As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Attendees Map and Find Other People in Your Location (Submissions Closed)

123457»

• AzurileAzurile Manchester, NHRegistered User new member
    Just a stones throw away from boston up here in southern NH :D

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    For folks driving into Boston, this site shows the parking lots and rates in the area -- if you don't mind parking your car a couple of blocks from your hotel, you can save quite a bit.
    http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/lot/i_c_a_parking_lot/boston/

Central Parking is one of the largest lot operators in Boston, and they have coupons and discounted rates posted on their site.
    http://boston.centralparking.com/

• Doc RogersDoc Rogers Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    rascal wrote: »
    For folks driving into Boston, this site shows the parking lots and rates in the area -- if you don't mind parking your car a couple of blocks from your hotel, you can save quite a bit.

Central Parking is one of the largest lot operators in Boston, and they have coupons and discounted rates posted on their site.

So let me guess...the Westin makes you valet your car? Or what's the situation with that?

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    I don't know the Westin's parking policy, but most of the downtown hotels offer the choice of valeting the car with in-out access, or self-parking on a per-entry fee basis -- and it's typically at least $35/overnight. Some of the non-hotel lots in the area charge half that -- the Central Parking garages have a weekend rate of $10 for 24 hours if you book with a coupon. The inconvenience of walking a few blocks may be worth it in savings to an attendee who intends to leave the car for several days. We're staying near the BCEC and leaving the car at my husband's space at his office near South Station.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Doc Rogers wrote: »

So let me guess...the Westin makes you valet your car? Or what's the situation with that?

Nope. I self-parked at the Westin in their underground garage. Not cheap though.

• Doc RogersDoc Rogers Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Doc Rogers wrote: »

Nope. I self-parked at the Westin in their underground garage. Not cheap though.

I don't plan on driving too much once I am there. Looks like most of everything is around the corner aside from a few events.

Is it a per entry basis, if so how much?
    Can you purchase some kind of weekend pass?
    Would you do it again?

It's a single fee per night with unlimited in-out. I don't know if they have other options. Yes I would do it again because I'm driving and I'd rather have my car at the hotel than parked in some other place just to save a few bucks.

• FearlessTeacherFearlessTeacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just wanted to get a feel for how wide reaching the draw to PAX East was.
    I am coming from Tampa Florida and can't wait to go to my first PAX.

FearlessTeacher on
  • TheMostHumanTheMostHuman Boston, MARegistered User new member
    BOSTON

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
  • VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    Me and my mates heading out from Nowhere, New Jersey. Just wouldn't be PAX if it wasn't a six hour~ drive before hand.

• MrArcysMrArcys Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    BOSTON
    Volaro wrote: »
    Me and my mates heading out from Nowhere, New Jersey. Just wouldn't be PAX if it wasn't a six hour~ drive before hand.

Make sure you are following the instructions in the OP in order to get added to the map.

PAX East 2013: [ ] Badge // [X] Hotel // [ ] Travel // [ ] Time Off
    Twitter: @MrArcys
    Sorry about being behind on this. All caught up now though!

Added:
    creid8
    UEAKCrash
    naicisum
    rileyper
    MrPayneTrayne
    jrdobbs
    LadySnip3r
    PuhFifer
    harrisjr
    MrGone1980
    TurnedToGold

Processed changes from:
    Rascal
    waterbottles

@rubykavalier you are already on the map, and didn't submit a change request or any new information, so your spot was left alone. Please search the map before submitting a request :)

People were added to: IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, PA, New Brunswick, and Ontario

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

• LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    Oh oh, I want more Texas people to perk up and post. I know there's a slew of PAXers in Austin alone. But look at all the people from everywhere! This map is the best. \o/

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Yay more MI people!!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • JuandeJuande Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Is anyone coming from Puerto Rico?

EDIT: It would be awesome also to meet someone from Latin America or anyone que hable español (who speaks spanish)! So reply to this message or send me a PM.

Juande on
  • coulombecoulombe Denver, CORegistered User new member
    Flying in from Denver, although I'm originally from Boston.

• phillerphiller Registered User regular
    I'll be coming in from Toronto, Canada with my bag and swag handler friend. First PAX ever!

All Kinds of Philler: A pop culture podcast remarkably free of filler!
    Twitter: @phillerworks || @AKOPpodcast || Steam: mr_philler
    PAX East '14 Locations: || Classic Console Freeplay || Tabletop Area || Long Wharf Pre-PAX Game Night (Come say hi or trade buttons!)
  • rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    Yeah, sorry about that! I'm not sure how I missed myself on there... :oops:

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Sent a request in.

Surprised there are a number of people nearby me. More disappointed that there are so few from Rochester, NY. I mean, I went to College there. I KNOW there are folks going to PAX East from that city. There should be a bunch of folks dotting that map.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    Added myself to the map!
    2 others from Keene NH going? This town's so small, I probably know you... not to be creepy...

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    Sent a request in.

Surprised there are a number of people nearby me. More disappointed that there are so few from Rochester, NY. I mean, I went to College there. I KNOW there are folks going to PAX East from that city. There should be a bunch of folks dotting that map.

The forum only really accounts for about 1% of PAX attendees. On that note, not everybody on the forum has added themselves to the map.

Example: there are a TON of people riding the trains into PAX in the PAX ETA thread. However, very few of them have added themselves to the map here, so they are poorly represented on this map. I suppose I could manually submit them all myself, but that's a lot of work that I don't have time to make happen.

E6LkoFK.png

• Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Submitted to have myself added.

• KalabajooieKalabajooie Registered User regular
    Still the only Forum member from Central PA.

Forever alone.

• puhfiferpuhfifer Registered User regular
    Still the only Forum member from Central PA.

Forever alone.

That's because there ain't no party like a Scranton party.

• puhfiferpuhfifer Registered User regular
    On a more serious note, I am driving in from either central NJ or NE Pennsylvania.

If anyone would like to share costs for the ride I will have a few spots in my car

• kfchurchkfchurch Death Knight #395720175 Syracuse, NYRegistered User new member
    Driving from Syracuse with 2 friends of mine, all of us for our first PAX.

Go home and be a Family Man.
    XBL: KMastaKilla Twitter: @kennychurch WoW: Kharik - US Dragonblight
  • ProducePeteProducePete Pittsburgh, PARegistered User new member
    Flying back home to Boston the Wednesday before PAX for the first time since moving to Pittsburgh, PA. Thank you PAX for giving me an excuse to go home for a little while.

I'll be updating the map tomorrow, 4/1. This will be the last update for PAX East 2012. I'll be doing another map for PAX Prime 2012 that will start as soon as hotels/badges go on sale for Prime.

I love seeing the points all over the place.

• tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Kfchurch I'm going from Syracuse also. It's my second Pax. There are quite a few Syracuse people who go.

grym & kvlt
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    A note to those folks staying at the Seaport - if you drive a hybrid vehicle, you will get the first day of valet parking free, which is huge. That saves us $42 on the parking, and we can then do the self-park ($32) if we need to the next days.

Link for info on the parking at Seaport: seaportboston.com/guestservices/parking.aspx

• Silmaril82Silmaril82 BostonRegistered User new member
    I'm local and taking the subway. Yes, I know all the good bars in the area and can guide you around, if you're friendly :-)

Ok, I'm turning off the form now, and am currently working on the updates. This is one epic map!

Done! http://batchgeo.com/map/ba7713195d31dae8c5bdc363e881a5df

The total for PAX East 2012 was 401 points on the map, including the BCEC itself, so it was a perfectly round 400 submissions!

@Carmen SD got the honor of being the very last person on the map.

Added:
    isstasi
    ArsonIsFun
    grayfawkes
    oldmangloom315
    EchoZero
    Macrogeek
    Ohy
    ShonenZero
    slntr
    Scrump
    GrimRupert
    gerafin
    Zinggy
    UnnDunn
    Dafreakzo
    _eileen__
    kfchurch
    bamanza
    Lothel
    ProducePete
    Goose!
    Ibervile
    Talaviir
    mroletta
    Joset305
    B0ndZ
    xenard
    Silmaril82
    kitties_on_acid
    d3r371ct
    nubywootz
    Carmen SD

Processed changes from:
    Zeushero

@The_Power you were already on the map, and didn't submit a change request or any new information that I could see, so your spot was left alone. Please search the map next time :)

@oldmangloom315 you submitted two requests a day apart with different information.... the second was not a modification request though... I took the first one.

People were added to: CT, DC, FL, IN, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, VA, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

For Prime 2012, worst case is that the map will be the same as this. I'm going to see about getting some more fun placemarkers though. I do like BatchGeo so I do think it will probably still be very similar.

• girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    I need to be updated to a train place marker thingy please.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
    edited April 2012
    I need to be updated to a train place marker thingy please.
    I'll be updating the map tomorrow, 4/1. This will be the last update for PAX East 2012.

There was no modification submission from you before the cutoff, sorry. That was my last update of the map.

zerzhul on
  • The_PowerThe_Power Registered User regular
    Done! http://batchgeo.com/map/ba7713195d31dae8c5bdc363e881a5df

@The_Power you were already on the map, and didn't submit a change request or any new information that I could see, so your spot was left alone. Please search the map next time :)

Thank you, Zerzhul! :)

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid."
  • PixelPrimePixelPrime Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm heading over to Boston on Thursday morning from Heathrow, London. I was wondering if there are any other groups from the U.K. going, and if so - whether I might be able to lever myself into a meet-up group? :)

My wife has been kind enough to allow me to travel over for this event, so I'll be on my own - so it'd be good to be able to meet up with some people soon after I've arrived, pre-PAX, so that I'm not all on my lonesome, haha :)

Just days away now, can't wait!

PixelPrime on