As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    There was a point in my playthrough where all of a sudden three different people wanted to see me in my quarters. It's kind of stressful to worry that you're one poorly-worded dialogue choice away from accidentally banging someone and potentially pissing off your love interest. Didn't happen, but it was kind of tense.

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    There was a point in my playthrough where all of a sudden three different people wanted to see me in my quarters. It's kind of stressful to worry that you're one poorly-worded dialogue choice away from accidentally banging someone and potentially pissing off your love interest. Didn't happen, but it was kind of tense.

"Many decisions lie ahead. None of them easy"

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I saved before each one, just in case I got a little too flirty.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Lux wrote: »
    Just met Kai Leng. How far am I into the main story? It feels odd that I"m already on disk 2.

...About 1/3.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

do people pay attention to the user score on metacritic anyway?

actually, from the comments on that article:
    The weakness of crowd-sourcing is that sometimes the crowd is full of fools

That's an absurdly low user average score for a great game. Hard to wrap my head around.

This is what people do on metacritic - tons of zeroes, largely coordinated to offset any user scores that are actually genuine. This has been going on since... well, since ever.

Are you the magic man?
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

I was weirded out when that
    Reporter chick started hitting on me all of a sudden.

Like that came out of nowhere.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

To quote a previous poster, the story is about sacrifice.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I didn't care. I just shot her ass down lickety split.

Same with the comms officer. You're cute, but Shepard's already taken.

This time. :winky:

Orca on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

No joke.
    Further in that conversation:
    She goes, "Oh! I'm sending the wrong signals! Time to leave!" And Shep's left standing there with the most painful case of Paragonballs ever.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    OK I've got a save file standing at the galaxy map, ready to (I think) trigger the endgame. Here's what I want to know, in as unspoiler-y a way as is possible, from someone who's beaten the game already:
    I've heard Shepard can die. This does not surprise me.

What does my EMS need to be in order to even have a chance of avoiding death?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • xtaxta Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    xta wrote: »
    how important is the 100% investigating/scanning all planets for each galaxy?

i haven't beaten me3 yet, no spoilers please, thanks
    Number of points you need for the best ending with no extra info:
    You only need like 3000 effective war assets for the best ending.
    cool, i have 5k with 100% readiness rating, and working on increasing my military strength

OK I've got a save file standing at the galaxy map, ready to (I think) trigger the endgame. Here's what I want to know, in as unspoiler-y a way as is possible, from someone who's beaten the game already:
    I've heard Shepard can die. This does not surprise me.

What does my EMS need to be in order to even have a chance of avoiding death?
    4000, if you do everything right and pick the correct ending. 5000 if you don't do quite everything right. You still need to pick the correct ending.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Where the heck is Kelly Chambers in ME3? I'm wondering now if I missed my chance to find her, 33 hours into the game.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • TellermanTellerman Registered User regular
    End Spoiler
    Did anyone else think that people were calling the Stargazer Buzz Aldrin because from his stance it looked like he could be yelling at the moon?

• Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Where the heck is Kelly Chambers in ME3? I'm wondering now if I missed my chance to find her, 33 hours into the game.

Apparently she doesn't show up at all if you didn't have the dinner-date with her in ME2.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
    Dashui wrote: »

Apparently she doesn't show up at all if you didn't have the dinner-date with her in ME2.

Sonnuvabitch!

Tellerman wrote: »
    End Spoiler
    Did anyone else think that people were calling the Stargazer Buzz Aldrin because from his stance it looked like he could be yelling at the moon?
    Uh...well, it is Buzz Aldrin...

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    End Spoiler

He's actually played by Buzz Aldrin.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Those are two very different numbers, in the sense that
    I have 3000 as SniperGuy recommends, but not 4000 as Orca recommends.

I may just wing it and accept what I've got coming to me, because multiplayer doesn't seem to want to work for me.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers
    I almost wish I didn't romance Tali after watching she and Garrus. It's perfect!

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I may just wing it and accept what I've got coming to me, because multiplayer doesn't seem to want to work for me.

The larger number earns you an extra 20 seconds.

Like I said, those higher numbers only matter for one of the possible endings. You honestly aren't missing much of anything if you go in with 3000.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

In my opinion the "best" ending unlocks with 2800 readiness and the ones that unlock above that are a bit worse, in terms of being emotionally powerful endings.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Orca wrote: »
    End Spoiler
    Oh I'm aware of that now, but I didn't recognize his voice at first and I just assumed it was a reference to this

Unrelated Ending Commentary
    I would so pay $10 for what felt like proper ending DLC maybe something to fix that last 4 minutes and from there I'd gladly settle for DA:O style Text with pretty backgrounds...

Bioware, why can't I quit you?

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i take it you folks are still discussing the endings and stuff

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    i take it you folks are still discussing the endings and stuff

Never stopped man, never stopped.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers
    I almost wish I didn't romance Tali after watching she and Garrus. It's perfect!

Yeah, that made me smirk when I caught them.

More ending stuff.
    So, I get why Joker would be trying to get the Normandy during the kill all synthetics ending (though not sure how he would know about it), but what is the point of him fleeing during the control the Reapers ending? He has this look of desperation to get away from the blue showckwave, but why? Would have no effect on EDI or him.

Though, now that someone else posted it, I can totally buy into the whole thing being a dream sequence by a dying Shepard.

My favorite part about that whole sequence was right after Shepard looks at himself bleeding, Hackett calls up and saying the Crusible isn't working. Then Shep, dying alone with one of his best friends dead beside him, slowly struggles to his feet and says, in almost a begging voice, "What do you need me to do?"

I felt so much pity for Shepard at that point, he spent so many years fighting and sacrificing and you finally think he could rest, but even when his life seems like it's over, he wants to know how he can help.

Brought a tear to my eye.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    I don't know how you people have beaten this game so fast. It seems like ending discussion started in force only about a day and a half or two days after it came out.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    End Spoiler
    Oh I'm aware of that now, but I didn't recognize his voice at first and I just assumed it was a reference to this

I would so pay $10 for what felt like proper ending DLC maybe something to fix that last 4 minutes and from there I'd gladly settle for DA:O style Text with pretty backgrounds...

I was actually struck pretty hard by how much better DA:O handled their endgame sequence than ME3.
    You actually see and fight beside and tactically use the allies that you picked, and the crew mates that cannot fit into your active party made cameo appearances as you assaulted the city.

Seemed like such a no-brainer to take those ideas and run with them.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    End Spoiler

I was actually struck pretty hard by how much better DA:O handled their endgame sequence than ME3.
    You actually see and fight beside and tactically use the allies that you picked, and the crew mates that cannot fit into your active party made cameo appearances as you assaulted the city.

I totally thought that's where this was heading, too. That's why I took so long on the war assests and galactic readiness stuff. I was really excited to do something like DA:O, then was let down when it wasn't going to happen.

Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers

More ending stuff.
    So, I get why Joker would be trying to get the Normandy during the kill all synthetics ending (though not sure how he would know about it), but what is the point of him fleeing during the control the Reapers ending? He has this look of desperation to get away from the blue showckwave, but why? Would have no effect on EDI or him.

Though, now that someone else posted it, I can totally buy into the whole thing being a dream sequence by a dying Shepard.

My favorite part about that whole sequence was right after Shepard looks at himself bleeding, Hackett calls up and saying the Crusible isn't working. Then Shep, dying alone with one of his best friends dead beside him, slowly struggles to his feet and says, in almost a begging voice, "What do you need me to do?"

I felt so much pity for Shepard at that point, he spent so many years fighting and sacrificing and you finally think he could rest, but even when his life seems like it's over, he wants to know how he can help.

Yeah, that really got me; although, the second time I went through it I really wanted a renegade interrupt along the lines of "Can't you even let me die in peace?" I know humanity needs shep but it seems like Hackett's not even honoring her sacrifice

Although there was a lot of sacrificing going on that day

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote:
    I don't know how you people have beaten this game so fast. It seems like ending discussion started in force only about a day and a half or two days after it came out.

I had the last two weeks on vacation, and may or may not have spent a significant chunk of time playing through. Perhaps I robbed myself of something by indulging so heavily so swiftly, but my impatience got the better of me; I needed to know, and I figured the longer I waited the more likely I was to stumble across a spoiler that would've annoyed me.

I loved the game. The ending... I may have to discuss with people in spoilers at length. I can't imagine it's a spoiler to admit there's some controversy brewing amongst the fanbase?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    spamfilter wrote: »
    Spoilers
    So a Bioware community manages says she interprets the ending as a dying hallucination.

That in addition to reddit thing above has given me a new theory.

We know that the two characters that step off the Normandy at the end after Joker is always your two squadmates who went with you on the final mission (unless you chose synthesis in which case it's Joker and EDI). What if they are you squadmates because they are hinting at the fact your squadmates carried your body back to the Normandy? That the ending after walking into the beam was all a hallucination. Anderson got there and pushed the button, not Shepard. And why it will be Shepard trapped in the Jungle. Because he's on the Normandy when it crashed, he was the next person walking off, they just didn't show it.
    I had this thought when the catalyst appeared as the kid that had been haunting you. It's entirely plausible since Shepard was going under next to Anderson, plus there was no reason for the elevator to take her out, and wasn't she in open space with no gear? However to me the whole, "LOL IT WAS JUST A DREAM" is about the most cliche bullshit anyone could pull and I really hope they didn't go that route.

MOBA DOTA.
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    End Spoiler

I totally thought that's where this was heading, too. That's why I took so long on the war assests and galactic readiness stuff. I was really excited to do something like DA:O, then was let down when it wasn't going to happen.
    That's what I was thinking. Since most of the game was so linear and bare bones when compared to the first and second Mass Effect, I just assumed that they had invested a lot more in the ending.

• Blinks77Blinks77 Registered User regular
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers

More ending stuff.

Yeah, that really got me; although, the second time I went through it I really wanted a renegade interrupt along the lines of "Can't you even let me die in peace?" I know humanity needs shep but it seems like Hackett's not even honoring her sacrifice

It's been pointed out before but it kind of needs restating. Right up until the elevator. Right until that very point. It's all perfect. It's just afterwards that it goes to shit.

Though ignoring everything after the elevator i thought the scene with Anderson was beautifully done. The music was perfect and the whole scene was just wonderfully well crafted.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    FightTest wrote: »
    Spoilers
    So a Bioware community manages says she interprets the ending as a dying hallucination.

We know that the two characters that step off the Normandy at the end after Joker is always your two squadmates who went with you on the final mission (unless you chose synthesis in which case it's Joker and EDI). What if they are you squadmates because they are hinting at the fact your squadmates carried your body back to the Normandy? That the ending after walking into the beam was all a hallucination. Anderson got there and pushed the button, not Shepard. And why it will be Shepard trapped in the Jungle. Because he's on the Normandy when it crashed, he was the next person walking off, they just didn't show it.
    I had this thought when the catalyst appeared as the kid that had been haunting you. It's entirely plausible since Shepard was going under next to Anderson, plus there was no reason for the elevator to take her out, and wasn't she in open space with no gear? However to me the whole, "LOL IT WAS JUST A DREAM" is about the most cliche bullshit anyone could pull and I really hope they didn't go that route.

Yeah uh
    I can buy it being a dream, but "everything still happened, but shep died and someone else pushed the button!" is somewhat silly. Then...why is it a dream?

edited March 2012
    Blinks77 wrote: »
    Gahhhh
    ME3 romance spoilers

More ending stuff.

It's been pointed out before but it kind of needs restating. Right up until the elevator. Right until that very point. It's all perfect. It's just afterwards that it goes to shit.

Though ignoring everything after the elevator i thought the scene with Anderson was beautifully done. The music was perfect and the whole scene was just wonderfully well crafted.
    That moment, along with Thane/Mordin dying, Ash in the hospital and a number of other scenes made me tear up. My girlfriend made fun of me, but she didn't know. Then the eleveator took us straight to Let-Down Town, in the middle of bad part of the neighborhood...

Extreaminatus on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Spoilers

I kind of hope they do if for no other reason than
    getting to watch the collective heads of gamers on the internets heads explode at the same time when the DLC is announced for the "real" ending. I shouldn't take delight in things like that but man I just kinda wanna see it happen now.

The sheer fury that will occur. The whole Day 1 DLC fiasco would be a drop in the bucket.

And everyone will buy it anyway. :lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Spoilers

I kind of hope they do if for no other reason than
    getting to watch the collective heads of gamers on the internets heads explode at the same time when the DLC is announced for the "real" ending. I shouldn't take delight in things like that but man I just kinda wanna see it happen now.

The sheer fury that will occur. The whole Day 1 DLC fiasco would be a drop in the bucket.

And everyone will buy it anyway. :lol:

Ending Spoiler
    Basically if you don't buy it you're not a person. Unless you have an awesome imagination and you're completely willing to make up your own endings for everyone I guess

As a side note: is there even content left in the threat for people who haven't finished?

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Spoilers

Ending Spoilers
    The two characters that stepped out in my ending were my romance (in my squad at the time), and the Prothean (not in my squad at the time). Could be a bug with the day 1 DLC, however.

This discussion has been closed.