As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    ^They look great! I think there should be awards for "Best of..." cards, and you win "Best Gamer Family" :)

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    @azuravian - For your son's card, the first ability's use of "Creatures" should be "Creature's" - otherwise cards look great!

• azuravianazuravian Dad, Gamer, Beard Owner Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    @vttym - Thanks for the spelling correction. I've fixed it. Now just waiting to verify if we can use those card numbers and then they'll be off to Jakprints.

Has anyone else printed multiple different cards like this and is there any option to combine shipping on multiple orders?

• zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    azuravian wrote: »
    Me and my family (wife and son) have been planning on doing this every year and this year we're finally going to do it. We're going to need 3 numbers. I'd like 627, my wife would like 723, and my son would like number 422.

Thanks.

You got 627, 723 and 422 for the awesome gamer family!
    Moocifer wrote: »
    I'd like to get the numbers #546 for my boyfriend and #269 for myself please! I'm making our cards tonight and/or tomorrow. :)

269 and 546 are yours and your boyfriend's!
    xdslave wrote: »
    I need a card number and I'll take whatever is available next.

32 is yours!

zezspecs on
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    staceyb627 wrote: »
    I am the wife in question from azuravian there. Really looking forward to this :)

love your ray bradbury quote!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • staceyb627staceyb627 Mom, Gamer Richmond, VARegistered User new member
    Thank you :)

• Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Can I snag card # 315 or the next available if its not.

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    Can I snag card # 315 or the next available if its not.

#315 is yours!

• ElementCyElementCy Registered User new member
    Can the numbers have more than 3 digits?
    If so, I'd like #110012, else any of these #707, #068, #796, or next avail.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    ElementCy wrote: »

3 digits only

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    FYI, ordered last night, Jakprints estimated in-hand date of 3/20/12

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

ElementCy wrote: »

#707 is yours!

• goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    I don't see 2.5" x 3.5" postcard sizes.. Am I in the wrong section or something?

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
    I don't see 2.5" x 3.5" postcard sizes.. Am I in the wrong section or something?

It's a custom size.

• azuravianazuravian Dad, Gamer, Beard Owner Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    BTW, just placed my order with Jakprints. It did not allow the use of the PAXEAST12 discount code. It said the code was invalid. I just put it in the extra comments section. We'll just have to see what happens.

BTW, just placed my order with Jakprints. It did not allow the use of the PAXEAST12 discount code. It said the code was invalid. I just put it in the extra comments section. We'll just have to see what happens.

Call them.

• Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    I got my cards in. They gave me 235, more than double what I ordered. Don't really need 100 extra cards.

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Two cents needed. I gave up on my brother's help with abilities and am on my own.
    PAx_BAck-smallflat2.jpg

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
    Two cents needed. I gave up on my brother's help with abilities and am on my own.
    PAx_BAck-smallflat2.jpg

The last ability doesn't quite read correctly. It reads "Tap Lady Lilybell (the tap symbol); The internet looking for craft ideas." Maybe "Tap Lady Lilybell, Lady Lilybell retreats to the internet, looking for craft ideas." Or "Lady Lilybell heads to the internet, looking for craft ideas". Something with a verb to make the sentence structure fit together.

• Magpie MaydinMagpie Maydin Magpie Maydin RuneterraRegistered User regular
    Hey Xiryc and LegendOfTheCipher You got a message about 48 hours ago for card help; Let me know if you still need it!

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Okay I understand. Tap then what I'm going to do. Got it and thanks.

Do I have to have mana cost or can I just list abilities with no number symbol before them?

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
    zerzhul wrote: »

Call them.

Was just about to take your advice when I received an email from them. They combined the three orders into one, gave the full discount for each and processed it as one order so I only have a single shipping charge. Awesome.

Okay I understand. Tap then what I'm going to do. Got it and thanks.

Do I have to have mana cost or can I just list abilities with no number symbol before them?

Each ability has to have a representation of a cost. Your card already has that as it sits now. The first ability is a "free" cost, but it still has to indicate that with the "0" icon. The second ability has a cost of 1 colorless mana. The third ability is a "tap" ability.

zerzhul wrote: »

Call them.

Was just about to take your advice when I received an email from them. They combined the three orders into one, gave the full discount for each and processed it as one order so I only have a single shipping charge. Awesome.

Awesome indeed.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    And this is why I use them every year - they do good work, and have great service.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• pligganeasepligganease Registered User regular
    I went with a cheaper alternative of Zazzle, they shipped yesterday will see them in a week.

• DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    Try as I might, I have not been able to get my hands on a copy of Photoshop and attempt to learn it. So would someone be able to help me assemble the card files?

• girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I need input on the back of my card before I place my order just to make sure the costs look like they make sense. I'd post a picture here but I want them to be a surprise so if someone could PM me or talk to me on Google+ that would be super fantastic.

I'm all set.

girlgamer88 on
    8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I ordered 150 cards, I hope that is enough. Including shipping it cost me about $40 and should get to me in a week or so. Thanks to browncoatbeth for whipping it up for me. Now to find a ton of googly eyes...

pureval on
  • TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    I got my cards yesterday, I'll put pics up later... maybe... depends how lazy I am XD

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I think I forgot to ask for a number for the MMT card. Is 617 still available?

HI3789R.png
  • MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular
    Cards!!
    mecardf.jpgmecardb.jpg

punzie wrote: »
    I think I forgot to ask for a number for the MMT card. Is 617 still available?

#617 set for MMT.

• Doc RogersDoc Rogers Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I made my order a little bit ago. Hopefully they will ship in time. I'm sure they will.

• Deadly McSlidesDeadly McSlides Registered User new member
    Could I get a card number?

Could I get a card number?

#63 is yours!

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    I ordered 150 cards, I hope that is enough. Including shipping it cost me about $40 and should get to me in a week or so. Thanks to browncoatbeth for whipping it up for me. Now to find a ton of googly eyes...

welcome welcome!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    My card order has been sent off to the elves at JakPrints. Many thanks to browncoatbeth for helping me with my card!
    PAX-East-Jobiwan-Front-1.jpgPAX-East-Jobiwan-Back-1.jpg

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    alright, so i'm back in. i'll be using zazzle, which sounds like it has pretty fast turnaround, so hopefully i have a little more time. but i need a new number! last year i had #038. assuming that's taken, can i get some other configuration of those numbers?

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    Just ordered mine. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

This discussion has been closed.