As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Many thanks to a classy @Partizanka who gifted me Vampire Bloodlines. Gonna fire it up after dinner since I got my studying done.

It took me a couple of hours to get it actually, you know, running, but I've already loved what little I've played so far.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    anoffday wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Renegade Ops is pretty cool, great if you love old school overhead shooters but only 4 unlock slots is bullshit.

Renegade Ops looks really cool, but I always thought it was a FPS for some reason. Hearing it's an overhead shooter makes me a little more interested in it. What are these unlock slots for? Weapons or something?

Yeah there's 3 trees for upgrades

Defense (health boost)
    Offense (secondary boost)
    Tech or something I forget its name (unique boost)

Best tree probably tech tree for your characters unique ability.

Unique abilities are pretty cool too, one character has an emp, one has an air strike, stuff like that.

Edit- what captaink says, and thanks cap, I was trying to think of Jackals name to describe it to a friend but couldn't remember it.

SkutSkut on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    If you ever played Jackal on the NES, it is basically that, but more awesome.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm finding EMP is best for solo play on hard, at least so far. Relatively fast to recharge, and disables the heavy hitters whilst you take them down.

Most of the other stuff is awesome too, but tend to either leave you exposed, prevent attacking, or have a much longer cooldown. Which is why I could see them working better in coop.

subedii on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote:
    Many thanks to a classy @Partizanka who gifted me Vampire Bloodlines. Gonna fire it up after dinner since I got my studying done.

It took me a couple of hours to get it actually, you know, running, but I've already loved what little I've played so far.

Do I need a mod or something??

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Just a patch. Make sure you patch it, the game is notoriously buggy.

Apparently the forums are going down soon, so I'm gonna ask before they do: anyone want to pay days roughly 5 hours from now?

• striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    I would absolutely pay some days as I have only played solo to-date but have had a few brews tonight. Y is it ppl always ask to play when I have had a few:). If don't mind a not so sober player feel free to send me a msg

steam_sig.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    I would absolutely pay some days as I have only played solo to-date but have had a few brews tonight. Y is it ppl always ask to play when I have had a few:). If don't mind a not so sober player feel free to send me a msg

Surely you can sober up in the 5 hours it will take me to get home from work.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    On the topic of the wonderful Night Sky's horrible fullscreen mode. I'm beta testing an HD version of the game. It's not a problem any more. It looks great.

I don't know if it's going to be a separate product or an update to existing copies of the game. But yeah, figured I'd put that out there.

The game was in the Humble Bundle 4 and along with the Steam key for the regular version they put up a link for a downloadable HD version as well. I'm not sure if it's the same version that you are testing but anyone who bought it should still be able to access it. Anyway, my guess is that it will be an update to the current version.

camo_sig2.png
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    oakke wrote: »
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Backlog progress. This week I finished The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. What a weird ending btw, hope they don't screw it up in the 3rd game.
    Guys I just watched Serenity and I can't wait to see what Mal and the crew get up to next!

Many years later, and this still makes me sad :(

...man, they should totally make a Firefly game.

So depending on your tolerance for fanfic, one of my favorite authors wrote a Firefly novella.

http://dreamcafe.com/firefly.html

It's weird because he's a professional novelist, but it's not an official product.

YMMV.

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Backlog progress. This week I finished The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. What a weird ending btw, hope they don't screw it up in the 3rd game.
    Guys I just watched Serenity and I can't wait to see what Mal and the crew get up to next!

So depending on your tolerance for fanfic, one of my favorite authors wrote a Firefly novella.

It's weird because he's a professional novelist, but it's not an official product.

YMMV.

Man, fanfic is so weird and lame.

...he said as he poured a glass of whiskey and intently read the prologue.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »

Surely you can sober up in the 5 hours it will take me to get home from work.

No guarantees on that:) But msg anyways if you want. I actually tend to be semi competent at shooting things even when a bit buzzed:) Communication is another thing:) It will be late here so probably would only be for a hour or 2 anyways.

steam_sig.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Is iBomber any good?

Also, what is Anno 2070? I see that game pop up on Steam all the time as a featured game but I have no idea what it even is.

• ParielPariel Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

YMMV.

Man, fanfic is so weird and lame.

...he said as he poured a glass of whiskey and intently read the prologue.

I've downloaded it for future enjoyment with whiskey (the Jack is out of arm's reach). I will really regret not doing work for tomorrow (oh, being a college senior, how I love thee).

Pariel on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    CURSE YOU DRAFTS
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is iBomber any good?

Also, what is Anno 2070? I see that game pop up on Steam all the time as a featured game but I have no idea what it even is.

Its a semi-futuristic city builder game that fucking needs to go on sale already.

I believe it has some measure of Ubi's stupid DRM though.

Docshifty on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Work a crab in their with some tartar sauce and you've g
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is iBomber any good?

Its a semi-futuristic city builder game that fucking needs to go on sale already.

I believe it has some measure of Ubi's stupid DRM though.

Yessir. Online activation + three activations max.

Incidentally, there was a time when changing your graphics card counted as an installation.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14801

Donnicton on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Well I just built a new PC from scratch, so the DRM thing isn't a big deal to me since I won't be changing PCs anytime soon. Of course, I'm also not going to buy Anno at 50 dollars. I'll wait until the Super Summer Sale, or even the Christmas sale if I have to.

And what about iBomber? Is it a decent tower defense game for the 6.99 bundle pack?

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

YMMV.
    Brust? What did I think it was Scott lynch who did that fan fic thing?

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Cold Strike campaign for Renegade Ops is kinda short, just 3 stages but 3 awesome stages.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Welp, Skyrim failed me yet again in that two separate quests bugged out and wouldn't let me complete them. So I got Recettear! Any tips for starting? Phat loots I can sell to unsuspecting silly people?

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Welp, Skyrim failed me yet again in that two separate quests bugged out and wouldn't let me complete them. So I got Recettear! Any tips for starting? Phat loots I can sell to unsuspecting silly people?
    IGNORE. TEAR. Try to get near pins or exact pins on everyone. Don't try to haggle ever.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Ignore all advice and play how you want to play, even if you can't make the payments. Following the EZ mode guide is an awesome way to get tired of this game super fast.

camo_sig2.png
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    IGNORE. TEAR. Try to get near pins or exact pins on everyone. Don't try to haggle ever.
    This!
    Happy customers are spendy customers

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    edited March 2012
    Ignore all advice and play how you want to play, even if you can't make the payments. Following the EZ mode guide is an awesome way to get tired of this game super fast.
    No. You do that so you can get though the time limit section of the game quickly so you can actually dungeon crawl in peace.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • NateVaderNateVader Registered User regular

Don't follow or even read the tips for how to easily game the...game. It pretty much ruined the game for me.

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Damn, I just saw that free pay day weekend end tomorrow morning, not this morning. I would have been all over that today.

edit:
    What comes before Cantelope? Classiness named @AnteCantelope
    And now I don't have to wait for my new debit card to arrive so I can Pay more Days

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Anyone playing Vessel? I'm stumped trying to get the protoplasm in this screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aaronflint/screenshot/522654875694675400?tab=public

It seems like I should be able to shove a seed through the vent on the right down in to the basin but it just won't go. I'm not sure that would even help honestly. Any help?

B6yM5w2.gif
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Asking here because I've seen a few people talking about it. Space Rangers games are on sale at Gamersgate. Is there any reason to get 2, or should I just get reboot? First game worth a look at all?

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    I just bought Reboot, seems to run fine without the base game even though in the installer it calls itself an 'addon.'

B6yM5w2.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Other Source games work fine, I take it?

Episode 2 works fine. Finding tons of google hits for the exact same issue, with zero solutions. :x

edit: get me my old smileys back!

Echo, I had the same exact problem but I fixed it by deleting the local data and downloading the entire thing again. I've been in an out of the thread on spotty internet, but I wasn't sure if you had tried this yet.

Yeah, did that too - still no success. Next step: delete local content, then wipe every trace of Portal 2 from the registry etc before redownloading it.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    There's some decent sales on GG right now. Painkiller Redemption may not be that great of a game, but for 1.50 I'll give it a shot.

There's some other stuff too. Is Majesty 2 any good? They have the collection for 5 bucks.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    There's some decent sales on GG right now. Painkiller Redemption may not be that great of a game, but for 1.50 I'll give it a shot.

There's some other stuff too. Is Majesty 2 any good? They have the collection for 5 bucks.
    Redemption is probably one of the better painkiller sequels, But that's basically like saying, Well, this infectious disease isn't the PLAGUE.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Assassin's Creed 2 is defeated! That was a really fun game and I think it sold me on the serious. Brotherhood is definitely on my list for the Summer Sale. Now to figure out what to play next. I think I might knock out the DLC content for Defense Grid and Orcs Must Die. Something quick and easy.

camo_sig2.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Redemption is probably one of the better painkiller sequels, But that's basically like saying, Well, this infectious disease isn't the PLAGUE.

I noticed there are some others just as cheap. I found Painkiller Black too. That's the first one, right? With an expansion maybe?

I noticed there are some others just as cheap. I found Painkiller Black too. That's the first one, right? With an expansion maybe?
    Yes. Painkiller black is the original with the Battle Out of Hell expansion. It's also the only good one.

M A G I K A Z A M

Yes. Painkiller black is the original with the Battle Out of Hell expansion. It's also the only good one.

Ok, that's on sale too. Sold.

How could this not be fun?

2n6b2gz.jpg

Ok, that's on sale too. Sold.

How could this not be fun?

2n6b2gz.jpg
    That's loony park. That's one of the expansion levels.

It's also one of the bad levels of the expansion.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Damnit heenato.

I don't believe you. That has to be fun.

Damnit heenato.

I don't believe you. That has to be fun.
    It can be fun, if you completely and utterly ignore the condition to get the tarot card.

And then it's only slightly more fun because RAIL SHOOTERS!

M A G I K A Z A M
  • LastAndroidLastAndroid Registered User regular
    harvest wrote: »
    Anyone playing Vessel? I'm stumped trying to get the protoplasm in this screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aaronflint/screenshot/522654875694675400?tab=public

It seems like I should be able to shove a seed through the vent on the right down in to the basin but it just won't go. I'm not sure that would even help honestly. Any help?
    Try to think of how you can pull the water from the basin along the ceiling.
    At first I thought a seed would work, but they don't suck enough.

This discussion has been closed.