As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Dice Exchange

rubikscuberubikscube BostonRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in PAX Archive
Polyhedral dice seek gamers for character generation, critical hits, and long tabletop roleplaying marathons.

Would anyone be up for trading sets of dice at PAX East? I know I have sets I wouldn't mind parting with for various reasons, but they might roll well for someone else. If people are interested we could pick an arbitrary time to hang out somewhere and do the whole trading thing or start a "leave a set, take a set" area.

rubikscube on

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I've got two sets I have no particular love for, wouldn't mind trading unloved die.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    I'd be up for trading a few individual dice. I don't really have a whole set of one type.

• Options
    malicious nerdmalicious nerd NYRegistered User regular
    I have some sets and TONS of individual dice I'm willing to trade! :D

PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
  • Options
    BeerNgamingBeerNgaming Registered User regular
    I'd do a dice exchange. I like the idea of it.

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'd be up for that! I have one set (pink and black) that I don't much like any more and a bunch of single dice I would be cool trading.

Edit: Never mind, can't attend. :(

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    If you want to make this a little more unique Chessex will run custom dice for you if you want. Usually it's a D6 w/ the 1 spot customized with a logo of your design. I did a batch once for dropping in geocaches.

• Options
    BlaineThPainBlaineThPain Registered User new member
    The custom Chessex dice are *really* nice. I got a bunch of White Scars dice made for my WH40k army, and was very pleased with the results. It wasn't too bad either, ended up being about $.50/ea since a whole bunch of people went in on a bulk order.

If anyone has metal/aluminum dice (or simply dice that look 'metal'), I'd be happy to trade (or simply buy) those.. I'm only really interested in D20s or D6s. (I know you can get a full set for like $25, but it's a waste since I only want two out of it...)

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    macrogeek wrote: »
    If you want to make this a little more unique Chessex will run custom dice for you if you want. Usually it's a D6 w/ the 1 spot customized with a logo of your design. I did a batch once for dropping in geocaches.

Pardon me for the minor threadjack, but on that note, does anyone else some custom PAX commemorative dice (perhaps with a slight markup to go to Child's Play) would be an awesome thing? It's too late in the game to do anything this time around, but It would be a pretty cool thing to do for next year (or Prime maybe) I think. I think It'd be a neat item to take away from the convention, and one that would probably get a lot of use too.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. I may have to look into something like this for a future PAX.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Figured you dice guys might be interested in this kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1929694110/artisan-dice

• Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    I will go through my dice and see what I could give up. I do love me some fancy dice.

• Options
    grifta67grifta67 SF, CARegistered User regular
    gespo89 wrote: »

Pardon me for the minor threadjack, but on that note, does anyone else some custom PAX commemorative dice (perhaps with a slight markup to go to Child's Play) would be an awesome thing? It's too late in the game to do anything this time around, but It would be a pretty cool thing to do for next year (or Prime maybe) I think. I think It'd be a neat item to take away from the convention, and one that would probably get a lot of use too.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. I may have to look into something like this for a future PAX.

I've often wondered why there aren't any official PAX dice. Like BlaineThPain mentioned, the custom d6 is very common. Almost every gaming convention in the San Francisco area has a custom logo, dated d6 each year and makes for a fantastic souvenir.

What can we do to get PA to team up with Chessex and make this happen?

-Sean

Prime '09, '10, '11, '12, '13
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    grifta67 wrote: »
    gespo89 wrote: »

I've often wondered why there aren't any official PAX dice. Like BlaineThPain mentioned, the custom d6 is very common. Almost every gaming convention in the San Francisco area has a custom logo, dated d6 each year and makes for a fantastic souvenir.

What can we do to get PA to team up with Chessex and make this happen?

-Sean
    Well, since it's a service they already offer anyways, it wouldn't take much. It would just take someone to organize it. I may have to look into it for the next PAX.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    malicious nerdmalicious nerd NYRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to trade dice I'll be at the trading card meet ups and the pre-gaming night in the westin lobby!

PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
  • Options
    BeerNgamingBeerNgaming Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to trade dice I'll be at the trading card meet ups and the pre-gaming night in the westin lobby!

I'll be there, too. If you want to do an exchange, let me know and I'll provide you a way to contact me.