As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• PinkysAvengerPinkysAvenger Registered User regular
    i say we still let chicks sign up.

this crawl cant have enough women involved

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

tumblr_ltr1tan2US1qen28k.gif

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Playing the numbers game sir?

In the past there has always been a great mix, however I wouldn't come with expectations involving anything like "hooking up" That isn't the vibe of the crawl at all, it's a very fun and friendly group, don't mix those signals. Maybe she wants to be your pokebro, but doesn't want you to poke-her-bro.(not to say that is what you mean by this, but just in case! It also gave me an excuse to use that lame pun)

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular

Playing the numbers game sir?

In the past there has always been a great mix, however I wouldn't come with expectations involving anything like "hooking up" That isn't the vibe of the crawl at all, it's a very fun and friendly group, don't mix those signals. Maybe she wants to be your pokebro, but doesn't want you to poke-her-bro.(not to say that is what you mean by this, but just in case! It also gave me an excuse to use that lame pun)

i have never laughed so hard in my life. I'm dying here.

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So....

How many people are going for the legendary dogs?

• ItsIanKItsIanK Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    So....
    I know at least 5 people on the crawl, including myself, who will be. And if the other 4 back out...they know who they will answer to! Unless of course they are dying early. In which case, they will be nursed and caudaled back to the hotel room safely. And harassed the NEXT day.

• dorkuprisingdorkuprising Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    Assuming it isn't murdering me, I intend to try for the dogs.

dorkuprising on
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular

PAX is not a dating service. This crawl can have enough women, and that number is 400, assuming that they all sign up before anyone who is not a woman does.

7B14287.png
    When were the challenges added?! I just noticed them. Soooooooo drunk. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm eyeing the dogs, but the chance that it may add up to four shots of whiskey to a challenge frightens the ever-loving crap out of me. MY LIVER.

I think if I just stick to what is listed for the challenges I would be perfectly fine. Anything more and it's a party! I can't wait.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • folkitfolkit Lucille Bluth is my spirit animal. FloridaRegistered User regular
    I have less than a month to prepare my liver. Bring it on.

• CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    I believe my friend is going to take on the dogs. I am opting not to this time around. Zerzhul might feel a little better knowing that.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    I'm going for the dogs. I'm not that bright.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Gah! Double post.

Kyuss on
  • MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    hey ummm...

there's a lot of pages of comments for this thing.

i'm completely uninitiated to this pokecrawl thing, and not a huge pokemon fan. I'd probably have a shit time, huh?

but the idea of a strong barcrawl before PAX proper sounds cool. last year i went with some friends and didn't really talk to a ton of people, but I wanted to remedy that. is there space left? is this the kind of a event for a newbie, or should i just keep it moving?

I went by myself last year and had a blast.

Unfortunately, teams are completely full. You can maybe browse the thread every once in awhile to see if people leave and stuff opens up, but it is unlikely.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • AmycusAmycus Registered User regular
    If any spots open up, I have myself and 3 friends whom would like to join, we would take any team. Time got totally away from us and nobody but me decided to check up on this =P

• MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    @redfield: thanks for the info. felt kinda weird about snapping up a spot anyway.

still...might do the scott pilgrim movie party thing instead.

• ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    I'm going for the dogs. Their legendary prowess shall be pinned to me by the end of the night. If anything Death will be jealous of my pin when I die from drinking that night.

• FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    oh. yeah. make sure i got one of those dog pins. cause i'm in it to win it. woof woof.

I think those spots in Blue gold should be opened up for those poor souls who didn't get a chance to sign up.

Oh wow. I didn't see how low Blue Gold was. Geez. More drinking for them!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Yeah he closed it off early because of the huge influx of blue and got overwhelmed. Hopefully we can spare a little more room for some people.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    First time crawler, so I think I will need a new liver after ... but worth it :P

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • JovaniSkyeJovaniSkye Registered User new member
    Well I've been unable to sign up until now, so... that majorly sucks ass. The one thing I was looking forward to. And all my friends got in. Lame.

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »

PAX is not a dating service. This crawl can have enough women, and that number is 400, assuming that they all sign up before anyone who is not a woman does.

Of course I get to come in on the other side of this argument and say that my girlfriend and I met during The Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament and I haven't been able to get rid of her.

Just sayin'.

• PinkysAvengerPinkysAvenger Registered User regular
    this is gonna be an expensive crawl. theres only one beer split between two people, and a shot of silver?? two if you're going for the dogs. those are gonna be, what, 12 a piece at least?

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    this is gonna be an expensive crawl. theres only one beer split between two people, and a shot of silver?? two if you're going for the dogs. those are gonna be, what, 12 a piece at least?

Shouldn't be any more expensive than any other year. There's 1-2 drinks per bar not including the bonus challenge. Because that's a bonus.

• MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Blue Gold is so small because we're so awesome, putting us to equal size with the other groups would be unfair.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

Shouldn't be any more expensive than any other year. There's 1-2 drinks per bar not including the bonus challenge. Because that's a bonus.

Plus the fact that you don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to. Nobody's forcing you to complete every challenge.

• yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular

Much like Project Mayhem, you determine your own level of involvement.

pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »

Of course I get to come in on the other side of this argument and say that my girlfriend and I met during The Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament and I haven't been able to get rid of her.

Just sayin'.

Well this is the third pokecrawl...perhaps Pinky will find himself a lady friend after all!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    So.... I had my spot, and now I don't have my spot, and it's all closed...

So!

What's a good bar to camp at? I'm not bringing the entire Guild of Calamitous Intent, just dragging along Jobi-ONE-Kenobi.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    I'm still hoping for a re-opening of Blue-gold so we can have a full group as well.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    If the Hard Rock is one of the bars again this year, I'd suggest that for Team Snorlax's bar. It was by far the most spacious bar on the crawl last year. At least, of the bars my team visited.

HI3789R.png
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I would say that maybe it's time for Snorlax to snaffle up the extras and get to camping! Let me just say that it's my THIRD pokecrawl and I STILL have very little idea who any of the monsters are except for the pictures and costumes I see on the actual crawl. Knowing about Pokemon is really not a prerequisite.

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    This is likely relevant to the interests of everyone in this thread: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoothy.pokemondrinkinggame

7B14287.png
  • PengKuiWeiPengKuiWei Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    So....

My brother and I are going for it... I hope we don't die in the process. I got the Mew badge a couple of years ago but I blacked out by the end of the night. I don't want to make that mistake again, so I'd better start training up my tolerance!