As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Wait we aren't supposed to take a number if we're only using our cards from last year? I ask as I am in the same boat as @tvethiopia. If so my number 780 can be added back to the pool.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    Decius wrote:
    Wait we aren't supposed to take a number if we're only using our cards from last year? I ask as I am in the same boat as @tvethiopia. If so my number 780 can be added back to the pool.

Numbers are for the 2012 series of cards, so if you're not making a new card for 2012, then you don't need a number. Yours will be added back to the pool then. Thanks for letting us know!

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    zezspecs wrote: »
    rascal wrote:
    Could I have the newly-available 8 (in exchange for the currently held 31), thanks!

8 is now yours, and as a reminder, A-Team is number 30. 31 is now up for grabs.

zezspecs, thanks!

Does anyone have a minecraft badge? I thought I saw one on a card in this thread, but can't find it again -- figured I would check if there's an official one.
    Should I use my Assassins faction badge or will that just alert others to kill me after I swap cards? :)

• GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    this is great! feverishly working on my card! #133 for me please!

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    this is great! feverishly working on my card! #133 for me please!

#133 is yours!

• HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    Can I retain the number I had last year or has it vanished?

"Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
    Holyyakker wrote: »
    Can I retain the number I had last year or has it vanished?

860 is still available so 860 is yours!

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I need a volunteer to help 'shop up my card. Any takers?

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Okay, I want a card, but someone is going to have to help...i hope...here's the info...

Forum Name: MasterRokku
    Badges: PokeCrawl, Fitocracy, Tabletop, Twitter, XBOX360
    PAX Primes Visited: 0
    PAX Easts Visited (Including 2012): 2

Proximity to Boston: 4

First Mana Icon: D20
    Second Mana Icon: Console
    Card Type (if other than "Creature - Gamer"): Creature - IT Guy/Musician
    Abilities (Include cost if applicable): Someone will have to help me here
    Flavor Text/Quote: “That’s what’s cool about working with computers. They don’t argue, they remember everything, and they don’t drink all your beer.”
    (Paul Leary)
    QR Text (250 characters max): twitter.com/#!/MasterRokku

628 x 849 300 DPI Image (for front):
    293 x 320 300 DPI Image (for back):

MasterRokku on
    PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
    Can I get 42 as my number?

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Can I get 42 as my number?

42 has been taken for quite some time.

I figured, but I couldn't find it. I knew it was just me though. Let's try 963.

#963 is yours!

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    I need a volunteer to help 'shop up my card. Any takers?

I've got you. PMing my email address now. :)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI

#963 is yours!

Thank you very much!

• ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Got my cards today! They look great. Fantastic job on the template, folks. I'll have my old cards (or my Omeganaut rookie cards) and new at the con for anyone who wants them. Paid just under $40 total, shipping included, and received 123 cards, four of which are staying with me for display/archiving.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
    At this time everyone who has requested help should have been contacted. Please let me know if that is not the case.

The very talented and helpful Magpie Maydin swooped in and created my card. I'll post it a bit later.

edited March 2012
    Deleted.

MasterRokku on
    yeah I don't think that's the browser... I think that's however you saved those images off into jpg format.

maybe, but it looks fine when I view it on my computer and Magpie said she noticed the same thing when she sent it to me.

maybe, but it looks fine when I view it on my computer and Magpie said she noticed the same thing when she sent it to me.

Well, I downloaded it and viewed it using a normal photo viewer, and it's still all weirded up. Maybe it's wherever you uploaded it to?

Entirely possible.

edited March 2012
    Fixed...

MasterRokkuFront-1.jpgMasterRokkuBack-1.jpg

MasterRokku on
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's kind of enormous - think you could trim those down, please?

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • ChiUnit4evrChiUnit4evr Registered User new member
    This sounds pretty cool, how do I get one? Also I have no skills of an artist :P

Great card, Master Rokku! --and enviable abilities :)
    The printer emailed me yesterday to notify me that my cards are ready to ship. I ordered from Zazzle -- total was $18.94 w/free shipping for 2 sets of 100 cards.

rascal wrote: »
    Great card, Master Rokku! --and enviable abilities :)
    The printer emailed me yesterday to notify me that my cards are ready to ship. I ordered from Zazzle -- total was $18.94 w/free shipping for 2 sets of 100 cards.

I'll be interested to see the quality. Some folks went with alternate methods last year and they were very flimsy and the print wasn't as good. Please let us know once you get them in!

Sure thing! -- I ordered the 110 lb. paper stock, which is a hair heavier than the 12 pt that Jaks uses. The price was surprisingly low because the 2.5"x 3.5" size is a considered a large business card, and Zazzle always has a couple of discount coupons for that category. I've never ordered from them before, but I've seen their invitations and they have a good reputation.

edited March 2012
    This is how the reverse sides of the cards will look (without the screened out parts of course):
    ATp.pngRASp.png

rascal on
  • malicious nerdmalicious nerd NYRegistered User regular
    So is there going to be any type of meet up planned for this? If there is a giant bean bag room again this year I say we all meet there and trade! ;P

PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
    So is there going to be any type of meet up planned for this? If there is a giant bean bag room again this year I say we all meet there and trade! ;P

Unless something radical happens to the schedule, it is looking like we will be meeting Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 6:30 PM. Sunday will be in the Westin after the Omegathon/Closing Ceremonies. Still deciding on the locations for Friday and Saturday.

• Meester ScyllzMeester Scyllz Registered User regular
    Thanks to itzerokewl! Here is my card for your previewing pleasure:
    scyllz_Front.jpg

scyllz_Back.jpg

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Thanks to itzerokewl! Here is my card for your previewing pleasure:
    scyllz_Front.jpg

scyllz_Back.jpg

Glad I could help! Enjoy the card!

signature.png
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Im still sorting out some details this weekend for my cards but i could use a hand putting it together. Also need a number...is 628 taken?

edited March 2012
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Im still sorting out some details this weekend for my cards but i could use a hand putting it together. Also need a number...is 628 taken?

628 is yours!

zezspecs on
  • GizmoswitchGizmoswitch Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Here's what I've made.
    Front.jpgBack.jpg
    Yes, I'm trying to find out why the pictures are so large.
    Now I'm trying to figure out why the colors are coming out correctly in Photobucket and my computer, but not in the thread.
    Until I can discern the cause of my color issues, I'll keep the large pictures out.

Gizmoswitch on
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    My cards arrived today. Huge thanks to itzerokewl they look awesome

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    edit: Redundant post is redundant.. (removed pics, since cards are built)

vttym on
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    edit: No longer need entire card made, just maybe some help with modifying - see post on next page if you can help with that.

vttym on
This discussion has been closed.