As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect 3: Welcome To Our Thread, Here Are Your Complimentary Tasers and Cyanide Pills

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    so the Datapad app is out, right

what sort of bonus does it add to the main game?

so

does anyone know

you can get minor credit bonuses and galactic readiness to each sector

like, you send away a 'fleet' into a sector and it takes 3-7 hours. After that time has passed, you collect about 1k credits and near 1% readiness for that sector

well that's

bullshit

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    alright, I'm done

and
    with some small reservations, I liked it

chose to synthesize everything

I'm prepared for y'all to tell me why I am wrong forever
    you are wrong because the reapers are still alive
    They get sucked into the Citadel and get blown up with the whole thing once the Crucible fires.

So, yeah, they're pretty dead.
    uh what

I just saw them turn green and fly away
    I also got them exploding with the crucible
    Re This old thing- The reapers turned green and flew away for me, too.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    alright, I'm done

and

They get sucked into the Citadel and get blown up with the whole thing once the Crucible fires.

uh what

this would seem to be the thing that changes based off readiness for the synthesis ending/spoiler]

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    alright, I'm done

and

uh what

this would seem to be the thing that changes based off readiness for the synthesis ending/spoiler]
    Sounds like a good ending to me. War is over, cycle has ended, and the reaper tech is there for everyone, meaning the mass gates can probably be rebuilt.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I picked up a helmet on the last mission that's this goofy-ass riot gear looking thing

Shep looks like he's about to go play Space Hockey
    Oh god I had that thing, too. It had such nice stats. But it made me look like HandicapShep

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Squall wrote: »
    so the Datapad app is out, right

what sort of bonus does it add to the main game?

so

does anyone know

you can get minor credit bonuses and galactic readiness to each sector

like, you send away a 'fleet' into a sector and it takes 3-7 hours. After that time has passed, you collect about 1k credits and near 1% readiness for that sector

well that's

bullshit

Well it's

free

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Bonus to the main game: the codex is in your hand, not on your TV screen. Available to pull up at any moment.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    It would be so absolutely fucking (deliciously) devious if the ending
    was just a pre-cursor to a more fleshed out ending you can get by DLC, that you have to pay for.
    Renegade points through the roof.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    This spoiler-heavy reddit post plays with that idea.
    It does sound like fanwanking though. I'd piss all my pants simultaneously if it were true.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    ending
    I feel kind of bad for taking garrus and javik with me

although I would've felt bad taking anyone and having them die in harbinger's attack

sad

ending

although I would've felt bad taking anyone and having them die in harbinger's attack

sad
    Either
    they don't die in the attack, or there's a massive glitch in the end. I took edi and liara. In the final sequence, EDI was there with joker

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    ending

sad
    Either
    they don't die in the attack, or there's a massive glitch in the end. I took edi and liara. In the final sequence, EDI was there with joker
    Yep, same here. Garrus came with me (and got lasered to death about 5 times). After picking destroy, he hopped out of the crashed normandy.

Grog wrote: »
    ending

sad
    Either
    Yep, same here. Garrus came with me (and got lasered to death about 5 times). After picking destroy, he hopped out of the crashed normandy.
    So you had
    Joker, Garrus + LI, or Joker, Edi + Garrus as LI?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    i want to read the pages upon pages of ending discussion

maybe ill finish the game tonight?

ending

sad
    Either
    seems more like an oversight to me

I mean, I guess it is possible that they survived and the normandy returned for pickup

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    ending

sad
    Either

I mean, I guess it is possible that they survived and the normandy returned for pickup
    it doesn't make sense because the end doesn't make sense.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I picked up a helmet on the last mission that's this goofy-ass riot gear looking thing

Oh god I had that thing, too. It had such nice stats. But it made me look like HandicapShep

What

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    awe300 you clearly didn't see my definitive ending for the series

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited March 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    ending

sad
    Either

I still like it

some problems, but nothing that invalidates the entire thing

have the catalyst mention that the paragon option involves exiling/destroying the reapers, and make sure that the squadmates who you brought with you don't suddenly jump off the normandy

maybe make it a little clearer where things will go from here, especially in synthesis

BugBoy on
  • GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    After ~60 multiplayer games I finally survived a silver challenge! Thought that'd never happen, what with only ever playin in pugs.
    Still haven't unlocked the Krogan classses though, so on to more gaming.

causality.png
    Gatsby wrote: »

What
    This beauty
    Security Helmet
    OumRs.jpg

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Edcrab wrote: »
    awe300 you clearly didn't see my definitive ending for the series
    assuming direct control of my loins..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    ending

sad
    Either

That entire sequence is so clearly just slapped on at the last minute its absurd. "Okay so some of the writers feel there should be some closure. Lets add a sequence with the Normandy and a love interest. Crash em on a planet we've never seen before.

But uh won't we have to account for the sqaud you take on the final mission? And shouldn't we have actual closure?

Nnnnnnooooope.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    Post-Tuchanka:
    MORDIN NO! Did get a little misty-eyed when he mentions the seashells again and sang a bit of his iconic song.

Sweet scene with the thresher maw taking out the spider reaper.

I think after I have finished destroying the reapers, I will be heading to Sur'Kesh to pay the dalatrass a visit with my gun.

I need to redeem the digital soundtrack that came with the collector's edition

mostly for
    the song that plays over the end

it's haunting

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ending

sad
    Either
    So you had
    Garrus was LI. Took Garrus and Tali in the final battle. Joker hops out of the normandy, followed by garrus, then Ashley (who wasn't on the team anymore???)
    biggitio wrote: »
    Post-Tuchanka:
    MORDIN NO! Did get a little misty-eyed when he mentions the seashells again and sang a bit of his iconic song.

I think after I have finished destroying the reapers, I will be heading to Sur'Kesh to pay the dalatrass a visit with my gun.
    It was a good death for mordin. Unfortunately I had subtitles on, so I knew when he'd get cut off just before it happened

Grog on
  • biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    ending

sad
    Either
    So you had
    Garrus was LI. Took Garrus and Tali in the final battle. Joker hops out of the normandy, followed by garrus, then Ashley (who wasn't on the team anymore???)
    biggitio wrote: »
    Post-Tuchanka:

It was a good death for mordin. Unfortunately I had subtitles on, so I knew when he'd get cut off just before it happened

Same. :?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh my god, bro-date on the citadel
    I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel.

I had
    just Joker & Edi, arm in arm, + Tali as LI. My final team was Shepard, EDI and Liara

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    put on this music (spoilers: ME3 ending tune), and imagine, if you will, an ordinary vanguard in firebase ghost

this vanguard is near the end of her life
    though she does not yet know it, she approaches the Ultimate Charge, the vanguard myth, the charge to which all other charges aspire

this charge goes to where there is only health
    where the shield never breaks
    where the cooldown never triggers.

nobody knows where those who accomplish the ultimate charge go. some say they are destroyed. some say they go on to birth new life with the purity of their impact. and others yet say that every person who goes on to the ultimate charge joins with the charge, and forevermore charges with all other vanguards.

this vanguard leaves the surly bonds of gravity. she charges harder, and charges faster. briefer are her cooldowns, stronger are her impacts. first she charges between assault troopers, unflinching. then she shoots across the map, charging an atlas without fear. then she charges to another city, and strikes a thug about to shoot a man in the act of robbery.

then, she charges into space. she charges satellites processing e-crimes, ships full of batarian slavers, vile Reapers. each charge is faster and stronger than the last, streaking across the galaxy, until she at last turns and charges away- a long streak of blue, burning a light away into the darkness of space. the Ultimate Charge. peace for all vanguards.

this is what just happened to Melding.

*sniff

No words...no words...they should have sent a poet

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @Orikaeshigitae I loved your post

What
    This beauty
    Security Helmet
    OumRs.jpg

that was kinda offensive dude

just, um, for future reference

Shabooty on
    Shabooty wrote: »
    @Orikaeshigitae I loved your post

What
    This beauty
    Security Helmet
    OumRs.jpg

that was kinda offensive dude

just, um, for future reference
    Wasn't meant to be. Should've written Special Needs Protective Childrens Helmets, didn't know the name. My error.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I just found out that nothing quite fucks up Banshees like a lowly Decoy. They just stand there, staring at it with a dumb expression and wait for you to kill them.
    Having 2+ banshees just stand there next to the Decoy makes them a lot easier.

Gokerz on
    causality.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    royard wrote: »
    Another big plot hole. A HUGE one. from BSN.

You know how Vigil in ME1 was all like "reapers try to control the citadel and shut down the relays to isolate the star systems"?

"The plot hole is that the Reapers grabbed the Citadel when we hit the Cerberus Station, but they did not deactivate the relays with it."
    Remember how the reapers not being able to deactivate the relays was a major plot point?

I bet he didn't.
    They weren't able to remotely deactivate the relays. Soveregn was linking with the citadel to do it manually.

if the reapers could move the citadel to earth and seal it up then they could have probably also shut the relays down.
    Yes, and then you upload the files that Vigil gave you, which locks Sovereign out of the system, letting you re-open the arms and re-activate the citadel relay.

right i get that but
    they stole the citadel and moved it

they couldn't go in there and unfuck what you did in ME1 and just cockblock all the Relays?

really?
    I thought they captured the citadel to kill all mass communications and as well kill all their leaders leaving them in disarray. i don't remember anything about turning off the mass relays.
    Both. The Citadel is also the hub of the relay network and can turn it off. That's why the Fifth Fleet couldn't come in until Shepard turned the relays back on with Vigil's file.
    Jesus christ, this is already pages behind but the Fifth fleet couldn't come in because they couldn't accomplish anything until the Citadel arms were opened--just mix it up and get smashed by the Geth fleet for no purpose.

Fifth fleet was the Sunday punch Hackett was saving for when Sovereign was open to attack--with Fifth fleet intact, maybe they could take that big sonofabitch down.

• ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Tuchanka:
    I was sure there were going to be Banshees in those Krogan ruins. Shit was scary, yo.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Gokerz wrote: »
    I just found out that nothing quite fucks up Banshees like a lowly Decoy. They just stand there, staring at it with a dumb expression and wait for you to kill them.

yeah I was really disappointed with decoy until the first time I tossed one out and a banshee+brute just stared at it for a bit while my team filled them full of bullets

2x39jD4.jpg
  • royardroyard Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Pony wrote: »
    I wonder what you all expected for the ending?
    The game made it pretty clear that in this mass effect universe, synthetics always outpace organic life. Combine that with individual, free thought and you're bound to get A final conflict.
    As for the "energy wave".... I would've preferred to see more of what it changed, but what did you expect? Reaper diplomats on the citadel?

just gonna leave this here:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right

it explains my reasoning pretty well
    To
    5) Brevity
    The ending was the whole sequence, beginning from
    London, to the citadel. I don't call that short. The universe is changed by your actions. Why does a technically "short" ending mean there are no vast repercussions or implications?

3) Lore Errors, Plot Holes
    * The Mass Relays.

Those guys built the mass relays. They probably know a thing more about them than most people in the ME universe. And in what way energy is released is pretty important. So, that energy wave is simply not a regular explosion, but something else. I mean, look at an engine. You have gallons of gasoline, they explode in the engine. Still you get movement, not destruction.

* The Normandy’s Escape
    That is more unclear and bugs me somewhat, too.
    Maybe they got back to the normandy after shepard was blasted to hell, so they could try something else, or bury the plans for the crucible somewhere else?
    [/spoiler]

Just wanted to tackle a couple of these things
    First of all yes, the final chapter is from London to the credits. That isn't the ending though. Do you call the ending to King Kong the entire sequence from him being brought back to New York, his rampage, and then death or do you call the ending the moment he dies and the final line is delivered? When we mention brevity we don't mean the time it took, we mean how much meaning is put into such a short moment. A long, drawn out ending that explains everything is just as bad as a short one that doesn't capture the scope of the universe you've poured more than a full day into.

A vast majority of fans don't necessarily want, or wanted from the start, for everything to be spelled out for them. A lot of us wanted a good finale to a series we've treasured for some years and to throw in a completely new factor, a whole plot point in at the last minute to give a quick, flawed, two minute speech about everything that's happening is lazy and so confusing that yes, now explanations and more exposition is needed. The fact that the ending was short isn't the fault we're all looking at, it's that it was short, introduced a whole new "species", an entire second shadow to the game we weren't clued in on at all, and then finished abruptly after it ordered us to make a "choice."

And in terms of the Mass Relays, yeah an engine does have several comparatively small, insignificant explosions going on. However exploding an engine still makes the damn thing blow up and cause a lot of damage. You can control explosions, shape them, direct them, but when the entire audience has been told before that blowing this one plot device up leads to a supernova, and then showing every single one rip at the seams and go to pieces then it is safe for us to assume the result is the same as before. If we had seen the Relays become deactivated, or maybe even go dim and then crumple apart, that's a whole different story.

If I showed you footage of a guy in his backyard blowing up a firework, and then show you the manufacturer blowing up the exact same model do you really think one has more control or either explosion has less impact than the other?

Re: mass relays
    Do you guys remember what dust-form eezo exposure do to babies? Specifically, the 90% that don't develop biotics?

royard on
    Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
    2 minutes. No commentary. Spoiler obviously.
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Gokerz wrote: »

yeah I was really disappointed with decoy until the first time I tossed one out and a banshee+brute just stared at it for a bit while my team filled them full of bullets
    Holy shit I was wondering what that skill was supposed to be for! Awesome. Brutes were easy on my soldier with full fire ammo + the DLC character weapon. Banshees on the other hand were pretty annoying.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    charge all banshees

then backpedal furiously while realizing you need to reload

repeat

charge all banshees

then backpedal furiously while realizing you need to reload

repeat
    What I did was
    ACTIVATE ALL SOLDIER POWERS WHAT THE FUCK SHOOT AT IT
    And I had my grenades skilled for 50% more armor damage, so I lobbed like a thousand of them in their faces. Banshees are manageable with enough room. In close quarters those fuckers are awful

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.