As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect 3: Welcome To Our Thread, Here Are Your Complimentary Tasers and Cyanide Pills

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I agree with everything you wrote there, orik

I think the ending has a lot of problems, like, I don't think that there is an element of it that isn't somehow problematic. But I think you hit on what the main problem is.

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    endgame
    I have to fight two banshees while a reaper targets an instant kill laser at me?

fuck this
    i honestly don't know how i could get through that part with a class that wasn't vanguard
    Yeah that was a tough fight, I ended up just charging around until the game took pity on me and let me trigger the next part

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    also, i didn't get any of those options, just the red one.
    i went in with Poor galactic readiness, because i'd done most of the things and didn't have a good enough connection for multiplayer.

they really should include a menu of flags set for all the games on new game plus, just so i don't have to sacrifice three months to properly reading mass effect the trilogy. heavy rain was bad enough, shit

Okay that's the one part of that whole write up I still can't fathom
    Who the fuck buys Mass Effect 3 and it's the first Mass Effect game they've played

Who is that person

Because as much as BioWare was trying to accommodate that person, I don't think they actually exist

I especially don't think that if they do exist, they are the "average" player of Mass Effect 3

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man playing this well is way more fun than otherwise. I need to split after this round though, I am beat

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    endgame
    I have to fight two banshees while a reaper targets an instant kill laser at me?

fuck this
    i honestly don't know how i could get through that part with a class that wasn't vanguard
    Yeah that was a tough fight, I ended up just charging around until the game took pity on me and let me trigger the next part
    I stayed in the empty shop on the left side of the area

Sure, the Banshees got in

But there's a hydra hidden behind the counter

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    also which bits, i'm curious

The bits talking about Deus Ex mostly, and the very first paragraph

And then the bit where you just talk about Stalin for three paragraphs, it was insightful but where did that come from

signature-deffo.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    endgame

fuck this
    It's time based. Just run away for a bit then hit the button. It's what I did as Soldier on Insane.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    also, i didn't get any of those options, just the red one.
    i went in with Poor galactic readiness, because i'd done most of the things and didn't have a good enough connection for multiplayer.

they really should include a menu of flags set for all the games on new game plus, just so i don't have to sacrifice three months to properly reading mass effect the trilogy. heavy rain was bad enough, shit

Okay that's the one part of that whole write up I still can't fathom
    Who the fuck buys Mass Effect 3 and it's the first Mass Effect game they've played

Who is that person

Because as much as BioWare was trying to accommodate that person, I don't think they actually exist

I especially don't think that if they do exist, they are the "average" player of Mass Effect 3
    well, i've played it all a shitload, just on different platforms

probably aren't that many 'new players' but there are probably a lot whose 'xboxes exploded' or 'torrential rain flooded their house and lightning set fire to their game shelf, necessitating a replacement and somewhere in there they lost the save file from ten years ago'

Dubh wrote: »
    endgame

fuck this
    I stayed in the empty shop on the left side of the area

Sure, the Banshees got in

But there's a hydra hidden behind the counter
    I made the mistake of using that on the Harvester

then it wasn't the last enemy like I thought it was

• QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Tali/Rannoch missions spoilers:
    So you know when you go into the geth consensus and see quarians, Shepard asks why s/he's seeing these ancient quarians wearing suits and Legion pulls out some bull about Shepard interpreting the memory cluster through her/his perspective, asking when Shepard has ever seen a suit less quarian, and Shepard's all like "point taken?"

What's the excuse when Shepard has romanced Tali?

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the claymore laughs at harvesters

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    geth pusle rifle with incendiary ammo basically makes harvesters a nonissue

EzUAYcn.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So you know when you go into the geth consensus and see quarians, Shepard asks why s/he's seeing these ancient quarians wearing suits and Legion pulls out some bull about Shepard interpreting the memory cluster through her/his perspective, asking when Shepard has ever seen a suit less quarian, and Shepard's all like "point taken?"

probably that tali wasn't alive back then?

Legion asks how many suitless quarians you've seen

Shepard says "Well... one."

And Legion says that that's not sufficient enough data for Shepard to have a mental concept of a suitless quarians or something

• MegalomaniageekMegalomaniageek Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    I posted it in G+T, but my thoughts on the ending are:
    [...] Control the Reapers! You can sacrifice just one person and solve the entire issue, no downsides! The option is even in blue, so you know it's the awesome option. You get to do your Space Jesus thing for the greater good and everyone lives happily ever after. You just have to ignore that you've spend literally the entire game telling someone working for the Reapers it was a fool's errand and is in no way an option. Just forget that you did that. [...]
    Yeah this is why I went with the red ending, even though it was nearly physically painful to do that to the geth and EDI. I just couldn't bring myself to do something as stupid as the Illusive Man. I then went back and did the blue ending after that because it seems like the "right" one (blue paragon etc) but seriously, the Illusive Man has nothing but bad ideas.
    ending
    I guess I was okay with my ending (synthesis) for a couple of reasons. The first being that I expected Shepard to die. I expected that is what it would take. The second is that by merging synthetic and organic life I believe that the galaxy has the best chance for survival. I think that even with the relays destroyed, this new form of life will be able to discover new ways of travel and communication. It's just a shame that you're left to assume that. As for the fact that your choices up to that point "don't matter" I disagree with that. Regardless of what came after, you got closure to everyone's story. Those things still affected me on a personal level. You can say "yeah but everyone's dead or stranded etc" and it doesn't make thane's death any less heartbreaking, or the krogans' freedom from the genophage any less triumphant. Those stories still matter to me, and they were fully told. And so I'm okay with something a little abrupt at the end. And more importantly, I want to see what they do with it. If every Mass Effect game after this takes place in the "Before Times" then it will have been a waste. But if they can turn this into something more, it may have been worth the awkwardness of this ending.

Ending post-credits
    I would be more optimistic about the ending if there hadn't been that bit after the credits; it takes place long enough after the games for Shepard to have passed into legend, and space travel is still considered a far-off dream for the future at that time.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

shepard asks why the quarians are wearing suits

legion asks how many quarians shepard has seen unmasked

shepard says "well, one"

legion says "well then obviously their impression is drowned out by that of the rest of their species"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Orik, I have not beaten the game yet, but I am excited by the prospect of finishing if only so I can read that

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

And Legion says that that's not sufficient enough data for Shepard to have a mental concept of a suitless quarians or something

Fucking hell. I only grew more annoyed with every excuse.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular

Lame but I understand its necessity.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

shepard says "well, one"

legion says "well then obviously their impression is drowned out by that of the rest of their species"
    it makes sense

you see so many quarians in those suits you start to assume they just look like that

the only other thing to do would be to make them all look like tali

xmassig2.gif
    I'm still a little disappointed quarians aren't bird people under there

There's something very avian about those guys

Maybe it's the helmets and the feet

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

shepard says "well, one"

Apparently Shepard needs to sleep with more quarians.

Or at least look at a bunch more photoshopped stock photos.

[IMG][/img]
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    ending
    man

this was hitting all the right notes

shepard's "what do you need me to do?" was perfect

and now I'm talking to the kid who is the catalyst who is...

I'm not sure what

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I'm still a little disappointed quarians aren't bird people under there

There's something very avian about those guys

Maybe it's the helmets and the feet

You're thinking of Turians as the ones with the avian features

ending
    man

I'm not sure what

This is the ending

Welcome to it

signature-deffo.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    ending
    man

I'm not sure what
    Just pretend the end was everything up to "What do you need me to do", and everything afterwards is a fever dream.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    ending
    man

I'm not sure what
    it turns out the reapers have outdated radeon drivers

once you update them they should revert to their original functions of telegram delivery and notary publics

xmassig2.gif
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    huh

more ending
    so it turns out that the whole point of all of this was organics VS synthetics

and my choices are kill all synthetics, control all synthetics, fuse organics and synthetics

well

hm

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    So dudes

Origin multi

Let's make this happen

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    gonna read your post tomorrow orik

that's too much text this late at night

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I need to go download the soundtrack still.

Better find those instructions.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

Fucking hell. I only grew more annoyed with every excuse.
    honestly it is completely bizarre to me that they chose to not to show Tali's face at the end of Rannoch

I am having trouble understanding that decision

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    It doesn't make me mad or anything

it's just a head-scratcher

ending
    man

I'm not sure what
    I didn't know why the kid was there

but I think I justified it while playing as a hallucination I guess, like some AI thing is talking to Shepard but he's wounded and losing it so sees it as the kid he couldn't save

Seriously wrote: »

maybe they just didn't have time/couldn't figure out how to model it and make it not look stupid?

but yeah that was a pretty disappointing thing

xmassig2.gif
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Cool people we did not see in me3
    parasini

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »

maybe they just didn't have time/couldn't figure out how to model it and make it not look stupid?

but yeah that was a pretty disappointing thing
    Honestly, I wasn't that bugged by it.

Maybe I'm just a mask-o-phile./spoiler]

[IMG][/img]
    alright, I'm done

and
    with some small reservations, I liked it

chose to synthesize everything

I'm prepared for y'all to tell me why I am wrong forever

Hullis wrote: »
    Cool people we did not see in me3
    parasini

I was wondering that too
    was a bit disappointed because I did hope she would turn up

This discussion has been closed.