As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Comic - Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - Chronoloop

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited March 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-jb5d9pr-XL.jpg

rRwz9.gif
Jacobkosh on

• ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    Nostalgia by Veidt

142.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    D'awwww.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ahaha, I love these 'old art' style callbacks.
    214614747_XFNTP-XL-2.jpg

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Looks like Mike based the third panel off somewhere in early- to mid-1999. Example: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/1999/05/07

Edit: Hotlinked
    214673192_SwhCi-L-2.jpg

agilemania on
  • agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Also, I really want to see a Fourth Panel for this.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    That third panel was probably really difficult for Mike.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    That third panel was probably really difficult for Mike.

actually, yeah

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This is a great strip. I really enjoy it for many reasons. :D

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Simple joke, but very well executed. Nice comic.

• AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Ah, gradient backgrounds. Brings me back to my own troubled youth, when I used to draw things and chew on them in photoshop.

• Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    Fantastic comic, not so great newspost. I'm not entirely certain Tycho even played the ending of Mass Effect 3. In fact, to be honest I've found the PA guys to be very...forgiving towards Bioware in the past.

• srb0501wsrb0501w Registered User new member
    So there is no original comic that the third panel was taken from?

• FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Fantastic comic, not so great newspost. I'm not entirely certain Tycho even played the ending of Mass Effect 3. In fact, to be honest I've found the PA guys to be very...forgiving towards Bioware in the past.

Or he has a different opinion than you and god let's please not go into the whole thing in this thread.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    Personally, I can't stand opinions that are different than mine, the same as mine, or that are taking the middle ground. I have anger issues.

I like this comic, though. Good joke, and it takes me back to the old days before art was invented.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    32 whole megs??

• LuDuxLuDux Registered User regular
    I dunno, in regards to the news post, Tycho and Gabe need to realize that a big part of the reason fans are pissed off is the following:
    x7sck4

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    32 whole megs??

FUCK YEAH, Dark Forces doesn't take two minutes to load a stage anymore!

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man, when I installed the last of 12 gigs of RAM in my current rig, all I could think of was how ridiculously extravagant it felt. Pretty sure my first PC had 128k. And a whole 12 meg hard drive!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I am at 12 gigs right now. I haven't tracked this but I would be shocked if I ever hit using half of that. I had 4 gigs when I built the system, then I bought 8 gigs and was going to replace the original 4 and stand pat at 8. Problem was the pair of dual channel slots you have to use first, where the original 4 gigs are, now have my Cooler Master Hyper 212 partially overhanging them and the new sticks won't fit under there with their fancy shark-tooth heat spreaders on top. So WELP WHAT THE HELL, fill the other pair of slots, 12 gigs total, revel in a small, unjustified feeling of decadence.

Gaslight on
  • AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I thought I had a classy rig going with my four gigs. Now I want to buy more even though I've only got the two ports. Is this what peer pressure feels like?

LuDux wrote: »
    I dunno, in regards to the news post, Tycho and Gabe need to realize that a big part of the reason fans are pissed off is the following:
    x7sck4

Okay, I do like that.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yes, computer technology generally improves over time.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I dunno, in regards to the news post, Tycho and Gabe need to realize that a big part of the reason fans are pissed off is the following (ME3 ending spoilers):
    x7sck4

Here is a youtube video of all the possible endings next to each other, playing simultaneously, to really sell that picture:

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I love the comic. I'm very sad that I have to pass on the post. :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    hey @LuDux, next time, a bit of warning as to whether a spoiler tag contains ME3 (or other) spoilers please.

i hadn't read the newspost and now i won't. i thankfully closed your spoiler before reading it when my spider (spoiler?) sense tingled like crazy.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Hello WaterfaceHello Waterface Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller In the timbers of FennarioRegistered User regular
    This was good. Excellent, even.

Welcome to Miami Beach, ladies and gentlemen. Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Please take my advice.
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Really liked this one.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I wonder why they didn't switch from Blambot Casual to Comic Sans for the last panel.

• LuDuxLuDux Registered User regular
    hey @LuDux, next time, a bit of warning as to whether a spoiler tag contains ME3 (or other) spoilers please.

i hadn't read the newspost and now i won't. i thankfully closed your spoiler before reading it when my spider (spoiler?) sense tingled like crazy.

You're surprised there was a spoiler in a... spoiler tag? Really?

Spoiler: spoiler tag may contain spoilers.
    (spoilers)

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

You're surprised there was a spoiler in a... spoiler tag? Really?

Spoiler: spoiler tag may contain spoilers.
    (spoilers)

He wanted it to be spoilers, not spoilers.
    trollface.jpg

• Cthulhu CalamariCthulhu Calamari Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    agilemania wrote: »
    Also, I really want to see a Fourth Panel for this.

I wholeheartedly second this!

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »
    I dunno, in regards to the news post, Tycho and Gabe need to realize that a big part of the reason fans are pissed off is the following (ME3 ending spoilers):
    x7sck4

Here is a youtube video of all the possible endings next to each other, playing simultaneously, to really sell that picture:

That is astoundingly bad when you put them all up like that.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    @LuDux a spoiler about ME3. basically my point was, the comic has nothing to do with ME3, and not everyone reads the newspost. basically there was no way to know what the spoiler was about without actually clicking it (or having read the newspost).

anyways, just a little warning next time please.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    @LuDux a spoiler about ME3. basically my point was, the comic has nothing to do with ME3, and not everyone reads the newspost. basically there was no way to know what the spoiler was about without actually clicking it (or having read the newspost).

anyways, just a little warning next time please.

The concept of the spoiler tag is, by definition, a spoiler. You open that pandora's box you might get something fantastic. Or you might get a video with all the ME3 endings playing a once.

The only thing that is for certain is at the end, only one thing will remain.
    The Hide Button

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Thpoilerth.

What is this I don't even.
    Nah, I'm with ff on this. Labeling your spoilers is a nice thing to do.

Actually, I miss the days when we had the [spoiler] tag, which was for spoilers sometimes, or more often just screwing around, and then we had the [realspoiler] tag, which was only for real spoilers and using it to screw around got you in trouble.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • TriskTrisk Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Glad he liked it. I didn't. Blugh, what a terrible ending.

Trisk on
  • ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Ooh, art nostalgia. I have to say, of the 5 or so styles PA has used, I like the early 2000s (2nd style, rounder face shapes) and the two following it (longer faces, super heavy black outline) the most. I can't wait to see how much bigger Gabe and Tycho's hair styles become with each successive style shift. The current ones are almost bigger than their heads.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Ooh, art nostalgia. I have to say, of the 5 or so styles PA has used, I like the early 2000s (2nd style, rounder face shapes) and the two following it (longer faces, super heavy black outline) the most. I can't wait to see how much bigger Gabe and Tycho's hair styles become with each successive style shift. The current ones are almost bigger than their heads.

I remember once seeing a generational comparison image pointing out how Gabe has been growing progressively less intelligent looking with each art style revision.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Haha, this comic made me laugh really hard...I have 16GB of RAM in my machine right now. When I got my first PC, GB might as well have meant Giant Bears for all I knew...we didn't even think in giga yet...we were still having a hard time wrapping our heads around mega and kilo.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling