As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - still too good for EVO.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yo anyone wanna play this on 360

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Well, I finally beat Uncharted 2; now I can sit down and go through the tutorial and try to learn how to play this game.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    BRT, I will play.

I don't remember what your user name/tag/handle/dumb thing is.

blaze_zero on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Well, I finally beat Uncharted 2; now I can sit down and go through the tutorial and try to learn how to play this game.

Challenge Mode is really good. It teaches you all th fancy combos...on Bang. Just look up proper ukemi and footsies or you won't land a single hit online.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    ok im going on

my tag is Logos22

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Man, this game has a tutorial and a half huh.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    The audio issue still persists on a different Vita; if you either resume the game from the Home menu or take a screenshot, the music explodes into speaker-cracking levels until the next track loads. It's real annoying and I hope it gets patched soon.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I might see if my nearby Gamestop is carrying a copy of this tomorrow so I can pick it up.

edited February 2012
    YO MY PLATINUM IS SO SICK

ggs blaze, how are your connections usually to random people?

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Gotta go BRT. I'll be back later.

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Ack, the four button layout is killing my hands. Doesn't help that I'm just getting used to using a stick too, but one run through arcade mode and my hand is dead. Almost seems like this one might be a bit better suited for a pad. Oh, and that last fight in arcade mode is a pain in the ass, but that's nothing unusual.

I just picked Tsubaki at random and she clicked pretty well. Gonna have to play around with the others and get through the rest of the tutorial.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    anyone want to
    play this game on 360

i feel like my platinum needs more play time

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I really thought this would be a safe one to get on the PS3. Why is everyone on the 360 for fighting games around here? Don't they know I don't feel like paying for Live? Where's the consideration?

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    i dunno, so far i haven't had many people to fight on 360 either
    i think it's the game seems to be sold out in so many places

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I was surprised to run into it today. It was the only standard copy so I went for it, but there were a lot of limited editions around.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I play fighting games on 360 because its the only console I own.

*Actually there is a PS3 in the same house but it's my brother's and I'm too lazy to log into my account.

edited February 2012
    SightTDW wrote:

Egh, at least once every couple of months I find myself looking at a copy of Overture, but nothing I've seen of it makes me think its anything but terrible. Retconning Axl I can accept. If they really wanted make that official they could just say "and then some time travel stuff happened" and be done with it.

Oh, definitely. I collection action/strategy games, and I played GG Overture out of hype for BlazBlue just before I went to field training in June 2009. It was not my cup of tea and even I thought it was a great idea. Apparently Daisuke likes DOTA and wanted to make an Action RTS inspired from it, combining DW hackey slash with real time strategy. But he took a little too much from DOTA. The maps are the same as MOBA maps: tight fucking corridors, through which the characters must anime-dash through to cover long distances. The monsters you summon have slick designs, but they're basically DW mooks, with the power to trade hits with each other until your Lu Bu esque hero comes along and mashes buttons. A nice deviation from DOTA is that you have full command over those slick monsters. The day before I left to field training I typed up a game script, and when I came back I sent it to Blackgenma and he edited it and put it on GameFAQs. Later, Brutal Legend and Monday Night Combat came out and outclassed GG in every way possible to the point that if Daisuke is serious about doing another, he'd better do his research and play all the Battlezones and Sacrifices and Monday Night Combats out there and see what works and what doesn't.

But I liked the way the story was heading a lot, despite being the same anime crap. It was finally moving the story forward, the bounty hunters were put to pasture, so they can stop fighting each other and saying "get out of my way" to each other. Even Ky goddamn Kiske, arguably the most heroic character was brushed aside because he's too lawful for his own good and he knows it. Instead, Overture is all about the Gears, and only the Gears. Five out of the six playable characters are Gears, with Ky being the only human. Revealed by Dr. Paradigm, there are entire races of Gears that are sentient; all kinds of dragons, youkai and mythical beasts out of fairy tales. They have left humanity behind and started their own civilizations. None are humanoid like Sol and Dizzy because, surprise surprise, "they bred like rabbits," and couldn't stop waging war on each other. Sol takes the spotlight because when the villain Valentine shows up, and her very presence pisses on Sol's 200 year old wounds. He starts to show his scientist roots too, and of course, no more "get out of my way" from him. Basically, the source of all magic is revealed in a dimension called The Backyard. It basically holds the source code of the universe. By fucking with The Backyard, humanity was able to put and end to all that pesky Conservation of Matter and Energy, and that's where Magic comes from. Valentine want's to go there and destroy the world. World saving ensues.

Oh, and I could watch the last boss over and over again. Holy shit.

But by all means, if you are at all curious where the story is going read the script instead.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/942201-guilty-gear-2-overture/faqs/59285

Cantido on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I just tried my hand at some arcade matches.
    Pretty game. Got no clue what the heck is happening though.
    Even though I just did most of the tutorial. I feel like an idiot. :(

how to play blazblue:

hold downback barrier
    hold up back barrier
    air dash over and over pressing buttons
    wakeup super

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    how to play blazblue:

hold downback barrier
    hold up back barrier
    air dash over and over pressing buttons
    wakeup super

lime so hard motherfuckers wanna fine me

Wakeup Super only works for Tager.

But Tager is an online hero so you will get hit by it once in your lifetime.

are you joking because i actually can't tell

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Oh...wakeup super is a horrible idea in general.

Just that I see Tager players throw it out more than anyone else.

And I get hit by it every once in a while because I give people too much credit.

...of course it's a horrible idea

that was the point

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    which leads me to believe you think airdashing over and over hitting buttons is a great idea?

i'm just not sure

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    i guess you do play jin though

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    My first post was a joke, actually. Even though it is true.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    WTF, I just beat an L46 Hazama with my L10 Relius, and got half the XP I had. (1 LV up.)

That would've been like three or four in CS1 or CT.

wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Cantido wrote: »
    Oh, and I could watch the last boss over and over again. Holy shit.

But by all means, if you are at all curious where the story is going read the script instead.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/942201-guilty-gear-2-overture/faqs/59285

Why is Mu-13's music playing? Oh, deliberate. Oddly fitting though.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited February 2012
    They do seem to get cheaper with the XP in every game.

I think my level is CS2 was around 56-58...compared to me being level 72 in CT.

That being said...I did lose a lot of ranked matches in the beginning because CS1 Jin was oh so bad.

Dragkonias on
    edited February 2012
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Why is Mu-13's music playing? Oh, deliberate. Oddly fitting though.

WHAT?! Oh fuck that noise. You call that boss music? This is so mo-fuggin boss music!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RphtWmGD11s

Synth bongos are for pussies and Imperial scum. Diva is my custom song for Nu/Ragna battles.

Cantido on
    I'm back. Logging on for battles.

oh i will log on

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I'm still trying to figure out how to play this again.

Fuck this lag.

yeah...
    is it just our connection or what

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I dunno. I generally have decent connections with people.

well, where are you playing from? i'm in hawaii

the lag got worse over time, too. though my brother started downloading starcraft 2...

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I'm from South Dakota. I have some pretty good internet too.

oh, that's pretty far away

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*