As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Has anyone that ordered on Origin received their BF3 code yet?

BF3 code?
    If you preordered using Origin before a certain date (When they pulled the promotional deal without any warning) you're supposed to get BF3 for free. It's also supposed to be nontransferrable, but if it's a code it probably will be anyway. The problem is that as far as I can tell no one has received one yet, and it's supposed to be sent out when the game released. The email I got said the 8th at the latest, but it's the 8th now, and I haven't gotten a thing. Gonna try Origin support and see if they have any word.

After that ending, I need to shoot mans to recover. Because damn.

AH, I see, I didn't hear about that.

Reading up on it, that was a US only promotion,so no wonder I didn't know.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Also I was unaware of this "multiplayer effects galactic readiness and influences the ending" thing.

I pretty much hate to see multiplayer effect the single-player game in any way whatsoever, considering it's been a single-player game to this point.

Like I said in the old thread, I don't really get that mad about it. What I don't like, though, is knowing this I'll get to a point where it'll be time to complete the game. I then have to save, go grind up my multiplayer stuff, and then resume. It doesn't flow right, to me at least.

Now, my plan is to just save, get my ending, and then play multi and load it up and do it again. Hopefully that works.

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    jimb213 wrote: »
    So has anyone talked about how Newegg shipped Madden 2012 instead of ME3? 'cause they did, and it's not awesome.
    We’re contacting you today regarding your recent purchase of the Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 game. It appears there may have been an error when fulfilling and shipping your order. We’ve received reports that some customers may have received Madden NFL 2012 Xbox 360 instead of the intended product.

To correct this error, a Customer Service Representative will be contacting you at the phone number provided by you within your account to arrange an advanced replacement, if necessary. The Representative will also arrange an RMA with a prepaid return shipping label. Please note that when arranging advanced returns, we do require a credit card number to be on file in the event the originally-shipped product is not returned. Please expect this call within the next 2 to 3 business days; of course, you may contact Newegg customer support earlier as well if you wish.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a courtesy, your advanced replacement game will be shipped via overnight delivery at no additional cost to you in the hope that you receive your game as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,
    Newegg Customer Support

But as a consolation, I watched a few more episodes of Game of Thrones last night, so I have that going for me. The commentaries are pretty great.

Not to get off topic in this thread, but I'm 800 pages into the third book. You have no idea what is ahead, assuming you haven't read the books. So good.

Edit: third book of the A Song Of Ice And Fire series, which is where Game Of Thrones comes from.

SkyTurnsRed on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The email I got said the 8th at the latest, but it's the 8th now, and I haven't gotten a thing. Gonna try Origin support and see if they have any word.

Please do let us know how it goes. Because even EA's official help page on the matter states that it'll be sent out on the 8th. And, if support tech gets all up in your grille, throw this at him/her: https://help.ea.com/article/Free-Battlefield-3-with-Mass-Effect-3-pre-order-offer-has-concluded

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Also I was unaware of this "multiplayer effects galactic readiness and influences the ending" thing.

I pretty much hate to see multiplayer effect the single-player game in any way whatsoever, considering it's been a single-player game to this point.

This isn't spoilery, but talks about number of endings and clarifies how multi affects it without actually spoiling anything about the endings, but spoilered just in case.
    There are 3 main endings. There's one tiny addon you get IF you play multiplayer. And I mean tiny. But the "best" ending is achievable without multiplayer. As far as I can tell, you only need 2800 rating for the "best" one.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Man, sending Madden 2012 to people expecting Mass Effect 3 is legendary trolling.

s7Imn5J.png
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    The email I got said the 8th at the latest, but it's the 8th now, and I haven't gotten a thing. Gonna try Origin support and see if they have any word.

Please do let us know how it goes. Because even EA's official help page on the matter states that it'll be sent out on the 8th. And, if support tech gets all up in your grille, throw this at him/her: https://help.ea.com/article/Free-Battlefield-3-with-Mass-Effect-3-pre-order-offer-has-concluded

Hey I totally never got my rifle and shotgun either. Phooey.

• RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Rannoch Spoilers.
    Damn, just damn. Facing a fucking reaper on foot? Shepard's got balls.

This fucking game man. I was worried for bit there, but actual peace between the quarians and the geth.....

Legion, though....

I got something in my eye....

blondeshep.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Talked to Origin about Battlefield 3:
    you:
    I preordered Mass Effect 3 while the free Battlefield 3 promotion was going on and it said I would receive that by the 8th. It's the 8th now and I haven't received anything
    you:
    so I was wondering when I'd get my BF3
    Amit:
    Hello SniperGuy
    Amit:
    I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Amit:
    I would like to say, please wait for some time if you are bought the game before offer ends.
    Amit:
    You'll definitely get your game.

you:
    Will that be today?
    Amit:
    Yes, it might be some delay due to any reason but you'll be get your game.

SniperGuy on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Man, sending Madden 2012 to people expecting Mass Effect 3 is legendary trolling.

I can't even imagine opening that box when it comes in the mail and finding the wrong game. Way too much anticipation to have that happen.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    you:
    I preordered Mass Effect 3 while the free Battlefield 3 promotion was going on and it said I would receive that by the 8th. It's the 8th now and I haven't received anything
    you:
    Amit:
    Hello SniperGuy
    Amit:
    Amit:
    I would like to say, please wait for some time if you are bought the game before offer ends.
    Amit:

you:
    Will that be today?
    Amit:

Man, that sure is some grammar by the EA dude there.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Minor non-story Geth mission spoilers:
    Tali gave me a pistol. I love the pistol, but every time I use a power (I'm an adept), it zooms in! None of my other pistols do this and it's kind of irritating. Is there a fix or anything? Does anyone else have this problem?

You didn't accidentally modify it by attaching a scope, perhaps ?

IIRC it actually came with a scope. But then I took the scope off and it's still doing it... (I also like putting a scope on my pistols)

Klyka wrote: »
    you:
    you:
    Amit:
    Hello SniperGuy
    Amit:
    Amit:
    Amit:

you:
    Will that be today?
    Amit:

Man, that sure is some grammar by the EA dude there.

"I would like to say, please wait for some time if you are bought the game before offer ends. " sure made me laugh.

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote:
    worthless krogan soldier

Blasphemy.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think the thing that gets to me the most about the ending is
    that you go on this epic quest to unite the entire galaxy and bring peace between warring factions...

and then everyone just gets cut off from each other anyway so it doesn't really matter.

RT800 on
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Honestly, the ending leaves so many questions open:
    No, seriously, ENDING SPOILERS WITHIN
    1) Why do the Reapers destroy all sufficiently advanced life when they return? Why not just destroy all the synthetics so that organic life can continue?
    2) Why do the Reapers leave? Why solve with mass murder what could be solved with education?
    2a) Or Indoctrination? Work out a lightweight way of Indoctrinating without the Huskification side-effects, and infest species' thought patterns to dissuade them from creating synthetic life?
    3) If the organic lives have been saved by placing them in Reapers (???) why are they so compliant with the Catalyst? That doesn't sound like being saved at all.
    3a) If they are 'saved', are they actually aware that they're destroying the modern organic species? Do they even feel anything about that? Again, how are they 'saved'?
    3b) Do we kill the last remnant of a species every time we kill a Reaper?
    4) Why does Shepard reaching the Catalyst mean that the Catalyst's plan has failed?
    4a) Why does Shepard get given control just for reaching it? What possible reason is there to assume that the organic life has the capability to make such a wide-sweeping decision, and why is this an option in this cycle and not the cycle when Catalyst was created?
    5) If you choose synthesis, what does that mean for the likes of EDI and the Geth? Joker gets glowy eyes but EDI looks unchanged.
    6) WTF Normandy crash landing. Just WTF.

There's more where that came from, but those are the ones going through my head over and over.
    1) Because the organic life would just rebuild the synthetic eventually, or something so like it it would make no difference.
    2) Because they're dicks who believe themselves to be the supreme life forms.
    2a) Because Indroctination, even a little bit, fucks you up yo. It involves nanites 'n shit.
    3)/3a) They are preserved. They continue to exist in a new form. "Salvation through Destruction", remember?
    3b) Yep.
    4) Because Shepard can make a choice. Because the Catalyst cannot stop Shepard.
    4a) Because every species improved upon the Crucible until it finally could work.
    5) Organic processors, presumably. Organic circutry, specialized organs, who knows?
    6) The Normandy crashes in every single game, it's just how shit gets done.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Aside from not getting something that was supposed to be included, you're not missing out on too much unless you play a class that has absolutely no concern for power recharge. The Argus rifle is amazingly heavy (maxed out weight), and the Raider shotgun is half-way decent as a bit of a novelty (it's basically a sawed-off, double-barreled shotgun: two shots before a reload and MASSIVE scatter).

Still, that's pretty raw that you didn't get the original Origin pre-order guns.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    that you go on this epic quest to unite the entire galaxy and bring peace between warring factions...

and then everyone just gets cut off from each other anyway so it doesn't really matter.
    Damn near every ship in the galaxy is together in Sol, with some of the greatest minds of a generation. They'll figure something out.

Erlkönig wrote: »

Aside from not getting something that was supposed to be included, you're not missing out on too much unless you play a class that has absolutely no concern for power recharge. The Argus rifle is amazingly heavy (maxed out weight), and the Raider shotgun is half-way decent as a bit of a novelty (it's basically a sawed-off, double-barreled shotgun: two shots before a reload and MASSIVE scatter).

Still, that's pretty raw that you didn't get the original Origin pre-order guns.

I played an infiltrator, so it's not a huge deal to me, but somewhat annoying. I got my hoodie and all that. Now to go back to ME1 and start a renegade Femshep!

Although (end spoilers)
    after seeing the endings I kind of don't want to. :(

Damn near every ship in the galaxy is together in Sol, with some of the greatest minds of a generation. They'll figure something out.

end spoilers
    Yup, dying from lack of food. Unless Earth is so depopulated that they can just inhabit that. Which doesn't help the various differently nutrient based species. Unless you got the Synthesis ending, then I'm assuming everyone gets solar panels built into their hair.

edited March 2012
    Toward the final confrontation it was kinda weird
    I took Garrus and Ashley with me when Harbinger landed to protect the beam. I was pretty sure they had both died.

I mean, we got blown up. The guy on the radio said everyone had been wiped out, Shepard was a mess, and none of them were with me when I entered the Citadel.

But then in the end scene of the crashed Normandy I see Ashley getting out of the ship. If Shepard was that fucked up and nobody else was even around, then what the hell happened to them?

RT800 on

end spoilers
    Yup, dying from lack of food. Unless Earth is so depopulated that they can just inhabit that. Which doesn't help the various differently nutrient based species. Unless you got the Synthesis ending, then I'm assuming everyone gets solar panels built into their hair.
    They'll figure something out. Probably something something mass effect fields something something.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    hmm, does the widow not go up to X? It seems to have disappeared from the weapons upgrade station at V.

Or do you have to get to a certain point in the game before you can upgrade your guns all the way?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
    hmm, does the widow not go up to X? It seems to have disappeared from the weapons upgrade station at V.

Or do you have to get to a certain point in the game before you can upgrade your guns all the way?

That's the single player maximum.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ENDING SPOILERS
    1) Because the organic life would just rebuild the synthetic eventually, or something so like it it would make no difference.
    2a) Because Indroctination, even a little bit, fucks you up yo. It involves nanites 'n shit.
    3)/3a) They are preserved. They continue to exist in a new form. "Salvation through Destruction", remember?
    3b) Yep.
    4a) Because every species improved upon the Crucible until it finally could work.
    5) Organic processors, presumably. Organic circutry, specialized organs, who knows?
    1) So just stick around and blow up new synthetic species.
    2a) So, presumably, would synthesis. If they can MAGICALLY synthesize every organic bit of life in the galaxy, getting indoctrination to stop people from building robots doesn't seem all that difficult.
    3a) That's not really existing is it?
    3b) Heh.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • dsplaisteddsplaisted Registered User regular
    I could use some help with two citadel quests:
    I'm supposed to go to a terminal to get information on a Hanar diplomat. I've read comments that this quest is slightly bugged. Where is the second terminal I have to go to?

Aria wants me to get support from 3 mercenary gangs for fighting the Reapers. One of them (I think the Eclipse one) was locked up in C-Sec. I talked to Bailey and he said she was crazy, so I went to talk to her. I decided not to release her, but now it seems like the quest is stuck. I can't interact with the terminal at the C-Sec station to talk with the merc leader again, or interact with the C-Sec officer who was there. Talking to Bailey or Aria doesn't give me any more options. Is this quest now at a dead end?

2850-1.png
  • Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    Aren't there bioware folks on this forum? Can't we get a weigh in here?

Inter_d wrote: »
    I think they've left. I would very much like to read a writer's explanation or justification for the endings.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So far I don't really know what to think of me3. In terms of shooting, it is by far the best game in the series and I really enjoy it for that. Also like the choices involved with the different war assets and how interesting they have made the core missions. But in other ways I am not finding this as enjoyable. They've made planet scanning and many side quests just pointless wastes of time, which do not seem to fit with the games dire situation - honestly am I really going to be space postman during the fucking reaper invasion?

Also really do not like what they did with a certain character immensely. Maybe it will grow on me after more play, but really not liking some of their decisions involving the characters in this game.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Inter_d wrote: »
    I think they've left. I would very much like to read a writer's explanation or justification for the endings.

Considering they get jumped on and called liars or have "news" sites take their comments out of context that get them in trouble when all they do is post their own honest thoughts in their own free time, I don't blame them.

Deaderinred on
    Quick question

semi-spoiler maybe but probably not
    If Tali/Garrus died in Mass Effect 2, do you get different crew mates for Mass Effect 3 or are you just 2 men down?

ENDING SPOILERS
    3b) Yep.
    2a) So, presumably, would synthesis. If they can MAGICALLY synthesize every organic bit of life in the galaxy, getting indoctrination to stop people from building robots doesn't seem all that difficult.
    3b) Heh.
    But the Reapers are synthetic too. So if they just cruise around screaming FUCK DA ROBOTS,and whipping up doods into an anti robot frenzy, some species is going to try to kill them. And as you know, the Reapers can be killed.

I liked the ending a lot, but I fully expect a lot of bitching about it. Hopefully it won't be on the level of DAII, though, because people act like that game dateraped their hamster on live television.

Aegeri wrote: »
    So far I don't really know what to think of me3. In terms of shooting, it is by far the best game in the series and I really enjoy it for that. Also like the choices involved with the different war assets and how interesting they have made the core missions. But in other ways I am not finding this as enjoyable. They've made planet scanning and many side quests just pointless wastes of time, which do not seem to fit with the games dire situation - honestly am I really going to be space postman during the fucking reaper invasion?

Also really do not like what they did with a certain character immensely. Maybe it will grow on me after more play, but really not liking some of their decisions involving the characters in this game.

Which character?

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

That's the single player maximum.
    Maybe NG+ changes that, because when I started one I got an Avenger VII.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Welp..i'm at 100% galactic readiness...guess i should try the single player..but the multi is so very good :(

I'm very sad they didn't include controller support on the pc, i mean, kbam is better but sometimes i like to play on the couch, and the code was already there with the 360 version, it owuld have taken so little effort to do. sigh.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    ENDING SPOILERS
    3b) Yep.
    3b) Heh.
    But the Reapers are synthetic too. So if they just cruise around screaming FUCK DA ROBOTS,and whipping up doods into an anti robot frenzy, some species is going to try to kill them. And as you know, the Reapers can be killed.

I liked the ending a lot, but I fully expect a lot of bitching about it. Hopefully it won't be on the level of DAII, though, because people act like that game dateraped their hamster on live television.

Too late

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    dsplaisted wrote: »
    I could use some help with two citadel quests:
    I'm supposed to go to a terminal to get information on a Hanar diplomat. I've read comments that this quest is slightly bugged. Where is the second terminal I have to go to?

Aria wants me to get support from 3 mercenary gangs for fighting the Reapers. One of them (I think the Eclipse one) was locked up in C-Sec. I talked to Bailey and he said she was crazy, so I went to talk to her. I decided not to release her, but now it seems like the quest is stuck. I can't interact with the terminal at the C-Sec station to talk with the merc leader again, or interact with the C-Sec officer who was there. Talking to Bailey or Aria doesn't give me any more options. Is this quest now at a dead end?

Keep looking around the Citadel on both counts

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in some multi right about now? Add me to your origin! (SanderJK)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Sneakman wrote:
    What's a shame is that you can actually get repeats of the rares.
    This is the worst part of the booster pack model. I don't mind having random unlocks, but don't let me unlock the same thing twice!

Looks like someone never played Magic: The Gathering or collected baseball cards before!

More like "looks like someone stopped playing Magic for a reason." :P

And I'm with him. I'd rather have the option to pay 100k credits for an unlock pack for a particular race/class and some related gear. I just want my Salarian Infiltrator. Until then I have to ChargePunchNova all day long. This is Bioware's fault!

Info regarding unlocks (spoilered just because, no story stuff):
    I have opened about 20 million credits* worth of Spectre packs, along with some other testing, and came up with some stuff.

1. Consumable items have no hardcoded limit. This means you can hoard an infinite number of useless Thermal Clip packs.

2. There are gold unlocks which will boost your in-mission carrying capacity of consumables. One unlock type for each consumable, and I believe they go up to 10. This makes solo MP trivially easy in terms of survival.

3. "Common" weapon unlocks, when attained via a Spectre pack, will boost the weapon level by +2.

4. N7 weapons seem to have an absurdly low drop rate.

5. Permanent upgrades/unlocks disappear from the potential item pool when you've maxed them out. When you start running out of unique unlocks, 4 of the 5 drops will be consumables almost every single time.

6. An infuriating exception to 5: character unlocks/XP will continue to drop even if said character is already maxed at level 20. Even if every single race/class combo is at level 20. No matter what. This means that your chances of getting an N7 unlock are only slightly less shitty once you've unlocked everything else, because you'll be getting tons of useless character drops.

*not a real spoiler
    EDI is apparently very good at predicting the stock markets on Ilium.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man...I feel like I've wasted so much money on stuff I don't need.

But you get so much that I don't really care.

Also...for the love of god Bioware.

Please...please update your store to have Soldier pack, Vanguard pack, etc.

Dragkonias on
This discussion has been closed.