As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Pre-PAX Fried Food Extravaganza III (Thursday lunch)

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
Are you going to be in Boston at lunchtime on Thursday? Do you enjoy cheap, greasy foods? Do you like socializing with PAXers?

Then join us for lunch!
This was started last year by MelesMeles. As he has joined the ranks of [E] and is devoting his time to them, he will not be organizing it this year. So I am!

What: On nom nom
Where: Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall (seating area is in the middle of the market, then head upstairs to the movable tables)
When: Thursday, 1:30pm. At 2:30, we'll be making an excursion for pastries.

Market's PDF Directory
Mike's Pastries

Interested? Questions? Comments? Let me know! (No hard and fast signups required; you can just show up. People on the MMT need not express interest as this will be our lunch spot.)

Interested Parties
azuravian & family
Creamsteak
FearlessTeacher
jdixon1972
Insanedeth
Moe Fwacky
theauthorm
XX55XX

The Magical Mystery Tourists!

2011-03-10-12h18m35.jpg

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Yay for @Punzie! Yay for PPFFEIII! Yay for @MelesMeles! Yay for MMT! Yay for PAX!

7B14287.png
  • InsanedethInsanedeth Registered User regular
    Posting to track updates. I will be in Boston on Thursday and am interested in consuming terribly greasy food that is delicious.

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    My plane lands at 2pm. :(

I'd love to join if you guys are still there, elsewise I guess I can eat alone.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    My plane lands at 2pm. :(

I'd love to join if you guys are still there, elsewise I guess I can eat alone.

I'm fairly certain we'll at least be in the area. PPFFE is usually followed by a trek to the North End for Mikes Pastry.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    I would be interested if it was ~1 pm or later, though I was planning for my first lunch to be at Whisky Priest so-far.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    It's likely (but not definite!) that lunch will be 1-2pm and at 2 we will go for sugary goodness at Mike's Pastry. Again, it depends on how the MMT schedule comes out. Regardless of the actual time, we WILL be going to Mike's right after lunch.

HI3789R.png
    My plans are up in the air after 3pm. I figure it'll take me till at least then to get to my hotel and drop my bags before heading out to enjoy Boston.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Definitely in!

AN9buWz.png
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    I am a badger, and I approve this message.

• danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    there is a place there in Quincy Market that is BOMB it is called MMMMMac and Cheese. Soo GOOD!

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    there is a place there in Quincy Market that is BOMB it is called MMMMMac and Cheese. Soo GOOD!

Oddly, I couldn't stand them.... I'm kinda surprised you guys don't swarm the South Street Diner though.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    Kiashien wrote: »
    I'm kinda surprised you guys don't swarm the South Street Diner though.

I haven't actually been there, but I've heard it's on the small side. We took up about 1/4 of the upstairs seating area in the market last year. Plus there are more options at the market and we are not overloading a single vendor or waitstaff.

HI3789R.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    We should retitled this thread "The Fatty McNomNom Thread".

Just because it's too good a name to not use.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Kiashien wrote: »
    I'm kinda surprised you guys don't swarm the South Street Diner though.

I haven't actually been there, but I've heard it's on the small side. We took up about 1/4 of the upstairs seating area in the market last year. Plus there are more options at the market and we are not overloading a single vendor or waitstaff.

It IS a little small. I'd say it seats maybe 40, including the outside seats. That's probably a decent reason, I suppose :)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    I added a list of interested parties to the OP. Of course you aren't required to show up. KellyShepard087, I left you off because I'm pretty sure we'll be gone by the time you can get there :(

HI3789R.png
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I'd definetly be interested in this! I didn't make it in time last year, and if this is included in the Magical Mystery Tour, i'm down.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Hmm, I'm in town all day thursday. I'm down for eating fried things.

E6LkoFK.png

• FearlessTeacherFearlessTeacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Totally down for this!

FearlessTeacher on
    punzie wrote: »
    I added a list of interested parties to the OP. Of course you aren't required to show up. KellyShepard087, I left you off because I'm pretty sure we'll be gone by the time you can get there :(
    Yeah, that's probly best. :(
    Lesson for next time, buy plane tix for earlier.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Since the MMT schedule is finished and posted, I can say that our official start time for lunch will be 1:30. It's a little later than what I wanted, but that's just how it worked out.
    Lunch from 1:30-2:30
    Pastries from 2:30-3:30

I might also have some forum badges to hand out.

HI3789R.png
  • azuravianazuravian Dad, Gamer, Beard Owner Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    My family will be there. We fly into Boston at about 10:30am, so that gives us time to hopefully have early check-in at the Seaport. There will be three of us and we'll have trading cards available for anyone doing that.

Added!

HI3789R.png
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'll be at the fried food extravaganza! :) But I will not accompany you to pastry-time. Despite my love for cannolis.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I'm a local kid and I might interested in coming to this... If I am willing to skip two classes for the day.

• CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    I'm now able to confirm that I should (almost definitely) be able to make it. Flight arrives before 11, so I've got plenty of time to sort out things.

Added! Glad to see more people gaining interest. :)

HI3789R.png
  • EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Put me down! I'm a Boston local so I have no reason not to go.

Also, for those of you doing Pokecrawl, this might be a good idea if your tolerance isn't terribly high and you want to get through the challenges without being too drunk to function at the end of the night. Having greasy food in your stomach before drinking always mitigates the effects of alcohol, but you'll probably be drinking so much at Pokecrawl you'll still have a good time!

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • OhyOhy Registered User regular
    I would love to go, but I don't to Boston until 4:00 :\ That's me in the green shirt :D

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    Hi dudes. Sadsauce update. For some reason I got myself all confused on my schedule, and already have something booked for Thursday lunch (thought it was Wednesday.) Sorry I will miss you all, but hopefully I'll see many of you at the crawl later on! :)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Hi dudes. Sadsauce update. For some reason I got myself all confused on my schedule, and already have something booked for Thursday lunch (thought it was Wednesday.) Sorry I will miss you all, but hopefully I'll see many of you at the crawl later on! :)

Lost another one! DAMN YOU JUUJUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

7B14287.png
  • DJ LushiousDJ Lushious Registered User regular
    I'd love to join my fellow PAXers here, but I can't commit just yet. Is there a deadline for confirming/denying attendance to this?

• theauthormtheauthorm Registered User regular
    Sounds like a plan! Good excuse to bring my out of town guest to fanueil

I'd love to join my fellow PAXers here, but I can't commit just yet. Is there a deadline for confirming/denying attendance to this?

Absolutely not. Since we don't have a reservation or anything like that, anyone can just show up. :)

HI3789R.png
    Consider me going; I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow PAXers and filling my belly! :D

• Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    Just wanna say that I will be there and also wanted to bump the thread back on to page 1.

I've brought PAX friends! I am the nerd in the blue and grey sweater on the top floor. Say hi!