As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    fireflyboy wrote: »

No written/spoken dialogue at all. Get it!! It's awesome.

Oh, that's excellent then! And it saves me the runaround of having to order (or have my da send up) a US PSN card.

Let's see...it hits the regular J-store on the 13th, and payday is the 15th. It is indeed on.

*been really enjoying going back to simpler games like this and PJ:Sidescroller, after the 500hr slog that was platinum'ing Disgaea 4*

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Come on, who doesn't own Chrono Trigger on like 4 systems by now. :(

That is exactly what I was thinking when voting. Although guess it is for those who want it digitally now?

Which one was the God of War Origins collection, the first two PS2 games or the PSP games?

PSP

Both are good games. Ghost of Sparta is pretty fucking awesome. Both about 5 hours, tops.

Not really. Chains of Olympus is about 4 hours long, Ghost of Sparta is about twice that.

Ghost of Sparta has the worse story of the two and is mostly based around combat, with very few puzzles.

Chains took me 5 hours, Ghost took me 6. I like Ghost better because it mostly throws puzzles out the fucking window. Also because it has great graphics on the PSP and some damn amazing setpieces. And the combat is some of the most fun in the whole God of War series. I don't remember the story very much though, but I don't play GoW for the story.

Okay I took a look at my times and CoO was 4 hours, GoS was 6.5 hours. Both games looked amazing on the PSP, though GoS had the benefit of being a more recent game, so they had some better quality assets to use in the HD release. I've no clue what you're talking about with the combat though, as it was a clear downgrade from GoW3 (even though it came out 6 or 7 months later), the second weapon wasn't that great and it had a couple of enemies that I'd rate as some of the worst in the entire series (like the wraiths, who are untouchable underground).

Why wouldn't you pay attention to Chains of Olympus' story though? It was fucking awesome. That one bit in Elysium was some fantastic storytelling.

It's not that I wasn't paying attention, I just played it when it released. It's been a while. I do remember the part you mentioned, though. That was impressive. About Ghost's combat, I really liked the charged blades mechanic. It added another layer to the normal combat, and I was able to get into a good rhythm with it.

But yeah I think what we're trying to say is that both games are good and people should play them, either on PSP or PS3.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, while GoS may be my least liked GoW, it's still a good game. Compare it with something like Dante's Inferno and the difference in quality is night and day.

God damnit, I can't afford Journey till tomorrow. I think I'll go cry over my free copy of Trine 2.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    fireflyboy wrote: »

No written/spoken dialogue at all. Get it!! It's awesome.

Oh, that's excellent then! And it saves me the runaround of having to order (or have my da send up) a US PSN card.

Let's see...it hits the regular J-store on the 13th, and payday is the 15th. It is indeed on.

*been really enjoying going back to simpler games like this and PJ:Sidescroller, after the 500hr slog that was platinum'ing Disgaea 4*

whoa man

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

whoa man

w/r/t Disgaea?
    Well...they've got a heck of a lot of the trophies slaved up to a really unforgiving RNG. On the other hand, the leveling up and all isn't nearly as tedious as it was in previous games, or i'd have never gotten far enough in to consider running for the platinum.

Thinking about it now, i'm not sure if that's a point for or against N1.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    yea, thats a hell of a serious platinum to get. congrats on sticking it out, i know i would never even try for something that hardcore. i did skyrim and FO3 to 100%, i think thats as nuts as im willing to go.

IN OTHER NEWS: MOTORSTORM RC IS THE BEST GAME! seriously, some of you dudes pick this thing up so i can have some leaderboard bros. if you have even the slightest fondness for racing, RC Pro Am, or Ironman Stewarts Super Off Road get on this shit ASAP. i would make a thread but im pretty lazy.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote:
    IN OTHER NEWS: MOTORSTORM RC IS THE BEST GAME! seriously, some of you dudes pick this thing up so i can have some leaderboard bros. if you have even the slightest fondness for racing, RC Pro Am, or Ironman Stewarts Super Off Road get on this shit ASAP. i would make a thread but im pretty lazy.

All the posts like this about the game sways me more and more towards picking it up. One question before I purchase it, does it have "power ups" like RC Pro Am or modding like Super Off Road?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    from what ive seen there arent any powerups or anything at all. there isnt even a boost mechanic of any kind.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Wow, Journey is really fun. It's more of an "experience" game, i.e., great set pieces, stirring music and art. It is also a compact game, you'll finish the first playthough in a couple hours.

It is really about the journey, though, I played through again immediately after the first.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    On a whim I bought a year of PSN plus. I thought the downloads would become faster, I was wrong.

Let's see if it pays for itself. It's already saved me ~$6 only $44 to go.

OP: can we add PSN to the thread title? It took me forever to find this thread.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    PS+ doesn't advertise faster downloads (that'll never happen; seriously, what is up with that?!), but it is pretty amazing how it pays for itself in game discounts (and especially if you count the "freebies").

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    To me, the biggest benefit of PS+ is online cloud game saves. Which I think should be free anyway.

If that were to become free, I doubt I'd renew my PS+.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble purchasing stuff on PSN today or it just me?

Slightly related, is there a place to buy PSN credits digitally online like you can with XBLA points?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    update: motorstorm RC is going to drive me entirely insane. or homicidal, either one.

• Options
    Anyone else having trouble purchasing stuff on PSN today or it just me?

Slightly related, is there a place to buy PSN credits digitally online like you can with XBLA points?

I use Gamestop, since Amazon doesn't sell them. Gamestop will email you the code within 5 minutes or so. At least, that's been my experience.

• Options
    Vegan wrote: »
    PS+ doesn't advertise faster downloads (that'll never happen; seriously, what is up with that?!), but it is pretty amazing how it pays for itself in game discounts (and especially if you count the "freebies").

I wouldn't mind the slow downloads so much if there also wasn't a lengthy install process. It's process that XBLA has down a lot better.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Wow, The Drop is suspiciously early.
    PlayStation Network

Journey (PS3) – The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation Network titles flOw & Flower are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in videogames.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents a unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way. Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience — creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

Reality Fighters (PS Vita) – Delivering the most customizable fighting experience on the go, the world around you comes into the fight with Reality Fighters. Using augmented reality technology, take pictures of yourself and create your own personal fighter, complete with unique fighting and visual style. From kitchen tops to parking lots, the world is literally your arena as the stages you fight in are determined by the environment around you.

Bioshock 2 – Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the BioShock toolset to survive as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.

Warp – Warp is a unique stealth action game that feature a top-down sci-fi world with a distinctive art style, addicting levels, hazardous traps and challenging puzzles.

Time Machine: Rogue Pilot – Time Machine: Rogue Pilot offers a brand new approach to puzzle games genre taking the best from classic match 3 experience and combining it with the innovative hidden objects gameplay. Dozens of fascinating story mode missions and a special multiplayer mode that can be played with a friend online or on the same screen! Plus the game also offers several bonus modes — all of this coming along with dazzling full HD graphics, ambient background music and rich visual effects.

James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game – James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game is the official videogame based on the highly anticipated film James Cameron’s Avatar. The videogame will take you deep into the heart of Pandora, an alien planet that is beyond imagination. Gamers will encounter the Na’vi, Pandora’s indigenous people and discover other life forms the likes of which have never been seen in the world of video games before. When conflict erupts between the RDA Corporation, a space-faring consortium in search of valuable resources, and the Na’vi, gamers will find themselves thrust into a fight for the heart of a planet and the fate of a civilization.

Shoot Many Robots (Demo Available) – Shoot Many Robots follows P. Walter Tugnut on his mission to kill as many robots as possible after a factory begins to ominously produce killer robots. With an RV full of guns and beer, gamers will experience a four-player co-op run-n-gun side-scrolling RPG shooter filled with tons of weapon and item customization. Shoot Many Robots will also feature two game modes: Traversal, where players must progress linearly through a level, and Survival, where players fight against waves of robot hordes, delivering hours of robotic carnage and fun.

Phineas And Ferb: Across The 2nd Dimension (PS Move Compatible) - Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension is a fun-filled platforming and combat game where players can be one of eight characters including Phineas, Ferb or Master P as they use gadgets and combat maneuvers to defeat the evil Dr. D and his minions. In addition, the PS3 version features PlayStation Move’s motion controller compatible gameplay, giving the game a whole new level of fun and dimension.

PS Vita Demos

wipEout 2048
    Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
    Ridge Racer
    Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen

So, Non-Plus members finally get the chance to buy Journey, which will pretty much make the week for most people. Otherwise, a few things of note are some more Vita demos, Reality Fighters (which has a demo already; I haven't played because I can't get the thing to take a good enough picture to make a fighter with which to fight with) and Warp and Shoot Many Robots which seem pretty neat. Also Bioshock 2 as a full game download if that's your thing.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Vegan wrote: »

I wouldn't mind the slow downloads so much if there also wasn't a lengthy install process. It's process that XBLA has down a lot better.

Set up Automatic Update. It'll upload any viable saves (from the games that you've selected to cloud save), download patches/firmware updates, download anything in your list and automatically install everything you've got uninstalled. It's pretty handy.

• Options
    Is there no way to get a sneak preview of any DLC that will be arriving?

• Options
    Ring-a-ding, Update is posted!
    Playstation Plus

Discounted PS3 Games: Bioshock 2 ($14.99)
    Bioshock 2 Complete Pack ($20.99)
    Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension ($23.99)
    Call Of Duty Classic ($7.34)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ($14.69)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Bundle ($29.39)
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ($9.79)
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Super Bundle ($14.69)

Discounted Game Add-Ons: MotorStorm RC ELITE Vehicle Pack 1 (FREE)
    MotorStorm RC ELITE Vehicle Pack 2 ($0.50)
    MotorStorm RC Pro-Am Expansion Pack ($1.25)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack ($7.34)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package ($7.34)
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack ($4.89)
    Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack 1 ($4.89)
    Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack 2 ($4.89)
    Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack 3 ($4.89)
    Call Of Duty: World At War Map Pack Bundle ($12.24)

Full Game Trials: James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game
    Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension

Free Avatars and Themes: Cool Cat
    Stick Up Kid
    Top Dawg
    Mexican Skulls Dynamic Theme

Discounts: Bioshock 2 (PS Plus Price: $14.99)

Bioshock 2 Complete Pack (PS Plus Price: $20.99)

Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension (PS Plus Price: $23.99)

PlayStation Store Events –
    More With Plus
    : Spring Fever Event – 3/13 – 4/3
    Updates

Grandia (Price Drop) (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
    Saints Row: The Third – Money Shot Pack (Price Change) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $2.99)
    Sam And Max – The Devil’S Playhouse – Full Season (Price Change) (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
    Myst (Price Change) (PS3) (now $12.99, original price $19.99)
    Dead Block (Price Change) (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    SkyDrift (Price Change) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)

-(Vita) Reality Fighters ($26.99)
    -(Vita) Ridge Racer ($24.99)
    -(Vita) Demos for Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, Wipeout 2048, Ridge Racer 2011 E3 Interactive Demo, Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen

-(PS3) Journey ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Warp ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Time Machine: Rogue Pilot ($6.99)
    -(PS3) Shoot Many Robots ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Bioshock 2 ($19.99)
    -(PS3) Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension ($29.99)
    -(PS3) James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game ($19.99)
    -(PS3) Demo for Shoot Many Robots

-(Bundles) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Complete Bundle ($41.99)
    -(Bundles) Mercury Hg: Heavy Elements Bundle ($4.99)
    -(Bundles) Bioshock 2 Complete Pack Bundle ($29.99)
    -(Bundles) Renegade Ops Bundle ($17.99)

So, there it is. Before I am tempted to post "Don't Stop Believin'" in some form, I'll just leave the post as is.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Grandia for 6 bucks is about right.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    No PSP discounts. That is disappointing.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Damn Journey was short.
    Damn Journey was amazing.

• Options
    Also, I feel kind of compelled to point this out to anyone hoping to get a free taste of Ridge Racer.
    Ridge Racer 2011 E3 Interactive Demo
    First shown at E3 2011, the RIDGE RACER interactive demo allows you to alter the visuals and music of the RIDGE RACER universe in real-time through buttons and touch controls.
    ESRB rated E10+
    File size 70 MB

That, uh.....that is a thing.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Another week after the Vita is out, another week without a good digital PSP game sale.

• Options
    A couple of days ago the SCEE Blog posted an enormous list of PSP titles that will be receiving permanent price drops pretty soon, including (with asterisks indicating Vita compatibility):
    Ace Combat Joint Assault*
    ARMORED CORE 3 Portable*
    ARMORED CORE LAST RAVEN Portable*
    ARMORED CORE SILENT LINE Portable*
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2*
    Blazeblue Calamity Trigger Portable*
    Corpse Party*
    DYNASTY WARRIORS*
    DYNASTY WARRIORS VOL.2*
    Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce*
    GODS EATER BURST*
    Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus*
    Lunar: Silver Star Harmony*
    METAL SLUG XX*
    MYTRAN WARS*
    Samurai Warriors: State Of War*
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Full Game*
    THE WARRIORS*
    TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND*
    Warriors Orochi*
    Warriors Orochi 2*
    Ys I & II Chronicles*
    Ys SEVEN*
    Ys: The Oath in Felghana*

There seem to be some others that'll drop too, as one of the comment replies mentions that FFIV Complete should be included this week as well.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    What's the "More with Plus" Spring thing?

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Here's this weeks "Just fucking buy Journey" PAL Update.
    PS Plus
    Shoot Many Robots - 20% Discount for 1 week

Motorstorm RC Pro-Am - 50% Discount

PS3 Games
    Bioshock 2 Complete Pack - (£23.99/€29.99/AU$49.95) 14GB

FIFA Street (releases Friday 16th) - (£49.99/€69.99/AU$109.00)

Journey (Midnight Launch) - (£9.99/€12.99/AU$19.95) 591MB
    Not available in IL, KW, SK, TR, UA

Shoot Many Robots (Trial & Unlock) - (£7.99/€9.99/AU$15.95) 756MB

Warp (Trial & Unlock) - (£7.99/€9.99/AU$15.95) 1.2GB
    Trial not available in DE

Downloadable Content

New DLC available for:

(PS3)
    Disgaea 4 (Not available in DK, FI, NO, PL, SE)
    Dynasty Warriors 7 & Xtreme Legends (Not Available in NZ)
    Fifa Street
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (Not available in DK, FI, NO, PL, SE)
    LittleBigPlanet
    Motorstorm RC (Vita cross compatible)
    Renegade Ops
    Rock Band 3 & RB Network (Not available in HR, CZ, GR,HU, IN, IL, KT, LU, PL, RU, SA, SI, ZA, TR, UA, AE)
    Saint Seiya Sanctuary Battle
    Street Fighter X Tekken (it's that Mega Man in case you're wondering and free)
    UFC Undisputed 3
    Uncharted 3

(Vita)
    Army Corps of Hell

PS Vita Demo
    Touch My Katamari

minis
    Canabalt - (£1.74/€1.99/AU$3.45)

Gold Medalist - (£1.99/€2.49/AU$4.25)

Reef Aquarium - (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.95)
    Not available in PT, RU, UA

Special Offers PS3
    Reductions for:
    ICO & Shadow of the Colossus (individually and collectively)
    Siren Blood Curse
    The Last Guy
    The Sly Trilogy
    Flow
    Flower
    Split/Second & Split/Second DLC
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Tomb Raider: Underworld
    Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition
    Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
    Lara Croft: Guardian Of Light
    Kung Fu – Live
    Supercar Challenge
    Ferrari Challenge Deluxe

Special Offers PSP
    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Split/Speed Velocity

Seriously though, buy Journey if you can.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Brainiac's money (or at least some of it) is Sony's:

215251.png

And it's coming out in 2 freaking months, May 16.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Speaking of things that are coming out, here's The Drop!
    PlayStation Network

Warriors Orochi 3 (PS3) – Warriors Orochi 3 combines the much loved heroes of the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series in an all new story that for the first time also features characters from Ninja Gaiden, Warriors: Legends of Troy, Bladestorm, Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll and Dead or Alive! The game also introduces the bond system, where the bonds between characters can be increased by interaction in banquets, fighting together as allies, rescuing struggling allies, and accepting then clearing missions in battles. Players can also customize existing scenarios and then share them online for all to enjoy, as well as rate those created by others.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Full PS3 Game) – Space Marine is a fast-paced third person action-shooter from Relic Games allowing players to don the armor of one of the emperor’s chosen in this battle for the very survival of humanity. Players are dropped right into the action as they battle to defend an Imperial Forge World from an invasion by the savage and brutal Orks, using the most devastating weaponry mankind has at its disposal.

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD – In celebration of the return of Rayman in Rayman Origins, the fan favorite Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc gets an all-new high-definition makeover (with 60-frames-per-second gameplay and worldwide online leaderboards) with this downloadable version of the adventure hit!

Sumioni: Demon Arts (PS Vita) – Set in ancient Japan and presented in a classical Japanese “sumi-e” ink art style, Sumioni is literally translated from Japanese as “ink demon,” and puts players in control of Agura, a single Inkdemon who has been summoned from a long slumber to help rid the land of a sinister evil. During their adventure, players will experience epic boss battles and a branching story with diverging arcs and multiple endings.

PS3 Demos

Birds of Steel
    Under Siege
    Rayman 3 HD

minis

SAR: Search and Rescue

So, couple of possible errors. Pretty sure WO3 won't be available this week since it was delayed, and Canabalt as a PS Mini is supposed to be going up this week. So, we'll see about those.

• Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hmm... I hope that Sumioni has a demo.

Edit: Oh, and also be on the lookout for Final Fantasy discounts.

Blandlytasteful on
    Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And Update post is live.
    Playstation Plus

Free Dynamic Theme: Journey Dynamic Theme
    Spring Fever Discounted Games: Rayman 3 HD (20% off)
    Final Fantasy Ix (50% off)
    Final Fantasy Origins (50% off)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (50% off)
    Final Fantasy V (50% off)
    Final Fantasy VI (50% off)
    Final Fantasy VII (50% off)
    Final Fantasy VIII (50% off)
    DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (50% off)
    Final Fantasy Iv: The Complete Collection (50% off)
    Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions (50% off)
    Updates

Ace Combat Assault Horizon A-10A Warthog (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Aircraft Skin Pack 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $11.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Aircraft Skin Pack 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $4.49, original price $8.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Aircraft Skin Pack: The Idolm@Ster (Sale) (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Asf-X Shinden II (Sale) (PS3) (now $3.99, original price $7.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon F-117A Stars And Stripes (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon F-14D Halloween Pumpkin (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon F-15S/Mtd (Sale) (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $5.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon F-18F Red Devils (Sale) (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Online Map Pack (Sale) (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Skill Set 1 (Sale) (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Skill Set 2 (Sale) (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Skill Set 3 (Sale) (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Su-35 Tekken Skin Set (Sale) (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Su-37 Terminator (Sale) (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $5.99)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Tornado Gr.4 (Sale) (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $5.99)
    Final Fantasy Origins Psone (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSone) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Final Fantasy Tactics Psone (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSone) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Final Fantasy V – Psone (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSone) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Final Fantasy VI – Psone (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSone) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Final Fantasy VII – Psone (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSone) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Final Fantasy VIII – Psone (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSone) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Dissidia Final Fantasy Digital (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSP) (now $13.99, original price $39.99)
    Final Fantasy Iv: The Complete Collection Digital (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSP) (now $20.99, original price $29.99)
    Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions Digital (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSP) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
    Coconut Dodge – Minis (Price Change) (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $3.99)
    Final Fantasy IX– Psone (Sale – Spring Fever) (PSone) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)

-(Vita) Sumioni: Demon Arts ($19.99)

-(Vita Apps) Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial

-(PS3) Warriors Orochi 3 ($49.99) (Bahahahahaha, fuck off, KOEI)
    -(PS3) Rayman 3 HD ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Ps3 Full Game + Elite Pass (GWP) ($39.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Birds Of Steel, Under Siege, Rayman 3 HD

-(Bundles) Resident Evil HD Bundle ($29.99)

-(Minis) Sar – Search And Rescue – Minis ($2.99)

So, pretty much exactly that. As Blandlytasteful said, there are some FF sales (like a week and a half after I bought WotL, of course), Sumioni for the Vita (unfortunately, it seems without a demo) and Rayman 3 HD. There's also the Resident Evil HD Bundle which I assume bundles RE4 and Code Veronica together.

• Options
    I got real lucky in that my free month of Plus code from the holiday bundle ran out next week and I had been waiting for the seemingly quarterly reduction in price on the FF titles.

Picked up 7,8,9 and might get one of the two hated FFT titles.

Unfortunately I finally had to add my CC info to my PSN account, also it doesn't seem to be any obvious place on the Store on the PS3 to cancel one's Plus subscription, any advice?

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Not sure where to cancel Plus, but removing the card from the list is very easy now. I think it's on Account Management at the store.

• Options
    Yeah, I found that two seconds after I posted.

I don't really like how the store is operated but that was painless compared to the teeth pulling you need to do to cancel live or get your card out of MS's filthy clutches.

Still no idea how to cancel Plus though.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    There's a turn off automatic re-subscription option in there somewhere, that's as close to cancelling I can think of.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I know what you mean. I'm actually willing to put my card on PSN for a little while, to buy FF7 and 8. I don't think anything could get me to put my card on Live again after the pain it was to remove it.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Cancelling PS+ (this is completely off the top of my head, so sorry if it's not 100% correct terminology):

There's something in Account Management (or whatever it's called) called Subscription Services (or whatever it's called). It's in there. You can uncheck the "automatic renewal" that's enabled by default.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah-ha, found it.

Will probably cancel it sometime next week. The free games look pretty blah and I really don't want any charges on this card anytime soon.

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Do they not give you full PS+ Discount prices with the Free Month Codes? The "50% Off" games are 30% off for me.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    They're just doing math based on the original 9.99 price.

I got 7-9 at 4.89 each. 4.89x2= 9.98 so it is, in fact, 50% off the normal price of those titles.