As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wiz-War Tournament] Game 2 - This war is over (stever777 WINS)

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I am completly fine with you asociating me with Jake.

Jake is a pretty rad dude.

MORE LIKE SLOVER777!!!

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    First, I had to do a super secret play needing host reply &, second, I do have a job, ya know.
    I'm on it.
    :bz

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Next time we're gonna take your turn for you, Slowver. <3

Orders totally in.

Tayrun wrote: »
    Next time we're gonna take your turn for you, Slowver. <3

Just try it!
    (No, really, try it. Couldn't be worse than I'm playing.)

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    stever777 drops the large rock and creates a Brainstone to help come up with some ideas. So many ideas come into his head that he takes a nap.

For a very loooooong time.

He dreams of what he should do next and wakes up ready for action. After destroying the wall in front of him, stever777 sees Bedlam , just like in his dream. He throws 3 seperate fire darts at his enemy, one gets blocked by a magical shield, but the other two strike their target. With his enemy now on fire, stever777 is free to go pick up the treasure. When he picks up the treasure, however, it causes an immense pain to course through his arms. "Damn Yellow must've put a ward on this thing" he curses as he barely hangs on to the treasure.

actual orders:
    Drop rock.
    Play Brainstone -
    Brainstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item your maximum hand size is increased by 2. First time you cast or acquire Brainstone, immediately draw two cards. If you lose the Brainstone, immediately discard two cards. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed
    Pause for cards. Take a Nap.
    Play Destroy Wall on E3/F3.
    Destroy Wall | Neutral | LOS | Instant | Destroy wall or door, adjacent wizards take 2 damage, not an attack, no evasion
    Move to D3.
    Attack Bedlam with Fire Darts boosted by Stone Dead (3), Yellow takes 3 2 damage.
    Fire Darts | Attack | LOS | Instant | Shoot a number of fiery darts equal to this spell's energy at target object or wizard. Each dart may have a different target. Each dart deals 1 magical fire damage to its target. They each count as a separate damage source and must be countered separately.
    Yellow counters with
    Shield | Counter | Self | Instant | Reduce damage being dealt to you from a single source by this spell's energy plus 2.
    Pick up treasure.
    Yellow counters with
    Ward | Counter | Any | Instant | Cast then a target wizard picks up 1 of your treasures. Ward deals 3 magical damage to the target and forces him to roll a die. On a roll of 1 - 2 he drops the treasure. The target wizard's turn still ends.
    (Die Roll: 3)
    Blue takes 3 damage
    Draw 2 cards.

updated map and players:
    Game2-19.png

Tayrun
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 4
    Sustained Spells/Held Items:
    WizardBlade - While carrying this item you may use this sword to channel energy into a magical attack that targets an object or wizard. You may discard 1 magic card to deal magical damage equal to the discarded magic card's energy value. Wizardblade deals 1 crack per point of damage you inflict (rather than 1 crack per 3 points)
    PowerStone - Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you increase the energy value of all Magic cards you play to boost your speed or spells by 1. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary (1 energy left) | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage. | 0

stever777
    VP - 1
    Life - 12
    Cards in Hand- 4
    Create Door
    Null Powder | Item | Any | Permanent | While carrying this item you may discard this item as a counter spell to cancel a LOS spell targeting you. OR While carrying this item, you may discard this item during your turn to end a non-instant spell.
    Brainstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item your maximum hand size is increased by 2. First time you cast or acquire Brainstone, immediately draw two cards. If you lose the Brainstone, immediately discard two cards. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed
    Yellow Treasure

jdarksun <- Current Turn
    VP - 1
    Life - 9
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Rosebush
    Blue Treasure

Bedlam
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 5

jdarksun just needs to make it past some tacks and an Ogre. That'll be easy, right?

ObiFett on
    MOTHERFUCKER!

On the plus side Ive had that ward in my opening hand and was starting to think no one was going to come into my Sec-tor.

I was laughing pretty hard on my end about that Ward. You have had it FOREVER and no one went to take one of your treasures. There have been like 5 treasures stolen and not one of them was yellow until now, basically the endgame.

edited February 2012
    jdarksun gears up for the run back to his glyph by summoning a Speedstone and boosting. He darts around the corner, ignoring the pain from the Tacks as much as he can. As soon as the Ogre is in sight he casts dispel, timing it just right so that when the Ogre starts to shrink he can slip right by and on to victory. But the Ogre doesn't shrink and he hears the echoes of someone screaming "NEGATE" from somewhere else in the maze. jdarksun bumps right into Tayrun's knee.

"Oh, shit. New plan." He screams as he stuns the Ogre with Zot! and puts some distance between them, hoping he prevented a retaliation attack. "Best laid plans and all that...", jdarksun says to himself through a sigh.

actual orders:
    1) Time Passes

2) Move and Cast
    * Play Speedstone to increase base move by 1 (3 -> 4).
    Speedstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you increase your base move by 1. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.
    * Discard Energy (5) to boost speed (4 -> 9).
    * Move to G7 (taking 3 damage from the Tacks in G8, 6 moves remain).
    * Play Dispel on Tayrun's Big Man Form.
    Dispel | Neutral | Any | Instant | End 1 target non-instant spell as well as any spells affecting that spell
    Yellow counters with Negate Neutral
    Negate Neutral | Counter | Any | Instant | Cancel 1 target neutral spell as its cast | 0
    * Play Zot! on Tayrun to stun target wizard for 2 turns.
    Zot! | Attack | LOS | Instant | Magical damage to object or wizard equal to this spell's energy OR stun target wizard for 2 turns
    * Move S, E, S, E, N, E to H0.

3) Discard and Draw
    * Draw two cards. Sigh.

updated map and players:
    Game2-20.png

Tayrun (Stunned 2 turns)
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 4
    WizardBlade - While carrying this item you may use this sword to channel energy into a magical attack that targets an object or wizard. You may discard 1 magic card to deal magical damage equal to the discarded magic card's energy value. Wizardblade deals 1 crack per point of damage you inflict (rather than 1 crack per 3 points)
    PowerStone - Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you increase the energy value of all Magic cards you play to boost your speed or spells by 1. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary (1 energy left) | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage. | 0

stever777
    VP - 1
    Life - 12
    Cards in Hand- 4
    Create Door
    Null Powder | Item | Any | Permanent | While carrying this item you may discard this item as a counter spell to cancel a LOS spell targeting you. OR While carrying this item, you may discard this item during your turn to end a non-instant spell.
    Yellow Treasure

jdarksun
    VP - 1
    Life - 6
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Rosebush
    Blue Treasure
    Speedstone | Item | Self | Permanent | Magic Stone : While carrying this item, you increase your base move by 1. If you suffer any fire damage, all magic stones you are carrying are destroyed.

Bedlam <- Current Turn
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 4

Bedlam puts out the last fire on his robes and stares at the wizard that just picked up his treasure...

ObiFett on
    edited February 2012
    That was a clutch Negate Neutral counter-order, Bedlam.

You guys have two players REALLY close to winning. Getting intense.

ObiFett on
    Well Im trying to win myself, thanks.

And I think I have something for stever as well.

Actually why I was pissed earlier was because if this was a live game I would have negated-neutral on steavers destroy wall so he wasnt so close to victory.

Which turned out better because I really dont need you running away with it either.

Im going to need a bit of time to plan, I literally lost like half my hand so my plans have to change slightly.

Orders in!

I did what I could against stever. Tayrun if theres anymore you can do it would be nice. If he has enough boost we might be screwed.

Man, JD, you are really pushing that long turn thing.
    I'll see you in The Pit! ;-)

Pretty much fuck all I'll be able to do what with some idiot stunning me ... :P

Yeah. I would have been able to do a lot more if it wasnt for his fecking null powder.

True, sir.

Man, this Bedlam turn is taking a long time. :P

edited March 2012
    Lol. My company took my department out to dinner and then we got to use the suite at the Jazz game. Been out all night!

It's my fault it hasn't been updated. I will get it done first thing in the morning at work. I really want to see what happens in this game.

:D

ObiFett on
    stever777 wrote: »
    Man, this Bedlam turn is taking a long time. :P
    YOU BROKE MY WALL!

Now I have to do insurance claims, hire a contractor, and dip into my christmas mana pool to try and undo what you did! It takes time!

edited March 2012
    Bedlam notices the null powder on his enemy's belt and realizes that his options are limited. He boosts past the treasure thief, politely saying "Excuse me my good man" as they pass only to moments later yell "Stop!". stever777 turns around with a surprised look as Bedlam pulls out a giant magic mallet, exclaims "HAMMERTIME!", and hits stever777 directly in the face with it.
    Bedlam continues forward to get into position to hopefully stop any advancement made by the blue wizard.

actual orders:
    Boost with Powerthrust (5)
    Move down, down, down (3) polietly saying "Excuse me my good man" to stever in a gentlemanly voice.
    Anounce "Stop!" Turn around thusly and hit stever with KA-BONG while exclaiming "HAMMERTIME!"
    Ka-Bong! | Attack | Adjacent | Instant | Momentarily create a heavy mallet to strike target object or wizard for 4 physical damage. If a wizard is damaged by this attack he becomes stunned for 1 turn
    Move down once more and use lock pick on the blue door
    Pick Lock | Neutral | Adjacent | Instant | Unlock target door, it re-locks after you pass through it. This can not be countered.
    Move down for the 5th space ending the turn in G3 attempt to barracade door shut with own body.

updated map and players:
    Game2-21.png

Tayrun (Stunned 2 turns) <- Current Turn
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 4

stever777 (Stunned 1 turn)
    VP - 1
    Life - 8
    Cards in Hand- 4
    Create Door
    Yellow Treasure

jdarksun
    VP - 1
    Life - 6
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Rosebush
    Blue Treasure

Bedlam
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 3

Tayrun could feel himself losing control of the Big Man form after being hit with that Zot!

ObiFett on
    Orders in. I have no way to stop Blue, sadly.

You think our game is slow, check out Game 5!

edited March 2012
    Tayrun loses control of the big man form, but really doesn't care. He is SO CLOSE to winning. He takes a couple steps back and enhances his arms to stretch all the way across to the Blue treasure in front of him.

"GREEN has LOST A VICTORY POINT!!!" boomed the familiar voice.

Now standing on his glyph, holding the winning victory point, all he has to do is drop it...

actual orders:
    Walk to home square.
    Cast stretch
    Stretch | Neutral/Attack | Self | Instant | Stretch your arms like taffy. You may pick up any 1 uncarried item or treasure in your LOS. Picking up objects still costs movement points and picking up a treasure still ends your turn. OR Drop 1 item or treasure you are carrying in any square in your LOS. OR As an attack, punch any target in your LOS
    to grab the blue treasure from green's home square.

updated map and players:
    Game2-22.png

Tayrun (Stunned 1 turn)
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 5
    Blue Treasure

stever777 (Stunned 1 turn) <- Current Turn
    VP - 1
    Life - 8
    Cards in Hand- 4
    Create Door
    Yellow Treasure

jdarksun
    VP - 0
    Life - 6
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Rosebush
    Blue Treasure

Bedlam
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 3

stever777 just needs to get past the yellow wizard and back home...

ObiFett on
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I don't think Bedlam can actually stop stever777 by physically holding the door closed, can he?

You can't actually hold a door closed.

edited March 2012
    Tayrun cant pick up and drop the treasure in the same turn?
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I don't think Bedlam can actually stop stever777 by physically holding the door closed, can he?
    That was fluff.

Bedlam on
    Nope, the minute you pick up a treasure your turn ends. Unless you are a Big Man, have extra arms, or other cards that let you pick up a treasure without ending your turn.

So if Tayrun had big man for one more turn he would be the winner?

Damn this one was close.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Damn this one was close.

It might not be over yet.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Bedlam wrote: »

Damn this one was close.

It might not be over yet.
    Even if we could stop stever, we've got tayrun winning on his next turn. And no one is really close enough to have an answer for him right now.

Orders in.

edited March 2012
    stever777 boosts, hoping it gets him past the yellow wizard, past any unforeseen soon to be cast spells, and back to his glyph. When he steps on the blue magic stone, he is amazed that nothing has stopped him from getting there. He drops the treasure.

"BLUE has captured YELLOW'S TREASURE!!!! BLUE HAS BEEN AWARDED THE FINAL VICTORY POINT!!! He will be released from this maze. All those remaining will be cast into The Pit!"

"The Pit?", stever777 think to himself, "that doesn't sound pleasant at all. Glad I avoided that!"

actual orders:
    Energy (4) speed boost.
    Move to H2.
    Drop treasure.
    Win?

updated map and players:
    Game2-23.png

Tayrun (Stunned 1 turn)
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 5
    Blue Treasure

stever777 WINS
    VP - 2
    Life - 8
    Cards in Hand- 4
    Create Door

jdarksun
    VP - 0
    Life - 6
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Rosebush
    Blue Treasure

Bedlam
    VP - 1
    Life - 13
    Cards in Hand- 3

ObiFett on
    edited March 2012
    His exact order for negate neutral was "I guess I'll set Negate Neutral to counter anything jdarksun or tayrun casts."

This was before stever777 took his second to last turn and he didn't update it prior to your turn.

Honestly, even if Bedlam hadn't countered your Dispel, Tayrun had her negate neutral set up in such a way it would have countered your dispel.

ObiFett on
    Yeah Negate Neutral was this:

Negate Neutral | Counter | Any | Instant | Cancel 1 target neutral spell as its cast | 0

And then I set it to you guys because I thought I could boost over and try to beat you up for the win. I even said if I didnt cast it I would probably just be discarding it.

I also had:

Drop Object | Attack | LOS | Instant | Force target wizard to drop 1 treasure or item of your choice | 2

For stever but his null powder kept me from using it. Chose the hammer instead because it was adjacent instead of LOS.

Tayrun had a negate neutral as well, jdarksun

Woo hoo! I won something! (*)