As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Ultimate Comics] Divided We Fall

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ahh okay.

I'm actually excited for a possible 616/Ultimate Spider-Man cross over as long as it's one thing and done.

Imagine the impact on May seeing a grown up Peter.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Ahh okay.

I'm actually excited for a possible 616/Ultimate Spider-Man cross over as long as it's one thing and done.

Imagine the impact on May seeing a grown up Peter.

Or of him seeing a teenage Gwen.

"Here's a Reed Richards inter-dimensional telephone.

Call me when you turn 18."

Robos A Go Go on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I still think it'll be time-travel or something, and Ultimate Pete will get to meet his successor/Miles will get some tips from his predecessor.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    A crossover would be cool, I think

And Bendis is a good enough writer (and a good enough Spidey writer) that he would make it fun and probably quite uplifting too

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    8tFsh.png

If only.

In time, you will learn to love this new Scarlet Spider just as much.

He's morally ambiguous, you know, and kids love that.

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Bringing back Ben Reilly would be the redundant-est thing

and this is coming from someone who likes the character

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    yeah

Oh hey we have Peter Parker and also Kaine who is a clone of Peter but kind of different and now we will also have Ben who is a clone of Peter and pretty much the same?

CYpGAPn.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Have any of you dudes had issue with the digital codes?

I just grabbed all the UC issues with them, with the intent of linking my comixology account and buying the older issues on there. When I went to register them, the system ate three of my books, actually redeemed two properly, and the sixth was misprinted and for the wrong title.

Fun! Also, I've been trying to contact Marvel support, and they won't get back to me.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    SO new Ultimatized character in X-men this week
    John Walker in da house

Quire.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    John Walker in da house

Wait WHAT.

He's the coolest person ever, right?

edited March 2012
    TexiKen wrote: »
    John Walker in da house

Wait WHAT.

He's the second-in-command at Camp Angel, an interment camp for mutants, and his superior is an old dude who's talking about how close he is to retiring.

So one imagines that the old dude will get killed, and Walker will be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVJTcNRc3k&feature=related

and take it out on the mutants.

Robos A Go Go on
    TexiKen wrote: »
    John Walker in da house

Wait WHAT.

He's the second-in-command at Camp Angel, an interment camp for mutants, and his superior is an old dude who's talking about how close he is to retiring.

So one imagines that the old dude will get killed, and Walker will be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVJTcNRc3k&feature=related

and take it out on the mutants.

Which is pretty tragic since
    the Commander is like the one not crazy person trying to get Humans and Mutants to get along. It is not going well.

Quire.jpg
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Some Ultimate Comics stuff from this weeks AIC (also looks like a mini will be announced on sunday!)
    Shifting gears to the Ultimate line for a moment, SpiderX wanted to know, "Is there any chance we will see former Ultimate Fantastic Four Members Sue and Ben show up in the new Ultimate Comics? I'm sure they would be interested to know about Reed as the Maker of the Children of Tomorrow and Johnny's whereabouts. I was also thinking since Sue is a biotechnologist, Fury could get her to come in and help analyze Miles. She could give an explanation as to how his abilities work and maybe even discover those webshooters that he so desperately needs. *wink* *wink*"

Alonso: Spider X, have you been bugging our offices? I'll give you this: One of the characters you've mentioned will show up in "Ultimates" #10 and play a big role in the stunning conclusion to the war with Reed Richards' City in issue #12. As for the web shooters, all I can say is, if -- and I mean, IF -- Miles gets web-shooters -- or anything like them -- you'll know the same time he does.

He followed up asking, "With 'Ultimate Hawkeye' finished are there plans for another Ultimate Universe Mini-series?"

Alonso: All I can say is we have some very special plans brewing in the Ultimate Comics Universe, with new blood like Sam Humphries ("The Ultimates") and an exciting writer whose name will provoke ooh's and ahh's at WonderCon coming into the mix -- it's a great time to be an Ultimate Comics reader.

And on the Spidey side of the Ultimate U, robcastor729 had this query about some classic villains: "Will we see Carnage and/or Venom again in the Ultimate Universe?"

Alonso: Venom and Carnage are in the queue, but it'll be a little while before you see them.

Also some preview art from Ultimates #10 (Luke Ross' first issue)
    1331936339.jpg

1331936341.jpg

1331936399.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Some Ultimate Comics stuff from this weeks AIC (also looks like a mini will be announced on sunday!)
    Shifting gears to the Ultimate line for a moment, SpiderX wanted to know, "Is there any chance we will see former Ultimate Fantastic Four Members Sue and Ben show up in the new Ultimate Comics? I'm sure they would be interested to know about Reed as the Maker of the Children of Tomorrow and Johnny's whereabouts. I was also thinking since Sue is a biotechnologist, Fury could get her to come in and help analyze Miles. She could give an explanation as to how his abilities work and maybe even discover those webshooters that he so desperately needs. *wink* *wink*"

Alonso: Spider X, have you been bugging our offices? I'll give you this: One of the characters you've mentioned will show up in "Ultimates" #10 and play a big role in the stunning conclusion to the war with Reed Richards' City in issue #12. As for the web shooters, all I can say is, if -- and I mean, IF -- Miles gets web-shooters -- or anything like them -- you'll know the same time he does.

He followed up asking, "With 'Ultimate Hawkeye' finished are there plans for another Ultimate Universe Mini-series?"

Alonso: All I can say is we have some very special plans brewing in the Ultimate Comics Universe, with new blood like Sam Humphries ("The Ultimates") and an exciting writer whose name will provoke ooh's and ahh's at WonderCon coming into the mix -- it's a great time to be an Ultimate Comics reader.

And on the Spidey side of the Ultimate U, robcastor729 had this query about some classic villains: "Will we see Carnage and/or Venom again in the Ultimate Universe?"

Alonso: Venom and Carnage are in the queue, but it'll be a little while before you see them.

Also some preview art from Ultimates #10 (Luke Ross' first issue)
    1331936339.jpg

1331936341.jpg

1331936399.jpg

I hope if Sue and Ben re-appear ( un-intended pun!) , that their budding relationship isn't just tossed aside.

It isn't really budding since they are married or at least engaged to be

CYpGAPn.png
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Hm, they said only one of those characters would show up though. So who would stand a better chance against Richards, Sue or Ben?

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Oh really? I musta missed a mini then, last I read they were budding! Which series married them?

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Oh really? I musta missed a mini then, last I read they were budding! Which series married them?
    She asked him to marry her at the end of Ultimate Doom, that was the last we've seen of them

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hm, they said only one of those characters would show up though. So who would stand a better chance against Richards, Sue or Ben?

As much as I want to see an interaction between Sue and Reed, and while Sue probably would be able to combat him one on one better, I really wanna see what Ben can do.

H9f4bVe.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Ben is one of the most powerful Ultimate Universe heroes right now though

He's even stronger than he was when he was regular Thing

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Have we seen him fight at all?

I haven't seen him since Doomsday

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    Have we seen him fight at all?

I haven't seen him since Doomsday

He fought in Doomsday! (against the mutated Captain Marvel and the final battle), We saw Ben and Sue very briefly in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 155, but really doomsday was their last appearance.

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Re: The Ultimates #10 preview art:
    Ugh. War Machine. That asshat is the worst.

Sneaks on
    Brian Wood is the new writer of Ultimate X-Men as of issue 12

I like him more than Spencer so woo!

CYpGAPn.png
    I really enjoyed Spencer, but could understand why people don't. Wonder if this means that Spencer is pretty much done with Marvel?

Maaaan, Humphries and Wood are still great writers, but it's a little discouraging that they couldn't even get through a year with the writers they were hyping.

• RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed Spencer, but could understand why people don't. Wonder if this means that Spencer is pretty much done with Marvel?
    Spencer did an AMA on Reddit a week or two back and said he had some new projects from Marvel coming up soon.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    what is an ama?

"Ask Me Anything"

BKV did one last week too.

I feel weird about Spencer. It seemed like he was going to be this huge star super quick, but as soon as he signed Marvel exclusive he receded into the deep background. Has he done anything for Marvel besides UXM and Iron Man 2.0? I wonder how he would've done if he had stayed at DC a while longer. DC's writing talent pool is still so shallow that it seems like it'd be easier to make a name for yourself there.

He was on Secret Avengers for a while.

HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Maaaan, Humphries and Wood are still great writers, but it's a little discouraging that they couldn't even get through a year with the writers they were hyping.

If Hickman got pulled to work on Avengers I don't exactly think it says anything bad.

I am super bummed to lose him.

I'm less bummed losing Spencer.

Quire.jpg
    I think it's bad. Ultimates is a title that will have a lot more editorial freedom than a title like Avengers will.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Well, new issue of Ultimates was pretty good. Cant wait to see how the next one turns out since it seems to all be coming to a head now.

Yeah, loved the new issue. Can't wait to see the new suit Tony was building.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nng. Pretty disappointed, personally. Nothing really happened - we're about two minutes beyond where we were last issue. Everything could have been done in half the pages, or less. Lots of big splash pages, but not much moving forwards. Maybe they had to stretch it out cuz there was so much awesome stuff planned for the next one.

H9f4bVe.png
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Nng. Pretty disappointed, personally. Nothing really happened - we're about two minutes beyond where we were last issue. Everything could have been done in half the pages, or less. Lots of big splash pages, but not much moving forwards. Maybe they had to stretch it out cuz there was so much awesome stuff planned for the next one.

Nothing happened?!
    The President/Joint Secrurity Team taking over shield, the President launching nukes, Hulk getting talked down by Reed, and Zorn officially attacking is nothing?

Nothing happened?!
    The President/Joint Secrurity Team taking over shield, the President launching nukes, Hulk getting talked down by Reed, and Zorn officially attacking is nothing?

Eh.
    Zorm was already storming off angrily at the end of last issue. We knew he was flying off to attack the City, with all of his scary undefined powers. That didn't change. Did we really need three pages to see that Zorm was still angry and has scary undefined powers?

The US president stuff could have been done quicker. The nuke splashpage would have made a good half-way point. If they expected my jaw to drop at the sight of America's full military might unleashed, they shouldn't have spent 7 issues showing me how completely inadequate the US is against the City. Zorm swallowing the lot of them before clashing with City forces would've been a good opportunity to show him doing something, and revealing that Hulk had joined up with Reed would've be a great shocker ending. I expect we'll see that at the end of next ish.

If they're going to have the president doing stuff, I'm more interested in following Nick Fury's strained loyalties towards a guy who's pushing for a war the States would get their asses kicked in. I'd have liked to see Fury's reaction to the 'Winter Protocols' forcing the take-over of his operation.

Last ish we were left on the precipice of a huge brawl. This issue, we're left again on the precipice of pretty much the same brawl. Let's get to the brawl already.

H9f4bVe.png
    Anyone else do a lot of double takes this issue with who was who? It figures out really easy, it was more a first glance thing.
    Hawkeye in Wonderman's costume, when Britain is drunk at the computers, I thought he was Tony, then Tony in overalls looked like Fixer at first glance , heh