As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Super Monday Night Combat] Blitz mode is out.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    SirVale wrote: »
    So uh, dumb question most likely, but my name in game is player 256, which is not my steam name nor something I recall typing in anywhere. Is there a way to change it in game that I'm missing or am I stuck?

Ha. I've been playing with you a shitload. (BigRedRod here)

You can change your name, as people add clan tags all the time. I think you need to login to the uberent site to do it though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Yeah, in over 100 games it has happened once to me, too. And once leaver marks actually mean something, you won't see that nearly as often, either. Don't like the match you're in now? Quit, alt-tab, and come back in 10 minutes. It's too easy and anonymous to do that currently.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I was wondering about a player rating system. I think overcoming what is a significant minority of bad players is important.

Having negative ratings wouldn't work, nor would rating your own team. So maybe once an hour you can give a thumbs up to a member of the opposing team. Obviously it doesn't let you give a quick slap on the wrists for the guy who'll whine through an entire match on the team channel, but negative rating of your own team would just result in new players getting marked down.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I was wondering about a player rating system. I think overcoming what is a significant minority of bad players is important.

Having negative ratings wouldn't work, nor would rating your own team. So maybe once an hour you can give a thumbs up to a member of the opposing team. Obviously it doesn't let you give a quick slap on the wrists for the guy who'll whine through an entire match on the team channel, but negative rating of your own team would just result in new players getting marked down.

That is what matchmaking is going to do. And it will be automatic.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Wait matchmaking is going to include some kind of quality control, not just skill level?

That's an excellent idea, force the worst elements to play in their own cesspit of accusing one another of feeding and the other team of using aimbots.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Wait matchmaking is going to include some kind of quality control, not just skill level?

That's an excellent idea, force the worst elements to play in their own cesspit of accusing one another of feeding and the other team of using aimbots.

No, I mean based on skill. I thought that`s what you meant by `bad` players.

But it will catch the griefers, anyway, because they`ll likely have a low skill rating and end up playing with themselves.

• Options
    No, I mean toxic elements of the userbase regardless of their skill.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    One minor (nitpicky) thing I've had with the game recently is cosmetic. The products Inspire and Generous Kill should have their names reversed.

Oh, I really hate when pub supports disappear in team fights. Actually just pubs scattering.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    Really? Because, last time that happened to me, the other team intentionally dragged out the game for as long as possible while camping our spawn and trying to grab people out with a Vet.

Don't worry about the Veteran pulling people out of the spawn, its an exploit and they are aware of it: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=18255

I rather enjoy that short thread that got locked, because hooey is a very good player, but the team he plays with is known for doing dickhole stuff like that.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote:
    Garthor wrote: »
    Really? Because, last time that happened to me, the other team intentionally dragged out the game for as long as possible while camping our spawn and trying to grab people out with a Vet.

Don't worry about the Veteran pulling people out of the spawn, its an exploit and they are aware of it: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=18255

I rather enjoy that short thread that got locked, because hooey is a very good player, but the team he plays with is known for doing dickhole stuff like that.

And now I remember why I don't post on the SMNC forums anymore. One guy saying No. or Get Good. and then 400 people quoting him until the thread is locked with no actual input whatsoever. Also good to know that's a bug, last I heard it was an intended mechanic (a very stupid one).

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The positive thing is that the devs wholly ignore the idiots.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    So it's looking more and more like I'm going to be playing whatever striker is free for the rest of of forever, because I like all three of them.

My current product set is Money Magnet, Leg Up, and Can't Slow this. I'm hearing some folks say that Money Magnet becomes less useful the better you get at the game, and I'm wondering if I should replace it with bot buster, and just increase my cash intake via bot murdering.

I'm also still mulling over endorsements.

I'm terrified of buying anything, because I recieved At 'em Bomb as a prize, despite already owning it, and duplicate products are absolutely useless right now.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    I like Money Magnet because I'm lazy and don't feel like running over each coin. I mean I could replace it with something else in the future, but I like the product so much right now.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I can't see money magnet becoming less useful ever. The early game is gettin as much money and thus exp out of your lanes as possible, money magnet helps you do that more safely and while taking less damage and spending less time on it.

Will it net you less over all money when everyone on both teams have it? Sure. But if you plan to carry pug games it is a must, imo. Eventually in organized 5s or whatever I am sure we will see players on the team designated as carries or whatever and only one player per each lane will actually carry money magnet.

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Rorus, you seem like good people.

Might I invite you to some of my games more regularly? Perhaps even request your friendship via the steam platform?

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I generally accept all friend invites so long as I have a general idea of whom they are. My spring break is next week, so I'll have plenty of time for games.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Replays are render useless after each update right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Replays have been broken since the Megabeth patch.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Has Spunky Cola gone out of the map rotation? I've only had the bridge one and that other shitty, awful one for the last two days.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Spunky is now actually out of the rotation, haven't seen it for at least a day now.

All sorts of weird bugs people mentioned after the last big patch. I personally noticed how turrets could hit through walls when my firebase would die while nothing was near it at all. Bot pathing glitches being the biggest and most hilarious bug that it was experiencing.

A lot of people hate that map anyway even when it was working fine. I dont mind it to much... but its design is very different than the other maps.

Badwrong on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Spunky is officially out while they work on some issues. I expect it to come back on Thursday.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ah okay, I thought I was just having a weird run of luck with my maps.

Also, I've been coming to terms with Megabeth. She's very hard to kill which is nice, although her rockets are too slow to actually ever finish a player so I constantly swap weapons. Although that spin move is sodding useless.

• Options
    Ah okay, I thought I was just having a weird run of luck with my maps.

Also, I've been coming to terms with Megabeth. She's very hard to kill which is nice, although her rockets are too slow to actually ever finish a player so I constantly swap weapons. Although that spin move is sodding useless.

I like to use it, turn it off, grapple.

But it's more of a mental attack, than anything, at this point.

Also good vs fuji's. Spin and circle.

But I mean...rockets, so...

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »
    You guys are missing the real solution to this problem.

Report the assholes who are locking you in spawn and not ending the game, get them banned. Profit.

Also I agree, forfeit option is a terrible thing. It prevents players from being able to learn, because their team will just /forfeit as soon as it looks like they have a disadvantage. Just play the game to play the game, don't play it to win.

One could argue that instead, it forces them to learn to have a good early game. If you're great late game, but terrible early game, you're still never going to win. I'm glad you guys have lots of games played, but I don't have nearly that many and have seen quite a few assholes. I don't want to further the argument since it's turned into that, rather than discussion at this point, so I won't continue bringing it up, but I think having the option would not be detrimental or contribute to people being dicks.

So. How bout them new products?

You can't learn how to have a good early game until you learn how to use your class. And you can't learn how to use your class if the game ends after 3 minutes. This is why I stopped playing LoL/HoN, I could never get far enough into a real game to learn how to do anything, and got tired of playing against bots.

Haven't used any of the new products yet, I am kind of interested in the bot killer one for my Karl, so hoping I get it as a prize.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    That spin move is awesome.it can bream grapples and can finish off bots and pros

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Rainbow spin on the money ball as it drops when you win... clearly the coolest use for it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    That spin move is awesome.it can break grapples and can finish off bots and pros

Break grapples? Or just deter them? I actually get grappled a lot when I use it...

• Options
    You can break other peoples grapples both friendly and enemy. It will knock the enemy out of it.

• Options
    It doesn't break grapples, just makes you a tad bit harder to grab. It's pretty much like rampage for cheston without the rainbows.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lepwave wrote: »
    It doesn't break grapples, just makes you a tad bit harder to grab. It's pretty much like rampage for cheston without the rainbows.

It broke a grapple last night, I was grappling an enemy and our megabeth came rainbowing by and sent them flying out of my hands. Locked me in position until the animation would have normally ended too. =/

• Options
    Trust me, it doesn't break it. I've been hit by that thing so many times as a Sparks while I'm grappling their teammates.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    i was breaking grapples last night

and it got me out of kerclaw

not other people, when people were trying to grapple me

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    So did I miss the memo here. Is it planned for SMNC to be a free to pay title with purchasable goodies post release?

I thought this was just a beta thing?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Rainbow spin on the money ball as it drops when you win... clearly the coolest use for it.
    Gerbil gets mad at me when I fail to do this.

I think megabeth is my favorite. Though using shoot the moon and being melee grappled out of mid air is a pain. Rather negates the usefulness of that ability if they can do that.

• Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Trust me, it doesn't break it. I've been hit by that thing so many times as a Sparks while I'm grappling their teammates.

Trust Lepwave the spin move doesn't break grapples. Maybe it did once because of some weird glitch or you lagged because of all the rainbows.

Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    SirValeSirVale Registered User new member
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    So uh, dumb question most likely, but my name in game is player 256, which is not my steam name nor something I recall typing in anywhere. Is there a way to change it in game that I'm missing or am I stuck?

Ha. I've been playing with you a shitload. (BigRedRod here)

You can change your name, as people add clan tags all the time. I think you need to login to the uberent site to do it though.

Interesting, I've only played a few games so far so maybe it was someone else and I got the player number wrong? Anyway from my experience it takes your name from your steam profile as someone else said, but it doesn't like colons or underscores, one of the two, because it started displaying my steam name after I removed those.

Anyway enough of the boring name stuff, how do I play with you guys, is there a group or something? I never played mnc but I've played a good deal of lol and haven't embarrassed myself too badly in the few smnc games I've played but I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes beyond dont die kill bots get the anni, maybe get a premade going sometime. My steam name is SirVale.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Kor wrote: »
    So did I miss the memo here. Is it planned for SMNC to be a free to pay title with purchasable goodies post release?

I thought this was just a beta thing?

yep, it will always be f2p.

• Options
    Interesting, I've only played a few games so far so maybe it was someone else and I got the player number wrong? Anyway from my experience it takes your name from your steam profile as someone else said, but it doesn't like colons or underscores, one of the two, because it started displaying my steam name after I removed those.

Anyway enough of the boring name stuff, how do I play with you guys, is there a group or something? I never played mnc but I've played a good deal of lol and haven't embarrassed myself too badly in the few smnc games I've played but I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes beyond dont die kill bots get the anni, maybe get a premade going sometime. My steam name is SirVale.

Get in the penny-arcade vent and there is a SMNC channel. Easier to ask in there if there is room in a group since people can't always swap to typing in steam.

There was two full groups on last night, usually not that many. Would be cool if it keeps getting more people like that playing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    There is also a group of us who play a few nights a week from PA. though we just use Skype, instead.

Former Bees from Halo.

Kor on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    You can't get -14% crit rate, then add that endorsement to go up to 0.[/quote]

SniperGuy wrote: »
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Gerbil gets mad at me when I fail to do this.

I think megabeth is my favorite. Though using shoot the moon and being melee grappled out of mid air is a pain. Rather negates the usefulness of that ability if they can do that.

This is because victory rainbows are REQUIRED.