Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Emily Partridge Appreciation Station

12930323435102

Posts

  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    call it... Alien McBeal

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • BosskingBossking Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Actually, a sci-fi series where there's no interplanetary war, just interplanetary legal proceedings would be kind of interesting.

    Call it...

    Questionable Content.

    Like what you're reading, tiger? Come see me sometime here:
    http://blasternation.com

    THIS PORTION OF MY SIGNATURE DEDICATED TO VARGAS PRIME, A SUPER COOL GUY
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think it's pretty impressive that QC has made near-future space station antics far more humdrum and everyday boring than 2001, which purposefully went out of its way to make space stations seem an ordinary workplace.

  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Actually, a sci-fi series where there's no interplanetary war, just interplanetary legal proceedings would be kind of interesting.

    Wasn't that a volume of She-Hulk?

    1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Menage a 3rd Rock from the Sun?

    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN She said, "What? Is this about my ass?" and I said, "No. Kind of." rockville, mdRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Actually, a sci-fi series where there's no interplanetary war, just interplanetary legal proceedings would be kind of interesting.
    cherryh's alliance/union novels are like that

    it's more interplanetary tension than interplanetary war

    JlpWrqS.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I wonder how he decides which faces to draw eye slits on.

    Also, I suppose I might be slow on this particular draw, but I just watched that Breaking Dawn rifftrax, and the shirtless werewolf guy fell in love with a baby with terrifying CG eyes. So that's a thing that happened.

    Hobnail on
  • statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    20120227-robotthatscreams.png

    statler on
    BHsig.jpg
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    hey Ronnie, have you ever read Ryushika Ryushika? i recall you mentioning that you liked Yotsuba&, and it's pretty similar;
    Spoiler:

    Thanks! Definitely checking it out. I love manga about funny kids

    "Daddy knows what he needs, and it's Fart Patrol." - Justin McElroy
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Somebody please explain how we're this deep in Space QC, yet nothing legitimately interesting has happened yet.

    when was the last time something legitimately interesting happened in QC ever

    When was the last time you paid money for this? Cause ya know, complaining about something should be reserved for things you actually invested something into besides the time it takes to follow a link every day.

    steam_sig.png

  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    are you serious?

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    here we go

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular



    azith28 wrote: »
    Somebody please explain how we're this deep in Space QC, yet nothing legitimately interesting has happened yet.

    when was the last time something legitimately interesting happened in QC ever

    When was the last time you paid money for this? Cause ya know, complaining about something should be reserved for things you actually invested something into besides the time it takes to follow a link every day.

    shouldn't you be following your own advice here



  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Actually, a sci-fi series where there's no interplanetary war, just interplanetary legal proceedings would be kind of interesting.

    Sorta reminds me of Babylon 5

    of course, that had some wars and rumors of wars


  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    Star Wars proves something can be sci-fantasy rather than a more technologically based sci-fi. Maybe it's time for sci-crime drama. Maybe some sci-breaking bad where they make a drug called 'white nebula'

    "Daddy knows what he needs, and it's Fart Patrol." - Justin McElroy
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    chasing the wormhole

    tripping the rift
    Spoiler:

    Atheraal on
    spideysig.gif
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I think every major television drama genre deserves a "The Wire" style treatment.

    Most of the war is not spent fighting the enemy, but the bureaucracy.

  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    a future society of robots that keep humans around because of their ability to make a machine drug

    cue a story about interactions between the mass robot society and the human remnants


  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Star Wars proves something can be sci-fantasy rather than a more technologically based sci-fi. Maybe it's time for sci-crime drama. Maybe some sci-breaking bad where they make a drug called 'white nebula'

    I always felt Dune was like that, technology so advanced it was like magic. While reading it I would have to remind myself it was a Sci-Fi series not a fantasy series.

  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Crap edit by remote desktopping to my home pc
    Spoiler:

    Ah crap, there's a thread for these specifically aren't there... hurummrurm

    Apyss-sig.png
    FYI: Image above links to my webcomic, and is (mostly) SFW. Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    fantasy frustrates the hell out of me these days


  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Star Wars proves something can be sci-fantasy rather than a more technologically based sci-fi. Maybe it's time for sci-crime drama. Maybe some sci-breaking bad where they make a drug called 'white nebula'

    I always felt Dune was like that, technology so advanced it was like magic. While reading it I would have to remind myself it was a Sci-Fi series not a fantasy series.

    Really? The first Dune book was almost entirely about the ecology of the planet, and how it functioned as an ecosystem.

  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    fantasy frustrates the hell out of me these days

    Terry Pratchett is pretty much the only tolerable fantasy I'm even aware of. Well George Martin's alright I spose.

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jit5P.png

    this was a result in a search for "dune webcomic"

    you're welcome

  • DepressperadoDepressperado Registered User regular
    fantasy is fun!

  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    AmhikLoCIAAn9bZ.jpg
    Watercolored Utena by Mike Maihack <3

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    fantasy frustrates the hell out of me these days

    yeah it was my favorite genre as a teen

    and then I realized that the genre requirement of cranking out an 800+ page / three volume epic saga every few years made for some pretty predictable and horribly written story telling

  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Rolo you motherfuck.

  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    What's an Utena

    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    fantasy is fun!

    I like it well enough

    but I'm picky as hell, these days

    too many stale fantasy settings on the bookshelves

    Dubh on

  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    A revolutionary girl.

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    wow, the main character looks exactly like his mom to the point where he looks female.

  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Advocate wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Star Wars proves something can be sci-fantasy rather than a more technologically based sci-fi. Maybe it's time for sci-crime drama. Maybe some sci-breaking bad where they make a drug called 'white nebula'

    I always felt Dune was like that, technology so advanced it was like magic. While reading it I would have to remind myself it was a Sci-Fi series not a fantasy series.

    Really? The first Dune book was almost entirely about the ecology of the planet, and how it functioned as an ecosystem.

    I felt more that way about the later books in the series, seeing into the future, bringing people back to life, God Emperors, lots of crazy stuff. Maybe I just haven't read enough sci-fi?

  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    She doesn't seem that revolutionary

    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fantasy is good when people realise that it is a genre of which the lifeblood is imagination, and that using everything Tolkein did but with new names is not imaginative (plus he nicked it all from Norse mythology anyway). Maybe use some other ancient mythology as inspiration? Perhaps a fantasy setting based on the ancient Persian mythologies, instead of another faux-polytheistic setting.

    Also Fantasy is good when it realises that not everything has to be a rambling million book long epic about the end of the world. Looking at you, Wheel of Time, you pile of shit.

  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    Amen, Solar

    make sure you add Terry Goodkind to your hatelist

    motherfuck's just as bad


This discussion has been closed.