As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'm selling candy bars for my school basketball team

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I am offering sandwiches to homeless people. Give me money so I can buy more sandwiches for them. If you are homeless, I will give you a bologna sandwich from my pocket.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    A wild Mariachi Band has appeared.
    It's super annoying!

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    It's super annoying!
    pffttt....i enjoy the mariachi bands

A group of breakdancers appears in the already crowded train.
    They kick you in the face.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    By candy bars I mean that I only have Welch's Fruit Snacks today.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    It's super annoying!

I hate anyone that interrupts my commute, but yeah, breakdancers are the worst.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    It's super annoying!

I hate anyone that interrupts my commute, but yeah, breakdancers are the worst.

i remember being impressed the 1st time

now I've seen that same group of guys do the same fucking routine like 500 times

• rizriz Registered User regular
    It's super annoying!

Oh my god. I always feel like I'm on some terrible hidden camera show when that happens, and struggle not to laugh. It's just so ridiculous a scenario, especially before 10 a.m.

I do like the elderly gentlemen who sing old doo-wop songs.

I'm pretty alright with musicians, I can safely ignore them without fear of getting my face kicked in.
    They're at least using what talents they possess to try to get money, unlike the people that just walk down the middle begging for money.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    It's super annoying!

Oh my god. I always feel like I'm on some terrible hidden camera show when that happens, and struggle not to laugh. It's just so ridiculous a scenario, especially before 10 a.m.

I do like the elderly gentlemen who sing old doo-wop songs.

I like the guy with the double bass, as he has the least portable instrument in the troupe. And I'm a double bass player so I know they're a pain to move about. But yeah, the doo-wop guys take the cake -- I haven't been able to determine whether the missing teeth are due to hygiene or angry marks.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty alright with musicians, I can safely ignore them without fear of getting my face kicked in.
    They're at least using what talents they possess to try to get money, unlike the people that just walk down the middle begging for money.

Have you experienced the "terrible improvisational jazz guy." He made one trip home interminable, and nobody liked him.

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    there was one guy that imitated the subway guy's voice

it was actually really good

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i am stone cold with that stuff

the only time i ever gave anyone anything is outside slaughtered lamb when deeb gave some homeless guy money and i only gave him money out of guilt and because i knew deeb would make fun of me forever for staring the dude in the face and going "nope." like the heartless bastard that i am

I never give to random people on the street.

The way I remember it, you were the one who gave first and I followed suit only because I didn't want you to make the point that private charity could work if liberals would step up instead of looking for the government to take other people's money.

If we only had that dude's version of events we could go full Roshomon.

If I remember correctly, there were also Christmas Carolers carolling outside a sex shop.

deeb you liar

you fed his crazed fantasies about me being the devil or something (seriously, the guy was staring me in the face and going "YOU HAVE A LOOK IN YOUR EYES") and then gave him a dollar

and the guy looked at me

and i thought

"is getting stabbed worth a dollar?"

i decided that it wasnt

also yes there were carolers outside the sex shop

ANYWAY the point is you definitely acted first

919UOwT.png
    As I recall you gave him $5!
    And it was because holiday spirit and year end bonus checks.

I really want to hear from the homeless guy now.

"I remember guilting these dudes for $6, licking the bills for the cocaine residue and spending it on low quality vodka and a new tinfoil hat to keep the Vortozoid delta signals from corrupting the thoughts of the ascendant spirit warrior that travels in my mind"

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    I have a level 16 ascendant spirit warrior.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    TomeWyrm wrote: »

Ascendant Spirit Warrior is OP, they need to nerf that class.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    syndalis wrote: »

Ascendant Spirit Warrior is OP, they need to nerf that class.

QQ moar noob

All that said, I can totally host the ultimate marvel marathon at my/Nexus' place, as I have all the movies except the avengers, and then we could go see the Avengers, saving oodles of money and time spent in a theater.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    All that said, I can totally host the ultimate marvel marathon at my/Nexus' place, as I have all the movies except the avengers, and then we could go see the Avengers, saving oodles of money and time spent in a theater.

when would this be

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    yes i am thinking about making my triumphant return to jersey city, big whoop, ya wanna fight about it

edited March 2012
    Organichu wrote: »

when would this be

probably around the time The Avengers happens. - May 4th, 2012 or around then

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116

I could potentially be talked into this!

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

This is gonna be awesome, that's my birthday weekend!!

*bounce bounce*

*bounce bounce*

So do you want to wait on watching Thor for that weekend? We can sit on it until then.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    As I recall you gave him $5!
    And it was because holiday spirit and year end bonus checks.

I really want to hear from the homeless guy now.

"I remember guilting these dudes for $6, licking the bills for the cocaine residue and spending it on low quality vodka and a new tinfoil hat to keep the Vortozoid delta signals from corrupting the thoughts of the ascendant spirit warrior that travels in my mind"

i gave him 5 because i reached into my pocket and pulled out a wadded up 5 and a wadded up 1 and decided that 5 dollars was worth not being shanked in the liver

919UOwT.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    if he knew you better, he'd have upped the price

tyrannus on
    edited March 2012
    You guys are both remembering this wrong. That was no bum, it was just me.

The money didn't go to waste though, I used it to wipe my mouth off after puking into a garbage can after stumbling off the train 5 stops too early. That was one magical night.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

*bounce bounce*

So do you want to wait on watching Thor for that weekend? We can sit on it until then.

i typically don't bother with day-of, usually the weekend before

Question, do we need to print tickets for Saturday or is it a reservation thing?

oh! for SLEEP NO MORE if you didn't hear my advice

-read cliff notes/wikipedia of Macbeth. there's actually a few plot threads I forgot when I went to see this
    -wear comfy shoes and clothes you can move easily in. you may be jogging/walking quickly
    -don't be afraid to go off by yourself. it's actually quite difficult to follow a friend or significant other around, and if you're alone you can go and do whatever you want and follow who you want. there's a few points where the actors converge so you can meet up if you really want to, and everyone ends up together at the 'end'
    -you can do a lot of exploring/going through drawers etc but the most interesting thing to do is to follow the actors around.
    -if you get super beat, go to the bar and have a drink and then get back out there. the play repeats itself during the block of time you're there, even so you won't see everything.

most of all, do what you want (except talk) and have a blast! It's really fucking awesome

Lol, thanks....but ummmm.... Tickets?

Holy shit there's a bar there?
    Yeeeeesssssssss

Someone's going to be drinking wine in a creepy mask

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My email says
    Delivery Method: Your reservation may be claimed at the McKittrick Hotel.
    and my order confirmation says
    No physical tickets will be distributed prior to check-in.

so

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    edited March 2012
    Thank you Eddy & MS.
    I was concerned because I could not find an email.
    Now I just have to dig through this thread and find out what time I reserved for :)

Suppper Stoked!

Deebaser on
    bought 2 tickets for 8PM March 17
    for $200

Thanks past me!

yeah there's a nice cocktail bar there, with a jazz band and vocalist at the end

edited March 2012
    Warning for people who like to carry bags: They make you check your bags. Like, even small ones. So have pockets and/or a person with pockets to carry your money for drinks and such. I for one spent the night with my ID and debit card in my bra.

riz on
    edited March 2012
    I usually keep all of my things in my underwear anyway, so no worries here. Just a huge bulging mess of keys, gum, bags of chips, candybars, kleenex, condoms, money, ID, combs, a water bottle, sunscreen, a spare pair of shoes, tampons in case i meet a lady and she needs them

Sometimes ladies are like "whoa you sure do have quite the package!" and i tell them "that's just my vidal sassoon shampoo and some billiards balls don't get your hopes up!" and yet they always do get their hopes up and i let them down.

This has been yet another textual trip into my pants. Thank you for keeping your hands inside the car at all times. Next time try to remember there is to be no flash photography.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
    So the karaoke experience was just a dude checking out your literal junk then?