As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] PAX East 2012 Forum badges

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Are there going to be quiz questions again this year?

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Are there going to be quiz questions again this year?

If you scroll back a few pages, you'll find the questions listed. :D

• adastraadastra Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to an epic number of badges around my neck.

• StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    I love my forum badges from the last 2 years and I can't wait to add this one to my collection!

bftgk95jb551.png

• JaysonguyJaysonguy Registered User regular
    I want my name on the badge again
    Thank you for adding me to said badge

• the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    These always look amazing, I still have my Forum badge from the last PAX East I made it to back in 2010. I would love to be included again on this one.
    Thanks so much for doing this!

• BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Awww I missed getting mine last year. This time I shall not fail!

It just came to mind, but will the names on the badges be in alphabetical order or placed randomly?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    LinkSmash wrote: »
    It just came to mind, but will the names on the badges be in alphabetical order or placed randomly?

alphabetical order, if the past is any indicator.

• rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    I've gone to PAXEast for the past two years & I'm really looking forward to this one; though this is the first year I've started to get involved in forum activities and I have to say the design looks awesome, I would like in on this

• A-TeamA-Team Registered User new member
    Please add me to the badge! Rascal sent me - glad it's alphabetical :)

• rubikscuberubikscube BostonRegistered User regular
    Also looking forward to the forum badge - thank you!

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    I think i posted on this thread in the beginning....does that mean I'll be on the badge?

Kiki_lou wrote: »
    I think i posted on this thread in the beginning....does that mean I'll be on the badge?

yes

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Please add me. Thanks you

• LethinatorLethinator Registered User regular
    Oh man... just saw this, it would be mega cool to pick one up. I will be Pokecrawling before East.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Looking forward to a new forum badge for my collection :D

HI3789R.png
    Im also fairly partial to the thunder/flash d/20 idea thanks kropotkin for all yr hard work. Tell me something though does your handle come from the woody allen movie`love & death'

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    rosaparx wrote: »
    Im also fairly partial to the thunder/flash d/20 idea thanks kropotkin for all yr hard work. Tell me something though does your handle come from the woody allen movie`love & death'

No. My name comes from a BBC TV comedy show called Punt and Dennis from the mid 1990's. A spoof spy thriller had a character called Martin whose nemesis was a Russian spy who went by the name of, yes you guessed it, Kropotkin!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• pligganeasepligganease Registered User regular
    getting my name out there, I plan on getting one of these

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    rosaparx wrote: »

No. My name comes from a BBC TV comedy show called Punt and Dennis from the mid 1990's. A spoof spy thriller had a character called Martin whose nemesis was a Russian spy who went by the name of, yes you guessed it, Kropotkin!

A popular name, I guess. I was wondering if it referred to the torturer, Dr. Ludmilla Kropotkin, from Bill Murray movie The Man Who Knew Too Little.

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    lol this is like a Rorshach test -- I had assumed you named yourself after the Russian anarchist Piotr Kropotkin :)

rascal on
    My name comes from a BBC TV comedy show called Punt and Dennis from the mid 1990's. A spoof spy thriller had a character called Martin whose nemesis was a Russian spy who went by the name of, yes you guessed it, Kropotkin!

Ah my apologies I meant no offence, that movie I metioned is set in russia so I'm sure you can understand the confusion, either way on that note have you ever seen the bbc show 'a bit of fry &laurie' featuring hugh laurie from house? I thought that was quite a cut up

rosaparx wrote:
    My name comes from a BBC TV comedy show called Punt and Dennis from the mid 1990's. A spoof spy thriller had a character called Martin whose nemesis was a Russian spy who went by the name of, yes you guessed it, Kropotkin!

Ah my apologies I meant no offence, that movie I metioned is set in russia so I'm sure you can understand the confusion, either way on that note have you ever seen the bbc show 'a bit of fry &laurie' featuring hugh laurie from house? I thought that was quite a cut up

Hugh Laurie is not 'from' House. He started work on that programme very late in his career! To us Brits he's Hugh Laurie from Saturday Night Live (UK)/Black Adder/Jeeves and Wooster and A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Hugh Laurie is not 'from' House. He started work on that programme very late in his career! To us Brits he's Hugh Laurie from Saturday Night Live (UK)/Black Adder/Jeeves and Wooster and A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

To me he'll always be the Prince Regent.
    blackadder_s3_prince_george.jpg
    "I was about to embrace this unholy arse to the royal bosom."

Aaaaaaand, back to topic.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    LinkSmash wrote: »

alphabetical order, if the past is any indicator.

Oh sweet! Thank you! Then if that's the case, I'd like to change my forum name to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ123456790LinkSmash

Thanks. haha jk jk jk

• MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    This year will be my first forum badge...excited!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • feeter277feeter277 Dirty JerzeyRegistered User new member
    This will be my first PAX... was supposed to go last year but sadly missed it... going two day this year and hope to get a badge

• LordGimmikLordGimmik Registered User regular
    I had some pretty early posts on this thread, then dropped off the face of the planet for a few months. I can't believe how fast events have filled up this year. I'm on the waiting list for the Pre-PAX dinner, and waiting to sign up for Pokecrawl. I wonder what the odds are that I will still get my name on the back of the badge. Here's hoping.

• madcappa123madcappa123 Registered User regular
    Looks amazing! I would like to be on this! Thanks!

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    This is my first PAX as well. Sadly procrastination has led to many community events already being filled up. Waiting on round 2 of signups for the Pokecrawl but I will be taking part in the PAX Assassins game. Still working on my PAX trading card too. I was considering using the community logo as one of the images...any objections if I do? (this seems like the right place to ask) i would love to add one of these forum badges into the mix, they look awesome.

• sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    I am very excited to be listed as an operative for Operation Sparrow.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I had not yet commented in this string? That's madness.
    Badges are great, and I look forward to grabbing one from the BYOC again this year.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23

There is no such operation....for it is called Operation Black Lotus.....ARE YOU A SPY????

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

There is no such operation....for it is called Operation Black Lotus.....ARE YOU A SPY????

It still says "sparrow" on your example image in the OP :)

• loreleilorelei Registered User new member
    I will forever think of Hugh Laurie as Bertie Wooster. The first season of House I'd always do a double take every time he opened his mouth and I'd secretly hope Stephen Fry would come busting in to save the day.

• VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    I'd very much hope to pick up a forum badge this year, seeing as how this is the first year I'm actually active on the forums. :p Just gotta make sure I memorize the answers to those questions.

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Aw, Im sad, I didnt get in in time to get on the badge. First badge ever sans zero. Ah Well, I'll still grab one up, once the questions are listed.

edited March 2012
    Aw, Im sad, I didnt get in in time to get on the badge. First badge ever sans zero. Ah Well, I'll still grab one up, once the questions are listed.
    ****WARNING WARNING, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!****

Oh I see that got your attention! This post is a notice to all that the final list of names that will appear on the back of the Forum Badge will be collated on Monday 5th March 2012. Any posts past that date on this thread by people who have not posted before will not have their names included on the back of the badge. Note however that this fact does not preclude you from getting one.

you still have two days.... also, the questions are already listed.

zerzhul on
    @kropotkin, can you please put the questions in the OP?
    *drum roll* IT'S THE PAX EAST 2012 FORUM BADGES QUESTIONS!!!

In celebration of PAX East 2012 being a mere 2 months away as of today, I have chosen to post the PAX East 2012 Forum Badge questions. These questions will only be asked if you pick up the badge from BYOC desk during PAX East 2012. Attendees of certain pre-PAX East events need not answer any questions.
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour
    * Trading Cards
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) What is the Name/Handle of the PAX Forum Moderator?

Moe Fwacky

5) What is the theme for the back of the PAX East 2012 forum badge?

World War II

6) What is the name of the military operation at the back of the PAX East 2012 forum badge?

Black Lotus

7) Buttons or trading cards at PAX East?

Trading Cards

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that gives out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

10) What creature is there a picture of on the right hand side of the PAX community shield?

A fish/salmon