As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] Just give the World Series to the Spurs as well

JasconiusJasconius sword criminalmad onlineRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
Baseball is approaching. The first game that anyone will watch is April 4th!

Will Joe Mauer hit a home run?
Will Aroldis Chapman's arm detach and fly into the diamond seats?
Will the anyone attend a Marlins game?

These answers and more over the next seven months.

Jasconius on

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Does anyone know if The Show 12 is supposed to be a major upgrade from 11? I can 11 really cheap.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Show 12 adds:

"significantly improved baseball physics" which include simulated spin, so I guess more variety in batted ball behavior
    "improved player collision and avoidance AI"
    RTTS includes a few more training types and new players start as AA starters instead of bench players
    Improved random player generation for franchise mode
    Stat cards which feature "more advanced baseball stats", so I assume light saber stuff
    More announcer dialog and graphics, etc

It's a decent upgrade. But the core game is obviously pretty much the same

I've set my draft card with 15 potential pitchers to draft to fill out my pitching slots

lets see if I even get three of them

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2012
    Hmmm...I can get 11 for 550 Goozex points (of which I have 1000 sitting there) or I can spend $60 on 12.

I think I'll just get 11...maybe

Raijin Quickfoot on
    if you can wait a week I could just send you my copy of 11

I ain't gonna be usin it

I can wait a week. That would quite peachy of you.

edited February 2012
    PM me yo address and I'll slip it in the mail at some point between Friday and Monday

(which system do you have?)

Jasconius on
    Jasconius wrote: »
    PM me yo address and I'll slip it in the mail at some point between Friday and Monday

It's PS3 only. I have a slim 250gig PS3.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    What's Vegas' over-under on the amount of games Grady Sizemore misses?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2012
    oh yeah I forgot its PS3 only, well that's perfect then

idk about Sizemore but Vegas has the Indiands sub .500 and the eggheads are saying that's way too low and they should threaten the Tigers if everyone but Sizemore stays healthy

Jasconius on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    What's Vegas' over-under on the amount of games Grady Sizemore misses?

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I hope they figure out a way to fix the stupid trade logic. It's essentially a perfect baseball game that gets ruined by having superstar players being moved willy nilly.

My first year of RttS, Lincecum was traded to the Cubs, Jeter to the Mariners, Kershaw to the Red Sox, and probably a ton more then I can remember all before the all star break.

In my RTTS the Colorado Rockies picked up

Derek Jeter
    Matt Garza
    Wade Davis
    Jeff Niemann
    Manny Ramirez

and went straight to the World Series

what is this I don't even

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

No, it's also being sold for the PSVita.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And they have a cool cross-platform thing if you're willing to spend the $520+ for both games and a Vita system.

well we were talking about 11

and as much as I think the Vita version will be neat... The Show is so glorious that having it on anything but a TV console would be a sin

We were strictly talking about 2011 though.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I had The Show 09 for PSP and it was the best thing to bring on trips.

The fact that the Vita saves work on the PS3 and visa versa alone is awesome

We were strictly talking about 2011 though.

Well that's also wrong, because I have 11: The Show on the PSP

I'll probably snag one after their first price cut.

Goose! wrote: »

This is the same thing I'm doing, although I'm also doing it for the 3DS when the 3DS reaches a reasonable price

Goose! wrote: »

This is the same thing I'm doing, although I'm also doing it for the 3DS when the 3DS reaches a reasonable price

Yeah, I'm not getting a 3DS until they announce a pokemon game for it, and they just announced new pokemon for the regular DS so that's probably 2-3 years away.

edited February 2012
    I did a home run derby last night in MLB 11 and it brought to my attention that selecting your stride might be pretty significant...

The tutorial says "pull back on the stick when the pitcher releases the ball, and push forward roughly when your front foot hits the ground"

But various players have much different strides.

Jose Bautista takes 9 years for his foot to get back to the ground. Does that mean you have to stride earlier, or does the game just do the math for you? If you follow the games advice, you have to start striding with Bautista almost before the pitchers arm comes forward. I was able to hit homers doing both (super early stride, and "normal" stride)

Jasconius on
    I defaulted back to button pressing after about one game of that stick timing shit.

I've been doing pure analog for ages and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I got tired of timing after dozens of games of 20+ hits

I made a new guy with BJ Upton's batting stance and I have a 15 game hitting streak right now.

Why does it say Fortytwo drafted Dempster and Adam Jones?

Adam Jones was already drafted..unless their are two of them.

I don't know who edited that.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Gonna assume he made mistake.

Did he put them in himself? I haven't updated it

I just tweeted him about it.

I was confused because there was no forum post.

He did open the sheet recently, according to the chat, and has edit ability since he's named and not anon.

edited February 2012
    Okay, cleared it up with him, he did put those in, and didn't realize Jones was taken, so he's taking Corey Hart

1P7sY.jpg

Go @Maximum

Goose! on
    DON'T SWITCH THE BLADE ON A GUY IN SHADES OH NO

Easy. Had this queued up for awhile now.

Jordan Zimmermann

jordan-zimmermann.jpg

@Schide

Corey Hart was on my list. I've only got 2 other players on there. I need to do some research before my next pick

I've got a bunch of late round guys on my list

I keep looking at guys and Yahoo! keeps saying "average round 19-22"

This discussion has been closed.