As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• FarthingFarthing Registered User regular
    for the second time for this set of midterms I've found out about a midterm the day before it.

pass/fail yipeeeee

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Ffffffffffffffff. The astronomy project that's 20% of our grade, based on moon observations? Apparently enough people emailed the professor about not having started that he took pity and gave a one month extension on a project that's already a month long. I'm already done but I just can't believe that people procrastinated on this thing, when he's fine with only a couple weeks worth of observations (phase, position in the sky, moonrise/set times, tidal data, goddamn easy).

On a kicking and screaming kind of note, 23 line argument proofs, ohgodjustshootmenow

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • FarthingFarthing Registered User regular
    couldn't people just google that data?

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    man wouldn't that be incredibly easy to fake with like ten minutes of googling

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    jesus

I'm taking 18, which is manageable for me

but I don't know how 20+ would be

also, she had three capstone projects that semester (one for each major and one for her minor)

she ended up writing something like 500 pages that semester and got a 4.0

that is impressive

I think my record is something like ~215 for a single semester

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Farthing wrote: »
    couldn't people just google that data?

Or you could just ask the Navy.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php

zkHcp.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to take anymore than 13 units so far, gonna try for 16 for the coming quarter.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    god I fucking love melville

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I have forgotten every thing I might've known about electricity and magnetism

never gonna be able to make this hysteresis plot at this rate

zkHcp.jpg
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Man, eighteen credits sucked enough last semester. That's also the most you can do at my school without getting a special override. I've done five classes, so fifteen to seventeen hours, most semesters so far (except my two summers, when I only took twelve hours, but summer classes suck in their own special way), but six classes is apparently past my comfort limit. (Got a 3.83 for the semester, though, which surprised the hell out of me.) I don't think I could do twenty.

Now it's my last semester and I'm taking it easy with four classes. It's nice.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    9gokd.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    god I fucking love melville

“Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunk Christian.”

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    9gokd.jpg

1zmm7w5.jpg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    i'm currently taking 19 credits with 8 hours of additional reheasal a week for seperate ensembles, and I work.

no 4.0 though, 3.8

This term has been very very hard.

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote:
    I still think I am clinically insane for having a pipe-dream of double-majoring Sociology and Art. It'll be the most fun/stressful pipe dream I've had yet!

Chris don't double major at a CC. It is a complete waste of time. get one AA and then double at Uni

Doin' it at UO

Sorry thought you said you were doing it at Lane first.

I want to do my masters at UO, but Sharon is leaving so maybe not : (

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    i'm currently taking 19 credits with 8 hours of additional reheasal a week for seperate ensembles, and I work.

no 4.0 though, 3.8

This term has been very very hard.

If you ever become a teacher make sure you constantly remind your students of that, just like every teacher I've ever had who has done something similar did. Then rant on about how they should all have As in your mandatory intro to whatever that no one cares about.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Aw man I stained my hands in chem lab today

But on the bright side I found out I got 99% on a calculus test

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I like to think those statements are related somehow

gary gaining superintelligence after a chem accident

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    man wouldn't that be incredibly easy to fake with like ten minutes of googling

I had one of those moon observation assignments

I went all-out and downloaded some virtual sky observation program and fed it all the relevant data, did it the night before

perfect score

0BnD8l3.gif
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    flowers for garygernon

How's bugboy doing these days, bugboy?

bugboy is okay

bugboy will be better in a few days when spring break begins

man just once I'd like to be able to get some work done before the sun sets

but nope

my brain is a vampire won't come out during the day

0BnD8l3.gif
    BugBoy wrote: »
    bugboy is okay

bugboy will be better in a few days when spring break begins

If your spring break is next week when are your finals

spring break is the week after next, but if I say a few days it makes me think it's coming sooner

and then I am less stressed proven fact

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    my spring break is ending soooon

gaaaaaaaaah

don't think like that

you still got tiiiiiime

my spring break was last week and I managed to use it to accomplish absolutely nothing

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    don't think like that

you still got tiiiiiime

it makes me feel a bit better to hear that

going to enjoy the rest of break, yeah!

BugBoy wrote:
    spring break is the week after next, but if I say a few days it makes me think it's coming sooner

and then I am less stressed proven fact

seriously when are your finals then :S

mine are the beginning of april

beginning of april!?

Mine are at the end of april, and that's pretty early for an American school

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Accepted the coordinated admission program offer, so I'm going to UT Arlington next year, then UT Austin for the rest of college.

Also all of you guys that maintain those good GPA's and class hours and going to make me challenge myself (I'm going to have to take more than 5 courses a bunch anyways to get that double major in).

Also April will be lots of fun. First 3 weeks of April are spent away for One-act competitions, and they're all throughout the week, meaning I get to miss a ton of school. Good thing it'll just be review at that point in my classes, but man is it gonna be a bit tough.

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    The only thing more awkward than Chris kissing a lady is a planned event wherein Chris has to kiss a lady in front of people, in the name of education.

Entering the Awkward Zone shortly.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    90 on my midterm for Business Driven Information Systems!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    The only thing more awkward than Chris kissing a lady is a planned event wherein Chris has to kiss a lady in front of people, in the name of education.

Woah woah woah

woah woah woah

explain yourself

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Oghulk, I'd stay hopeful regarding your plans to double major but be prepared to change such plans once you are in college.

A lot of people shift focuses and end up in wildly different programs/majors than what they had expected.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Spring Break technically starts tomorrow for me, but I have a midterm that's not due until Friday (because she gave us an Essay, a regular week's worth of assignments, and then the midterm, all due within the last five days before break). So, yeah.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Oghulk, I'd stay hopeful regarding your plans to double major but be prepared to change such plans once you are in college.

A lot of people shift focuses and end up in wildly different programs/majors than what they had expected.

Oh yeah, I'm just trying to maintain a degree of a plan (HEH)

I've begun thinking I might shift my main major to economics then have the history as a back-up. I enjoy both a lot, but (hopefully seeing as how the job market 3 years from now could be what ever the fuck) I see the economics major being more helpful with regards to job placement.

Not to say I can't get a job with a history major, but...I dunno...

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'd honestly study what interests you and give little thought to the job market.

But I am fairly averse to such forward planning.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

Woah woah woah

woah woah woah

explain yourself

I prefer the ambiguity

This discussion has been closed.