Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Jante [Chat]

14142444647102

Posts

  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    I would say that Midnight in Paris was WA having fun making the movie, not really indulging. It was a more mature Manhattan, to me.

    I thought it was a really fun and enjoyable movie

    hemingway talking like he writes was so fantastic

  • ronyaronya Arrrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    It occurs to me that for every future thread where we grouse about some imperfection of modern liberal democracy, TNC is going to oblige us to acknowledge just how far we've come

    which isn't a bad thing, I guess

    Steam
    Africa’s slow growth was unexpected... In the 1960s, most African countries were richer than their Asian counterparts, and their stronger natural resource base led many to believe that Africa’s economic potential was superior to overpopulated Asia’s. This view was shared by renowned economists, from Gunnar Myrdal in his well-known Asian Drama, to Andrew Kamarck, the founding director of the World Bank’s economic analysis complex, who listed seven African countries that he thought could grow at annual rates of 7 percent or more...
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle sometimes a boy just needs to get out of the house and meet some girls Registered User regular
    I better go to bed, but I also enjoyed Midnight in Paris a lot.

    Had one of those relationships.

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My sister is 22 today.

  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    The new Sun on Sunday is out!

    Hoorah?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17169511

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    Right. Went dancing. Now my feet hurt.

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Kalkino wrote: »
    The new Sun on Sunday is out!

    Hoorah?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17169511

    Before I click this link, I predict at least one front page story to be about a celebrity or a scandal.

    Edit: Yep.

    RMS Oceanic on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    Jacob, if you're around, my ME3 demo download is at 97%. Do you wish to effect masses?

  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I just loaded an old episode of PATV (e 13, s3) and the advertisement was for Paddy Power - heavily pushing their mobile app/online betting, for the Cheltenham Races, using a new campaign around spotting pretty ladies and transvestites at the races, the trying to tell the difference. It clearly is an attempt at humour but it kind of left me cold.

    Edit - here is a story on the PP ad campaign, from the Guardian. Apparently it has been pulled by several broadcasters

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/feb/23/paddy-power-ad-channel-4-bskyb?newsfeed=true

    http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2012/02/paddy-power-trans-rights

    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    OK - If I wanted to move back to England, what the hell job could a 41-year-old English teacher, teacher-trainer, ex-manager, and part-time translator get? I suppose I could pass some Japanese tests and do something Japanese-related, but I doubt those jobs are common.

    I'm fucked, aren't I? There are no decent jobs for people like me, especially nowadays.

    I figure I could take a bear.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    OK - If I wanted to move back to England, what the hell job could a 41-year-old English teacher, teacher-trainer, ex-manager, and part-time translator get? I suppose I could pass some Japanese tests and do something Japanese-related, but I doubt those jobs are common.

    I'm fucked, aren't I? There are no decent jobs for people like me, especially nowadays.

    Coach for the National Football team.

  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    OK - If I wanted to move back to England, what the hell job could a 41-year-old English teacher, teacher-trainer, ex-manager, and part-time translator get? I suppose I could pass some Japanese tests and do something Japanese-related, but I doubt those jobs are common.

    I'm fucked, aren't I? There are no decent jobs for people like me, especially nowadays.

    It may be hard in a recession, but then that is probably true for most of us.

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    OK - If I wanted to move back to England, what the hell job could a 41-year-old English teacher, teacher-trainer, ex-manager, and part-time translator get? I suppose I could pass some Japanese tests and do something Japanese-related, but I doubt those jobs are common.

    I'm fucked, aren't I? There are no decent jobs for people like me, especially nowadays.

    Can you teach Japanese?

  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    OK - If I wanted to move back to England, what the hell job could a 41-year-old English teacher, teacher-trainer, ex-manager, and part-time translator get? I suppose I could pass some Japanese tests and do something Japanese-related, but I doubt those jobs are common.

    I'm fucked, aren't I? There are no decent jobs for people like me, especially nowadays.

    Can you teach Japanese?

    I imagine so, although I'm not sure the demand is there in the UK.

    I figure I could take a bear.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    OK - If I wanted to move back to England, what the hell job could a 41-year-old English teacher, teacher-trainer, ex-manager, and part-time translator get? I suppose I could pass some Japanese tests and do something Japanese-related, but I doubt those jobs are common.

    I'm fucked, aren't I? There are no decent jobs for people like me, especially nowadays.

    Can you teach Japanese?

    I imagine so, although I'm not sure the demand is there in the UK.

    You'd be surprised - foreign language teachers are in short supply in a lot of areas. I know they are down here, at least.

    14LXWPx.jpg?1
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Can you try and test the waters by trying to freelance in London from Japan? Or would that be impractical

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Can you try and test the waters by trying to freelance in London from Japan? Or would that be impractical

    I was just thinking the same thing.

    I figure I could take a bear.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    OK - If I wanted to move back to England, what the hell job could a 41-year-old English teacher, teacher-trainer, ex-manager, and part-time translator get? I suppose I could pass some Japanese tests and do something Japanese-related, but I doubt those jobs are common.

    I'm fucked, aren't I? There are no decent jobs for people like me, especially nowadays.

    Can you teach Japanese?

    I imagine so, although I'm not sure the demand is there in the UK.

    Can't hurt to look. Likely more need for that then translators. Might be limited to the more expensive schools but I can imagine that the teacher, teacher-trainer, and manager titles would likely look very nice on a CV for a teaching position.

    Thomamelas on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Or maybe do some investigations as to how much demand there is for Japanese teachers at UK schools, then what you would need to do in order to be able to get such a job

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote:
    I just loaded an old episode of PATV (e 13, s3) and the advertisement was for Paddy Power - heavily pushing their mobile app/online betting, for the Cheltenham Races, using a new campaign around spotting pretty ladies and transvestites at the races, the trying to tell the difference. It clearly is an attempt at humour but it kind of left me cold.

    Edit - here is a story on the PP ad campaign, from the Guardian. Apparently it has been pulled by several broadcasters

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/feb/23/paddy-power-ad-channel-4-bskyb?newsfeed=true

    http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2012/02/paddy-power-trans-rights

    Shoot Khoo a message, they always say they don't want shitty advertisement.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    A friends boyfriend makes musics that is apparently a hit in French clubs.



    It has sufficient wub wub wub

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I may go for a trip to Cockfosters today, just for a photo opp with Cutethulhu

    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    i can't sleep

    fhBqOWH.jpg?1
    Oathkeeper Updates Monday/Wednesday/Friday
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    i can't sleep

    Nightmares or insomina?

  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote:
    I just loaded an old episode of PATV (e 13, s3) and the advertisement was for Paddy Power - heavily pushing their mobile app/online betting, for the Cheltenham Races, using a new campaign around spotting pretty ladies and transvestites at the races, the trying to tell the difference. It clearly is an attempt at humour but it kind of left me cold.

    Edit - here is a story on the PP ad campaign, from the Guardian. Apparently it has been pulled by several broadcasters

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/feb/23/paddy-power-ad-channel-4-bskyb?newsfeed=true

    http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2012/02/paddy-power-trans-rights

    Shoot Khoo a message, they always say they don't want shitty advertisement.

    Good idea. I've also posted something in the PA Hub forum, on one of the episode threads

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    ME3 multi is sooooooo gooooooooood.

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Bro!Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    ME3 multi is sooooooo gooooooooood.

    I played a bit earlier. It was rather fun.

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    Aw fuck me! I have to fill out my taxes for the previous year and I've had like 4 different employers and none of their numbers have been filled out for me in advance. :F

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    i can't sleep

    Nightmares or insomina?

    insomnia

    fhBqOWH.jpg?1
    Oathkeeper Updates Monday/Wednesday/Friday
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Aw fuck me! I have to fill out my taxes for the previous year and I've had like 4 different employers and none of their numbers have been filled out for me in advance. :F

    I think a warning came out two or three weeks ago that the pre-filled data was delayed this year, though the deadline I heard was 1st of March. I've never seen employer data not been pre-filled in previous years...

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote:
    Aldo wrote: »
    Aw fuck me! I have to fill out my taxes for the previous year and I've had like 4 different employers and none of their numbers have been filled out for me in advance. :F

    I think a warning came out two or three weeks ago that the pre-filled data was delayed this year, though the deadline I heard was 1st of March. I've never seen employer data not been pre-filled in previous years...
    Ah thanks, i'll wait till March, then.

    My pa already filled out his, so I figured I would do mine as well. But he has had the same employer all year so it's a walk in the park for him. I floated from temp job to temp job and did some freelance work as an "intern" while working full-time as well. It's all a horrible mess I don't want to sort out myself.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Managed to complete one with only two people. Both engineers. Was frantic as hell but our strategy of explosions and fire everywhere worked brilliantly.

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    How is rad not on the internet?

    We essentially live here.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    Planning out a new game is both fun and disheartening in equal measure

    booray

    14LXWPx.jpg?1
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So a bunch of other guys wanted to keep drinking a 30 pack and then go out for more drinking. After a couple beers I said I was done and left. Both kind of sad but also pretty happy about that.

    Quid on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    So a bunch of other guys wanted to keep drinking a 30 pack and then go out for more drinking and I said no. Both kind of sad but also pretty happy about that.

    Is there a word for this kind of sad-happiness

    probably one in German

    14LXWPx.jpg?1
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    my current favorite happiness word is bittersweet

    Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Cave Story is great but hoo boy is it frustrating.

    jBEKRTH.png
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    first real good night of sleep I've had in about a month. still feel tired but soon that should go away and I'll feel greeaaaaat

    work time

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    Cave Story is great but hoo boy is it frustrating.

    I learned pretty damned quickly that taking pot-shots from a distance works wonders. Or to go back a few screens to shoot weaker monsters for upgrades and then go back to where I was stuck.

    Also, you owe it to yourself to finish that game, it is the cutest awesomest little game. I played the original/vanilla version on my laptop and I loved every minute of it.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
This discussion has been closed.