As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4e PbP] Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night manChampion of the sunRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Critical Failures
Keep on the Shadowfell

[H1 D&D 4E Adventure Module]
__________________________________________________________________________________

header-7.png

__________________________________________________________________________________
This is the out-of-character thread. The in-character thread can be found here.

The Party

Barran Brightsoul, Tiefling Bard (played by @El Skid)
Dire, Tiefling Wizard (played by @Hensler)
Halvard, Goliath Barbarian (played by @Denada)
Panmorn, Human Paladin (played by @RedDawn)
Zevi, Elven Ranger (played by @ronrab)

The Story Thus Far
--Prologue: On the Road to Winterhaven

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
Figgy on

• ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    Tossed a post up in the IC thread to make sure I've got the basic formatting right.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That's a good point- you mentioned posting in colours I think at one point. What are the formatting requirements, Figgy?

e- I put up my attempt. Feel free to critique and I can edit if needed :)

El Skid on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Formatting syntax is explained in the OP. Check the spoiler. @ronrab can you edit your post to remove the bbcode quote tags?

edited March 2012
    Oh hey, I missed that spoiler. Thanks Figgy!

e- fixed colour

El Skid on
    edited March 2012
    Figgy- Permission to use a flute as Bard Implement, at least till I get a magic instrument and/or songblade?

A Bard using a wand is incredibly dumb imo, but them's the rules... so requesting GM fiat.

El Skid on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Sounds good!

Thanks! :D

• RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    RedDawn on
    Thank god someone took perception :D

Ha yeah, I'd roll but even with a 20 I'd only end up with 22, I don't think that would help us much.

Figgy: it would be helpful to indicate on the outside of the spoiler who it's actually for. It's hard to open those without reading part of the actual message, at least for me. (As it happened this one was for my character, anyway...)

I don't think it is that big of a deal, in a regular game the DM would talk to the whole party. The party just has to pretend not to know :).

I can do that. I was likening it to RL DnD where the other players would hear what I was telling the one player anyway.

But I can indicate from now on. I'll double spoiler, to keep clutter down when there are multiple notes.

Awesome! Thanks.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Having trouble logging into Invisible Castle, made a new account, just waiting for the authorization link now. Hopefully that fixes it.

@figgy : Still no authorization e-mails from Invisible Castle yet, and I've tired 2 different addresses for my new account. What would you like me to do for rolls while I wait for that to get straightened out?

Hensler wrote: »
    @figgy : Still no authorization e-mails from Invisible Castle yet, and I've tired 2 different addresses for my new account. What would you like me to do for rolls while I wait for that to get straightened out?

If you are using gmail, check your spam folder, I think that was where mine ended up.

If you guys want to switch over to Orokos, that's fine. Is it better than IC? Looks about the same. But if Orokos is more reliable, then that's a thing.

Looks like the problem may with the Invisible Castle site - I'm getting error messages when I try to use their contact form for support, too.

I'll set up an Orokos account - never used it before, but I don't want to make the whole group switch.

From what I've seen Orokos let's you import you character sheets from the builder which is nice. Plus it has dice links next to your abilities.

Maybe we should all switch over. It just looks like a more intuitive system in general. Plus, IC seems to get down sometimes.

edited March 2012
    The good thing about Orokos is if you have created your character in the character generator, you upload the ddi file and make rolls just by clicking on the skill, and it fills in the campaign name, character name, bonus etc in for you.

I don't have access to the character generator, so I can't really use Orokos that way without someone else creating and maintaining the character for me... So I'm happy where we are now. :)

El Skid on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I've used both for a long time and I'm fine with either one.

Also Halvard has taken his turn and almost bloodied one of the dragonshields. Good start!

edited March 2012
    Nice job there. I just went as well.

Edit: Well as it turns out I messed up when I tried to mark the one next to you. Since I didn't engage it the mark ends on the end of my turn, whoops. My bad.

RedDawn on
    The careful explanations are great for those of us who haven't had a chance to do much 4th ed before, Figgy - thank you!

Wasted a crit on a minion's roll!

I tried Orokos out for a few of the creatures' moves. Looks like a nice roller, too. Not sure which I like better. You guys are free to use whichever is easiest for you. Just try to remain consistent.

At least the one hit was a solid one... was hoping to get one down to remove their flanking bonus.

KD2 has all of 4 HP left- I'm sure we'll be able to manage something.

That's the thing! I was so clooooose...

Well, I just missed horribly. How do I mark El Skid as up next? Since he has a 2 word name, I'm currently tagging just "El".

Just put his name in quotes, as in: atsymbol"El Skid" instead of atsymbolEl Skid.

Got it!

So...do I make the MBA for Halvard in these situations to save time? In this case it's Halvard's turn next anyway, so I'll let him do it- You have an MBA and then a target to charge at if you so choose, sir!

Ahahahaha. A 1 and a 2. Maybe we should switch to Orokos after all >_>

At least I'm getting them out of the way right now*. I'd hate to see that on a daily/encounter AP combo or something.

*I know this isn't how RNGs or dice actually work.

edited March 2012
    Hensler, make sure you're linking your rolls. You can use IC or Orokos, whichever you prefer. Just copy/paste the BBLINK each system gives you when you make a roll. Paste it into the template where it says "PASTEROLLHERE" and it will automatically show the roll and make it a link.
    [color="Darkorange"][b]Standard Action:[/b] Basic Melee Attack [b]Move Action:[/b] Run from J12 to A12[/color]
        [color="red"][b]Attack Roll:[/b] xxPASTEROLLHERExx [b]Damage Roll:[/b] xxPASTEROLLHERExx [/color]
        [color="green"][b][Up Next: @";Mary Poppins"][/b]

If you're in IC, you want the 'BBCODE' that it shows at the bottom in teal.

If you're in Orokos, you want the little 'bbcode' button, which will then bring down the text you need to copy and paste.

Figgy on
    Sorry about that, totally forgot. Here's my roll history (only 1 roll on there so far): http://orokos.com/roll/m-Hensler

Figgy, for the monsters' turn, if anyone of the casters is missed by a minion, I get a free slide 1/round. Move whoever gets missed away from having CA granted primarily, and away from the corner while you're at it where possible.

I'm going to be respecing my character after this encounter, provided we survive.

Ha, we should make it through, I hope :).

We'll be fine :)