As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Ball Z: The Online Card Game

dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Critical Failures
33vyah5.jpg

Lewie P's Stepdad gave me permission to start this topic to appeal to my fellow Penny Arcade fans who also happen to be Dragon Ball Z and/or CCG fans, so here goes:

The Dragon Ball Z Online Card Game (DBZ OCG) is a fan-made card game based on the original DBZ Collectible Card Game produced by Score and is played entirely online. The OCG has been up and running for a few years now. We currently have 8 sets containing over 1300 cards. Some of these are reprints from the original game, but most are fresh, new ideas put together by a successful team of former DBZ CCG players. We are still producing new sets (typically one every 4-6 months), and we have just released a new set based on some of the films.

The game is completely free; everything needed to play (the game program, all the card sets, and optional network connection service) are available in one simple download. We do not charge membership fees or require purchase of virtual packs. Every card is legal at all times, so there is no worry about anything being phased out into obscurity.

We regularly host tournaments for the game where participants can earn different prizes depending on the tournament. These prizes range from creating a card for the game itself to physical prizes (e.g. packs of cards from the old game, replicas of items from the DBZ anime). All players can also earn their way to creating a card for the game through our League Nights, which are a set night during the week for players to find casual pickup games. Pick-up games can be arranged through the site's chat room; there's always someone in chat to discuss rule questions, offer deck tips, and challenge you to a friendly game.

We also host a trading section on our website for physical cards from the original Score CCG. If players still have cards from the DBZ CCG or if they would like to acquire cards to start a collection, our tight-knit group of traders are welcoming and encouraging.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I look forward to you joining our community!

steam_sig.png
dresdenphile on

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Thanks for sharing the info. I was way into DBZ in high school.

Just a heads up, the url going up the side of your pic is missing an L ("dragonbal").

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Thanks for the catch. I'll have to take it up with the guy in charge of flyers.

steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I'll have to join up, I went to high school with some of the guys in charge of this at Score.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ohhhh shit.

I played the hell out of this, I got sent overseas to play it.

I will have to check it out.

Kelor on
    Very cool; we'll be glad to have you guys. Be sure to check out the forums on the site as well. Some of our staff run unofficial tourneys during downtime between the official ones. They don't earn you points, but they usually have different themes like "Under-used Main Personalities" or our version of sealed deck.

steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Sign up process has a typo - the challenge question says to type in the phrase with the quotes. I included the quotes, and was told I got it wrong. I tried it without the quotes, and it was right.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The game is completely free; everything needed to play (the game program, all the card sets, and optional network connection service) are available in one simple download.

I registered yesterday and I'm having a difficult time finding this one simple download. I thought it might have been "Dragon Ball Z Online Card Game - Complete (v8.1)" which was hidden in the expansion sets section for some reason, but when I tried to download it it said that it had been downloaded the maximum number of times. This is strange because it says "Downloads: 0" under the file name.

I am either trying to download the wrong file or there is some sort of error. Can you help me out?

I was getting that error too - I just downloaded all of the other sets individually, which I think makes up the Complete one.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    I've passed that along to the webmaster and the person in charge of the files. We had a staff change from the most recent release to the 8.1 patch, and MegaUpload shut down, so there were some changes that had to be made to how those files were structured.

steam_sig.png
    Our next tournament is starting soon, so feel free to sign up for a chance to create your own card for the game!

steam_sig.png
    Signing up tonight.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • KamiccoloKamiccolo Registered User new member
    dragonballzocg.com is starting up a new project to refocus the site back towards also supporting Score's old DBZ card game. We've created patches for the old game, using the same program the DBZOCG uses so everyone can now play Score's dbz card games online. We're also running an online tournament for the DBZ CCG starting on Wednesday 9th with up to $100 cash prizes that is free to enter.

Man, that brings me back. I doubt my Raditz Anger deck from Saiyan Saga would work too well anymore. Ah well...

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Set 9 has been released!

The release tournament begins on Monday, June 4th at 10 p.m. CST, so be sure to get your decklists submitted and enter for your chance to create a new main personality set!

steam_sig.png
    The first Tuff Enuff Event for the Unbound Release is starting on Monday, July 30th. Submit your deck list, and enter for a chance to create a card. Details are here.

steam_sig.png
  • DarceyRoqueDarceyRoque Registered User new member
    Hey Dresdenphile,
    I played Dragon Ball Z, it’s looking cool and easy to download also, well some difficulties I faced by playing this but I can be sort out that, well I also played Stop The Bus on Bgames.com, it also an amazing game.
    Well card game is such a good game that exercises our mind and made them sharper and sharper

Play online games To Enjoy your Lazy Moments