As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LOTRO] I'll see you on the other side. The Barrovian Society 2007-2014

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Tamorlane wrote:
    So after years of you lot making Moria sound like Dante's Fifth Circle, I've had to to abandon my quest to keep all my mans leveled together and bite the bullet. Having just now entered the mines, exactly how much of my soul should I expect to be crushed before I can pry this goat out of my ass?

If you get reputation with Thorin's Hall you can acquire a goat to use in Moria early (without having to pull one out of your ass I might add). Easiest way to do so is to murder dourhands up at Sarnur in Ered Luin. They drop alot of Thorins Hall rep items.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote:
    Cobell wrote:
    Entaru wrote:
    Cobell wrote:
    Entaru wrote:
    Alright doomy I sent you the scales with my request. I decided to go for the might cloak as opposed to the vit one because I could actually use might more. :)

Now all I need is for Z to log wallace on for my 2nd ager.

Just let me know when you'll be on and I'll try to be there (work can spring up at unexpected times).

Alternatively you could mail mats to Wallace.

Do you need anything outside of the worn symbol? I can get whatever you don't have laying around.

Edit: I sent the worn symbol. just send me a mail in game with whatever other mats you need and I will acquire them.

I'll need 1 cracked sigil and 5 legendary fragments. I got plenty of the calehednmandmfdsadhad ingots

Done and done.

Construction complete.

• Options
    TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    Yeah first time through Moria for me. Had almost a bag full of third age weps from Eregion that I couldn't do anything with so better late than never I guess.

Couldn't find the flashlight OR the parachute in the store, so I guess I'm well and truly screwed. At least I have this...goat.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Tamorlane wrote:
    Yeah first time through Moria for me. Had almost a bag full of third age weps from Eregion that I couldn't do anything with so better late than never I guess.

Couldn't find the flashlight OR the parachute in the store, so I guess I'm well and truly screwed. At least I have this...goat.

You should be okay if you have a goat. Just...watch that first step.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    You could get over to dolven view and get those 3rd agers dismantled too.

What level is your guy anyway? I have a level 53 character in Moria at the moment....

• Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    So, my Rune-Keeper is 39. I don't want to pay for the monthly sub right now, I have 1k turbine points. Which quest pack will get me to Moria.

• Options
    Quintessin wrote:
    So, my Rune-Keeper is 39. I don't want to pay for the monthly sub right now, I have 1k turbine points. Which quest pack will get me to Moria.

Moria's it's own expansion. Other than that, Eregion is the one that leads up to Moria.

• Options
    Oh, forgot to mention I own Moria. So Eregion will get me from 39 to Moria?

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    39 is probably too low a level for Eregion, I think it's more in the 45-51 level range. Forochel/Misty Mountains/Angmar are probably your best bets (I rank them in that order for how enjoyable the zones are). Those would take you to a high enough level to start doing Eregion. Looking at lotro wiki, it shows the lowest level quest in Eregion is 48th level, so you're definately going to want to get one of the other zones, I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is it going to be possible to get to Moria from 39 without subbing? I've only got 1k Turbine points, so that's like...1 quest pack.

• Options
    You'll need to get to lvl 46 or so before going into moria....

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh it's 46? I thought it was ~55. Would I get by at 46 as an RK, or am I gonna be hating life the entire time? I see Angmar and Forochel are 39-52, would one of those be good enough to get me through? I really just want to get into Moria at this point, with just buying 1 quest pack.

Quintessin on
  • Options
    I went in at about 46 with a champ. I was at angmar before that but I liked foro better.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for the LI, Z. It turned out pretty nice at top level. I'll only have to grind up one leg on it the rest came in pretty much as I wanted them to.

I did have to make a buff stick immediately as I was missing the 10% motivation leg on my new LI. It really helps my health pool.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    yeah, the motivating speach buff is mandatory. I have a buff stick that's like a level 53, but since I only really need it for things outside of combat, it's not really a big deal. It's kind of a flaw with their LI system. Once you get a buff stick the way you want it, it never has to be replaced. Since there aren't that many captain buffs you need to worry about, you don't really have to worry about the legacies being high ranked to begin with, since you can pretty much max them out with even low tiered legacies.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    Where is everyone at? i'm chating with myself again in chat, that shits not healthy, according to my doctor.

• Options
    RockyRocky Registered User regular
    Is Phenyhelm (Entaru) lotro famous or something? Was looking at acstm and saw this http://casualstrolltomordor.com/2012/02/episode129/

LOTRO: Hurindar Halimhar
    GW2: Hurindar
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I appear to be. (Yes, that's me.)

Seidkona on
  • Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Damn, nice Phen.

• Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    I appear to be. (Yes, that's me.)
    I feel so special being in the same guild as a celebrity

• Options
    edited February 2012
    JohanFlick wrote: »
    Damn, nice Phen.

Thanks, Jag and Hurindar too. I appreciate it.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Im wonderring if I should continue to try and rank up doom or get my alts levelled up.

• Options
    Im wonderring if I should continue to try and rank up doom or get my alts levelled up.

Until you see the fall out of the new PvMP changes it might make more sense to go the alt route.

• Options
    Two stand out notes from the update 6 patch notes on bullroarer right now. . .

Marks, Medallions, Seals, and Relic Currency are all now bind to account.
    Worn Symbols of Celebrimbor are now available via Skirmish barter vendors.

• Options
    I thought seals etc were non transferrable to start with. Oh well - nothing has changed for me then.

• Options
    I thought seals etc were non transferable to start with. Oh well - nothing has changed for me then.

It means that all those rewards are now accessible to all of your characters instead of just the one that earned them.

• Options
    This is a good thing. Less grinding.

Any word on what the worn symbols are going for?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?447591-PremiumWallet-Barter-items-in-wallet-finally!

I. . .

I might be done with this game.

edit:

1710marks /518 medallions
    OR
    2394marks /207medallions

for the worn symbol.

Seidkona on
  • Options

I forget what page it was on, but somewhere in that thread, someone said "I'm beyond expecting to be given anything for free at this point", and I completely agree with them. Not that I have much interest in playing right now anyway, but...

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Triple B wrote: »

I forget what page it was on, but somewhere in that thread, someone said "I'm beyond expecting to be given anything for free at this point", and I completely agree with them. Not that I have much interest in playing right now anyway, but...

I know. This one hit me in the gut for some reason and I'm not sure why. I guess I was just expecting it eventually because they kept talking about it as eventually something they were going to do when they first introduced the wallet. To have it come back as a paid option hit me from left field.

There has been very little in the store that I have complained about or even really felt was a poor choice and this is the second one in so many months. That sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I was probably being melodramatic about being done with the game, I think. I only said it because I honestly feel like I've gotten kicked in the nuts on this one.

Edit: it's not the price. I'm a lifer I'll have it in two months free. it's the principle of the thing.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    I can't say I don't agree with you. But.

1) Like you said, you'll have the TP in 2 months anyway., and

2) You could always do what I plan on doing, which is not buying it at all. :D

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Triple B wrote: »
    I can't say I don't agree with you. But.

1) Like you said, you'll have the TP in 2 months anyway., and

2) You could always do what I plan on doing, which is not buying it at all. :D

Yep, I think that one might be getting a boycott from me as well.

No matter how useful it really is.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    It seems no different to me than an inventory bag and those were the first 2 things I paid for.

• Options
    Update 6 goes live on Monday.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    might be a little late on this (also U6 on monday woohoo) but the premium wallet says "this offer applies to all newly created characters and must only be purchased once." does that mean everyone who has a character/account before U6 get's the premium wallet for free?

*edit*

After reading a bit more of that forum it seems that no, it will not be free. :(

Rocky on
  • Options
    I hope its a one off purchase like bags...

• Options
    I hope its a one off purchase like bags...

It is.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    oh my those warden changes. :o a ranged DPS stance and a melee dps stance on top of a fleshed out tanking stance?

fuck yeas

• Options
    The warden changes as well as the rune-keeper changes all look very good.

If I wasn't sure that there's now going to be a hojillion wardens running about I'd play around with mine for a bit.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote:
    The warden changes as well as the rune-keeper changes all look very good.

If I wasn't sure that there's now going to be a hojillion wardens running about I'd play around with mine for a bit.
    But that would no longer be a problem if our DPS is going to be decent enough to be taken along as DPS. Then you could run with 4 wardens in most entry-level content. Or just 2 in those newfangled instances, I suppose.