As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    I know the chances of the game I want getting a sale before my coups expire is slim to none, but I'm holding off. So when the 1st comes do they instantly expire, or is the 1st the last day to use them?

ifPg1.png

What time do daily deals usually hit?

Steam: offday
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    10am PST I believe.

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    If there's no Leap Day sale or event or something I will be somewhat sad. And then faced with the horrible decision to either use all my coupons and buy Prototype, Precipice, Payday, Poker Night, and the rest, or to just... let them go and wait for the 75% off that I know will happen eventually. I mean, it's not like I don't have games to play...

I mean, it's not like I have a coupon for something that's NEVER gone on sale like Jade Empire. These games will all get price reductions before I'm through my backlog.

Taramoor on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Hmm... review of Dead Mountaineer's Hotel from a bunch of people who know adventure games.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1396

Not exactly an earth-shaking recommendation.

Yeah plus look at this picture,
    header_292x136.jpg?t=1320992667.

Seriously dude, either put your jacket on or off, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    On the other side of the coin, though, I'm a big fan of the PA Coupon Book and hope we do it again when they hand out more.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    New release on Steam. Auditorium
    Its a simple and beautiful puzzle game with a cool mix of light, colours and music. You can try the game on their page: http://www.playauditorium.com/
    Also, looks like they are kickstarting the sequel so if you like the game you can always chip in: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/761471459/auditorium-2-duet

camo_sig2.png
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Too bad Assassin's Creed isn't a franchise sale. I might have bit at Brotherhood for $15. Here's hoping for a good Leap Day sale. Still eyeing Arkham City and Portal 2, though I think Valve games have better odds of being on sale tomorrow.

camo_sig2.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Does the D&D collection have any issue with Tutu? I'm getting an error with copying bgate2.mpi.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    hah i took that off my wishlist yesterday because I figured I'd just see what it was on sale for next big sale and my wishlist is cluttered and in desperate need of cleaning and ordering.

what game do you want me to dewishlist today to get on sale tomorrow?

initiatefailure on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm gonna get it either way, but does anyone have a coupon that can be used on AC Revelations I can have?

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I know the chances of the game I want getting a sale before my coups expire is slim to none, but I'm holding off. So when the 1st comes do they instantly expire, or is the 1st the last day to use them?

ifPg1.png

I am glad that Steam is always extremely explicit in when promotions end, unlike Origin/EA.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    What Peewi said. I can't seem to find the spreadsheet for coupons in the first post, so.

liEt3nH.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    hah i took that off my wishlist yesterday because I figured I'd just see what it was on sale for next big sale and my wishlist is cluttered and in desperate need of cleaning and ordering.

what game do you want me to dewishlist today to get on sale tomorrow?

Back to the Future!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    What Peewi said. I can't seem to find the spreadsheet for coupons in the first post, so.

I keep a link in my sig for just such an occasion.

PA Coupon Book

Who originally came up with this thing, anyway?

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Chat died again in case you were wondering.
    Couscous wrote: »
    Does the D&D collection have any issue with Tutu? I'm getting an error with copying bgate2.mpi.

Maybe BGT works. It works more or less the same as Tutu except BG 1 + 2 end up like being one long game basically. Also see this nice guide to modding BG1/2. Helped me a lot.

Isorn on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I just made a BGT installation from my Gamersgate install, works fine. Never tried Tutu.

Also started Icewind Dale. Game is brutal.

Corpekata on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Also started Icewind Dale. Game is brutal.

Brutal, but oh so worth it.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

I keep a link in my sig for just such an occasion.

PA Coupon Book

Who originally came up with this thing, anyway?

That would be me, and I'll keep it up as long as people use it. That's me hoping they release new coupons soon.

50433.png?1708759015
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Hmm... review of Dead Mountaineer's Hotel from a bunch of people who know adventure games.

It's called manopause and it's a very real thing.

• striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

I used trilogy instead which worked fine.

steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I've got a 25% off Assassin's Creed Revolution.

Who wants it?

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

Who wants it?

I'd love it!

steam_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I want Ass, Bro. Damnit.

Drake wrote: »

Who wants it?

If this page and the last are any indication plenty of us. :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Was there any follow-up to what happened to all those accounts which were used to farm coal and got alll those games by cheating? I mean, other than banning them.

I would like to know Valve's thinking regarding the performance of the last holiday promotion, to be honest, I liked the summer one a lot more. (I also had more time to play videogames, but still.).

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    thanks @Drake for the Revelations coupon :) I know what I'll be doing this weekend! stabby stabby stabby

steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

It's called manopause and it's a very real thing.

explains why we have a dead mountaineer at least

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I saw the interest. I just figured the best way to decide who got it was whoever managed to speak up first. Primitive and tastelessly Darwinian, but the best I could come up with at the moment.

Enjoy your AssCreed Rev, Rik.

Thank you @Spoit for the coupon!

liEt3nH.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I want Ass, Bro. Damnit.

I gota coupon for it, if you want. check the inventory.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    Huh. Zombie Panic just updated. I might check it out and see what's new.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Edit: Nevermind, they did get rid that of always-on DRM for AssRev, yay!

Edit 2: May as well repost this to use this space better: I have an extra copy of Portal, 50% of Killing Floor, 50% off Valve, and 50% off Altitude if anyone wants 'em.

Darlan on
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I cast this one out in chat, but nobody seems to need it : 25% off Ubisoft, stacks with the Ass. Creed daily. Drop me a line if you need it, but be advised I'm going to sleep...shortly.

Edit: Gone to @Darlan

CroakerBC on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    New release on Steam. Auditorium
    Its a simple and beautiful puzzle game with a cool mix of light, colours and music. You can try the game on their page: http://www.playauditorium.com/
    Also, looks like they are kickstarting the sequel so if you like the game you can always chip in: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/761471459/auditorium-2-duet

I remember playing this before a long time ago, it was really awesome and I enjoyed the fuck out of it. I'll definitely add it to my wishlist when I get home.

JtgVX0H.png
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I cast this one out in chat, but nobody seems to need it : 25% off Ubisoft, stacks with the Ass. Creed daily. Drop me a line if you need it, but be advised I'm going to sleep...shortly.

Edit: Gone to @Darlan
    Many thanks, I look forward to seeing Ezio's send-off tale, and finally playing an Assassin's Creed game on the best of platforms.

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i have half off fallout 3 but I'm pretty sure everyone on earth owns it already

wouldn't feel bad buying it with my coupon and giving it away if it goes to a truly fallout needy home

edited February 2012
    i have half off fallout 3 but I'm pretty sure everyone on earth owns it already

wouldn't feel bad buying it with my coupon and giving it away if it goes to a truly fallout needy home

I'll take your coup. I have one for new vegas, but I'm trying to decide between the 2 of them. Some people seem to prefer 3 and some NV.

I have played them on console though, but now that I have a decent PC I wanted to try some mods out. Which one has cooler mods?

edit: Does it work on GOTY edition since they are the same price?

anoffday on
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Fallout 3 uses GFWL. New Vegas has the better mods. There's also an uber-mod (very buggy) called Requiem for a Capital Wasteland that combines the two.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited February 2012
    Games for windows live? That sucks, right?

anoffday on
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Fallout 3 uses GFWL. New Vegas has the better mods. There's also an uber-mod (very buggy) called Requiem for a Capital Wasteland that combines the two.

You can start fallout w/out GFWL. At least I could.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.