As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Archive - Still open for business!

• HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    In regards to Blind Let's Plays, I think its always gone alright with the horror stuff that I do, but then I do edit my stuff, so dunno. Perhaps Rent dislikes my shit to :P

Also yeah, how good would it be to have our own Lping place? No more hosting worries with the screen shots mainly

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Henroid wrote:
    Second, and this is actually something that annoys me about Klyka even, is they cut out their audio during cutscenes. If something needs to be said, it gets appropriately placed in during a moment of silence on the game's part. And if funny shit happens, they'll upload a bonus video of what they were saying over the cutscene (they did this once or twice for MGS3).

Hey I did this. Where's my props biatch. >_<

Also, thinking of doing another one again. Got the itch. It's gonna be vanquish.
    I don't really want to try and do a speed run or anything, because then you'll miss out on all the everything that happens because I'll be zooming by it so fast. Plus speed runs aren't totally my thing. I never really bothered trying to speed run everything deliberately.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    ok, Shadowman LP is done.

So I've said it before, I just use these as an excuse to replay some of the best games ever, otherwise I probably wouldn't make the time to replay them. Still if anyone wants to watch a few vids and give me some of the lovely brutal honesty I've been seeing in the thread I'd really appreciate it. It's just that those that do watch it give me literally no feedback so I have no idea if these vids are terrible or not.

Also in the same vein as Chrontendo, I would just like to point out the Sega Genesis alternative (http://www.youtube.com/user/sewartg). It's made by one of the hosts of the Player One podcast, the first two were really good and I know Sewart is a really big Sega fan so they won't be half assed.

• SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    So yo, wasn't there an Etrian III LP going at one point, or was I just completely high in imagining that

pa_sig.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    SpaceDrake wrote: »
    So yo, wasn't there an Etrian III LP going at one point, or was I just completely high in imagining that

Here or elsewhere on the net? The only Etrian Odyssey LP that happened here was one I started for part 2, but I had to bring it to a quick stop when I lost access to a piece of hardware. D:

• SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    Wasn't Pureauthor doing something with Etrian III, though? I mean maybe I'm just tripping, but...

pa_sig.jpg
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Looks like imageshack is changing their policy, free accounts only get 500 images max starting March 1st. This means the 1800 I had for my LP are a tad over the limit.

I still have them all on my HD, but finding another host, rehosting, then fixing all the image codes would be a huge pain. I'll probably just let it be. Anyone who hasn't read it has five days to do so, then.

Aistan on
  • KalviKalvi Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Aistan wrote: »
    Looks like imageshack is changing their policy, free accounts only get 500 images max starting March 1st. This means the 1800 I had for my LP are a tad over the limit.

I still have them all on my HD, but finding another host, rehosting, then fixing all the image codes would be a huge pain. I'll probably just let it be. Anyone who hasn't read it has five days to do so, then.

Will this be counting the videos that are posted on there as well?

Kalvi on
  • XycrionXycrion Registered User new member
    Hello everyone, I am pretty new to the LP scene but so far I have gotten some good feedback from my channel so I wanted to get the word out for my videos. My main focus is older games such as from the nes, snes, and ps1 era. I also like to focus on rpg's but will occasionally throw in the action in there as well such as UN Squadron. I hope that you all enjoy my videos as I try to update new videos daily. Thanks for watching!!

My channel can be found at this link. youtube.com/user/Xycrion?feature=mhee

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Wasn't Pureauthor doing something with Etrian III, though? I mean maybe I'm just tripping, but...

Yeah he kept a sort of "Adventure Log" in the EO thread. Not sure what happened to it but it was hugely long and awesome.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Looking for some feedback on how survivable (heh) these vids are.

Also:
    Henroid wrote: »
    Helloween and I kicked back the idea on Twitter last week, again, of getting a hosting site for PAers and their LP stuffs. If I was working full time, I'd be paying into it all on my own as a gift for everyone, but I can't commit anything right now. It's something we could use.
    Quoting this because I was actually thinking about maybe possibly having an LP archive just now. I don't like that we have to throw links to all our LPs into a forum thread - the Vanilla conversion is just one example of why doing it that way sucks - and of course, we aren't getting an LP forum any time soon. It has to be on us, and I think a nice shiny archive, or hell, even a full-on platform for LPs, is exactly what we need.

The Anonymous on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Looking for some feedback on how survivable (heh) these vids are.

Also:
    Henroid wrote: »
    Helloween and I kicked back the idea on Twitter last week, again, of getting a hosting site for PAers and their LP stuffs. If I was working full time, I'd be paying into it all on my own as a gift for everyone, but I can't commit anything right now. It's something we could use.
    Quoting this because I was actually thinking about maybe possibly having an LP archive just now. I don't like that we have to throw links to all our LPs into a forum thread - the Vanilla conversion is just one example of why doing it that way sucks - and of course, we aren't getting an LP forum any time soon. It has to be on us, and I think a nice shiny archive, or hell, even a full-on platform for LPs, is exactly what we need.

Well having threads for LPs isn't a problem at all. But I do agree about the Vanilla conversion kind of making it a pain in the ass. Aside from the loss of the bbcode / post formatting buttons, the character count per post changed, and the ability to link to a single post (and only that post, in its own window) was lost. Which was helpful, being able to link to a single update within you OP or whatever.

But as it stands, the idea is just a matter of having a hosting service for content. We can definitely archive stuff onto a site too, but I wouldn't want to abandon the idea of making threads here as someone is progressing through their LP. Again, I've always considered the community feedback / interaction part of the experience.

You know, you're absolutely right, I can't believe that slipped my mind. I had commented to him a couple of times that I was considering it an LP too.

• Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    So im thinking of doing a let's play for Alan Wake, i checked the lparchives and there is a good one there but its all dubbed text, no voice. Mine would be a voice one, I personally love watching games played by others, especially atmospheric games, so im hoping there could be some small niche there that some people might be interested in. Anyway, im not hugely funny but i swear alot, get scared easily and have been told that my voice is not terrible.

League of Legends - Enzo III
  • TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
  • jkruse05jkruse05 Registered User regular
    Well, this is a bit awkward. I decided I want to start doing LPs a while ago, since watching ResearchIndicates do Trespasser and stumbling upon Helloween's youtube channel. I started looking around the internet for a community and, well, now I've landed here. The rules say not to pimp out your LP on this thread, so I'm going to try not to do that. It also says I need to be part of the community, which I will attempt to be, though I tend to be more of a lurker on most forums. What I do have are a few test videos of the LP I have started on, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. The intention is to do games with historic settings and/or based on actual events. Unfortunately that means every other game will likely be WWII.

I'm trying to lean toward an informative style, please let me know if you would like to see this continue, or if I should change it up.

Test Episode 1
    Test Episode 2
    History and Tutorial This video is currently being revised due to poor quality and crap dialogue.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really like the historical info, but you should think about trying to slot this into gameplay rather than waiting on the load screen for the mission. I know it seems logical and it is good that the info is interesting, but playing through the mission first and finding a good spot of non plot related noise to talk about it is a much better way of presenting the material. Also why are there black bars on the side of your video? Does this game not support wide screen? Did you mess up the encoding? Check out something awful's lets play forum for guides to check you aren't messing up your encoding.

I personally like your voice, you have clear articulation and an easy on the ears prosody. You are to the point about what you are doing which is good.

Continuing on watching I like the way you talk about historical and game related information in an intelligent way, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to fit in the load screen mini dump somewhere in the mission. You know how to play, can shoot straight and know details about the game (like finding the better gun at the start).

However I don't think you are ducking your voice over which is a nono, especially in a busy game like this. You should be using an audio editing program to lower the ingame audio whenever you talk. It is very easy to do with audacity. There were a few times you made a quiet comment that got drowned out by the ai shouting a command to the squad.

Sometimes you are being a little too informative. For example when you said clicking on the door would lead to an ambush, I would have let the game reveal the ambush and then you could have made a comment about it if you felt it was necessary to show how unsurprising it is. That's just a personal niggle though, some people don't mind that.
    I understand how hard it is when you know a lot about a game not to reveal stuff ahead of time automatically but I think it flows better if you try to hold back just a little bit.

Okay when you died you should skip via editing back to the same fight. We didn't need to see you trudging back through the level.

Sometimes you talk over dialogue from the ai which drowns them out.

I think it's clear you turned the audio down to make it easier to talk over, which is making it hard to hear the ingame voiceovers when the ai is being quiet. Ducking would eliminate this problem.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited April 2012
    Alrighty, I'll try to work that stuff into the game instead. A lot of those points are things that I debated myself, which is why these are test videos. The black is due to the program I use, Roxio Videowave, from Creator 2011. The only way to encode in HD is with a widescreen format, but I'm not using a widescreen monitor so the captured video doesn't quite fit correctly. The game is actually recorded in 1152x864, 1280x1024 made the HUD too small to see clearly once the video was captured, formatted, and uploaded.

So, checklist. Ducking on audio. Don't give stuff away. Do historic info during gameplay. Skip deaths. Aaaaand mess with formatting?

jkruse05 on
    What do you mean by formatting?

Video format, encoding, try to make it fit better.

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    Can anyone point me towards a decent LP of Deus Ex?

MGRSig2.jpg
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    Can anyone point me towards a decent LP of Deus Ex?
    The original or Human Revolution? If you mean the first game check the second post of this topic and scroll down to the Ds. I haven't watched it myself, but, well, there you go.

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Huh.

I checked the list and I'd swear that wasn't there when I did.

Oh well. Thanks to my incompetence, I now have an LP to check out.

Many thanks.

Edit: And yeah, it's a LP of the first game I was looking for. I just played through Human Revolution and wanted to see what the original game was like. Since I don't do PC gaming these days, that means checking out an LP.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    Edit: And yeah, it's a LP of the first game I was looking for. I just played through Human Revolution and wanted to see what the original game was like. Since I don't do PC gaming these days, that means checking out an LP.
    Well, the old one will run on almost anything nowadays and is available on both GoG and Steam. If you absolutely can't stand playing on the PC there's Deus Ex: The Conspiracy for Playstation 2, a truncated version of the original. I've never played The Conspiracy, but it's supposed to be decent despite the changes.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Reposted from the Mass Effect thread:

Ok.

So since I've been replaying Mass Effect 1, I decided to record my play so in the future, I can enjoy the story without having to replay the actual game. I know there are Let's Plays out there, but so few are good and the good ones are not my Shepard.

Anyhow, I was thinking, maybe since I have all these videos, I'll try to make an LP. But it would be my first time doing anything related to an LP and it's my first time even recording. So I'm in need of some feedback, constructive critisism, suggestions, tips, advice, and good ole fashioned ribbing.
    http://youtu.be/aRid2L0zoSo

Ok, so some info on what I did:

I configured the graphics to their in game max, then went into the engine.ini and upped the anistropic to 4 instead of the native max of 2. Then I upped the character textures to 256 from the base 32 (I think it's 32). Lastly, I upped the resolution to 1920x1080.

I recorded using Fraps at 30 fps and full screen. I also had to set my audio to 24bit 44100hz (studio quality) because otherwise I was getting some serious sync issues on a couple test recordings. Took me forever to figure out how to use Fraps correctly. But I think I got it figured out now.

Encoded and compressed the video and audio with Virtualdub. Set for x254 MPEG-4 AVI (custom high quality settings) for the video and used lame MP3 set at 192 kbps, constant bit rate and stereo for the audio compression. I tried encoding with Windows Movie Maker at first because I already had that, but it kept turning out shitty and desynced. After a lot of research, trial and error with two other encoders, Virtualdub worked the best. I had to also research, download, and install the x254 and lameMP3 codecs, which was also a long drawn out pain in my ass.

I edited the movie with WIndows Movie Maker. I didn't do a whole lot with editing yet. When I do this for real, I plan on taking out a couple of the load screens between cutscenes. Because I'm pushing my poor processor to the limit (all four working between 75 and 90% lol), the load screens can last a couple seconds. The big thing I did was add the audio portion of the spoken dialog Codex to the gameplay sections that do not include story sections. This little test was only all of Eden Prime, but there are 10 codex extries that pop up during this time and only an hour. At first I tried to find a place to squeeze them all in, but I felt that was too much. I did not yet add any commentary, that will be later. So that is also a concern. If there is too much Codex in the beginning and not enough commentary (I know you guys love the sound of my voice). I got the Codex entries from the Mass Effect Wiki and I just reencoded them from .ogg files to MP3's using Format Factory and it wasn't a pain in the ass at all, no sir. I did notice at first, some of the game sounds were too loud to hear the Codex dialog, so I edited the movie to play game sounds at 50% during the Codex and then brought it back up to 100% once done. The entries only happen during gameplay and not during character dialog or cutscenes.

Then I uploaded to youtube. The video is in at 1080p, so if you can stream at that level, please let me know what you think of the quality. Since this is just a test, I plan on deleting it in a few days. So comments and stuff are not allowed (unless you convice me other wise) :)

The editing is something I want the most feedback on, because I really want an opinion on what you guys think of the added Codex dialog. I'm a big fan of Mass Effect and Dragon Age doing the Codex, so I want to leave it in there. But should I try and spread them out a little more in the game? Like during all those long driving, walking, repeating cave/prefab building sections that have no dialog. But I also want a few Codex in the first video because they throw a lot of info at you and I at least want to set the trend of having this feature the first vid, but I also don't want to completely run dry later in the game and then be forced to use my wit. I tried to make them relevant, such as the shields dialog after Jenkins goes down and geth and husks after they are introduced. All feedback is welcome though.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing and just want to watch the parts where I added the Codex, they are at the following times:

22:35 - Kinetic Barriers
    23:29 - Prothean
    28:12 - Geth
    32:04 - Husks
    40:25 - Systems Alliance
    46:01 - Turians
    50:59 - Body Armor

So my questions:

What do you guys think of the quality of the video, both visual and audio.

What do you think of the Codex?

Should I try to add Codex as soon as they happen, wait for them to be relevant to the current story point, save them for long, dry points (like the Mako sections or sidequest through random building #112) or a balance?

Should I do anything else with the editing?

What kind of commentary should I do? I've never done an LP, so I've never done a commentary either.

Thanks guys.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    I'm buffering it now to give some feedback.

In light of recent events that include not being able to work for three months minimum, I might- oh who am I kidding. :?

Lol, fair enough.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    Okay, watched. I uh... kinda watched all of it... since I haven't played the game yet... and you weren't interrupting ANYTHING regarding the narrative (which I HATE in LPs!). So I was hooked . >.>

Anyway, the codex cut-ins seem the tiniest bit too loud over the rest of the audio. But your sense of timing with them is goddamn great; during menus or repetitive combat sequences or slower moments of exploration. That's pretty much the best style. The only thing I can't help with is when to use what kind of codex entry. So far, it sounds like the codex is a speaking tutorial on how your gear works (which is shit I love in games) so putting that kinda stuff at the start of the game makes lots of sense. The only entry that seemed out of place was the turian (?) one. Would've made sense earlier, but then I'm not sure if there was time for it without interrupting dialog happening.

For your commentary, given that you're using the codex in such style, you might want to stick to subtitles. And don't get terribly wordy about it. Use 'em to explain menu stuff happening on the screen, like, "Just gotta equip this SNAZZY new gun!" and shit like that, or be more informative than me. :P The important thing though is to not have your subtitles run at the same time as codex playback. Let the viewer focus on the game and one other thing; not three things at once.

All in all though that was well put together, and your plans for cutting out load screens is good. Plus you're giving what I feel is an appropriate amount of look at the game and moving things along, while giving some dialog depth with NPCs, etc. From where I sit you've got the hang of it already. No drastic changes to what you're doing, just little tune ups. Good show, @Mild Confusion.

Sweet, ok thanks for the look :)

steam_sig.png

I'd like to present everyone with the evolution of SirRonLionHeart.

He started out simply enough.
    Then the change started. Pretty early in his LP career.
    And he struggled against it.
    But the heavy metal beast took over.
    Thankfully his wife helped maintain his sanity and humanity.
    Or she tried. Then the alcohol took over.
    And he finally snapped today.
    And that's why everyone should watch his LPs! >.> He's been uploading again recently after a hiatus. Totally missed this dude.

edited July 2012
    Something amazing has happened.

I did a quick run through of the thread contents. I removed some BBCode that wasn't making a big difference in Vanilla, changed some color tagging here and there, and said "screw it" to giving the list some fancy definition. A ton of garbage text space was removed as a result. I'll probably make more format changes to accommodate Vanilla's presentation style. THIS IS BASED ON THE BAREBONES LOOK SO IF YOU'RE USING THE PLUGIN TO MAKE THE FORUM LOOK LIKE THE PREVIOUS ITERATION, DON'T REQUEST CHANGES TO THE THREAD FROM ME. BUT if you have suggestions about color themes that work on both presentation styles, make them.

The fabled tech support overhaul is going to change from what I imagined it to be. I'm going to contact just a precious few people to write up how they do things, and just copy-paste their own words. Consider it direct advice without my editorializing. I'd rather allow people to address tech questions in real time on the forum anyway, either in this thread or Help / Advice.

Also because Vanilla's PM system is a mess (to be nice about it) the requirement / request to PM me relevant updates is now gone. In fact, don't do it even if you think it's still better. We're going back to oldschool update rules: post here with the relevant info and hope I notice it. LPs aren't that important anyway.

On that note, I had something of a backlog, albeit small, of things to add... assume I'm not going to try to fish it out from my PM inbox. Which, again, is messy as shit in Vanilla.

A rundown of URL validation will start tomorrow (today?) by yours truly. I'm not sure what's broken or not.

Imageshack was removed from the recommended list because fuck them so goddamn hard, I hate them.

Remember to be excellent to other forumers, to not be insulting with your advice. Don't say, "It's shit, give up." Explain things and how to make them better. If things get heated, take it elsewhere. And I'm reserving the right to be the arbiter, as always, of people taking the wrong tone. That won't change at all.

Also still don't ask about a subsection, nothing substantial has changed to make sense to ask anyway.

You can thank my newfound life changes for inspiring me to get on this now. Besides, typing a lot is relevant to my physical therapy.

Edit - As for my LP'ing; SF2 is almost done, but again, Imageshack sucks my nuts and I need to repair the LP as it is before posting the new content I recorded since the last update. Also considering starting up a Recettear LP to celebrate my new dedication to this thread and other LPs on this forum, provided I get a new suitable host for images.

Henroid on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Oddly Imageshack has been insisting my old images will expire on the 1st of (enter next month here) for like 5 months now. So... apparently the images in the FFVII thread still work. So if you want to read a really shitty LP where I make a lot of bad jokes and completely miss the point of Aeris' character there you go.

edited July 2012
    ... holy shit you're right. It was supposed to delete in March. Then it changed to April, but I assumed the worst. Now it's saying August 1st?

Still, I cannot and will not recommend imageshack at this point.

Edit - SirRon has pioneered a new way to make LPs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBnvPDJyZdA

Henroid on
    edited July 2012
    There wasn't much in the way of bad links thankfully. So that part is done.

There's some things I'm debating on doing regarding list structure. Namely, our prolific / most-recognized LP'ers may have all their stuff pulled into their own blocks, in case people just want their content. Furthermore, I'm still wondering if I should have a system for "bests" or "viewer's choices" or whatever. If I do, it'd be myself and a limited few able to weigh in on that, and the how-to's will be discussed amongst ourselves. The idea though is to pick out good examples for people to follow if they want to learn how to do things, aside from obviously great content.

Another decision I've made is I'm axing the un-enforceable rule about no new-game LP threads. I already ran this by @Helloween who was a gentleman and observed it, not that he ever had to (but I do appreciate the example setting). But y'know, sometimes people handle it well, and lately my thinking has changed regarding allowing people a way to get informed / excited for a game and buying it. At any rate, since he's such an eager guy, he may start making threads around here again for his content! :P Or anyone else really. Just remember to not fall into the trap of rushing to be the first guy or whatever. I mean come on.

Edit - Oh and I got wound up looking at my freakin' Etrian Odyssey 2 thread and made myself sad. A lot of people seemed excited for it, which I can't believe. I feel awful for having to stop it.

Henroid on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I was looking for a thread like this when I made my VG streamer thread. I wish I found it but didn't think to search for "Let's Play" instead of "streaming". Whoops, I guess they're technically different. :P If anyone wants to go over there and reply with your streamer URLs and what you play I can add you to the PA list of streamers.

I'm planning on doing a play of Super Mario Galaxy sometime this weekend, maybe even tonight. Is there preference etiquette for youtube over twitch.tv highlights?

• HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    It would be good to get some threads rolling around here again. I do miss the posting. Also, it was always a rule that was hard to enforce. You cant really stop someone from doing a game on release, you just have to hope that it isnt for the reason of 'oh me me me'.

See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
    I'm working on a Mass Effect 1 Let's Play right now. I want to knock out the Citadel, cause that's the most tedious, then I'll make a thread.

I have to admit, it's kinda fun to make it. I have it all planned out, but I'm not sure how much commentary I should add.

I'll have a little, but I don't think it will be too much. At least not at the beginning. There is enough story dialog to fill in the gaps I think.

steam_sig.png

I was looking for a thread like this when I made my VG streamer thread. I wish I found it but didn't think to search for "Let's Play" instead of "streaming". Whoops, I guess they're technically different. :P If anyone wants to go over there and reply with your streamer URLs and what you play I can add you to the PA list of streamers.

I'm planning on doing a play of Super Mario Galaxy sometime this weekend, maybe even tonight. Is there preference etiquette for youtube over twitch.tv highlights?

Eh, streaming isn't necessarily the exact same as Lets Plays. It can encompass way more. Regardless, streaming wasn't really all that strong in this thread. cj was the most prolific one among us and I dunno if he does it still.

Any medium you want to use is fine. Just remember that this thread isn't meant to host LPs in. If you're live-streaming it, you can announce here when you're going to start playing. But if you have content to post, it would be best to have your own thread.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Helloween wrote: »
    It would be good to get some threads rolling around here again. I do miss the posting. Also, it was always a rule that was hard to enforce. You cant really stop someone from doing a game on release, you just have to hope that it isnt for the reason of 'oh me me me'.
    Yeah! Start making LP threads again! It's hard to tell you how bad at games you are from youtube comments!

I'm kidding. But seriously. I miss the threads.

M A G I K A Z A M
    edited July 2012
    Ok, I'm struggling here.

I have a bunch of videos edited and ready to upload except for one thing. Commentary.

I recorded without any commentary and thought I could add it later, but I really don't know how much to have. How much should there be?

Should I make an effort to not go unspoken too long? It's a dialog heavy game and usually only a minute or two goes between the conversations. Most of the commentary I do want to say would be more convienent to just type when I post the video.

All I have in terms of commentary is my introduction and my thanks for watching the video. Is that enough? Should I try to add just a little here and there?

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Comment on stuff you think needs it without drowing out the dialogue is generally the best way to do it.