As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HAPPY STRAYA DAY! [AusPAX 2013]

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I wanna say Hyper Text Markup Language?

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I love this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIFm5earUY

and not until I looked it up on youtube did I realise it was the same band Pipe recommended to Keith a while ago

4SMZq.jpg
    Yeah! That's one of my all time favourite albums.

Wimble did you know that the main dude from Eels, Mark Oliver Everett is the son of Hugh Everett III, the preeminent theoretical physicist?

The very same Hugh Everett who originally proposed the "Many Worlds" model of quantum physics?

of course I knew that pipe do I look like some kind of idiot

(that is neat)

4SMZq.jpg
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Saw British India live tonight, I rate it as "pretty gosh darn rad"

edited March 2012
    Did you know that E (the singer) found his father dead in his bed? Then a few years later found his sister after she'd committed suicide, ending her struggle with schizophrenia. Her suicide note inspiring this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS2ipWNm9Fw
    In this note, she requested that her remains be disposed of in the trash, just like her father's had been so that she might "end up in the correct parallel universe to meet up with Daddy"

Luckily he's channeled all of this tragedy into beautiful music.

#pipe on
    damn how old was his sister?

4SMZq.jpg
  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    the tutor asked us if anyone knew what HTML stands for. One guy replied completely earnestly 'hotmail'.

Burn Everything

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    In Year 5, our teacher asked us what a tsunami was.

A kid shouted out, "Yeah isn't that the thing on Cartoon Network?"

Wimble wrote: »

I don't know. 20s?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Guys.

The Artist Is Amazing. I Am In Movie Love.

#pipe wrote: »

I don't know. 20s?

ah. "to meet up with Daddy" implied younger to me

regardless, that is heavy

4SMZq.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @lacabra I certainly will!

• KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Did you know that E (the singer) found his father dead in his bed? Then a few years later found his sister after she'd committed suicide, ending her struggle with schizophrenia. Her suicide note inspiring this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS2ipWNm9Fw
    In this note, she requested that her remains be disposed of in the trash, just like her father's had been so that she might "end up in the correct parallel universe to meet up with Daddy"

Luckily he's channeled all of this tragedy into beautiful music.

That is haunting.

I just are a burger from the place that supposedly makes Brisbane's best burgers.

It was a really good burg, but in the distinctly Australian style, like the little snack bars you find in industrial areas.

Not really my style, but really good none the less.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You dudes want to do a dnd sesh on Monday then if you are back nick?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I just are a burger from the place that supposedly makes Brisbane's best burgers.

It was a really good burg, but in the distinctly Australian style, like the little snack bars you find in industrial areas.

Crusty bun, thick patty, onions, lettuce, tomato, what else?

• KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Blake T wrote: »
    You dudes want to do a dnd sesh on Monday then if you are back nick?

Can do? I don't get until 7pm or so though. If that suits the rest of you, I'm keen.
    Otherwise maybe Sunday afternoon/eve?

e: or any evening during the week

Kincaid on

Crusty bun, thick patty, onions, lettuce, tomato, what else?

the patty wasn't super thick, but it was the lean, crumbly style that you find in snack bars.

What you described plus beetroot is the standard (all the beef burgs have beetroot). I got that plus bacon and egg. Choice of sauce, I went for tomato and mayo.

I think one of the real draw cards is they have a massive menu. Beef, fish, lamb, chicken, pork, rib fillet and vege burgs. All with lots of variations.

There are a few nice burger places around here.

But every time I have one, I always feel like they are short one key ingredient.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sperm?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Which place is this?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    If I'm ever in the area I'll have to keep it in mind.

Last burg place in the city I visited was Beastie Burgers on South Bank, they were pretty good.

Beastie is alright. God damn expensive though. They do damn good onion rings.

Next time I'm on Grey Street I need to note down the names of the chinese place and the tea shop I went to with a friend during our last trips to the city.

They were both incredible.

The tea shop is TLicious
    There's a couple Chinese places

• Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular

Yeah I've been digging the whole mustard/pickle style burger lately.

• LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    If I'm ever in the area I'll have to keep it in mind.

Last burg place in the city I visited was Beastie Burgers on South Bank, they were pretty good.
    I totally went there twice around Christmas. The second time me and the two guys I was with somehow completely forgot to pay and just walked off and played pool in the city for a bit before we realised. Worst people ever.
    Went back and paid though.

what was the name of the place we ate at, pipe?

cause that's my favourite chinese restaurant in all of australia

4SMZq.jpg
    what was the name of the place we ate at, pipe?

cause that's my favourite chinese restaurant in all of australia

The Landmark. It's a good one.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I love Cookie.

Possibly the best Thai food in Melbourne?

broken image link
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's hard to tell what the best Thai place is.

Seems like there's great, good, and crap.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Well the best meal I have ever eaten was from Cookie, and Thai isn't even my favourite style of food.

broken image link
    Drinking some bourbon, watching Dirty Harry movies.

Cunts are getting shot right the fuck up.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I bought a 350ml of JD and may just indulge myself

I got a new job though at a theater cafe, it's more intense than my old job in many ways, have to take orders from tables now, everything is on paper. This is an issue because I am approaching deaf and have handwriting like a total wad. It's more engaging though

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just went to Sydney barcraft.

Man that place was fucking packed.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    wait Poppy's does burgers?

are we talking about the bakery in Southbank? because it's fantastic and i go there often but i had no idea burgers were an option

also i just had friends over and watched Predator and Alien back to back, hadn't seen either, turns out they're both fantastic

thought the internet would like to know

This discussion has been closed.