As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [mini-phalla] of Isaac: GAME OVER - VILLAGE VICTORY

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    wow this thread got crazy quiet. Everyone out partying on a friday night? (or saturday morning for all you on the other side of the world)

Bedlam on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Village idiots can be incredibly destructive under the right circumstances. In one phalla where I had the role, I was able to successfully claim alignment seer to the network head (the real seer died early in the game, and powers weren't revealed on death) and tell him that I'd seered a suspicious player as village.

That player turned out to be mafia.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    Well I've been playing El Shaddai, which is like Binding of Isaac but fundamentally different in almost every aspect.

We could talk about that?

bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Blasphemy.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    that game looks both really awesome and oddly frightening at the same time.

• Options
    It's the dumbest game and that includes both good dumb and bad dumb.

It's like marbled chocolate but instead of milk chocolate it's bad decisions that turned out well and instead of white chocolate it's bad decisions that turned out awful.

bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Village idiots can be incredibly destructive under the right circumstances. In one phalla where I had the role, I was able to successfully claim alignment seer to the network head (the real seer died early in the game, and powers weren't revealed on death) and tell him that I'd seered a suspicious player as village.

There was a main game a while back that went almost two weeks and was won by neither the village or the mafia, but by a Village Idiot and a Serial Killer working together. God, that game was insane.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »

There was a main game a while back that went almost two weeks and was won by neither the village or the mafia, but by a Village Idiot and a Serial Killer working together. God, that game was insane.
    Underdogs Victory, huh? :P

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Very well my favorite little muppets! (which I'm told is actually an insult down here. OOPS!)

I am away to the gym!

You should keep conversing until I return!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm switching my vote to Corvade because I didn't like the spiel about self-voting. For reasons.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Vote closes in a little more than 4 hours. Also, the only reason the vote close is so late is because I close at nights, so that time lets me be quick with the narrations. I can move the vote close up a few hours, if you guys are content to wait on narration on some nights.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Nirya!

Wait, you mean I can't vote out the host?
    *grumblegrumble*

Why must you ruin my fun SLyM ?

• Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    The all-knowing RNG has chosen Malkor!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Loxx

Because RNG is bad, mmmkay?

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    Loxx

meh, it's pretty harmless on day 1. Anybody who votes by RNG after day 1, on the other hand, needs a swift kick to the head.

• Options
    Assuming that anyone knows how to play this game is bad.

bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Loxx

You're right! I should definitely choose someone by another method Assuran! :P

• Options
    Much better.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Day 1, any reason is a good reason. Even bad reasons.

• Options
    1 hourish til vote close!

and stuff!

you know, just helping to keep track!

• Options
    Thanks ahava. What time is it in your crazy underworld, anyway?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    There are no bad reasons, just bad explanations.

• Options
    20 minutes to vote close.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    VOTE CLOSED

Narration in progress.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Also, before I forget, kime has asked me to tell you all that he will be murdering Taya in some fashion. If you want me to prove this, just ask and I'll add you to that conversation.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Awww

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Should I reveal my mason then?

Trust Kay.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Day 1: Everybody I love is trying to kill me.

Devil's journal:

Apparently some child and his friends wandered into my basement the other day, so I tasked my minions to find the children and bring them to me, as a sacrifice. Today, the group brought forward romanqwerty, a poor little Guts, who I had no choice but to sacrifice. As a message. Wait, why am I justifying myself to my journal. I killed the poor chap because it was god damn fun.

But then one of my lieutenants whispered in my ear that, after double-counting, there had been a tie in the vote. I asked the group to bring Langly up to my throne, and low and behold, it turned out to be none other than MOM, the woman behind this whole mess. Her death was most satisfying.

Meanwhile, one of my field marshals was found missing. Taya, who was given the codename Envy, was found dead in her hideout, slain by a well-placed bomb. I'd say this was a big loss, but she had it coming.

Finally, a poor Hive by the name of Malkor was found dead, surrounded by what appeared to be water.

The Dead
    romanqwerty - Guts - sacrificed to the Devil
    Langly - MOM - also sacrificed to the Devil
    Taya - Envy - bombed to death
    Malkor - Hive -death by tears

PMs going out now

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    All PMs should be out. If you did not get a PM and feel you should have, message me.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Wait, Langly = orange, so I guess that means neutral, possibly SK? What does blue stand for, anyone have an idea? Special?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Glad I'm not the only one confused about the colors.

• Options
    Also, just one more time so that everyone can see it. We can move the vote up a bit if you guys want, just be advised that narration will probably be around this time for at least a couple more days (myself closing again tonight and then the forum maintenance on Sunday).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    The vote close time is fine!

gah so much lime my eyes are going to bleeeeeed

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    According to the narration, Taya was one of the 'Field Agents' of the Devil, with a codename that matches one of the seven deadly sins (and the mid-bosses in the game). So I can be safe in assuming that blue means special.

Also hi, I was masoned with Taya, as she said. S'up, denizens of the basement?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    uh....

Langly on
  • Options
    Also, a vote count would be really neat, to confirm/deny that there may be some vote manipulation in there. (I would, but I'm at work, and the faster I get done the faster I go home.)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Hand count (which I might have missed one vote at worst) shows roman had 9 votes, Langly had 6.

That... is definitely some manipulation.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Yeah, 3 votes (I haven't counted, so I'm going with Cythraul) is pretty ridiculous. Gonna make it hard to ever be sure if a top vote getter unless we all bandwagon.

• Options
    So. Either 3 people with double votes, or one person with a massive 4 pointer.

Or maybe a bunch of vote manipulators all over the place that we really can't account for in such an easy manner.

Ah well. Talk to me, denizens of the basement. Tell me all your secrets, my foul weaselchildren of the intertubes. Those that are recalcitrant and hesitant to furnish me with their life stories will be poked at with sharp, shitty sticks. Maybe.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Langly being the serial killer wouldnt suprise me. In the boss fight Mom drops a giant foot down trying to crush the player, but you can often get her to kill her own underlings this way.