As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SSX] World class tunnel physics simulator

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hold L2 near the edges of cliffs to not die.

Also, I just realized you're the guy who would not stop posting about how much ya hated Mortal Kombat last year. You're uh. Not gonna do that again, right?

Cause. We get it. S'cool.

Seriously, all I'm hearing at this point is "abloo bloo this game's too hard" and "people who aren't placing Geotags my way are obviously doing it the wrong way"

(Protip: There is no wrong way to place Geotags)

Protip: if all people are going to do is place them in ravines then the idea was a waste of everyone's time.

But that's not at all where everyone is placing them, I see them all over the track and in the air.

Also, now get ready for this one, maybe people are hiding them well so you don't just see them and have to hunt for them.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Speaking of online pass, is not having it going to significantly impact my enjoyment? I have the japanese region one and can't seem to redeem my pass.

You should be able to create a Japanese PSN account and use the code there. I did that for one game I imported that came with a preorder bonus. It should work on your regular account as well, once you use the code and download everything.

I did it before, but I realise now that mine is region 3, which Japan is not in. Guess I should go make a hong kong account. At least I can understand chinese better than japanese. :P

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • chidonachidona Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh man, the whiteout DD.

Oh man.

EDIT: Just made it down in one piece! 3 secs behind Griff though, the bastard.

chidona on
  • ghost whistlerghost whistler explodicator HereRegistered User regular
    It seems that you really do need a friends list full of SSX'ers to get the most out of this game.

• cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    chidona wrote: »
    Oh man, the whiteout DD.

Oh man.

EDIT: Just made it down in one piece! 3 secs behind Griff though, the bastard.

Yeah, that was the first DD that I wasn't able to do in just 1 or 2 tries.

cckerberos.png
  • DeviousRakunDeviousRakun Registered User regular
    It seems that you really do need a friends list full of SSX'ers to get the most out of this game.
    I've been playing on PS3 and having a blast, but would love more friends to race and trick against, since only two friends on my list are actually cool people with SSX too.

So if any of the PS3 players could add me, I'd love to spend hours trying to beat your scores, my PSN name is DeviousRakun!

RiderNet doesn't really work without friends. All you're really doing is racing on your own unless you participate in the global events.

Also there is something wrong with grinding trees. The logs that are on the ground on certain courses are far too difficult to grind onto. Considering you can hit a rail at almost right angles and automatically grind, it shouldn't be this hard. But you can go straight at a log, hold down LT, and still bounce off it.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    RiderNet doesn't really work without friends. All you're really doing is racing on your own unless you participate in the global events.

Also there is something wrong with grinding trees. The logs that are on the ground on certain courses are far too difficult to grind onto. Considering you can hit a rail at almost right angles and automatically grind, it shouldn't be this hard. But you can go straight at a log, hold down LT, and still bounce off it.
    i'm not sure we're even playing the same game at this point. i have no issues grinding trees with LT, you seem to be doing something wrong.

i'm not sure we're even playing the same game at this point. i have no issues grinding trees with LT, you seem to be doing something wrong.

To be fair, they can be pretty finicky when you're starting out.

Although, ghost whistler, you do know that you can add friends of friends on rider net, right? Press select in the menu, go to rivals, scroll to the bottom and there'll be loads of suggestions to add people who are friends of friends playing SSX. I mean, it literally prompts you to do that every time you start the game up.

• DeviousRakunDeviousRakun Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have tons of trouble getting tree's to grind properly, though I'm sure it's more of a skill thing on my part. I wish there was an option to autogrind them like regular rails, it would atleast make me worry less everytime I see one on a jump until I got better at doing it manually. I'd rather have it latch on when I didn't want it to, then not at all when I needed it to.

DeviousRakun on
    I cannot do it at all. Anything else isn't too bad, but trees just don't want to know. Annoying.

chidona wrote: »

To be fair, they can be pretty finicky when you're starting out.

Although, ghost whistler, you do know that you can add friends of friends on rider net, right? Press select in the menu, go to rivals, scroll to the bottom and there'll be loads of suggestions to add people who are friends of friends playing SSX. I mean, it literally prompts you to do that every time you start the game up.
    Thanks, but I can't select rivals. It says 'no rivals' and I cannot select it like the other options.

]Thanks, but I can't select rivals. It says 'no rivals' and I cannot select it like the other options.

Then add some people from here to get some rivals.

• EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    ghost whistler, maybe it's time to just trade the game in or sell it on ebay or something. You don't see to like what they've done with the franchise, so maybe getting out while the value's still high on the second hand market is a good idea.

Entriech wrote: »
    ghost whistler, maybe it's time to just trade the game in or sell it on ebay or something. You don't see to like what they've done with the franchise, so maybe getting out while the value's still high on the second hand market is a good idea.
    Maybe. But I like to play the game first to see if it improves and to make a rounded decision.

Their server seems to have gone tits up as well.

ooh i got silver on the JT2 race. That's quite cool.

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular

Xbox 360 Tags
    Forum Name - Tag

mere_immortal - lego pencil
    Local H Jay - Local H Jay
    Nova_C - Nova Collision
    Allforce - Allforce
    SkyTurnsRed - Skyturnsred
    DarkMortainius - DarkMortainius
    Sirac - Sirac75
    Aistan - Aistan
    Angel177 - Angel177
    JackKieser - Jack Kieser
    UnbreakableVow - DesmondHumeWins
    Nalouto - Louzorz
    Yellow Ranger - fireboy80x
    Knight_ - Knight is Crazy

PSN IDs
    Forum Name - ID

DouglasDanger - douglasdanger
    DeMoN - Toxic_Cizzle
    Automaticzen - AutomaticZen
    Renzo - Renzomaru
    Medium Dave - Mediumdave
    chidona - chidona
    cckerberos - cckerberos
    BlitzAce1981 - BlitzAce1981
    Reynolds - RadSuit
    LCDXX - LCDXX
    bficky - BFicky
    TheScruple - TheScruple
    Uselesswarrior - FantasticDamage
    Toma - Toma84
    ringswraith - ringswraith
    horseman85 - dropofh2o
    Ah_Pook - Ah_Pook
    Johnny Chopsocky - Stud_Beefpile
    Fireflash - PatParadize
    Crazy Robot - Alien-Six
    Handfalcon - Handfalcon
    gunwarrior - Gunwarrior
    Antihippy - Antiwhippy

• TomaToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Seeing the words "Perk: Big Head" kind of compelled me to blow 250k on a suit for no reason. Also, it glows, and feels kind of appropriate for Griff.

Edit: Gunwarrior... just this once, let me keep a spot ahead of you on a race. Just let me have this moment. It might be the only moment I have. Please don't take it away from me.

Toma on
    tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    ooh i got silver on the JT2 race. That's quite cool.

Holy shit, that's the first positive thing you've had to say about the game :)

Hope it's turning around for you. The game can be frustrating at times and I agree with some of your criticism but there is fun to be had as well.

Also you really need to have people on ridernet to get the full enjoyment out of the game, go ahead and add some people.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Toma wrote: »
    Edit: Gunwarrior... just this once, let me keep a spot ahead of you on a race. Just let me have this moment. It might be the only moment I have. Please don't take it away from me.

Gunwarrior seems to be driven by a desire to crush our scores, see them driven before him and hear the lamentations of their women.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    I'm joining the Parade of users! Go ahead and add my username to the list: Spunkrake. I'm on x360.

I'm not what you would call good. I'm barely passable, honestly. But this game is just too much fun not to play. I don't have a whole lot of time for it (New baby!) but what time I do have would, no doubt, be well spent glaring anxiously at a big list of scores to aim for.

Cheers!

Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Haha, just joined a global event with like 80 people and got the high score, putting me in diamond.

Then like 2 seconds later someone beat my score by a few points and I got booted down to platinum. Oh well, felt good while it lasted.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Is PSN down for anyone else right now? I'm losing valuable ghost dude racing time...

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    PSN is supposed to go down today apparently.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Yep. Right after I decided that I wanted to get some SSX in today before Mass Effect 3 enters my life and makes me monogamous for the next month+.

Dammit, I wanted to race ghost dudes and feel poorly every time I didn't beat them (this occurs most of the time).

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    So what happens to my scores if I'm not connected to the EA servers? Do they upload when I connect or are they lost to the ether?

Because if it's the latter then I now I am going to have the best runs ever.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    i think it should save them locally, right? i imagine it'll upload them once you get back online

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    npreecs wrote: »
    I'm joining the Parade of users! Go ahead and add my username to the list: Spunkrake. I'm on x360.

I'm not what you would call good. I'm barely passable, honestly. But this game is just too much fun not to play. I don't have a whole lot of time for it (New baby!) but what time I do have would, no doubt, be well spent glaring anxiously at a big list of scores to aim for.

Cheers!

This is the worst gamer tag I've ever seen. Add me poste haste.

Spunkrake, haha. Man.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    doing the whiteout deadly descent with no pulse goggles is pretty awesome

Digital Foundry has their technical comparison up, they give the 360 version a slight edge, but say that is pretty much the same on both consoles.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    PSN being down is a bummer, but at least i got world tour finished out. Death Zone took some serious retries, but that course is pretty cool.

Anyone else love the music in the Kilimanjaro Deadly Descent?

Anyone else love the music in the Kilimanjaro Deadly Descent?

yeah, it's extremely awesome when you do it with no headlamp/goggles too. i didn't think i could do it but it was wicked satisfying. the music combined with the complete darkness got my heart racing.

• TomaToma Registered User regular
    PSN being down just kinda reminds me that one day, these kind of games that have such a heavy multiplayer component will just kinda be alright. It's so awesome to go into Global Events to make money, and compete against crazy scores.

It's just like Demon's/Dark Souls. I can't imagine playing them once the servers are down.

tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I played Demon's Souls without any multiplayer (by necessity, not choice). It was still a lot of fun.

cckerberos.png
  • Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    Hell yeah. I just posted a 59:73 in that 3.8 billion Last to Hit: race in New Zealand, witch puts me in the gold bracket. If I stay there for another two and a half hours I'll get 4,505,836 snobux.

sigcx.jpg
    OH JESUS, i finally got the achievement for beating the cold DD with no thermal gear by abusing the wingsuit. i actually think it's impossible without it, as you die VERY QUICKLY without the thermal stuff. ah well, i only have a few more of the DD achievements and then i'll be done with that bullshit (not looking forward to rock with no armor... ugh)

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Playing around with the music stuff. This song is fits in a strange sort of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDnwd9GLhe0

I might make a proper playlist for it. The music thing is actually pretty awesome. Plus the game needs way more dubstep and DnB.

Also since PSN is down I tried some of the world tour stuff. It's not too bad.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    OH JESUS, i finally got the achievement for beating the cold DD with no thermal gear by abusing the wingsuit. i actually think it's impossible without it, as you die VERY QUICKLY without the thermal stuff. ah well, i only have a few more of the DD achievements and then i'll be done with that bullshit (not looking forward to rock with no armor... ugh)

That thermal one is so, so difficult.