As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wiz-War Tournament] The Pit - 36 total damage in one turn

ObiFettObiFett Use the ForceAs You WishRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Critical Failures
Welcome to The Pit
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTxM8HEWWsvblmYWjodwfPXg6MS_u5S5-cyiNUGdMsUV3rtnu5wA

Winning
There is ONE way to win in The Pit: Be the last wizard alive among all those who have lost or will lose in the mazes in the tournament (including the Championship). This can be done in many ways. You can just survive. You can hunt other players to be sure you are the last one alive. You can try to get stronger with experience by completing quests. You can work with other players to attempt to obtain the Relics or kill the Boss. Whatever you do, Just be the last one alive.

The Pit will do whatever it wants to spur wizards to action. If, for instance, a wizard barricades himself within walls to hide from other wizards and makes no attempt to interact with The Pit, The Pit may decide to fill his enclosure with water, slowly drowning him until he is either dead or has moved.

Rules
Base rules:
The base rules are the same as the base game (with modifications listed below) which can be found here and clarified in the FAQ here.

Modifications to the base rules:
Temporary Spells: All temporary spells are now permanent.
Maintaining Spells: Any permanent/temporary spell that does not directly affect you is out of your control after being cast. In other words, there is no maintaining of spells that do not directly affect you and you can not dismiss any previously cast permanent/temporary spells that do not directly affect you. If you create a wall, its staying there until someone Dispels it or destroys it.
Base Energy: The base energy of every card is now 2.
Hand Size: You current hand size does not include maintained spells (transformations, etc). Held Items still count against your hand size.
Drawing: You may now draw as many cards as necessary to reach your maximum hand size.
Health: A player's starting and maximum health is 20.
Attacks: Players may make two attacks per turn.
Doors: After being destroyed, they will re-appear in three turns.
Stuning: If a wizard is stunned, they can either lose half their attacks and move or not move and still do their full attacks. If a monster is stunned, a roll will be made to determine if they attack or move.

Schools of Magic
Every school of magic will be used as well as both cantrip decks.

Counter-Spells - Because no one wants to have to wait for everyone to say whether or not they will counter any given spell by another player, all players will instead queue up their counter/reaction spells with conditions. For example, if I had a Full Shield (Counter any spell targeting me) in my hand I could queue it up by saying "Cast only if someone targets me with an attack that does damage" or "Cast if someone targets me with any spell" or "Cast if someone targets me with [specific spell]". These conditions can be as specific, multi-tiered, and creative as you want them to be. These should be PM'd to me once you get your starting hand/draw new cards and can be changed whenever and as often as you like. If you don't set anything up for your counter-spells, they just simply won't get played when its not your turn.

Turns - Turns will also be PM'd to me. Your turn will need to be sent in on the assigned/signed up day your turn is supposed to be made. Your PM will contain the exact movement and timing of all the castings of your spells. Because there are counter-spells, however, if something gets countered in the middle of your turn, then it gets countered and your turn will continue on. In order to account for this, you can put conditionals in your turn order. For example, "Move down, Cast Lightning Bolt targeting Red Wizard. If lightning bolt is countered, then transform into Gnome and move Up, Up. If lightning bolt is not countered, then cast Fire Wall on right side of A-4 and move Up, Up." These can be as complicated or as simple as you want/need them to be.

Communication - Try to keep all communication in this thread. PMs are allowed for private communication. Absolutely no sharing direct information about your cards, but loose coordination of turns is allowed.

The Map and its Relics, Dangers, Monsters, and Boss
Base Map for this version of The Pit:
PitPreview.png

Relics:
Spellbook of [UNKNOWN] | Location: G7 | It grants [UNKNOWN] to the holder. It can not be destroyed or stolen. If the bearer is killed, it returns to its original location.
[UNKNOWN] Wand | Location : I9 | It grants [UNKNOWN] to the holder. It can not be destroyed or stolen. If the bearer is killed, it returns to its original location.

Dangers:
Hellfire Walls: Hellfire Walls can not be dispelled or destroyed, deal 10 damage to any wizard that walks through them, can not be teleported/mistwalked through, and block all LOS. Damage from the Hellfire can not be avoided/reduced/countered/evaded. Players can not be forced to walk through the Hellfire by other players.

Demon Traps: Demon traps can not be dispelled or destroyed. Demon traps are triggered when a wizard enters its square and are subject to one of four effects determined randomly by a roll of D4 -
1 - Wizard is immobilized for 4 turns
2 - Wizard takes 5 damage and is stunned for 2 turns
3 - Wizard takes 10 damage and is stunned for 1 turn
4 - Wizard takes 15 damage

Monsters and Boss:

There are 4 types of monsters in this version of The Pit. Monsters always act after all the players have taken their turns. Monsters can not open doors. If a monster can not trace a path to a wizard, they will instead cause a number cracks equal to the number of players divided by two (rounded up) to the weakest door/wall within movement range that will give them a path. Monsters have "moods" that determine what they do and how they act. After a monster takes its turn, its mood randomly changes based on the roll of a D4. The player will always know what mood a monster will have on its next turn to allow them to plan. When a monster is killed, another one of the same type will spawn immediately in a randomly selected monster starting zone. The more a particular monster spawns, the higher chance a spawning may produce unexpected results. The monsters in this version of The Pit are -

Golem | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Damage: 4 | All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS. | Moods:
1-2 - Hunker down: Reduce all damage taken by 5. Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage.
3 - Charge: Change movement to 10 and run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage equal to squares moved and push wizard in random direction equal to the movement points remaining for the Golem.
4 - Rock Thrower: Attack all wizards within LOS for 5 physical damage.
Werewolf | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Damage: D4 | All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns). Moods:
1-2 - Stalk: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Avoid any LOS attack on a D4 roll of 1.
3 - Leap: Triple movement. Run towards nearest wizard. When/if contact is made, deal damage x2.
4 - Maul: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Target wizard is immobilized and unable to cast spells for 1 turn while the werewolf mauls him.
Slime | HP: 10 | Move: 6 | Damage: 1 | Can pass through any door or cracked wall | Moods:
1-2 - Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
3 - Explode: Deal 1 damage to all wizards within LOS. All wizards who take damage from Explode are stunned for 1 turn.
4 - Attach: Move at half speed towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, attach to target wizard. Attached Slimes deal 2 damage per turn and can only be removed by moving 6+ spaces in one turn or by being stunned. They drop in the square where the wizard started their 6+ movement or where they were stunned. Wizards who have a Slime attached are stunned at the beginning of their turn.
Gnome | HP: 10 | Move: 8 | Damage: 0 | Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2 | Moods:
1-2 - Annoy: Move towards nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, steal two spells chosen at random. Spend remaining movement running to square farthest away from all other wizards.
3 - Frustrate: Move towards the nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, force target wizard to discard half their cards (wizard's choice), rounded down.
4 - Terrorize: Teleport at half speed towards the nearest wizard. If Wizard is within LOS, deal damage equal to wizard's hand size (wizard my discard prior to damage).

Boss: Bosses are the guardians of the Relics. They block LOS and movement. They do not re-spawn once killed. Basic attacks from Bosses can not be avoided, reduced, evaded, or prevented. There is one Boss in this version of The Pit. The Boss in this version of The Pit is -
Cinder | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Damage: 5 | Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Block LOS and movement. | Moods:
1 - Dispel : Target random wizard. All items, transformations, and effects on that wizard are removed/destroyed.
2 - Fire Pillars : Choose two random squares on each Tile. Any wizard or monster that starts on or moves through a Fire Pillar square takes 5 fire damage. Lasts one round.
3 - Fireball : Choose one random starting glyph. Deal 5 damage to every wizard and monster in that square. Every wizard and monster within 5 squares takes takes 5-2N damage, where N is the number of squares away from the targeted glyph.
4 - Protect : Surround every treasure with Hellfire Walls. Lasts one round.

Players, Turn Order, Quests, Experience, and Leveling up
Starting spots and color:
You will be assigned a color that either has not been assigned yet OR is assigned to the least amount of players (ties will be determined randomly). You will start in one of your two colored glyphs, whichever is the farthest from danger.

Turn Order
When there are 4 or less wizards in The Pit, turns are due 24 hours after the previous player's turn is posted.
When there are more than 4 wizards in The Pit, each color of wizard's turn will be due on a specific day. (For example, Red on Monday, Blue on Wednesday, Green on Friday, Yellow on Sunday). In this case, turns for wizards of the same color will happen in order of their number (for example, Red 1, then Red 2, then Red 3). Assigned days will be posted after the previous color's turn is posted.

Quests
Global Quests:
- Any wizard who kills another wizard or monster is awarded 5 experience (+3 experience if they are carrying a treasure of your color).
- Picking up and returning a different colored treasure to a glyph of your color awards 2 experience.
When a treasure is captured in this way by a wizard, it immediately disappears and a new one appears (surrounded by walls) on the tile the treasure was originally taken from
- Any wizard whose attack kills the Boss is immediately promoted to max level.

Secret Quests:
Every wizard will be assigned two secret quests. Completion of a secret quest will result in the experience/rewards listed for the quest as well as the assignment of a new quest.

Experience
Experience can be spent to increase level. Once in the maze, experience is gained only by completing quests.

Experience is also awarded for past accomplishments:
- Win a tournament game in the current tournament: 5 experience for every game won.
- For every player you had more VP or survived longer than in a tournament game you lost: 2 experience.
- Won a Championship in any previous tournament: 10 experience.
- Survived any version of The Pit: 20 experience.

Levels and Leveling up

Every wizard starts at level 0 plus the experience for past accomplishments.

When you have accrued 5 experience you immediately level up (to a maximum of 10 levels). Every time you increase in level your health is restored to maximum. You may then choose one of the following rewards based on the level you have reached:
Every Level
- Increase your maximum hand size by 1. (can only be chosen twice)
- Increase your maximum life by 2.
- Increase your base movement by 1. (can only be chosen twice)
Every Five Levels
- All damage received is reduced by 1. (can only be chosen once)
- All damage dealt is increased by 1. (can only be chosen once)
Tenth Level
- You may cast Dispel and Full Shield once per turn.

Player Death and Inactivity

If a player dies they will come back as a Ghost Wizard with the profile below. Ghost wizards will take their turn at the beginning of the monster turn. When initially spawned, they begin in the center square, with The Pit Boss. Players may control their Ghost or allow The Pit to control it (in which case ghosts will always target nearest wizard/monster). Moods for the Ghost Wizards are not public information, are chosen and sent by PM to the HOST, and should not be shared with anyone other than ghosts and/or the Host. Ghosts are not to have any communication with alive players outside of this thread but are encouraged to continue to haunt the living within the thread.

Ghost Wizard (Can pass through any object, wall, or obstacle and their movement can never be blocked. Any damage to the ghost resets the ghost back to the center square. Are not a valid target for bosses or monsters.) | HP: N/A | Move: 3 | Base Damage: N/A |
Moods (chosen by the player, else rolled randomly):
1-2 - Haunt: Make a standard move. If target wizard is within LOS, may deal 2 damage to target wizard OR if target monster is within LOS, may double monster movement and damage.
3 - Shriek: Move towards target wizard. If/when adjacent to target wizard (ignoring walls), target wizard takes 5 damage and can only either attack or move next turn. Then reset back to center square.
4 - Possess: Move towards target wizard. If a wizard dies this turn while in LOS of you, you take over their body. The wizard that scored the kill still gets all rewards and cards. Possessed Wizards gain a new profile.

Possessed Wizard ?????

If a player is inactive for two consecutive turns, a replacement will be allowed to control them. If there are no replacements, The Pit Boss takes control of the wizard and he gains profile below. Mind-Controlled Wizards take their turns during their color's turn and are not valid targets for monsters.

Mind-Controlled Wizard (Will cast Shield, reduce damage by 2, on a roll of 4 when attacked. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage and still perform their mood) | HP: 20 | Move: 3+D6 | Base Damage: 1 |
Moods:
1-2 - Boomstone : Mind-Controlled wizard is now carrying a Boomstone (4 damage to self if fire damage is received). Move towards nearest wizard. When/if target wizard is within LOS throw Boomstone (4 magical damage) at target Wizard.
3 - Fireball: Move towards nearest wizard. Cast Fireball (5 Fire damage) at target Wizard.
4 - Lightning Bolt: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if target wizard is within LOS, Cast Lightning Bolt (3 damage per hit, travels equal to charge, rebounds off wall) with charge 3+D6.

Good Luck to all in The Pit.

If you don't kill each other. The Pit certainly will.

Clarifications:
Can I discard secret quest rewards?
No. If you want to free up hand space, you can drop them in your current square.

What happens if I attack someone on my turn and the target is dead because a wizard of the same color killed the target before I could or my target is out of LOS/not Adjacent when the spell requires it?
Your spell doesn't fire and it stays in your hand. The rest of your turn continues as normal.

So I waste a turn? That's lame
Yup, maybe you should work something out with your fellow wizard to prevent that from happening...

Can you let me know if <insert condition here> happens so I can revise my orders?
No, you can not revise your orders. Orders can only be revised if your movement is impeded during your turn or you draw new cards in the middle of your turn. This is to keep the game flowing and to prevent more downtime than we need.

Do gnomes still get to dodge ghost powers?
any damage from ghosts/monster/cinder are considered attacks and are treated as such for the purposes of evading, reducing, preventing

Do ghosts ignore Big Man rules of "cannot enter or move through the Big Man's square/blocks LOS"
ghosts' movement can never be blocked

Can ghost powers be countered? (I'm guessing not by Wall of Earth, but in any other way)?
damage from ghosts/monsters can be countered, but moods are not spells so they can not be absorbed, negated, etc.

ObiFett on

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Current Map
    Pit1-1.png

Monster/Boss Status and Mood
    Golem | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Hunker down: Reduce all damage taken by 5. Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage.
    Werewolf | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Maul: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Target wizard is immobilized and unable to cast spells for 1 turn while the werewolf mauls him.
    Slime | HP: 10 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
    Gnome | HP: 10 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Frustrate: Move towards the nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, force target wizard to discard half their cards (wizard's choice), rounded down.

Cinder | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Fireball : Choose one random starting glyph (Roll: Bottom Center). Deal 5 damage to every wizard and monster in that square. Every wizard and monster within 5 squares takes takes 5-2N damage, where N is the number of squares away from the targeted glyph.

Turn Order - Turns are due 24 after the last turn is posted
    Gandalf_the_Crazed (Green 1) <-Current Turn
    SeGaTai (Red 1)
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed
    HP: 20/20
    Level: 0
    Experience: 0
    Cards in hand / Max: 7/7
    Held Items and Spell Effects:

SeGaTai
    Experience: 2

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I will be posting starting spots and turn order tonight. PM's will then be sent out with starting hands.

Please read over the rules and let me know of any changes you think should be made or clarifications that need to be made.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    OH MY GODS

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, and we're allowed to PM each other now? Sweeeet.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh, and we're allowed to PM each other now? Sweeeet.

Limitedly. Try to keep as much convo in the thread as possible.

But yeah, alliances and stuff will be needed, so PMs are allowed for secret talk.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    OH MY GODS

:D

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Can Hellfire Walls be damaged? If so, how many cracks are required to destroy one?
    Slime wrote:
    4 - Attach: Move at half speed towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, attach to wizard. Attached Slimes deal 2 damage per turn and can only be removed by moving 6+ spaces in one turn or by being stunned. Wizards who have a Slime attached are stunned every turn.
    Does this mean if you stun the slime then the slime is no longer attached? Also, when you move 6+, where does the slime end up (starting square for the move, 5th square, other). And does the wizard's stun status wear off immediately (so that he can run 6+ away from it, then cast a spell) or is it just for the next turn?

• Options
    I knew I could count on you for rules clarifications. ;-)

Hellfire Walls can not be damaged or destroyed. - clarified in the OP

If you stun the slime then the slime is no longer attached. The slime drop off at the square you started when you moved 6+ spaces. Attached Slimes stun the wizard they are attached to at the start of that wizard's turn. - All now clarified in the OP.

• Options
    What happens to a treasure after it is dropped on a glyph? (Does it just sit there, or does it disappear and reappear back at its starting location. If the latter, do the walls around the treasure regenerate when the treasure is replaced?)

Feels as though if the treasure just sits on the glyph in this one, you can move it away and back, or you and a partner could take turns dragging the same two treasures back and forth between two glyphs.

• Options
    Oh, yeah. I need to clarify that.

I had planned to have the treasure disappear and new treasure would appear on the tile where the treasure was taken in one of the two spots, whichever was furthest from a wizard.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    More clarifications:

If you kill the boss, does it respawn in its original location? Or is it just dead forever? Killing the boss and then having it spring back to life next turn would suck, even to the one who landed the killing blow and was at max level.

Demon Traps: Do they go away if triggered? Given their effects it seems like they would, else if you are immobilized for 4 turns you have to take the trap damage for 4 turns, which on average will immobilize you for 4 turns before you were free.... so you'd basically die (even if you weren't within the hellfire walls with the boss beating on you). Assuming they go away after they are stepped on, do they ever come back?

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Bosses don't respawn.

Demon Traps only trigger the turn a wizard enters the square.

Both now clarified in the OP.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    If a demon appears in a forest and no wizard was around to summon it, is it still just as pissed?

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Question: After completing secret quests, am I supplied with a replacement quest?

EDIT: Never mind, re-read the rules.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Gandalf_the_Crazed wakes up in a cold dark maze. He is, sadly, familiar with this tune. Or so he thinks. He immediately smells a werewolf. "Not again..." he says as he pees himself a little. He casts a wall in the direction of the smell.

And the smell disappears. With a sigh of relief, Gandalf_the_Crazed boosts towards his goal. When he comes across a wall, he transforms into a Big Man (Ogre was apparently trademarked by another wizard academy) and sends his fist directly into the wall. He sees a crack form. Welp, this will take a while, hopefully that Werewolf can't break through the wall.

Actual Orders:
    Boost with Energy (5)
    Move left, left
    Smell the werewolf to the south
    Pee self
    Cast "Create Wall" on the border D6/E6
    No longer smell the werewolf to the south
    Cease peeing self
    Continue moving down the corridor , running out of movement at D3: The Mighty Ducks
    Cast Big Man Form, TRANSFORM AND PUNCH OUT at the wall on D2/D3 -- should be sufficient to crack it once.
    End turn, drawing 3 cards

Current Map
    Pit1-2.png

Hunker down: Reduce all damage taken by 5. Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage.
    Maul: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Target wizard is immobilized and unable to cast spells for 1 turn while the werewolf mauls him.
    Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
    Frustrate: Move towards the nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, force target wizard to discard half their cards (wizard's choice), rounded down.

Fireball : Choose one random starting glyph (Roll: Bottom Center). Deal 5 damage to every wizard and monster in that square. Every wizard and monster within 5 squares takes takes 5-2N damage, where N is the number of squares away from the targeted glyph.

Gandalf_the_Crazed (Green 1)
    SeGaTai (Red 1) <-Current Turn
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.

SeGaTai

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    added a new rule for monsters:
    - If a monster can not trace a path to a wizard, they will instead do one crack to the weakest door/wall within movement range that will give them a path.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote:
    added a new rule for monsters:
    - If a monster can not trace a path to a wizard, they will instead do one crack to the weakest door/wall within movement range that will give them a path.

Ah, fucknuts. :(

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome to The Pit, blahmcblah.

• Options
    tweaked some of the monster moods

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Orders in, out of curiousity where is blahmcblah spawning and is he getting a turn before monsters?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Spawning is always done in the safest of the two spawn points. He's Yellow so the safest will be H13.

And he does get a turn before the monsters.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    SeGaTai is glad to no longer be naked, but incredibly upset that he is in yet another maze. Hearing the sounds of a Golem, he creates a wall to cover his flank then boosts to his goal.

When he reaches a dead end, he laughs and covers himself in a fire cloak. Using his cloak for power he punches the wall and puts a crack in it.

Actual Orders:
    Create Wall @ M5/6,
    Discard handful of tacks for 3 movement,
    Move to I3,
    play Fire Cloak,
    Punch wall @ I2/3 for 1 crack.
    Discard 0, Draw 2 cards

Current Map
    Pit1-3.png

SeGaTai (Red 1)
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1) <-Current Turn
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.

SeGaTai
    Cards in hand / Max: 6/7
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker. | 2

blahmcblah

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    FYI, any spell that targets a wizard, can also target a monsters/bosses. In case that wasn't totally clear.

Also, as I deal out spells that specifically target hands, cards, etc, I will also try to give it an alternate mode to affect monsters.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Also, a change to Cinder's Fireball Mood the next time it is cast (not this upcoming time to give players a chance to adapt):
    The fireball will also destroy all created objects and dropped items damaged by the attack.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Hmm forgot modifications, I have 2 attacks a turn. Any chance I can get another punch on that wall <3<3<3

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Sure. I'll update it after blahmcblah gets his turn.

Gandalf_the_Crazed, do you want a second punch as well?

• Options
    Oh, yes please. I totally forgot about that rule.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Also, welcome to the Pit, blahmcblah. This is us, on the raggedy edge.

Don't push me, and I won't push you. ;-)

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, I hadn't subscribed to the thread yet and didn't know it was my turn. Orders will be in once I get over teleportation sickness (again).

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Finally over my nausea, so orders in.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    blahmcblah heads towards the sounds of all the knocking and knocks twice to join in on the morse-code conversation. When he doesn't hear anything back, he says to himself "this is taking too fucking long" throws a Universal Solvent at the wall ready to talk face to face with his fellow captors. Then he remembers, "there can be only one" and switches into passive-attack mode. He spins the current sector around, hoping it messes up his opponents/fellow inmates.

And boy does it.

Wow does it ever.

Icing on the cake, he traps himself in with a thornbush.

Actual Orders:
    Move to H1.
    Rotate current sector 90° counter-clockwise.
    Because it seems to be a mandatory action in The Pit, I'll punch the wall in front of me twice.
    Then say, "this is taking too fucking long" and just melt the damn thing with Universal Solvent.
    Cast Thornbush at K3.
    Draw 3 cards.

Current Map
    Pit1-4.png

Items/Objects Key
    K3 - Thornbush | Neutral | Permanent | Create 1 thornbush in target empty space. Thornbushes block LOS and take 1 crack (or 1 fire damage) to destroy. Wizards who enter the thornbush's square immediately end their turn, take 1 physical damage, and are stunned for one turn. This is not an attack and can not be evaded.

SeGaTai (Red 1)
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1)
    Monsters <-Current Turn

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed

SeGaTai
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker. | 2

blahmcblah

ObiFett on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ahahaha oh man. Rotating tiles just got way more fun xD

e- ooo Being the last person into the pit means you get to go last before the monsters go. That's going to be a huge advantage... up until someone else lands in the pit and goes after you of course! I LIKE that mechanic.

El Skid on
  • Options
    blahmcblah, you're an asshole. :-P

Good work.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    The gnome sneaks up to Gandalf_the_Crazed and clouds his mind while it feeds on his thoughts.

The slime and golem move closer to their targets.

The werewolf is enraged by his enclosure and strikes at the nearby door.

Cinder sends a Fireball at the bottom Green section. Missing everyone.

Current Map
    Pit1-5.png

Items/Objects Key
    K3 - Thornbush | Neutral | Permanent | Create 1 thornbush in target empty space. Thornbushes block LOS and take 1 crack (or 1 fire damage) to destroy. Wizards who enter the thornbush's square immediately end their turn, take 1 physical damage, and are stunned for one turn. This is not an attack and can not be evaded.

Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Charge: Change movement to 10 and run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage equal to squares moved and push wizard in random direction equal to the movement points remaining for the Golem.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Stalk: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Avoid any LOS attack on a D4 roll of 1.
    Slime (Can pass through any door) | HP: 10 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Attach: Move at half speed towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, attach to target wizard. Attached Slimes deal 2 damage per turn and can only be removed by moving 6+ spaces in one turn or by being stunned. They drop in the square where the wizard started their 6+ movement or where they were stunned. Wizards who have a Slime attached are stunned at the beginning of their turn.
    Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 10 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Dispel : Target random wizard (roll: blahmcblah). All items, transformations, and effects on that wizard are removed/destroyed.

Gandalf_the_Crazed (Green 1) <-Current Turn
    SeGaTai (Red 1)
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1)
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed
    Cards in hand / Max: 4/7

SeGaTai

blahmcblah

• Options
    Orders are in.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Also, shouldn't the golem have moved east? There doesn't seem to be an open path to the west.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    He's heading for the O8-A8 passage.

Which he can't get to. Never mind!

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, Golem should have headed east. When I update GtC's turn I will change his move.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Gandalf_the_Crazed pats the evil little gnome on his pointy little head and takes a step back, he was going to need some space for this. He charges a lightning bolt and lets it fly. Gandalf_the_Crazed feels a little vindicated as the surge of electricity fries and crackles the gnome. He feels even more vindicated as the lightning bounces off the wall behind the gnome and fries the gnome a second time. Going for the kill he summons a boomstone and throws it at the smoking gnome. The gnome laughs, dodges, and gives Gandalf_the_Crazed the tiniest little finger ever.

Actual Orders:
    Pat the gnome on the head. He should die feeling loved.
    Move north.
    Cast Lightning Bolt to the south, using Energy (6) to boost it. That should make it hit the gnome twice (Rolls: 3,4), without hitting me. Assuming the gnome doesn't evade it.
    Lightning Bolt | Attack | Any | Instant | Lightning : Shoot a lightning bolt from your square in a straight, nondiagonal line for a number of squares equal to this spell's energy. The bolt deals 3 magical lightning damage to all wizards and creatures it passes through each time it passes through them. If the bolt strikes an object that blocks movement, it reverses direction, reentering its current square, and keeps moving. If a wizard suffers any damage from this spell, it becomes stunned for 1 turn
    Summon Boomstone. Toss it at that little bastard. (Roll: 1, gnome evades)
    Boomstone | Item | LOS | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you may throw Boomstone as an attack at a target object or wizard for 4 magical damage. Afterwards discard boomstone. If you suffer any fire damage all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed and you suffer 4 damage if boomstone is destroyed this way.
    Move south
    Draw however many cards. (6)

Current Map
    Pit1-6.png

Items/Objects Key

Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Charge: Change movement to 10 and run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage equal to squares moved and push wizard in random direction equal to the movement points remaining for the Golem.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Stalk: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Avoid any LOS attack on a D4 roll of 1.
    Slime (Can pass through any door) | HP: 10 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Attach: Move at half speed towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, attach to target wizard. Attached Slimes deal 2 damage per turn and can only be removed by moving 6+ spaces in one turn or by being stunned. They drop in the square where the wizard started their 6+ movement or where they were stunned. Wizards who have a Slime attached are stunned at the beginning of their turn.
    Stunned Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Dispel : Target random wizard (roll: blahmcblah). All items, transformations, and effects on that wizard are removed/destroyed.

SeGaTai (Red 1) <-Current Turn
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1)
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed

SeGaTai

blahmcblah

ObiFett on