As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I would like to know more about your personal lives.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Robert, from anyone else I would simply roll my eyes and ignore such a request as this survey but for you and for the chain-gang you rule over with an iron fist at the sweat-shop known as Penny Arcade Megacorp I yielded and gave you all my personal information.

I do this out of love Robert.

And because you picked up the bar tab that night in Boston even when Thorgot wore that XKCD shirt and didn't know how to order scotch. For that I owe you eternally.

• TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I can honestly say I would not have filled out a survey like that for any other site.

I've filled out a survey like this for TWiT, but the questions were a different brand of nerd-centric. (Same answer for video card upgrades.)

@Robert Khoo,
    RE: survey question: "In addition to Penny Arcade, do you read any of the related/partner PA sites once a week or more? Check all that apply."
    I can't put a check in "The Penny Arcade Report" box now, but I hope to in the future. It's a bit too soon to answer.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I demand a Khoo/A Thread.

(Also, if I do not have a new PC within the next three months, I apologize in advance for lying on your survey.)

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Robert where was the question that asked if you were interested in first party cufflinks and think polos are for busters.

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    I changed the gender question! Now it's a fill in the blank.

thanks!

as others have said, i definitely would not have done a survey for many other sites, but i didn't think twice about doing this one

i am looking forward to getting targeted ads fired directly at my retinas from seattle in the near future

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I have done as you commanded Lord Khoo

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    doing this survey made me realize how little i've been playing games over the past few months or so.

I have made so few gaming related purchases in the last 3-6 months!

And I really wouldn't mind seeing something in theaters again soon now.

NNID: Rehab0
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I changed the gender question! Now it's a fill in the blank.

Should people that filled it out before this change fill it out again, or are we better off leaving our original responses as they are?

gtrmp wrote: »
    bw7tt.png
    I'm... pretty sure that's not how being trans works?

Not sure . . . what box to . . . check here.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Man.

the big Steam sales happen roughly every six months, so this survey is totally rigged so that I've always bought at least like 20 games in the last six months.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    this made me realize how much I've been spending on games and it made me all aaaaaaaaaaaaa

glad it didn't ask me about legos

I'm glad Giant Bomb was on that "what other sites" question. I would be totally down for Penny-Arcade and Giant Bomb to do something together at some point, even something small.

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    This is just a clever way for Khoo to meet ladies.

Q1. Are you a fine lady
    Q2. What is your number
    Q3. Do you have a sister

Survey for Bogeys.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes I watch a ton of movies, because I get paid too. Sorry I throw your stats off

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    survey is racist against Rock Paper Shotgun

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    done

nevillexmassig1.png
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I'm happy to survey for you Khoo

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Robert, from anyone else I would simply roll my eyes and ignore such a request as this survey but for you and for the chain-gang you rule over with an iron fist at the sweat-shop known as Penny Arcade Megacorp I yielded and gave you all my personal information.

I do this out of love Robert.

And because you picked up the bar tab that night in Boston even when Thorgot wore that XKCD shirt and didn't know how to order scotch. For that I owe you eternally.

Goddamn you, Thorgot

Some guy.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    seriously what's @thorgot 's problem

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    don't worry khoo

i am slowly learning how to order scotch, though this progress is slowed by the infrequency of the ordering

campionthorgotsig.jpg
    At least it wasn't a Ctrl+Alt+Del shirt.

I still love you @Thorgot. Hope Massachusetts continues to treat you well. Maybe we can grab a dog next time I come back to see my family.

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    well

i'm a scorpio

turn ons: breasts, bacon, any combination of the two

turn offs: people who play cammy in ssf4

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    How do you fuck up ordering scotch?

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    i think i asked for it with no ice instead of 'neat'

campionthorgotsig.jpg
    Did he do something embarrassing like order a 12 year Ardbeg when it only comes in a ten year bottle?

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    thorgot wrote:

I know noone who orders it with ice, they say it ruins it.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
    edited March 2012
    Really, that's the barman's fault.

At a whisky bar you don't ask neat or on the rocks, you order your drink and the barman asks you.

Then if you did ask, you will get a seperate glass of ice with a pair of tongs and you may select your ice.

Blake T on
    Or you could be English and ask for it to be cut with water.

But that's just weird and I don't know how to order that because I don't really want to.

thorgot wrote:

I know noone who orders it with ice, they say it ruins it.

Nope.

I've cools it down and the water opens up the flavours. I've never met "they" but they don't know what they (hah!) are talking about. If you want it with ice, order it with ice. If you don't then you try and tuck your engorged wang away and don't offer an opinion.

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Sorry if I pissed you off, man, I never tried scotch either way. Just repeating something a few guys said to me.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    ahahahaha I don't go to any of those sites

the only time I ever stumble into kotaku is when I reflexively click one of those look-what-kotaku-pulled-this-time links that gets posted here every so often

People who don't go to Giant Bomb are wrong and bad.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    PA is the only even remotely gaming-related site I go to apart from UESP because Bethesda owns my soul

all glory to UESP

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Survey filled in.

Made me realise how much the finishing of the thesis has meant that I don't do anything else. In fact, I don't think I've played a videogame since mid-January. But once it is finished and handed in? Days of nothing but Skyrim and AssBro <3

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Go back a few years, and I would eat up every front page article, or really anything the duo put out.

Then time clicks by, I get older, and now it seems like the more content PA puts out the less I pay attention to it.

I still like the comic, but I block ads (I kinda have a brain problem with advertising so don't bitch at me for depriving revenue or some such) and rarely ever read the front page anymore. I'm usually two or three days behind on the comic.

• Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    I always weight "importance of question" with "how many questions are on this page" so yeah, some of those kinect things were like, dang, I don't even own an xbox.
    Also, being poor really cuts down on the number of things I've purchased in the last 1/3/6 moths.

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Weaver wrote: »
    I still like the comic, but I block ads (I kinda have a brain problem with advertising so don't bitch at me for depriving revenue or some such) and rarely ever read the front page anymore. I'm usually two or three days behind on the comic.

Can i ask you what your "brain problem" with advertising is?

Some guy.
    I tend to not be too caught up with the comic as well since they moved the thread out of SE.

It needed to go, but at the same time I miss it because I don't read the comic as regularly now.

• Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    You cant like own a pixel man.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Can i ask you what your "brain problem" with advertising is?

I don't have any tidy way to describe it. Advertisements basically make me angry. TV, junk mail, billboards, radio, giant grocery store placards, web ads, so on & such. Sometimes I can appreciate an ad for the artistry behind it, for example, the Old Spice power ads crack me up. But I don't have cable TV, and don't listen to commercial radio, and I block all ads online. I guess the short & sweet of it would be that ads are extra stimuli that I don't want or need.

There is a very noticeable difference in my attitude when not exposed to unwanted advertising, and times like visiting around Christmas someplace where the family has the TV on all day full of ads. I can't tune them out, and they make me extremely bitter and combative.