Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect] Lay off the DLC arguments. USE SPOILER TAGS

• OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Indeed it is, one of the finest pieces of DLC I've played.

Seriously...it's been what...almost 2 years since that was released and I still haven't seen a piece of DLC that has come close to it.

Yeah, it's pretty solid. I just finished Overlord for the first time, and damn, when it wasn't startling me or creeping me out, it kinda depressed me, near towards the end.
    Spoiler:

He works for Cerberus...he's not a rational human being.

That being said Overlord has one of my favorite lines in the ME universe.

"The Illusive Man doesn't broker failure!"

Since the fuck when!?

All the failures die.

That's why all Cerberus employees are new recruits.

evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    Indeed it is, one of the finest pieces of DLC I've played.

Seriously...it's been what...almost 2 years since that was released and I still haven't seen a piece of DLC that has come close to it.

Yeah, it's pretty solid. I just finished Overlord for the first time, and damn, when it wasn't startling me or creeping me out, it kinda depressed me, near towards the end.
    Spoiler:

Yeah I did as well. Despite being an evil prick.I couldn't be renegade there..

XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    SkyEye wrote: »
    Arrival was not a great DLC. It ended well, but felt extremely padded out, infinitely more so than Shadow Broker.
    Spoiler:

What you're saying is I should never watch a Bond movie with you? ;-)

Whenever I watch Bond movies I always wonder how many STDs he has to have by now.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I can only assume the prevalence of the Mattock in ME3 marketing materials means it used to be rare and is now in mass production, ergo it sucking so, so much. I also tried the Locust out and was unimpressed, so it looks like they just knocked the DLC guns down to normal or subpar range to make room for the other awesome weapons (Widow untouched as lord of annihilation).

Also the Locust weighs like twice as much as the Avenger, which seems preeetttyyy weird. I can have +190 or +200% cooldowns carrying just the Avenger, so I don't know why I'd bother with much else on power classes unless I preferred the pistols (I don't).

Edit: I love the Avenger aesthetically, so I'm pleased as punch that it's no longer immediately obsolete like it was in ME2, but I mourn the fallen DLC godkings.
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait, didn't someone say the Asari G-spot is the
    Spoiler:

The scene they're referring to is at the end of the DLC, provided you romanced Liara in ME1 and resumed it through impeccable paragon interrupts in Shadow Broker.

SoundsPlush on
    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    So is it just me, or is the Mattock hands down the best weapon in ME2? I usually take the Rev later on, but looking at the weapon raws, it's hard to see how it's better. It does 42% of the damage, fires 7% slower, and has lower accuracy.

Edit: I guess the mag is 5x the size, and you can hold 7.5x the ammo.

Mattock is pretty unanimously accepted as the best weapon

Doesn't mean it's the most fun to use

I have to disagree. I'd say the Revenant probably wins out. Sure, it doesn't do as much base damage as the Mattock, but if you compare the ammo and DPS of the Revenant to the Mattock's ammo and DPS, I'd say the Revenant wins out. The only thing it lacks is accuracy, but I've never had accuracy problems at mid-range combat, and with Ammo powers you TEAR through enemies.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I don my top hat, and adjust my monocle, Like a god damn sir.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I The scene they're referring to is at the end of the DLC, provided you romanced Liara in ME1 and resumed it through impeccable paragon interrupts in Shadow Broker.

You have to be a space boyscout the whole game to resume it or can I keep on being a Renegade the rest of the time?

Also, after playing ME1, I don't really get a space hitler vibe from Ashley. She strikes more as:

TOGSolid on
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    You have to be a space boyscout the whole game to resume it or can I keep on being a Renegade the rest of the time?

You only have to hit the three, maybe four paragon interrupts during conversations with Liara in Shadow Broker.

X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I don my top hat, and adjust my monocle, Like a god damn sir.Registered User regular

You only have to hit the three, maybe four paragon interrupts during conversations with Liara in Shadow Broker.
    Ok, I'd hate to have to..yanno..be nice to people for the whole game just to hit those interrupts.

• SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can only assume the prevalence of the Mattock in ME3 marketing materials means it used to be rare and is now in mass production, ergo it sucking so, so much. I also tried the Locust out and was unimpressed, so it looks like they just knocked the DLC guns down to normal or subpar range to make room for the other awesome weapons (Widow untouched as lord of annihilation).

Also the Locust weighs like twice as much as the Avenger, which seems preeetttyyy weird. I can have +190 or +200% cooldowns carrying just the Avenger, so I don't know why I'd bother with much else on power classes unless I preferred the pistols (I don't).

Edit: I love the Avenger aesthetically, so I'm pleased as punch that it's no longer immediately obsolete like it was in ME2, but I mourn the fallen DLC godkings.
    Wait, didn't someone say the Asari G-spot is the
    Spoiler:

The scene they're referring to is at the end of the DLC, provided you romanced Liara in ME1 and resumed it through impeccable paragon interrupts in Shadow Broker.

I think I just finished it. Could you clarify? I did the
    Spoiler:

Also: Hanar Jugglers. WTB video.

3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
    Go talk to her again and invite her to the Normandy (which is a good scene regardless of romance).

X0H2Ah6.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Go talk to her again and invite her to the Normandy (which is a good scene regardless of romance).

Oh, excellent, thanks.

Also, Grunt googled "Dinosaurs" and that's hilarious. edit: And reads hemmingway! This is fantastic. Truly this is the best DLC thing I have ever seen.

SniperGuy on
    Steam Profile
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Harrisonburg, VARegistered User regular

Ok, I'd hate to have to..yanno..be nice to people for the whole game just to hit those interrupts.
    Interrupts, not checks. And they're really quick, so have your fingers on the mouse buttons.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Wait, so if you hit those, then invite her back to the Normandy and play it, out, you can resume the romance in ME3?

I heard you can resume her romance if you did it back in ME1, but I assumed you had to be loyal throughout all of ME2. I always thought Shadow Broker was more of a one night stand.

bar-cc-1.jpg
    edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure you can resume it regardless in ME3 so that people who didn't get the DLC aren't screwed. Doing it in Shadow Broker just means you've already resumed it. And possibly then cheated immediately afterwards, but there you go.
    Also, Grunt googled "Dinosaurs" and that's hilarious. edit: And reads hemmingway! This is fantastic. Truly this is the best DLC thing I have ever seen.

There's another really good joke in Grunt's dossier.
    Spoiler:

SoundsPlush on
    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Wait, so if you hit those, then invite her back to the Normandy and play it, out, you can resume the romance in ME3?

I heard you can resume her romance if you did it back in ME1, but I assumed you had to be loyal throughout all of ME2. I always thought Shadow Broker was more of a one night stand.

You can probably pick it up no matter what, even if you didn't touch it in ME1 or 2 and if you cheated.

I really doubt they'll lock them at all based on ME2.

• LemmingLemming Registered User
    So a few things I've learned about Gold:

Salarian Winfiltrator is still fantastic

The easiest mission to get for the 10th wave is the kill these guys missions, as long as you've saved enough rockets you can stem the horrible tide of eight billion atlases and twelve billion phantoms pretty quick

The best tactic that I've found is to just be constantly retreating. This way, you generally don't have to worry about the turrets and Atlases ruining your shit. You can kill most of the little dudes and phantoms, and once they've been taken care of, you can push back and fight the Atlases.

Lemming wrote: »
    Run away and shit Proximity Mines everywhere.

Just about sums it up. :D

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    SkyEye wrote: »
    Arrival was not a great DLC. It ended well, but felt extremely padded out, infinitely more so than Shadow Broker.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: got to wave 10 on gold tonight, but goddamn if there weren't 15 atlases to kill us all on the escape wave

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy | blog
    Oh, question. If I do the suicide mission at like, level 28, then when done, keep doing stuff till level 30, when I import to ME3, will I be 30? Or does it save the import immediately after the suicide mission?

Steam Profile
  • SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular

For the record, I do enjoy Bond movies as long as they feature an action component awesome enough warrant suspension of disbelief. Arrival never gets close to that point.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    SkyEye wrote:

For the record, I do enjoy Bond movies as long as they feature an action component awesome enough warrant suspension of disbelief. Arrival never gets close to that point.

I dunno

killing all those batarians and the awesome explosion at the end were cool enough for me to ignore the plot holes, and it has cool gameplay areas

• SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Because I like talking about how SS2 is better than BioShock...
    Gameplay has nothing to do with why everyone liked Bioshock, since it's pretty dull and never 'feels' right. It's all about the story and the atmosphere, which were both excellent despite some pretty big conceptual problems.

As I recall, executive meddling foced Irrational to add a possible happy ending. That makes me think that the real ending of BioShock is
    Spoiler:
    But, as DAII and Mafia II show us, gamers hate unhappy endings.
    Honestly, if they'd kept the Sad ending as a constant through both the Happy and Bad ends, I think that would have been more true to the spirit than anything else.
    Spoiler:

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So I decided to try playing the ME3 single player demo again. I wanted to see what happened if I picked "A lot of people died"... apparently jack shit. What a waste. Wrex, Garrus, and even fucking Mordin and Kirrahe are still there! I guess they were lazy and didn't want to include additional dialog/models/textures to keep the size down, but come on... why even give the option!? On top of that, my Infiltrator didn't even get a fucking Sniper Rifle (this after I filled up Cloak... *sigh*)

Nintendo Network ID: Warlock
    3DS Friend Code: 4983-4927-6699
    Steam ID: warlock82

WarlockSoL.jpg
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:
    So I decided to try playing the ME3 single player demo again. I wanted to see what happened if I picked "A lot of people died"... apparently jack shit. What a waste. Wrex, Garrus, and even fucking Mordin and Kirrahe are still there! I guess they were lazy and didn't want to include additional dialog/models/textures to keep the size down, but come on... why even give the option!? On top of that, my Infiltrator didn't even get a fucking Sniper Rifle (this after I filled up Cloak... *sigh*)

Well of course it wasn't going to make a big difference in a demo, just there to give a taste of the options in the full game just like why all the origin choices are in the demo too

seems a bit silly to get really mad at bioware for being lazy

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:

Well of course it wasn't going to make a big difference in a demo, just there to give a taste of the options in the full game just like why all the origin choices are in the demo too

What's the point though? If the decisions mean absolutely nothing, why even give you the option?

Nintendo Network ID: Warlock
    3DS Friend Code: 4983-4927-6699
    Steam ID: warlock82

WarlockSoL.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal I'm not doing it the same, man I'm doing it betterRegistered User regular
    Because modifying the character creation screen just to placate the people who are mad that a demo doesn't show the breadth of story options available in the full game isn't worth it.

6bEyAX.jpg
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote:

What's the point though? If the decisions mean absolutely nothing, why even give you the option?

it's kinda tough to divorce one segment from an entire operational system, especially for a demo

edited February 2012
    Warlock82 wrote: »

This is a parody right?

Guys?

Right?

EDIT: Gaaaaaaaaaaah, I knew ME2's writing was good but I forgot JUST HOW FUCKING GOOD IT IS. Garrus is the best space Batman ever.

TOGSolid on
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    EDIT: Gaaaaaaaaaaah, I knew ME2's writing was good but I forgot JUST HOW FUCKING GOOD IT IS. Garrus is the best space Batman ever.

You forget one important thing: Batman doesn't kill.

Or did you?

XBL: Invisible Man PSN: Indrik
  • RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Yeah, Garrus is not Space Batman.

He's the Space Punisher.

blondeshep.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Garrus is the best character in the ME franchise hands down

• finnithfinnith Registered User regular
    I like how on some other forums the inevitable ME3 backlash has spawned it's own backlash.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I was going to replay ME2 for my save, but fuck it, too many other games.
    So I got myself the perfect ME1+ME2 save from the net and am now prepared :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Egos wrote: »

Or did you?

Oh yeah, I forgot that Batman is a giant bitch.
    Razia wrote: »

He's the Space Punisher.
    Yeah, there we go.

EDIT: God damn, Engineer has been the best class ever since ME1 hasn't it? Even at low levels in ME2 this class just absolutely slaughters everything (and no, I'm not playing on easy mode).

TOGSolid on
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Stole this from SE++. First ME3 review. Not the entire review but bullet points and a score.
    tayvaan wrote: »
    So apparently the German magazine gamestar has come out with their ME3 review, here is a summary I got from BSN (no spoilers)
    Spoiler:

well that sounds okay I guess

I am so behind on this thread, but this review, it's like everything I've ever wanted from ME3.

Hnnnng... why is it not March sixth yet?

Just nine more days, just nine more days, just nine more days....

Ad astra on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

He's the Space Punisher.

No he's not. He's a Sinestro Corps version of Shepard himself.

scarab you have mental problems
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Just beat the first ME with my sentinel forgot i could change classes at the beginning of 2 so it was a huge pain. I love ME2 sentinels though for basically being space paladins
    The last time I played it was right before 2 came out so I got to relive a lot of fond memories and frustrations, what terrible auto saves and boss fights!

steam_sig.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

Or did you?

Oh yeah, I forgot that Batman is a giant bitch.

He's the Space Punisher.
    Yeah, there we go.

EDIT: God damn, Engineer has been the best class ever since ME1 hasn't it? Even at low levels in ME2 this class just absolutely slaughters everything (and no, I'm not playing on easy mode).

engis suck compared to adepts.
    Can't find the relevant vid on tube atm but singularity + 3 warps = nothing left standing.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    edited February 2012
    Adepts ain't shit without an Engineer around to take those shields down. :D Meanwhile the Engineer is fully self-sufficient. Shields? Overload. Anything else? Incinerate + Combat Drone spam.

TOGSolid on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Adepts ain't shit without an Engineer around to take those shields down. :D Meanwhile the Engineer is fully self-sufficient. Shields? Overload. Anything else? Incinerate + Combat Drone spam.

You should try it before making such flagrant comments -.-
    Fact is, an adept with miranda/thane can kerbstomp through the game on insanity without breaking a sweat.
    shields and barriers are irrelevant as biotics are still usable on them and do damage.
    And as stated before, a singularity with 3 heavy warp detonations going off simultaneously = alot of dead people.

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!