As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Game (Base) 25: Back to BASICs! CYLON Victory by Fuel loss!

1202122232426»

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Curses!

Thanks for the good game @Artadius. I enjoyed myself a whole bunch.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Yay!

That was lots of fun. I really wasn't sure what I was doing most of the time, and the Investigative Committees totally stuffed my chances for stuffing up skill checks. But yeah, an amazing first game. :D

• Options
    TelnaiorTelnaior Registered User regular
    That certainly seemed like a good game ^_^
    Pretty mean ending, but I guess some things just happen that way.

• Options
    CamachoCamacho Five-time Ultimate Smackdown Champion Registered User regular
    Good game all and thx to artadius for hosting!

With the amount of distrust going around this might even have been one of the best games i've ever played in.

Gaius Baltar in artadius's BSG Game 25
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    1digitalranger11digitalranger1 Registered User regular
    Man that was some good times thanks artadius

Man camacho you foiled me at almost every turn (that and I didn't read the cards lol) well played with the committies

Think your right artadius with shortchanging the humans one too many times on the destination and I seriously thought roslin was the other cylon after that Cylon attack card was played (btw what was the other card?)

I think we could have really sank them if I hadn't gotten the helos other loyalty card

playing Adama on BSG game 25
  • Options
    artadiusartadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man that was some good times thanks artadius

Man camacho you foiled me at almost every turn (that and I didn't read the cards lol) well played with the committies

Think your right artadius with shortchanging the humans one too many times on the destination and I seriously thought roslin was the other cylon after that Cylon attack card was played (btw what was the other card?)

I think we could have really sank them if I hadn't gotten the helos other loyalty card

LOL yeah. Copy pasta:

Turn 6.4 Religious Visions choices:
    Boarding Parties - CYLON ATTACK

1. Activate Heavy Raiders

2. Setup:
    1 Basestar in 2
    2x Heavies in 1 and 3
    4x Raiders in 2
    1x Civilian in 4
    2x Civilians in 5

3. Special Rule: Surprise Assault: There are no vipers in this setup

OR
    Jammed Assault - CYLON ATTACK

1. Activate Raiders

2. Setup:
    1x Basestar in 3
    2x Heavy Raiders in 3
    4x Radiers in 2
    1x Viper in 5 and 6
    1x Civilian in 1, 4, 5, and 6

This is nasty for a Roslin player to draw two cylon attack cards. You can't say that you drew two cylon attack cards as that violates secrecy rules. You can only say that both cards were very bad and hope everyone believes you. In this case, I think folks were just itching for a martyr and him 'choosing' a cylon attack provided the reason.

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    Well, now that thats over. How could I have played a stronger pilot? I wasn't exactly confident making some of those choices (example: my OPG miscue). And in the future, I would like to avoid those pitfalls.

• Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Well, now that thats over. How could I have played a stronger pilot? I wasn't exactly confident making some of those choices (example: my OPG miscue). And in the future, I would like to avoid those pitfalls.

I think you did just fine.

Playing a pilot in the base game (well in all the versions of the game when you don't play with the Cylon Fleet Board) is kind of like mowing your yard. You just do it when it needs to be done. There's not alot of intrigue or excitement and you only do it every so often.

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »

There were 2 things you did that made me question your loyalty:

1 - The whole OPG thing and when to use it
    2 - Attacking a basestar with a maximum firepower which I think is a waste of good maximum firepower card. I don't believe we gain anything from such a move and therefore the card should be saved.

• Options
    I was sitting on a lot of red cards for most of the game. I think, by the time the game ended, I had more than 1 for most of the game. I think I was ditching that card in an effort to not randomly discard a strategic planning or a declare emergency.

Red cards are really hard to get rid of.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Great game guys, I had a lot of fun.

Yeah, getting two Cylon attack crises was pretty messed up. Thank goodness Adama was pretty obvious right after that or else I think I would have been sitting in the brig.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have never played a game of BSG in which the humans have won. We even mess with the dials at the beginning too and still nothing.

I learned alot this game and I hope to apply it to my irl games.

Cayrus on
    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    In my irl games it's 50/50

• Options
    I think one of the biggest failings of the humans in this game was that you didn't Launch Scout enough. You could have buried alot of those 1 destination cards as well as some of those bad crisis cards which were constantly wearing you guys out. Doing that more I think would have won you guys the game.

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    Good job everybody. Sometimes the cards are just against the humans.