G I A N T ¤ A N T S
ITS FRAKKING ANTS, MAN.
YES THE NAME OF THE GAME IS IN ALL CAPS. This is a game about giant ants, and of course other monsters, attacking a town. This thread is a template recruitment thread for a Striker and Leader
spots. If you are interested in playing a Striker or Leader
in a pbp game, please see below:
A. A bunch of sentences that describe how the game is run.
B. What am I looking for?
: GIANT ANTS COLON ITS FRAKKING ANTS, MAN.
: I live in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, so the play time will kind of be more favorable to that zone. (8am-12am) or something similar to that, assuming RL doesn't kick my ass.
: You will be level 6.
: Standard level 6 starting rules.
: Already active.
: PBP only
Maptools Session Length
The Table - Rules
: Not too serious/rigid interpretation of the ruleset.
The Table - Content
: It's random.
: A basic understanding of how to play would be great?
: Any 4E content is allowed, at my discretion. Don't be a dick?
List of preferred races:
- All PHB Races.
- All PHB2 Races, yes. even Deva.
Other races that are available within normal player material (IE: Non MM races) are okay too, but I would prefer a PHB or PHB2 raced char. While it goes without saying, choosing a race that is insectoid in nature/appearance when the game is about killing giant insects is probably a bad idea. Could it work? Sure, but it would take a lot to make it so.
List of acceptable classes:
- I am looking for a leader and a striker.
- This game has the amenities and tech level of an late 1800s era civilization, including indoor plumbing.
The party dynamic:
There's a big dumb guy, a very smart smart aloof gnome and a magical farmboy.
Here are their names/class/etc:
Inutchuk (Fighter, Martial, Goliath, Defender) [Horseshoe] (Sheet)
Giant ants meet giant... man.
Professor Nim (Wizard, Arcane, Gnome, Controller) [Lord Palington] (Sheet)
He's a professor!
Quinnten (Sorcerer, Arcane, Human, Striker) [SnowSquall] (Sheet)
Once a farmer, now a sorcerer, beware his frosty dragon breath.
To the extent that is reasonably possible, I would say being able to post at least once a day is a must. Being able to post more would be nice. I'm fairly active during the weekdays with posting, barring any unusual RL circumstances or being busy. I don't expect you to live and breathe this, it's just a game ffs, but yea... it is just a game, meaning if you don't post you shouldn't feel slighted if you're replaced or whatever.
Really important note: activity includes
non-combat. Despite its brevity and absurdity, it's still a roleplaying game. A party full of strong, silent types is not what I'm looking for, even with this game. All characters should be made with the baseline assumption that they will join a group for this adventure. Also, no evil characters. So, what am I looking for at this point?
, with the following responses:
1) Current pbp games you are in or run. If you feel you were awesome in some game or whatever you can mention past ones too?
2) Availability M-F for maek post, and time zone you are in.
3) A brief description of your leader or striker character's appearance and personality.
4) You're walking down the street of a crowded marketplace. It's a bright, sunny day. You feel good. As you walk you're approached by a halfling. The little guy smiles pleasantly at you. He's balancing a tray on his head that has several small vials atop it. After greeting you and in a display of surprising balance, he hands you one of the potions. He tells you it's a free sample and that "it'll make you run faster and jump higher!" Then he just smiles at you, waiting for you quaff it… (Behind a spoiler, reply in character to that).
You don't need to fully generate a character, I don't expect one here. Just what I asked for in this post is fine. You don't need to reserve a post, not like there's a line or whatever. It's highly likely that my recruiting pattern for this will continue to skew towards people who haven't had a chance to be in any games though (just in general). I would prefer that you only put in one submission here per person. The deadline for this will be next Friday (3/23/12).
So in summary: I'm looking for a leader and striker character, it would be level 6. A brief post with what I asked for in part B is sufficient. Please do not PM me with your concept and if you have any other questions about this just post them here, thanks!
You will start out on a boat.
PS: No Shaman.