As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Another Job Thread? I could do that at home with MS Word!

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sheri wrote: »
    I suppose this is the most appropriate thread to ask "What can I do to help an item sell on Etsy?"

Cuz listing and waiting seems so. . . passive

Is it that Yoshi eggdog with green spots?

Anonymous tips to Kotaku.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Also, add a blurb to your profile about looking for more videogame/8-bit projects, even if you're not.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    The shop info at the top of the shop page?

Or in the about page

Or both?

• Options
    I don't know anything about Etsy. I'm just saying, prey on nerds.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Hey, what do I wear to an interview at a piercing studio?

SpikedQR.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I don't know anything about Etsy. I'm just saying, prey on nerds.

"Projection"

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »
    I think I managed to tell my boss that he's bad at social interaction in a polite way this morning

I miss having fun at work

What did you say? Mine needs to know that as well.

It came up because we were discussing the recent exodus of 20- and 30-somethings from the yard (we've lost five really good people in the last six months) and boss was speculating it was because of the age difference between the youngins and the old guard

I politely suggested that it was more likely because we have zero social activities and thus is very difficult to build any feelings of loyalty, so maybe if we did some fun stuff as a company/group that would help. All I got was a weird look.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    tell me what you're trying to sell and i will deceitfully slip it to my friend who works at social media at etsy and she will think its cool and tweet it

poo
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yesterday at my day job I had the foresight to do the work I normally do today then - so I could get cracking on the enormous pile of returns I have to do.

Today I find out that I'm supposed to attend the new hire orientation. Which lasts a good 4 hours longer than my actual shift. Good that I thought to do today's work yesterday, I guess, but arrrgh that means I'm not gonna get to touch returns at all.

• Options
    tell me what you're trying to sell and i will deceitfully slip it to my friend who works at social media at etsy and she will think its cool and tweet it

http://www.etsy.com/listing/95037980/yoshi-egg-8-bit-baby-blanket

:o

• Options
    Also I would love to work social media for Etsy

That is a cool sounding gig

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »

SpikedQR.jpg

Prude

• Options
    do you have any idea how dangerous it can be to GIS for "leather suspension harness" at work?

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    God damn it this orientation is going on tomorrow too

Ughhhh

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    do you have any idea how dangerous it can be to GIS for "leather suspension harness" at work?

Wussy

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Welp, got my rejection this morning.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    don't sweat it!

Michael Jordan was rejected by over 20 basketball teams before he invented the Air Jordan

• Options
    Scudo wrote: »
    don't sweat it!

Michael Jordan was rejected by over 20 basketball teams before he invented the Air Jordan

I know. This was just a stellar opportunity.

Also I really fucking hate Portland.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I've kinda idealized Portland/the pacific NW in my head

sorry to hear it sucks. where are you tying to relocate to again? anywhere but?

• Options
    Eh, the area is great. Love the hiking and outdoors. Don't really enjoy much else.

Looking to move back to the south bay area of San Francisco.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sheri wrote:

yeah, it is pretty cool. they're hiring an intern but that's likely below most folk here. and its in brooklyn. i really like their offices though, lots of fun.

lol, i'll show my friend your blanket, it's p cool.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    this piece of fucking shit software
    the amount of time I've spent dealing with its issues is absurd

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I want this week to be over so we know all the details about what's on offer for people interested in volunteering to be laid off.

My main concern is the offer being too good that my application is declined or that it sucks and I'd be better off working here.

A real first world problem.

Oh and what to do after should I get made redundant.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Initial interview for Crime Scene Tech trainee position was last week. Went well. Went in this morning for a tour of the lab and facilities. Sergeant will be calling me back next week to set up a time to come in and play around in the lab a bit. Fingers remain firmly crossed.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Initial interview for Crime Scene Tech trainee position was last week. Went well. Went in this morning for a tour of the lab and facilities. Sergeant will be calling me back next week to set up a time to come in and play around in the lab a bit. Fingers remain firmly crossed.

ENHANCE

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm going to ask them if I can rotate something along it's vertical axis.

Maybe they'll need me to beat Prince of Persia or something as well.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    nedroidcsi.gif

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Don't forget to keep your sunglasses in the breast pocket so they're easily accessible for when you make a terrible pun.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Sheri wrote:

yeah, it is pretty cool. they're hiring an intern but that's likely below most folk here. and its in brooklyn. i really like their offices though, lots of fun.

lol, i'll show my friend your blanket, it's p cool.

Whoooooo

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular

A prince albert

• Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ugh

Five more hours of this

And then tomorrow I work at 6 PM at my second job

So 7:30 to 4 PM here and then 6 PM to 11:30 there

• Options
    Smart Hero wrote: »

A prince albert

wear the formal ebony and silver one.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    And cufflinks on your testicles.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    The last interview I went to was formulaic and redonkulous. Generic crap questions that had nothing to do with anything.

So, job thread, knowing that this is a PR manager gig and who it's for, who has ideas on what kind of questions I'll be asked so that I may properly prepare?

• Options
    Oh god orientation over telecommunications is the most boring thing ever

I have no motivation to pay any attention

I mean I didn't anyway but there's nobody here to make sure I am

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Aw, sorry to hear you were unsuccessful, Aphostile!

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    the guys on my Dev team want to take me out for my birthday this month.

here's the kicker. I can't drink, and I can't eat. It's been so long since I've gone "out" and done.... anything.... I have no idea what to tell them. "Just tell us what you'd like to do."

how does an adult tell someone.... "I don't know how to have fun, it's been too long"

Warzone LAN party.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    The last interview I went to was formulaic and redonkulous. Generic crap questions that had nothing to do with anything.

So, job thread, knowing that this is a PR manager gig and who it's for, who has ideas on what kind of questions I'll be asked so that I may properly prepare?

Never interviewed for the coveted role of manager, but for PR you're likely to get a thorny question re: managing the fallout of someone else's mistake

The one I got stung with was how I'd manage the release of statements following a potentially fatal incident brought about by another employee's incompetence. As an underling, an answer about slavishly following protocol and the supervisors' guidelines won through, but making an executive decision? It'd actually require thinking!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I don't think there is actually anyone that I'd be managing, truth be told.

But yes, I do have a question for them about asking what happens if one of their toys ends up being "patient zero" to the robot apocalypse, I suppose I should have an answer for that if asked what I'd do if something goes horrifically wrong.

Solid call. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.