As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Trek is Our Business

• RenaissanceDanRenaissanceDan ‎(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) Wentzville, MORegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Richy wrote: »
    *smiling*
    "Helm, set a course for Betazed."
    *gets close and whispers*
    "Warp 9."

"I will ruin subspace to get rid of this person. Does mentioning Q draw his attention? Hey, Q. Teleport us to Betazed. Then you can turn us all into gerbils or robots or flash the ship into an 18th century oil painting, whatever."

Incidentally, I want to open a Star Trek themed sandwich shop called "Subspace."

RenaissanceDan on
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    *smiling*
    "Warp 9."

"I will ruin subspace to get rid of this person. Does mentioning Q draw his attention? Hey, Q. Teleport us to Betazed. Then you can turn us all into gerbils or robots or flash the ship into an 18th century oil painting, whatever."

Incidentally, I want to open a Star Trek themed sandwich shop called "Subspace."

One question. Will it be Ricker's or Sisko's Meat Balls Sub?

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote:
    *smiling*
    "Warp 9."

It should be Riker's.

That way Sisko can have an alcoholic fruit beverage named after him. Sisko's teQuila Punch.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    gjaustin wrote: »
    DanHibiki wrote:
    *smiling*
    "Warp 9."

It should be Riker's.

That way Sisko can have an alcoholic fruit beverage named after him. Sisko's teQuila Punch.

The staff are required to wear red shirts or borg drone shirts, of course.

Caveman Paws on
  • RenaissanceDanRenaissanceDan ‎(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) Wentzville, MORegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The Photon Torpedo could be the "All The Meats" sub.

The 6 foot party sub is the Admiral.

The kid's meal is Cadet Rations.

The play area are the Jefferres Tubes.

The Veggie sub is the Vulcan Special.

RenaissanceDan on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    What's the Quantum Torpedo then?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What's the Quantum Torpedo then?
    They add avocado.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    The sandwich topped with jalapeno and hot sauce is the Red Alert.

sig.gif
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    A Borg Collective has every possible meat/veggie/topping you offer.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    On Ferengi Friday you can negotiate what you want in your sandwich and barter to pay for it.

sig.gif
    If you got a sandwich to go, then ate half of it and left it in your fridge for a few days, you can bring it back to the store and they'll replace the soggy bread and old veggies, but re-use the same meat.

It's called a Trill.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Fried frog legs can be called a Berman.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    The play area might be a bit much, but I could totally see this as a real thing. Even if everything is all *wink-wink, nudge-nufge* instead of naming things outright to avoid licensing issues.

newSig.jpg
    The toilet bowl of the washroom in the back is called the Threshold.

sig.gif
  • EddEdd Registered User regular

Alternate titles - "The Tachyon Burst," "The Aft Shield Failure," "The Core Breach," "The Explosive Decompression," "That Part in Trek V When The Shuttle Blasted Into The Hangar At Incredible Speeds, Only In Reverse"

This can be the first restaurant with Earl Grey Ice Tea on tap.

And it can partner with "The Worf," a seafood restaurant serving Tiberius shark bites and the Picod filet sandwich. Perhaps Datafish?

On Ferengi Friday you can negotiate what you want in your sandwich and barter to pay for it.

We accept cash, credit, and gold-pressed latinum.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The Reverse Polarity is Cold Cuts surrounding a slab of bread.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    New thread title: Star Trek is Our Business (the business is a sub shop)

Any four topping sub is the Cardassian special.

... ok I'm done.

Someone give me something for the "Saucer Separation"

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    And it can partner with "The Worf," a seafood restaurant serving Tiberius shark bites and the Picod filet sandwich. Perhaps Datafish?

The worf will be where we ask you what you want, you suggest something, then we shoot down your idea as stupid and overrule you

Edd wrote: »

Soup in a bread bowl. With lid, of course.

Edd wrote: »

Soup in a bread bowl. With lid, of course.

Perfect!

Though counter suggestion - open faced sandwich. So you can eat that delicious, meaty engineering section.

The Warp Nacelle: Foot long sub, cold cuts on half, meat balls on the other.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

The worf will be where we ask you what you want, you suggest something, then we shoot down your idea as stupid and overrule you
    Or prune juice.

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2012
    DanHibiki wrote: »

... ok I'm done.

The clerk has to try and get you to add a fifth topping. Refuse properly and get a discount!

The cold cuts party platter would obviously be the Deflector Dish

That could just be like extra on anything! "Give me a Photon Torpedo, red alert."

"Yellow alert" is extra cheese.

"Sheilds up" is uh... wrapped up to go?

Aioua on
    Shields up means you get a shot of Pepsi bismol with dinner to prevent a warp core breach.

Don't want to be venting plasma all over yourself after all

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Shields up means you get a shot of Pepsi bismol with dinner to prevent a warp core breach.
    The worst flavor of Pepsi ever.

Houdini: Sandwich maker tosses a habernero pepper slice in your sandwich somewhere at random.

DanHibiki wrote: »

... ok I'm done.

I'll give you your sub, human. Just as soon as you say that there are five toppings on it. Now tell me, how many toppings do you see?

sig.gif
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The worst flavor of Pepsi ever.

Houdini: Sandwich maker tosses a habernero pepper slice in your sandwich somewhere at random.
    A friend of mine would do that when he ordered at Subway. He'd just cover his eyes and say "Put a jalapeno in there somewhere."

steam_sig.png
    Pepto. Stupid autocorrect.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Subway Jalapenos are seriously weak. They must find a distributor that has bred them that way.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • EgoEgo Registered User regular
    I disliked the Lwaxana character in TNG. In DS9 I thought she had a nicely redeeming episode where she gets stuck in the turbolift with Odo.

Always loved Nurse Chapel, but I'd say Majel Barrett's best role was as the ship's computer. Just an astoundingly good job, there. Never came off as too human, or too robotic, just... perfect.

When I have a voice controlled computer, I want it to sound like Majel Barrett.

Erik
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVA5HSE6igQ

Also, what would Raktijino (or however you spell that Klingon Coffee) be?

Coffee with prune juice in it of cOurse

So for drinks so far we have:

Pepsi Bismol
    Iced Earl Grey Tea
    Prune Juice
    Coffee with Prune Juice in it

I would not buy a drink here.

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Hey, you forgot the Sisko Punch!

So are you going to make franchise licenses available?

This discussion has been closed.