As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] 2.0: PS1 support is a go (unless you live in North America and don't own a PS3)

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    2. I bought Disgaea 2 on PSN, and it has DLC available. Can I buy PSP DLC and get it on the Vita, and if so, how?

Transfer the DLC from your PS3.

Yeah, I have personally confirmed that this works. And what's nice about Content Manager Assistant is that it packages all the DLC into Disgaea 2 so that if you transfer it back and forth to your PC, you only have to copy one object.

I assume other PSP DLC works the same way.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm for me how large Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is on PSN? I'm trying to decide if I can spare the room for it on my 32 gig card, or if I should go through the hassle of tracking down a seemingly-rare physical copy of it.

edit: And also the price. Is it discounted? I forget.

edit2: If you could do this huge favor for me, I will be your best friend.
    NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA PLUS ($34.99)
    One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja.
    File Size 2.3 GB
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/21/playstation-store-update-227/

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'm surprised at the noise people are making over the framerate of Sigma. It seems to run fluid to me from what I've seen. I guess I'll just never be one of the cool kids.

steam_sig.png
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Vita should be here in a few hours. A bit difficult to focus on other things, heh.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Has there been any solid information published on DJMAX Technika yet? Siliconera had a blurb about it a couple of days ago...aside from that I haven't seen too much about it at all.

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Has there been any solid information published on DJMAX Technika yet? Siliconera had a blurb about it a couple of days ago...aside from that I haven't seen too much about it at all.

I asked that on Gamefaqs and someone gave me the same answer, and other than that page at Siliconera, we haven't heard anything on the game since it was announced in September. It's a shame because that's the game I'm really looking forward to.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    I picked up Rayman: Origins and Lumines on the PSN store via my PS3 so I'll be able to drop them right onto the Vita when it arrives. Anything else I should consider? I heard Portable Ops isn't supported yet, which kinda sucks.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I have some questions, but first, feel free to add me to the OP list: NailbunnyPD / NailbunnyPD / GMT-5 (EST)

1. I started with a 4GB card and bought some PSN games (PSP and Vita). I then bought a 16GB card. What's the easiest way to migrate all that stuff over?

2. I bought Disgaea 2 on PSN, and it has DLC available. Can I buy PSP DLC and get it on the Vita, and if so, how?

1. Plug the Vita into your PC/Mac with the content manager software running.

Choose to back up your memory card.

Let it finish. Disconnect the Vita. Swap memory cards.

Plug it back into your PC/Mac.

Choose to restore your backup.

Is there a PSP equivalent to this? Or can I just dump all the files onto my PC and move everything to the new memory stick.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    The 3G data plan is totally optional. I haven't signed up yet, and likely won't.

Worth noting: it's a month-to-month deal. No contract or commitment.

I don't personally see the point of paying for 3g on the Vita, since you can't play online. Especially if you have a phone, and especially if it's android because you can enable free tethering at 4g speed with android.

Riokenn wrote: »
    I have some questions, but first, feel free to add me to the OP list: NailbunnyPD / NailbunnyPD / GMT-5 (EST)

1. I started with a 4GB card and bought some PSN games (PSP and Vita). I then bought a 16GB card. What's the easiest way to migrate all that stuff over?

1. Plug the Vita into your PC/Mac with the content manager software running.

Choose to back up your memory card.

Let it finish. Disconnect the Vita. Swap memory cards.

Plug it back into your PC/Mac.

Choose to restore your backup.

Is there a PSP equivalent to this? Or can I just dump all the files onto my PC and move everything to the new memory stick.

If you mean can you back up stuff on PSP to another PSP or pro duo? Yeah, you can just treat the PSP as a mass storage device and simply copy/paste stuff.

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2012
    and about 9 albums for custom soundtracks

Hold the phone, you can do custom soundtracks on the vita?!
    chrpnk wrote: »
    I've had the 3DS since launch and I already have more Vita games than 3DS games.

I have SSF2T, Ghost Recon, Mario 3D Land, Sonic Generations, Starfox 3D, and Zelda: OOT 3D, which I've bought since launch, so just under a year already.

By contrast, I have Uncharted, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Super Stardust Delta, Rayman Origins, and Wipeout on my Vita. So, in almost a year, I got 6 3DS games. In 1 day, I have 5 vita games. Kinda crazy.

TheSonicRetard on
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular

Play some music in the media player and go back to the game and the in-game BGM will have been replaced, yeah

vQ77AtR.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Beat Uncharted, loved it, traded it in, got Hot Shots Golf. Just waiting for the DL to finish =D

• NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    Can I assume PSP saves can be migrated to the Vita via the PS3?

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    The 3G data plan is totally optional. I haven't signed up yet, and likely won't.

I don't personally see the point of paying for 3g on the Vita, since you can't play online. Especially if you have a phone, and especially if it's android because you can enable free tethering at 4g speed with android.

Yeah, it's not insanely useful by any means, which if why I probably won't ever sign up for it. You can't download games, you can't play online. All it really does is keep your social stuff up to day while you're out and about.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust

Play some music in the media player and go back to the game and the in-game BGM will have been replaced, yeah

That is so fucking awesome. I love custom soundtracks, its something that should have been standard this gen.

Definitely going to try this out later. I don't like the SSD soundtrack as much as the original Super stardust HD.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Can I assume PSP saves can be migrated to the Vita via the PS3?

Yes. Transfer the PSP save to the PS3, and then connect the Vita and transfer it over there.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz

Yeah, it's not insanely useful by any means, which if why I probably won't ever sign up for it. You can't download games, you can't play online. All it really does is keep your social stuff up to day while you're out and about.
    Wow, that sounds kind of pointless. Any other reason to have the 3G model?

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So I bought PDP's trigger grips after Khildith's strong reccomendation. Really easy to put on, just slide your vita into them then press down to snap into place. It feels great. It helps because I have larger hands (I <3 my DSiXL because it fits my grip) and it gives it more room on the sides. The triggers feel a bit weird to get used to, but they work wonderfully and are super responsive. Overall strongly recommend if they look interesting to you.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So I bought PDP's trigger grips after Khildith's strong reccomendation. Really easy to put on, just slide your vita into them then press down to snap into place. It feels great. It helps because I have larger hands (I <3 my DSiXL because it fits my grip) and it gives it more room on the sides. The triggers feel a bit weird to get used to, but they work wonderfully and are super responsive. Overall strongly recommend if they look interesting to you.

Agreed 100%. They're a great addition.

Dusda wrote: »

Well... My reason was to get it on the 15th. Now that that's gone... Not so much, no.

It's supposed to be for like browsing the internet on the go. Which would be awesome if phones didn't exist.

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular

The reviews seem to say that it isn't great for large hands. I have large hands (can palm a basketball) and I'm interested in these, but I may wait for the reviews on dis one before I purchase.

E26cO.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm for me how large Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is on PSN? I'm trying to decide if I can spare the room for it on my 32 gig card, or if I should go through the hassle of tracking down a seemingly-rare physical copy of it.

edit: And also the price. Is it discounted? I forget.

edit2: If you could do this huge favor for me, I will be your best friend.
    NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA PLUS ($34.99)
    One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja.
    File Size 2.3 GB
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/21/playstation-store-update-227/

Thank you, best friend! 2.3 gigs is too much :/.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    mugginns wrote: »

The reviews seem to say that it isn't great for large hands. I have large hands (can palm a basketball) and I'm interested in these, but I may wait for the reviews on dis one before I purchase.

For reference, I have moderately large hands (can juuuust palm a basketball) and the PDP grip is pretty comfy. I mean, it's not an Xbox controller, but it gives a nice grip, with plenty of finger room. The CTA one looks much bigger, which might be nice, but I wanted something that could still conceivably be stored in a jacket pocket without being too unwieldy.

I picked up Rayman: Origins and Lumines on the PSN store via my PS3 so I'll be able to drop them right onto the Vita when it arrives. Anything else I should consider? I heard Portable Ops isn't supported yet, which kinda sucks.

If you haven't played Peace Walker yet, it's awesome on the vita.

Wipeout is my favorite Vita game thusfar.

I still want to know why Blazblue is so freaking huge. 3.5gb or something. Seriously.

steam_sig.png
    Was peacewalker an all new game? I know nothing about it other than it being mgs somehow.

• WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    I still want to know why Blazblue is so freaking huge. 3.5gb or something. Seriously.

Super high res art for each frame of each move, plus a ton of content, would be my guess.

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
    edited March 2012
    Was peacewalker an all new game? I know nothing about it other than it being mgs somehow.

It's Metal Gear Solid 5. Specifically, it's a direct follow up to Metal Gear Solid 3 (with portable ops being sort of an interquel, kinda like the Metroid Prime games). You play as Big Boss, and it's one of the very best games in the series. And, unlike most Metal gear games, the story picks up immediately, with the very first cutscene pulling you in.

EDIT: And, gameplay wise, it plays like a mix of Metal Gear Solid 3, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

TheSonicRetard on
    sequel to solid 3/portable ops, prequel to the rest

vQ77AtR.png
    Well well well. Hmmm. I assume its good. But I did just get Hot Shots Golf and Ogre Tactics. Hmmm.

Storywise, it's a prequel, but for all intent and purposed, it's Metal Gear Solid 5. that was even what it was known as early in development:

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-planned-as-mgs5-20100224005440089-000.jpg

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

Oh just like the 360. Thats super cool then. I can play some Eurobeat while kicking mans in UMvC3.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Okay, I'd like to ask about the 3G promotion, as apparently the due date to take advantage of it is March 31st.

Assuming I don't care about the 3G part, I'm essentially paying $15 for Super Stardust Delta and its DLC. Would the total amount for both be equal to $15, anyway, or less?

Also, I'm only purchasing one month of 3G, right? I won't have to go back and unsubscribe for fear of being automatically renewed the next month or anything?

And lastly, regarding the free month of 3G from the promotion...is that a free month I can redeem at any time, or is it something that's automatically applied after the first paid month?

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ok. A couple PSP related questions --

1) What is the difference between Persona 2: Innocent Sin which is already out, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment which is on the coming soon PSP list?

2) Is the Vita version of Lumines much different or much better than the original PSP release? If they are super similar, would it be better to just get the PSP version digitally and save a bunch of money?

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    1) What is the difference between Persona 2: Innocent Sin which is already out, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment which is on the coming soon PSP list?

They're two different games. Eternal Punishment is essentially Persona 2-2.

Maya Amano is one of the playable characters in Innocent Sin but she's the lead in Eternal Punishment.

RainbowDespair on
    Okay, I'd like to ask about the 3G promotion, as apparently the due date to take advantage of it is March 31st.

Assuming I don't care about the 3G part, I'm essentially paying $15 for Super Stardust Delta and its DLC. Would the total amount for both be equal to $15, anyway, or less?

Also, I'm only purchasing one month of 3G, right? I won't have to go back and unsubscribe for fear of being automatically renewed the next month or anything?

And lastly, regarding the free month of 3G from the promotion...is that a free month I can redeem at any time, or is it something that's automatically applied after the first paid month?

You can buy SSD on PSN for $15. Well, $14.99 actually.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok. A couple PSP related questions --

2) Is the Vita version of Lumines much different or much better than the original PSP release? If they are super similar, would it be better to just get the PSP version digitally and save a bunch of money?

I believe that P2 is actually two seperate games that form an overarcing storyline. They're seperate stories but tie together to form the whole picture.

The vita version is upgraded graphics, new features like avatars that do things when you tap them like force random blocks, or specific color blocks, world block that the entire work coordinates to clear every 24 hours, and backtouch features. Its better than the PSP Version, but if you're really price conscious you might want to grab the psp version. It'll look worse, and have less features, but if you need the money you need the money. Lumines PSP isn't available digitally apparently. I was incorrect!

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    Disclaimer: I am no Persona expert.

Persona 2: IS did not come out in the US, so the PSP port was the first time this market was able to play an official translated release. EP succeeds IS, but in an alternate/parallel storyline.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png