As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Middle Earth [chat]

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    4 gigs of ram.

Ha.

I laugh derisively.

HA.

Been rocking 4 gigs of ram since '03 son.

16 is the way to go.

my gaming PC still has 2 gigs of RAM. two. and i still play new games at medium-high settings.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i have 8gb in my mbp and it seems like overkill tbh

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    i have never seen anyone become more creative on pot. i've seen them think they're more creative.

I've seen someone think they were trapped on the cap of a bottle of Coke that they were holding and refuse to move for two hours.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    ahhh that was a satisfying tuna sandwich. and i managed to use only a lil bit of mayo and pack more tuna between two pieces of bread versus doubling the carbs by having two sandwiches.

now i want some soda, though. :(

/me sadly sips water

Switch to Seltzer with a spritz of lime or lemon juice, or even light usage of diet soda.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Hey chu, you know what my lunch is? An apple and a cup of shattered dreams.

Working that deficit bro.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    seltzer seltzer seltzer

poo
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    ahhh that was a satisfying tuna sandwich. and i managed to use only a lil bit of mayo and pack more tuna between two pieces of bread versus doubling the carbs by having two sandwiches.

/me sadly sips water

Switch to Seltzer with a spritz of lime or lemon juice, or even light usage of diet soda.

i can't stand seltzer. i've been trying various brands of diet sodas. coke zero is ok but nowhere close to scratching the same itch. i'll prolly just stick with water. it's just especially hard to do with foods that are oily or sweet, where i feel like water sort of 'cuts' it in an uncomplimentary way.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Gooey wrote: »

But what if you want to play two games at the same time!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I am so addicted to seltzer. Polar brand, flavored seltzer in cans. I find that it works really well to clean out my mouth and dulls the urge to keep eating and eating after a meal.

• Options

/me buys some state of the art, microfiber running attire

• Options
    i have never seen anyone become more creative on pot. i've seen them think they're more creative.

I've seen someone think they were trapped on the cap of a bottle of Coke that they were holding and refuse to move for two hours.

on weed?

man that must have been some good stuff.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

/me sadly sips water

I've been drinking that sobe lifewater and vitamin water zero junk and it's been pretty good for weening me off soda. I haven't had soda in about 3 weeks and I don't really miss it. I'm not sure stevia is really the wonder sugar it's cracked up to be but it's tasty even though it has a fairly light flavor compared to sodas and whatnot.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I do have a full wardrobe of proper workout clothes, with sweat wicking tech and everything.

I got ALMOST too big to wear them, hence my recent desire to fix that shit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    i never used to like seltzer at all i hated it

but our office has soda in stock in the fridge for us to drink, and i was drinking too much diet soda and i slowly started drinking the seltzer

now i love seltzer

drink so much seltzer

it's the best

poo
  • Options
    honestly i still think diet soda is probably bad for you, i wouldn't advise drinking it as much as, say, I do

which is multiple glasses every day

if nothing else it's bad for your teeth and esophagus, and at worst it's an appetite stimulant, a contributing factor to heart disease (though not as much as drinking real soda and gaining lots of weight from the calories), causes headaches, etc.

• Options

I do have a full wardrobe of proper workout clothes, with sweat wicking tech and everything.

i am just trolling DK. he thinks i'm gonna be a nouveau-riche douchebag who buys absolutely everything top of the line once i get a coding job. all, spending 4 months researching my next pen purchase. traveling to san francisco to oversee the construction of my new messenger bag in person, etc

• Options
    syndalis wrote:

i have 3 old t shirts and 2 pairs of gym shorts

poo
  • Options
    syndalis wrote:

This stuff is a remnant of my corporate days.

I wouldn't be caught DEAD in my T-shirts and ratty shorts around the non-C-level people in my office.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hail and farewell, Printed Brittannica

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

But what if you want to play two games at the same time!

I know right, sometimes I have to have be playing LoL and Jagged Alliance so I can kill mans in one game when I'm dead and can't kill mans in the other.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    really though i do need to figure out what bag i'm gonna use for school. i have a big, quality messenger bag. so i can either get one of those backpacks with a little divider for a laptop or i can get a sleeve for a laptop and just carry everything in my messenger bag. i'm trying not to spend more money than i need to. but i also don't want to break a laptop.

i'm so confused!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    really though i do need to figure out what bag i'm gonna use for school. i have a big, quality messenger bag. so i can either get one of those backpacks with a little divider for a laptop or i can get a sleeve for a laptop and just carry everything in my messenger bag. i'm trying not to spend more money than i need to. but i also don't want to break a laptop.

i'm so confused!

#fwp

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hail and farewell, Printed Brittannica

That's sad.

I hope when my parents pass on they give me the Encyclopedia / Great Books set - I used those all the time as a kid.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

i'm so confused!

#fwp

i'm an orphan, i'm allowed to indulge in a few first world problems

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »

i'm so confused!

You can do this.

I believe in you.

no, i... i'm not ready.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

i'm so confused!

You can do this.

I believe in you.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited March 2012

i am just trolling DK. he thinks i'm gonna be a nouveau-riche douchebag who buys absolutely everything top of the line once i get a coding job. all, spending 4 months researching my next pen purchase. traveling to san francisco to oversee the construction of my new messenger bag in person, etc

Correction: Chu is trying to troll me and failing because he doesn't seem to get that I don't make fun of him for being a nouveau-riche douchebag. I make fun of him for falling in love with the trappings of activities more than the activities themselves. Like, he's going back to school so he's researching the best kinds of pens to buy. Obsessing over what small bookbag to use when he doesn't want to use the big one he already has. He wanted to get into programming, so he agonized over what language forever and read programming reddit more than actually programming.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    pens

heh

penis

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

i'm so confused!

http://www.amazon.com/Booq-Viper-Hard-MacBook-VHC13-BLR/dp/B004WOYVX2

Hardcase, not a sleeve, still fairly form fitting, and you can throw it in your messenger bag without fear.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

Correction: Chu is trying to troll me and failing because he doesn't seem to get that I don't make fun of him for being a nouveau-riche douchebag. I make fun of him for falling in love with the trappings of activities. Like, he's going back to school so he's researching the best kinds of pens to buy. He wanted to get into programming, so he agonized over what language forever and read programming reddit more than actually programming.

Correction: DK is trying earnestly to speak to my situation, but I am a mediocre linguist on the best of days and I just cannot hear anything around all the cocks in his mouth.

• Options

i'm so confused!

http://www.amazon.com/Booq-Viper-Hard-MacBook-VHC13-BLR/dp/B004WOYVX2

Hardcase, not a sleeve, still fairly form fitting, and you can throw it in your messenger bag without fear.

there's a non-five-star review! what're you trying to do, kill me!?

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    honestly i still think diet soda is probably bad for you, i wouldn't advise drinking it as much as, say, I do

which is multiple glasses every day

if nothing else it's bad for your teeth and esophagus, and at worst it's an appetite stimulant, a contributing factor to heart disease (though not as much as drinking real soda and gaining lots of weight from the calories), causes headaches, etc.
    i need to break myself of it but I don't wanna. Also when I'm low carbing I want it way more.

• Options

i'm so confused!

I always managed pretty well with my messenger bag on campus, just threw my netbook, usually a textbook or two, notebook, scantrons, bag of mechanical pencils, and a couple blue books. It kinda strained my neck a bit if I had to walk around a lot with like, my calc book which was probably the heaviest one. Very few of my classes actually required bringing books, and a lot of them that did had fairly small soft cover books, calculus was really the only exception I can think of off-hand.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Today is the day the instant filmwatch netflix thread gets updated and I am excited. Today Thom talks about Shane!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote:

This is my favorite work out shirt.

Cougheez6nDetail.png

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Today is the day the instant filmwatch netflix thread gets updated and I am excited. Today Thom talks about Shane!

that's weird I thought he already talked about shane in the last thread

maybe he just talked about it in chat at such length that my brain filed it under the real thread. I need to get around to watching it.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

i'm so confused!

You can do this.

I believe in you.

no, i... i'm not ready.

Do not fear. Doubt is normal.

Everyone doubts themselves sometimes.

But Chu, this is life. And in life you need to carry stuff around. You've finally come to the point when you have to carry more stuff than would be comfortable without the aid of some stuff carrying device. As I said before, it's natural to think you're not ready... nobody does. but pause here for a moment and consider all the stuff that you have. Realize that you've been building up to this moment for your entire life. Every second spent reading reviews on amazon, or checking out the daily deals on new egg, or even the sale paper for the local JC Penny... was preparing you for this moment. Soon you will buy some stuff to put your other stuff in and, in putting your stuff in that other stuff, you will finally be a man.

I, for one, will be a proud forumer that day.

Go get 'em, kid

*tear*

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Got a response for the mixer part we need.

$734.39, minimum of 3 weeks lead time.

Oh look you put the part number on the quote, *googles*...

$114, arrives in 2 weeks.

Are you fucking kidding me. 700% markup. For a third-party part. That I'm installing myself. These people make Apple's business model look reputable.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

i'm so confused!

You can do this.

I believe in you.

no, i... i'm not ready.

Do not fear. Doubt is normal.

Everyone doubts themselves sometimes.

But Chu, this is life. And in life you need to carry shit around. You've finally come to the point when you have to carry more shit than would be comfortable without the aid of some stuff carrying device. As I said before, it's natural to think you're not ready... nobody does. but pause here for a moment and consider all the stuff that you have. Realize that you've been building up to this moment for your entire life. Every second spent reading reviews on amazon, or checking out the daily deals on new egg, or even the sale paper for the local JC Penny... was preparing you for this moment. Soon you will buy some stuff to put your other stuff in and, in putting your stuff in that other stuff, you will finally be a man.

I, for one, will be a proud forumer that day.

Go get 'em, kid

*tear*

so i just decided to store everything in my butt.

• Options
    i went through most of yesterday believing it was wednesday somehow

so sad

it feels like it ought to be thursday

poo
This discussion has been closed.