Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

choosy forumers choose ANIMATED GIF (NSF3G)

15253555758102

Posts

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    tumblr_lzxwcu8Jmw1r4ej6wo1_500.gif

    oh my god

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • XehalusXehalus the broken heart Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    tumblr_lqucq3MQ3I1qgusnxo1_250.gif

    Jf4Gf.gif

    heaven.gif?w=504&h=285

    Xehalus on
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    Mein gott...

    dTbnyv9.jpg?1
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Is that from a porno?

    or something?

    Some dude goes to heaven and bangs hot chicks there?

    That seems like a thing that would be in a porno

  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    tumblr_lzxwcu8Jmw1r4ej6wo1_500.gif

    oh my god

    God damn this is probably my favorite "meeting another famous person" anecdote line ever.

    With john waters, justin bieber, and that wording, it's like the perfect fucking storm of eccentrics interracting

    ETqXK.png
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    vAPdn.gif

    where did you get this gif of me

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    RE: Kristen Bell

    I disagree. Her face is really offputting to me. Can't really say what it is or why. She's cute but not hot.

    Not really work safe

    what's that from pipe?

    B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | LoL: El Naphtali | NNID: ElNaphtali | 3DS: 2852-8363-2374 | Wish List
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    You bet there is.

    tumblr_lzu9y475kc1qzhm9io4_250.gif
    tumblr_lzu98dqnWU1qb4mxmo1_500.gif

    If only Adam Pally would gay marry me :(

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Is that from a porno?

    or something?

    Some dude goes to heaven and bangs hot chicks there?

    That seems like a thing that would be in a porno

    That's from a 5 Second Film.

    I recognize the lady.

    dTbnyv9.jpg?1
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    yeah it can't be a porno cause I don't recognize the lady guffaw guffaw

    4SMZq.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus the broken heart Registered User regular
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Polar Warbear ˁ ͡° ᴥ ͡°ˀRegistered User regular
    i would watch a heaven porno

    angels are hot

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    i would watch a heaven porno

    angels are hot

    So did it hurt, Mr Fuzzbutt?

    When you fell from heaven?

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    i would watch a heaven porno

    angels are hot

    Yeah

    I probably would too

  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I have

    there were some evil angels in there too they had black victoria secret modeling style wings instead of white

    4SMZq.jpg
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    I have

    there were some evil angels in there too they had black victoria secret modeling style wings instead of white

    did you masturbate to it, Wimble?

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    It's weird how BBT really strikes a nerve with 'the internet', so much complaining about the terrible characters, terrible writing etc. etc.

    And yet Chuck is held in much higher regard. Same shitty nerd jokes, similar stupid, unlikeable characters, similar ridiculous premise. I believe it's the worse show of the two.

    you go to hell

    you go to hell and you die

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    It's weird how BBT really strikes a nerve with 'the internet', so much complaining about the terrible characters, terrible writing etc. etc.

    And yet Chuck is held in much higher regard. Same shitty nerd jokes, similar stupid, unlikeable characters, similar ridiculous premise. I believe it's the worse show of the two.

    you go to hell

    you go to hell and you die

    BAZINGA

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Wimble wrote: »
    I have

    there were some evil angels in there too they had black victoria secret modeling style wings instead of white

    did you masturbate to it, Wimble?

    I have never and will never

    I am trying to build a spirit bomb over here I can't have any kind of release

    4SMZq.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus the broken heart Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm being patronized with BBT.

    Chuck was just a clever spy movie spoof.

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Wimble wrote: »
    I have

    there were some evil angels in there too they had black victoria secret modeling style wings instead of white

    did you masturbate to it, Wimble?

    I have never and will never

    I am trying to build a spirit bomb over here I can't have any kind of release

    So you're saying I need to give you some of my energy

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I feel like I'm being patronized with BBT.

    Chuck was just a clever spy movie spoof.

    I have a hard time understanding where people are coming from when they talk about feeling condescended to by something created for mass appeal. Why would you assume you are considered the lowest common denominator or feel targeted by the creators marketing at all? Or is it something else entirely that I am missing?

    4SMZq.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    post em wimby

    post those suckers

    no they are mine

    oh no a bunch of gus gifs are slipping out

    eSEKG.gif
    pVFSv.gif
    2cKi2.gif
    qDcJe.gif

    and my favourite

    nx6cJ.gif

    You know that's right.

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    sorry keith my scanner indicates all your excretions are energy depleted

    4SMZq.jpg
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    sorry keith my scanner indicates all your excretions are energy depleted

    But they're literally glowing!

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I feel like I'm being patronized with BBT.

    Chuck was just a clever spy movie spoof.

    I have a hard time understanding where people are coming from when they talk about feeling condescended to by something created for mass appeal. Why would you assume you are considered the lowest common denominator or feel targeted by the creators marketing at all? Or is it something else entirely that I am missing?

    When you laugh at Sheldon it feels like you're laughing at Sheldon.

    If your cable goes out you can visit your local high school and do the same thing

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    hm I am not sure what you mean by that

    4SMZq.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus the broken heart Registered User regular
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    why am I laughing so hard at that cat

    I'm not even that tired

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    hm I am not sure what you mean by that

    Imagine if Seinfeld could hear his own laugh track


    Now imagine if Sheldon could

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I still don't know what you are saying, man

    is this still in the context of feeling condescended to by the show or are you making a separate point?

    4SMZq.jpg
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    I still don't know what you are saying, man

    is this still in the context of feeling condescended to by the show or are you making a separate point?

    If humor feels condescending to you it is because it is being made at your expense

    So obviously you have to think a certain way or have certain experiences or be a certain kind of person for the humor to not work on you, and this is an easy exercise to determine whether people are being laughed with or laughed at - whether they can identify with Joey reaching over to protect his sandwich from a bullet because good meatball sandwiches are heaven, or whether they can identify with the woman exasperated with Sheldon because he's denoting the specific gravity of the layers of his drink instead of paying attention to what she has to say.

    There exists identity with the other side too: Chandler's exasperation and feeling that he was slighted by Joey when confronted with possible danger, and Sheldon's innocent fascination with natural complexities that make normal communication seem mundane and trivial. However, there can be a bias towards one side or the other, and if you find yourself unable to identify with a character in a humorous situation for too many sketches, they basically become a stooge.

    What do you do when you see a stooge in reality? What if that stooge was a nerd?

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    but what that seems to imply to me is that you force yourself to feel represented by someone you don't really relate to because you perceive that writers who've never met you are targeting you with it

    which doesn't make sense to me. I guess maybe I've just never identified with a group that heavily

    4SMZq.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I feel like I'm being patronized with BBT.

    Chuck was just a clever spy movie spoof.

    I have a hard time understanding where people are coming from when they talk about feeling condescended to by something created for mass appeal. Why would you assume you are considered the lowest common denominator or feel targeted by the creators marketing at all? Or is it something else entirely that I am missing?

    The reason some people find it condescending is because all of the jokes are "look how awkward and weird nerds are", when a lot of the marketing message is "Hey nerds, this is a show for you!"

  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    but what that seems to imply to me is that you force yourself to feel represented by someone you don't really relate to because you perceive that writers who've never met you are targeting you with it

    which doesn't make sense to me. I guess maybe I've just never identified with a group that heavily

    If you don't have any sore spots in your personal history you probably would have never had to

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Oh I've been categorized a lot in my life, I've just always considered them vague identifiers or descriptions based on individual perspectives, not my actual identity

    but I do understand where you guys are coming from now so thanks for that :)

    4SMZq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.