As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    You know I hope that level scaling is done differently this time.

I really don't want us level 30 start people to be bit in the butt like we were in ME2.

I don't think NG+ was that bad in ME2. Well, the Freedom's Progress YMIR sucked, but after that... having all your powers was more than compensation for losing your weapon/armor upgrades.

that corner in omega would like a word with you.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    every space cow and pyjak must die

anything less, and the reapers have already won

PNk1Ml4.png
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    evilthecat wrote: »
    htm wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    You know I hope that level scaling is done differently this time.

I really don't want us level 30 start people to be bit in the butt like we were in ME2.

I don't think NG+ was that bad in ME2. Well, the Freedom's Progress YMIR sucked, but after that... having all your powers was more than compensation for losing your weapon/armor upgrades.

that corner in omega would like a word with you.

Just Warp Bomb it with Miranda. If you can set up a Warp Bomb on the last Vorcha before the turn... it'll knock down the two around the corner long enough for you to hop cover, turn to the right, and charge the Pyro. Then there should be a guy by the switch to Charge for the quick door close.

Unless you're not playing Vangod. You monster.

htm on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Oh man I just read some more stuff.

Oh man Bioware.

YOU HAVE RUSTLED MY JIMMIES.
    THEY REMAIN RUSTLED AND I AM NOT SURE THEY WILL UNRUSTLE!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »

Oh man Bioware.

relax dude

as i've said earlier, both previous mass effect games have included some heinously stupid plot-related shit

but always accompanied by fucking amazing music

thus whenever i read a spoiler that makes me go 'um' i realize that when the music's playing i'm actually going to be saying 'FUCK YEAH'

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    No amount of music can save what I will experience.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

Oh man Bioware.

Darth Vader suddenly switches sides and kills the Emperor? Luke doesn't do it? His Jedi training was worthless? WTF is this shit Lucas?

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    No amount of music can save what I will experience.
    what have you learned

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I don't get it. Is it bad just because you didn't expect it to go down this way? Or is it bad because it sounds like the marketing department wrote that part of the game?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    It's a mix of both.
    I am really glad the MP is so awesome, because then I can just jump in there and omni-shank some dudes to let off steam after the SP crushes my spirit over and over again :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited March 2012
    i don't think it's spirit-crushing at all

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Listen.

The ending to ME2 was silly.

But I didn't care because the music was awesome and running around was awesome and the entire endgame is awesome.

If you disagree, you are a volus.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Antisemite

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    If you think the ending to ME2 is silly, than some of the things happening in ME3 will make you think you are watching Mad TV.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    look there is basically no way the ending can be as bad as the fan speculation I've read, and some of that is pretty ok

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    look there is basically no way the ending can be as bad as the fan speculation I've read, and some of that is pretty ok

Link me to that speculation so I can see if it is sillier or not.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    wait what the, what was silly about the ending to ME2?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    my favorite piece of enemy banter:
    Holy shit, that's Shepard!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

Antisemite

I'm just anti breath-mask.

Hardtarget wrote: »

Some people have issues with a giant T-800 out of no where as the final boss.

Also, this is pretty rad.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/03/buzz-aldrin-mass-effect-3-interview-launches-side-mission-briefing/

Link me to that speculation so I can see if it is sillier or not.

I don't have the link and don't want to try to search for it cause there's spoilers all over BSN

but just think of any fan fiction you've ever read

PNk1Ml4.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/03/buzz-aldrin-mass-effect-3-interview-launches-side-mission-briefing/
    wait but.. they explain specifically why it looks like a human / what is being built

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I really don't get why NG+ didn't include upgrades.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    If you ordered the digital download special edition of the game the soundtrack apparently is available to download now.

Origin keeps saying Content Download Error. :(

wait but.. they explain specifically why it looks like a human / what is being built

You don't understand, because you're not a 'real' fan. Bioware RUINED the franchise by adding something so stupid. Like, it put a gun to its head and pulled the trigger.

That's the logic many fans use.

I happen to think it's a fun boss to blow up.

Aldrin is great. I'm glad they even managed to give him a small speaking role in the game.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    So, I've been scanning the forums for this, but I'm assuming someone knows who the full permanent squadmate list is. I saw one a few weeks back but wasn't sure if it had been updated. If anyone knows for sure, I wouldn't mind a spoilered list. I have the ME3 Art Book but haven't read past a certain page that my roommate told me to avoid, but there's some stuff in there that would indicate perhaps certain people? Including a couple really surprising characters.

In short, I'm trying to get any disappointment out of the way so I can just go into the game knowing what I can and can't do.

You don't understand, because you're not a 'real' fan. Bioware RUINED the franchise by adding something so stupid. Like, it put a gun to its head and pulled the trigger.

That's the logic many fans use.

I happen to think it's a fun boss to blow up.
    terrible

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Oddfish wrote: »
    So, I've been scanning the forums for this, but I'm assuming someone knows who the full permanent squadmate list is. I saw one a few weeks back but wasn't sure if it had been updated. If anyone knows for sure, I wouldn't mind a spoilered list. I have the ME3 Art Book but haven't read past a certain page that my roommate told me to avoid, but there's some stuff in there that would indicate perhaps certain people? Including a couple really surprising characters.

In short, I'm trying to get any disappointment out of the way so I can just go into the game knowing what I can and can't do.
    Kaidan/Ashley
    Liara
    Garrus
    Tali
    Vega
    EDI
    Brothean

PNk1Ml4.png

Aldrin is great. I'm glad they even managed to give him a small speaking role in the game.

He's also Shepard's great great grand father.

Afterall, he's a war hero, space explorer, and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU

Hates reporters!

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I don't think there's any need for an update. As far as I know, the list that's been going around for a few months is correct. ...god, I want this game to come out already.

• OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Oddfish wrote: »

Kaidan/Ashley
    Liara
    Garrus
    Tali
    Vega
    EDI
    Brothean

Thankya.

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Buzz Aldrin is a legitimate, real life hero.

Sometimes I think hero as a title has become diluted in modern society. It's used for everything, people can heroically do the most mundane things.

But Buzz Aldrin is a motherfucking hero.

When he dies, there had better be a fucking state funeral. Him and Neil Armstrong are the greatest living Americans, by far.

edited March 2012
    so have people been checking out the ME2 daily news now that it is back and running again? I haven't seen much discussions bout it but the updates have all been super interesting.
    posts so far:
    ANN Chirper Feed Update

Delayed Collider Now Online
    “Susskind Supercollider experiments on Calabi-Yau manifolds; results “promising,” say physicists.”

New Year’s Eve Ball Found
    “Stolen New Year’s Eve ball found intact on Citadel. Note from thief Quarn: “C-Sec needs funds. You can get anything onto this station.””

Citadel Ship Shot Down Over Garvug
    “Official ship for Citadel Committee on Paleotechnology shot down over Garvug. Data files on Prothean inventions could be in criminal hands.”
    Contact lost with batarian homeworld
    Khar’Shan communication gone dark. Batarian economy cut off from colonies. Hegemony: “Comm buoy disruption due to solar output.”
    Khar’shan comm buoy outage continues
    Buoys at batarian homeworld still down. Governor of Camala colony: “We know the Alliance has stealth vessels. This is obviously an attack.”
    Batarians flee hegemony space
    Exodus cluster relay jammed by batarian ships. Alliance: “Now that the comm buoys are offline, the batarians are fleeing their government.”
    Alliance News Network: Please stand by
    ANN Earth is experiencing comm buoy difficulties. Please stand by.
    They are starting to tell quite the little story here.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Cerberus Daily News is awesome. I hope they keep it going for at least a year with all kinds of little stories about the war with the Reapers.

• SkemmdurSkemmdur Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    They are starting to tell quite the little story here.

If they don't put any more up after the 'Experiencing comm buoy difficulties...' one, that would be just about perfect.

Skemmdur on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    It would actually be incredible if they just 404d the daily news site.

Well yeah, but we know there are still reporters like Allers that are plot important. Probably there will be some kind of coverage of war events.

• LordOfTheCheeseLordOfTheCheese BF3: Scyleric Registered User regular
    I don't know if this has been posted here or not. I am able to download the soundtrack from the social.bioware site with the digital CE through Origin being attached to my account.

• Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    After playing the Turian all the way to lvl 20, I decided to give the human sentinel a try. Losing Overload does suck but now I get to laugh evily every 1.5 seconds as I crush an enemy against a wall/roof/floor/endless fall. Even with Tech Armour's cooldown Thrown comes back ridiculously fast.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
This discussion has been closed.