As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Future of [chat] Enforcement

1828384858688»

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Seeing Rhianna and Green Day in Tokyo is something I could do this Summer. Hmmmmm.

Why come all the way over here to the surface of the sun to see Rhianna?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I have never seen a pharmacy that did, but then our pharmacies were all a state run company until 2010 I think

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Seeing Rhianna and Green Day in Tokyo is something I could do this Summer. Hmmmmm.

I'll be in Tokyo anyway. It just so happens that Green Day and Rihanna will be there too (Along with Passion Pit, Death Cab and New Order!). Tokyo Summer Sonic looks p cool.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Sparvy wrote:
    I have never seen a pharmacy that did, but then our pharmacies were all a state run company until 2010 I think

And then the state allowed privatized competition, and now the privatized companies are closing up a whole bunch of shops because they're not profitable, leaving people without pharmacies in areas. Good job, state!

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Pharmacies in the US are basically convenience stores that happen to be able to fill prescriptions as well.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Sparvy wrote:

And then the state allowed privatized competition, and now the privatized companies are closing up a whole bunch of shops because they're not profitable, leaving people without pharmacies in areas. Good job, state!

well, the state doesn't have to pay for pharmacies for people in arsefuck nowhere anymore

ftOqU21.png
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Pharmacies in the US are basically convenience stores that happen to be able to fill prescriptions as well.

Same up here

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Participating in some sort of large shared living arrangement seems to be widely accepted as a good way to start university, so far as meeting new people goes anyway. It probably wouldn't be as comfortable or nice as living in the places you are looking at, but you can always do that a few months later on. All my friends who flatted first year, or lived at home kind of regretted doing so for that particular reason, noting of course it usually saved them a lot of money staying at home or the like

Yeah that's not out of the question at all

I strongly recommend it. I think about at least half of my good friends are still people I met in that first year, when I stayed at a first year hostel.

First year dorms, second year get the fuck out of dorms.

That was the rule in NZ too, outside of a couple of exceptions.

we don't have dorms

Oh. I kind of assumed they were pretty much universal. Plenty of people try and study away from home here, or live far enough away that commuting isn't practical.

Most dorms that I'm familiar with in NZ have space for about 100-300 residents, usually clustered in unsegregated (by sex I mean) groups of 5-20 per floor or building.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited February 2012
    Sparvy wrote:

Should've sold more candy.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    Participating in some sort of large shared living arrangement seems to be widely accepted as a good way to start university, so far as meeting new people goes anyway. It probably wouldn't be as comfortable or nice as living in the places you are looking at, but you can always do that a few months later on. All my friends who flatted first year, or lived at home kind of regretted doing so for that particular reason, noting of course it usually saved them a lot of money staying at home or the like

I strongly recommend it. I think about at least half of my good friends are still people I met in that first year, when I stayed at a first year hostel.

we don't have dorms

Oh. I kind of assumed they were pretty much universal. Plenty of people try and study away from home here, or live far enough away that commuting isn't practical.

Most dorms that I'm familiar with in NZ have space for about 100-300 residents, usually clustered in unsegregated (by sex I mean) groups of 5-20 per floor or building.

oh same here, but they don't live in dorms

we don't really do huge buildings, in most places

ftOqU21.png
    I got minimalistic spam.

Or the spammer is just being lazy and not bothering to sell me on his scam.

AmgkeiQCQAAFaeY.png

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote:

I will also note they sell cigarettes and booze in pharmacies. Those nicotine patches that help you quit smoking? Those are hilariously sitting next to the cigarettes locked up on the same shelf.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I'll be in Tokyo anyway. It just so happens that Green Day and Rihanna will be there too (Along with Passion Pit, Death Cab and New Order!). Tokyo Summer Sonic looks p cool.

Still surface of the sun, Summer Sonic is ourdoors isnt it?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This is dope looking

The best part?

That's not a Carnifex base it's standing on.

It's a 120mm Trygon base.

Oh jesus fuck

Pharmacies in France all have green neon signs. Big blinking green crosses.

ftOqU21.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Sparvy wrote:

I will also note they sell cigarettes and booze in pharmacies. Those nicotine patches that help you quit smoking? Those are hilariously sitting next to the cigarettes locked up on the same shelf.

Seems logical. Where else would you put them? Next to the candy?

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

Still surface of the sun, Summer Sonic is ourdoors isnt it?

I have no idea. I was in Tokyo in August three years ago and it wasn't that bad though.

Next to the chocolate cigarettes.

edited February 2012

we don't have dorms

You guys need to start building more pharonic or monumental buildings, if future generations are to be impressed by your oil wealth. Archaeologists will not be impressed by high standards of living!

Kalkino on
    God, I loved these. haven't seen them in 20 years.

3446975380_da95c8c1e5.jpg

we don't have dorms

You guys need to start building more pharonic or monumental buildings, if future generations are to be impressed by your oil wealth. Archaeologists will not be impressed by high standards of living!

559432519_mM5w9-L.jpg

We did build a dick made out of naked people.

ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote:

Exactly! next to the candy.

Hello, new customers!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Echo what the heck is that.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote:

Oh I can't decide between the automotive repair section, near the toys section, the electric fans and electric heaters section, the newsstand, the photo development area, or pet needs aisle.

Europeans might think I'm joking but there is really an auto repair aisle in my pharmacy. I can buy motor oil there.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Is there any way to tell how much tear a car of X build with Y miles has?

Like, I'm looking into getting another car. There is a specific model I want, that was discontinued a few years ago. So of course all the ones I can get are rather used. I want to know if, say, 100,000 miles on this model means that I'll be paying a lot in repairs and maintenance or if it holds up well or poorly and whatnot.

desc wrote:
    Echo what the heck is that.

C'est une pipe.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    That... obelisk? Statue? Monument?

It is kind of disturbing. It reminds me of the monument that was added to the lobby of the Ministry of Magic after the Death Eaters took over that showed muggles being trampled by wizards.

And also the final battle against Kefka in Final Fantasy 6

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    penis

anybody want to play me3 multi on the god emperor machine aka the pc

obF2Wuw.png
    Huh, I just walked past half a dozen American girls sitting on the pavement, smoking. This surely is a portent of better weather!

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @Echo, why not make thread?

257279127_cyvoG-L-2.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.