As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

choosy forumers choose ANIMATED GIF (NSF3G)

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    crwth wrote: »
    tumblr_lzxwcu8Jmw1r4ej6wo1_500.gif

oh my god[/quote]

tumblr_lc5k65fCKX1qbvgmvo1_500.jpg

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    funny-gifs-indian-minivan.gif
    funny-gifs-this-could-have-ended-much-worse.gif
    funny-gifs-snake-climbing.gif

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    funny-gifs-dog-catches-socks-in-his-mouth.gif

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

This cat.

Gives no fucks.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Well great.

I'm going to be seeing this in my nightmares.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    tumblr_lqucq3MQ3I1qgusnxo1_250.gif

Jf4Gf.gif

heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
    Beasteh wrote: »
    vAPdn.gif
    This right here gave me a boner and killed it before it could breath.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    remiq.net_16049.jpg

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    funny-gifs-kitten-ears.gif

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    Wimble wrote: »
    I still don't know what you are saying, man

is this still in the context of feeling condescended to by the show or are you making a separate point?

If humor feels condescending to you it is because it is being made at your expense

So obviously you have to think a certain way or have certain experiences or be a certain kind of person for the humor to not work on you, and this is an easy exercise to determine whether people are being laughed with or laughed at - whether they can identify with Joey reaching over to protect his sandwich from a bullet because good meatball sandwiches are heaven, or whether they can identify with the woman exasperated with Sheldon because he's denoting the specific gravity of the layers of his drink instead of paying attention to what she has to say.

There exists identity with the other side too: Chandler's exasperation and feeling that he was slighted by Joey when confronted with possible danger, and Sheldon's innocent fascination with natural complexities that make normal communication seem mundane and trivial. However, there can be a bias towards one side or the other, and if you find yourself unable to identify with a character in a humorous situation for too many sketches, they basically become a stooge.

What do you do when you see a stooge in reality? What if that stooge was a nerd?

don't

don't fuckin wax intellectual about Big Bang Theory man.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    too late to close the door that you opened #pipe

far

far too late

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Well great.

I'm going to be seeing this in my nightmares.

I just realised

Throw in some dots and it's playing real-life Snake.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    damn, snakes are awesome

broken image link
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    Jf4Gf.gif

so is this not supposed to look just incredibly goofy

because

it really just does look goofy

that's the only word to describe it

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    why would she cover herself up while beckoning with a 'come hither' expression

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure she just got done doing something super goofy and clumsy in that scene

so it's supposed to look kind of silly

• Options
    ICEFIR3ICEFIR3 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Who cares, it's Jessica Alba telling you to get into bed :) You don't question it, you go.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

I'm just wondering why the fucking gator doesn't take a snap at the cat to tell it to cut that shit out.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ICEFIR3 wrote: »
    Who cares, it's Jessica Alba telling you to get into bed :) You don't question it, you go.

HEY

What are you doing with that avatar

I'm the banana around these parts, bub

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Gonna change my av to a banana

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    bananas foster?

more like banana's imposter!

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wait, so one of the reasons people hate BBT is because of the humour at the expense of the nerdiness of the characters, and that it is in effect making fun of them by proxy?

Dunno about anybody else, but I ain't give two shits at a joke made at my expense. I'd probably be laughing hardest of all, to be honest. Quit takin' yo'selves so seriously, mang...

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    dot dot dot

• Options
    Wait, so one of the reasons people hate BBT is because of the humour at the expense of the nerdiness of the characters, and that it is in effect making fun of them by proxy?

Dunno about anybody else, but I ain't give two shits at a joke made at my expense. I'd probably be laughing hardest of all, to be honest. Quit takin' yo'selves so seriously, mang...

I guess people take offense because they're bad jokes at their expense. Like shitty, predictable, one dimensional jokes about outdated stereotypes.

Not me though. I don't hate it because it's about nerds. I hate it because it's shit. The writing is godawful, the jokes are shit and it's really weakly performed.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    BBT just seems below any sort of consideration beyond liking or disliking it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I don't like how the laugh track is used in the show. I mean occasionally the jokes in the two or so episodes I've watched have given me a chuckle.

But usually the loudest laugh happens when the stupidest jokes come up.

Just feels like it isn't for me.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Those are called ellipses.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't like how the laugh track is used in the show. I mean occasionally the jokes in the two or so episodes I've watched have given me a chuckle.

i think it's a live audience

which is probably more depressing

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Ubik wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

i think it's a live audience

which is probably more depressing

:(

Well at least it isn't Tosh.0

• Options
    Ha ha ha, I love Tosh.0!

• Options
    I hate all these TV shows that other people like and I don't

Man everyone who watches them

What baboons

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm not a nerd

• Options
    I can't stand the dude mostly.

Maybe if it was like, anyone else, I could watch it.

• Options
    Tosh.0 is just Ray William Johnson with a budget.

• Options
    But Ray William Johnson has a budget. He makes bank off of Youtube views.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Meanwhile, my dog yawn videos make nothing

• Options
    tumblr_lva7l4PAWY1r5rqm0o6_r1_250.gif

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    that's not funny...

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    that's not funny...