As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Where's Madrox going? Off into limbo, or is he joining a different X-book?

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Where's Madrox going? Off into limbo, or is he joining a different X-book?

Serious spoilers for anyone who wants to go into X-Factor cold.
    He died.

Well, kinda.

He died, but his soul was shunted into another dimension, occupying the Jamie of that universe, who'd also just died.

He continued to die, being pushed through different dimensions, until finally being aided by Stephen Strange in returning to 616, and his original body, which had been healed.

Jamie's whole death arc really seemed like PAD trying to find a new way to do the resurrection story, avoiding using the death as a shock/sales-goosing tactic, but instead showing it as just another avenue for storytelling.

But, I think that we're not going to see that resurrection, until later, after a few arcs with Havok and Polaris. That way fans have the certainty of knowing that the lead protagonist of the book will be returning, but still get to see characters react to his absence.

Or maybe he'll come back right away next issue, and decide he wants to take a break from being a superhero detective.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This Astonishing X-Men arc that finished up today with #47, a nice fun surprise. A good ending, especially for "getting" Cyclops' mind right now when other writers just run with the evil motif. Keep this arc in the back of your mind for future 99 cent sales or half off trades, I think you'll like it, especially if you're a current fan of Uncanny.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11609

Preview for Wolverine: Alpha and Omega.

Holy crap is that art bad. Specially the parts with Rachel.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11609

Preview for Wolverine: Alpha and Omega.

Holy crap is that art bad. Specially the parts with Rachel.

Rachel was captured by Professor Pyg and given a Pyg Mask! ( or the art is just bad)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I don't hate that art, to be honest

The people are okay

but the mansion looks very plain

It needs more crazy stuff, like we saw in earlier issues

Solar on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    it bears noting that the school in A&O is very plain to contrast from the mental construct Quentin makes, where like half the story takes place

huntresssig.jpg
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I don't hate the art, but I'm not really digging it either. Seems to fall squarely in the bland section of the spectrum.

As out of the blue as the wedding of Storm and Black Panther, Northstar and Kyle (?) are getting married.

I think it's cool Marvel is promiting gay marriage

and other than that don't really care

so overall, good work there Marvel!

While we are on the subject though, seriously, Storm and Black Panther getting married was weird

I am pretty sure they didn't even know each other before that happened

Ah well, Ultimate Storm is way better than regular Storm anyway

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    While we are on the subject though, seriously, Storm and Black Panther getting married was weird

There was an issue of Marvel Team-Up or something like that that showed them meeting once as kids, and I know that Priest referenced it in his run at some point when they met again and seemed to be attracted to each other.

Not a particularly strong basis for a marriage, but whatever.

Incidentally, are they even still married?

Yep. I *think* she's showing up in FF's trip to Wakanda, and Bendis dealt with it in Storm joining the Avengers.

huntresssig.jpg
    Also she was in the recent BP series

turned up to save T'Challa's ass

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    As out of the blue as the wedding of Storm and Black Panther, Northstar and Kyle (?) are getting married.

"Out of the blue"? They've been together for a while now.

I'm having the hardest time putting a face to the name. Granted, this might have been during Fraction's Uncanny run that I gave up on, it just seems like something you would want to highlight a bit before the story arc where they get married happens, to make it look less like Marvel is seeing the $$$ after the Archie success.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    hey I also gave up on Fraction's Uncanny... but that was 100% because of Greg Land. If only the Dodsons had been on for more than just that second arc.

TexiKen wrote: »
    I'm having the hardest time putting a face to the name. Granted, this might have been during Fraction's Uncanny run that I gave up on, it just seems like something you would want to highlight a bit before the story arc where they get married happens, to make it look less like Marvel is seeing the $$$ after the Archie success.

It was highlighted in Alpha Flight!

And it looks like in all the upcoming Astonishing issues!

edited March 2012
    Oh yeah, Alpha Flight, there was an eight issue mini/ongoing/mini. Complete mind wipe leading to Onslaught, ok then carry on.

And that was my point about the Astonishing issues coming up, by the end of the arc there's a marriage, it's almost as out of the blue as when Millar had The Thing be engaged to a lady who just showed up. But knowing about Alpha Flight now, there's at least some establishment.

anyways, X-Club #4 was good, and Danger's pregnancy is actually:
    a dimensional "angel" that got trapped by nazis in tech 50 years ago who was trying to be reborn through various robots over the years, and Danger was finally the one who could sire it, though she might die. But Jeffries is going to save her because they're in love, awwwww

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    With regards to Northstar's marriage, my first reaction was, "Who cares? Is this newsworthy? The second-string superhero marrying his boyfriend?"

Then I realized that the Donna Troy/Terry Long marriage was probably a big deal back in the day, too. So, I guess it's fine. Liu's a really good writer, so I hope she sells a whole bunch of issues with this.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    detail.jpg

Replacing the adjective less X-Men maybe?

also yesssss
    detail.jpg
    WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #12
    JASON AARON (w) • NICK BRADSHAW (a&C)
    AVX TIE-IN!
    • Kid Gladiator goes after the Avengers single-handedly!
    • The X-Men from Wolverine’s school see the events of AVX and have a choice to make…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Talk about a 90's vibe.

X-Treme X-Men huh?

You know, if DC said that they were reviving a 90's (I think?) book then I might be worried

But Marvel has been doing so great recently that I can't help but be interested!

If they do X-Treme X-Men again, the only thing I ask is that they bring Sage back.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

There was an issue of Marvel Team-Up or something like that that showed them meeting once as kids, and I know that Priest referenced it in his run at some point when they met again and seemed to be attracted to each other.

Not a particularly strong basis for a marriage, but whatever.

Incidentally, are they even still married?

That was retconned out by Hudlin.

Harry Dresden on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah I mean X-Force was something I considered hilariously 90s and look how that has turned out

I will wait on the creative team/roster of XXM before I make any judgments

CYpGAPn.png
    the weird thing is that all of these titles are launching in July. I'd figure Marvel would wait until after AvX was over for new series and stuff.

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote: »
    If they do X-Treme X-Men again, the only thing I ask is that they bring Sage back.

Remender actually said in an interview that he was a big Sage fan and had sort of planned to bring her back in Uncanny X-Force, but realised that he didn't have to space in the book to give her the story that he wanted to tell, so he held off on it. Which makes me think that maybe this will be a Remender book and that maybe we will see Sage either in that or in the future of UXF.

I think she ended up in otherworld when last we saw her (in the Exiles fortress maybe?) which is where UXF are right now. So, you know, we'll see.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really doubt Remender would be writing two X-Books on top of his already big workload

CYpGAPn.png
    Arivia wrote: »

Remender actually said in an interview that he was a big Sage fan and had sort of planned to bring her back in Uncanny X-Force, but realised that he didn't have to space in the book to give her the story that he wanted to tell, so he held off on it. Which makes me think that maybe this will be a Remender book and that maybe we will see Sage either in that or in the future of UXF.

I think she ended up in otherworld when last we saw her (in the Exiles fortress maybe?) which is where UXF are right now. So, you know, we'll see.

She became the Exiles' fortress. Or the Siege Perilous. Or something. She's a castle now. :rotate:

huntresssig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so between Sage and Wasp, it looks like women are no longer being fridged

they are being built

you know

the phoenix should bring janet back this summer

i would like that very much.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

they are being built

somebody could write a paper about that

Blankzilla wrote: »
    I really doubt Remender would be writing two X-Books on top of his already big workload

I doubt it too

I am just relaying on some info I heard

My only experience of Sage is her minor appearance in New X-Men and her time in New Excalibur

But I liked her a lot from those comics

Hopefully she will return soon

I think she'd be a great fit for Uncanny X-Force, personally. Another woman on that team wouldn't go amiss either

Sage is awful but I guess someone could redeem her

I just don't think that's going to happen here

Antimatter wrote: »

they are being built

somebody could write a paper about that

When I wrote my obligatory comics in an English class paper it was on Wolverine being an agent of the patriarchy in Get Mystique! :rotate:

huntresssig.jpg
    X-Men Legacy #263 was basically Hope indicting Wolverine on his entire side of Schism. You lost, bub.

huntresssig.jpg
    Legacy 263 was great this week

I am so glad that I went back and read through the whole run

Rogue never really interested me before, but now I think she is pretty cool, and the cast of that book is pretty great, with Frenzy and Rachel and so on. Cool times!

I am loving how all the x-books are inter-related right now but they all have their own themes and interesting stories. Benefits of such a wide range of characters to use, I guess.

Anyway, right now I am getting six x-books? I think? UXM, UXF, WatXM, Legacy, Gen Hope and X-club. Damn you Marvel!

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Anyway, right now I am getting six x-books? I think? UXM, UXF, WatXM, Legacy, Gen Hope and X-club. Damn you Marvel!

Heh. They got you hooked badly. :rotate:

edited March 2012
    shit yeah they did

WatXM was also fantastic this week. I love that book so much. Bobby is the target of quite a bit of affection!

Like I said, they are doing a different thing with each book and I approve. The fact that they are all great is a very impressive achievement on Marvel's part.

I'd be cheating myself if I didn't get them all

Solar on