As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Ok, Dungeon Defenders? Doing updates by downloading the entire 3 GB install every other thing is terrible. Why are you doing this? I only have 150KB down. Don't make me hate you.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Ok, Dungeon Defenders? Doing updates by downloading the entire 3 GB install every other thing is terrible. Why are you doing this? I only have 150KB down. Don't make me hate you.
    It's only downloading 800 megs for me.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So after playing a bit of Burnout today, I go to play it again, pick up my controller and nothing... Unplug/Plug it back in different USB ports and all I get is the 4 led's in a circle light up and then go out. It's a MadCatz 360 pad, and it's only a few years old, and has only seen very mild use. If it's alt least getting power(I assume by the lights flashing on and off) is there anything anyone can suggest to fix it?

50433.png?1708759015
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I think my name in Burnout is tsmvengy. Add me!

steam_sig.png
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Does anyone happen to have a Steam copy of Mass Effect 2 laying around from when it's been on sale? That way I could trade something for it instead of searching around for the manual that I was too dumb to keep track of.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Getting lots of fun Steam errors today. Can't download the Defenders of Ardania demo and can't launch Burnout.
    I had some problems, too, but switching my download server fixed it, somehow.
    Frem wrote: »
    It definitely wasn't a 3 GB download this time for me. The 2nd of the Eternia Shards DLC just landed, with a lot of added content. The game is designed so that even people that don't have the DLC can experience the DLC, so everyone gets a download.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    Is wizorb actually good?

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm enjoying it. I love the artwork and music. I think I might enjoy block breakers more than the average person, though.

I do wish it had more RPGness to it. I thought we were going to be able to level stuff up and choose different spells and stuff, and so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

It does have some cool stuff in it, though. You can collect keys and if your ball hits a locked door it goes to a shop that lets you buy items like extra lives or a magnet that makes the ball stick to your wand.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Man, I keep forgetting I got the ability to play as a TAU in Last Stand. I only fired it up once, and played one round before being distracted to something else. So If anyone wants to play some Last Stand, hit me up!

Better late then never but, hit me up, I play a couple times a week at least.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Guys. I need more racers in Burnout. Friend me on steam, or friend me in game. CorriganX for both.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Im knockin out for the night. I think the worst part of the month is over as far as work goes so I should be home and open for racing burnouts around 6pm pacific.

camo_sig2.png
  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Oh, so THAT'S why you guys told me (and everyone else) to buy Burnout.

Because it's fucking awesome as shit.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    I only have console experience to go from, but I honestly liked Burnout 3 better than Paradise. But, if you like the open world thing, more power to you. (Plus I see that 3 isn't on steam...)

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Ugh, just started ME3 on PS3 and my controller died. Guess I was wise to invest in that 360 controller for my PC games a couple months ago. Gonna be a week before I can get back Shepard and crew though. PC game time!

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Is there even the slightest chance that anyone in here doesn't have Terraria? Because I have several copies to give away from when it was on sale last summer. That was when we got the new forum, right?

I'm gonna have to make you do something ridiculous for them, however. I'll think of what it is when I'm less drunk, though. Open to suggestions, though.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, Burnout won't let Corrigan and I play together. If we try to connect to one another, it appears like we're playing together for about 5 seconds, and then whoever attempted to join the game gets kicked with a connection error message.

Now, before you say "loosen up your firewall settings", here's where it gets weird: We can both connect, both hosting and joining, to other people. In fact, we even ran a test where we had a third party host a game. I joined, and he was unable to join. Then I left, and he joined, and it worked fine for him, but I was unable to join.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Deus Ex: HR - Finished. Another one off my GameBank(™) - once again, a big thanks to that Classy fellow @Hyperion.

Not sure what to work on next. So many games...

50433.png?1708759015
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I started to get a bit bored with Bulletstorm so I'm going to quickly get through that now, so I can uninstall it. It's not a bad game by any means but the skillshot system is actually strangely making it more repetitive for me, because I go into every fight looking for certain skillshots, rather than just playing it.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Does anyone happen to have a Steam copy of Mass Effect 2 laying around from when it's been on sale? That way I could trade something for it instead of searching around for the manual that I was too dumb to keep track of.

Do you just need the manual, or the full game? I have Mass Effect 2.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I started to get a bit bored with Bulletstorm so I'm going to quickly get through that now, so I can uninstall it. It's not a bad game by any means but the skillshot system is actually strangely making it more repetitive for me, because I go into every fight looking for certain skillshots, rather than just playing it.

To be honest, I didn't really pay attention to the skillshot system. I just went in and kicked people then lasso'd them then slid into them while filling them with bullets and bomb flails and shotgun-vaporizing their torsos and killing all their dicks. Once I started getting more weapons and unlocking their special moves, the game really picked up quickly.

Mostly it was just me using the shotgun though, I love that thing. The flailgun was pretty lame when I first used it, but it became really awesome in the latter parts of the game.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

I was in the same predicament, but since I had previously registered the game on Bioware's site EA put ME2 in my Origin account. It took an hour or so with the online customer service, and it's Origin, but you'll be able to play ME2.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Guys. Guys!

Crusader Kings is amazing.

In my current game, playing as a Duke of some small place that doesn't really matter, I got a message from my spymaster, uncovering a plot from my daughter-in-law to kill one of my two sons, her husband's young brother.

According to the current succession laws, my older son will inherit most of what I currently own. But the younger son will still inherit a fraction of it. So her plan is to kill the younger one, so her husband can keep everything himself.

The thing is: the spymaster IS my older son, her husband. And I'll tell you something: when this virtual guy came to me telling about his wife, who he has been married with for the last 10 years and gave him 3 kids, plotting to kill his young brother, it honestly crushed my heart. It's like a bad soup opera, except it's amazing.

While still trying to decide between sending my son's wife to jail or simply threatening her to drop her murderous plot, I suddenly realized something: it would actually be in my best interest if my older son inherited everything himself, for he will be the one I'll be playing with when my current character dies. And changing succession laws is a pain in the ass.

So... I will let her go on with her plan, without saying anything.

Right now, my spymaster is being sent to some distant province, to "study their technologies".

And I hope he will forgive me someday.

steam_sig.png
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Nice checkbox:
    2DQKA.png

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I only have console experience to go from, but I honestly liked Burnout 3 better than Paradise. But, if you like the open world thing, more power to you. (Plus I see that 3 isn't on steam...)

And not too mention it was just on sale for 5 bucks.

3 is my favorite as well, but Paradise is still a damn good game. For 5 dollars you can't go wrong.

As far as Burnout goes for the PC, Paradise is your only option anyway.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Wow, I forgot how fun Burnout is, even if it's not my favorite Burnout, Paradise really is awesome.

My first race I missed a turn and realized I was completely off the path to the finish. I was in 8th place and had no other cars on my mini map, but I figured I'd finish anyway even if I would be last. So I tried to get back on path and took some curvy roads up the mountain. Then I come to a red light and I'm about to turn when like 5 other cars race through it. I manged to get in front of the first guy right before we crossed the finish line and I came in first. :D

The worst part of the game is having to constantly bring up your map to re-evaluate your path. It got so tedious to keep bringing it up to make sure I was going in the right direction.

On the other hand, the best thing about the game is that you can go any way you want to get to the objective, no matter how crazy it is. So many awesome shortcuts.

The game gives you on screen prompts of where you should turn.

... what? Really!?

Is this feature on all the platforms? Are you telling me I somehow missed these directions despite playing through the entire game and getting all the cars on the PS3?

Wow I am ignorant :(

The street signs at the intersections flash when the game thinks you should turn. And there's an audio indicator too, like the sound a blinker makes.

!

So many hours wasted, pulling open the map screen! Holy crap!

I'm sorry, Icemopper, but that's seriously funny. How badly do you want to rush home and see it for yourself?

I get out of work in 7 minutes, home in 30. First thing I'm doing tonight.

I hope it works, because if for some reason (its bugged for you), I think you will become a broken shell of a man now.

I'm all grown up now.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, shit. I put Wizorb on my wishlist to remind myself it was on Steam now (I thought it looked really cool when it came up in the thread previously), and not 10 minutes later @rikdaly gifted me a copy of it! Thank you, man.

vmtdB.gif

• EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jeez, Wizorb's only 3 bucks? Well, guess that'll be a purchase when I get home.

You know, I wish there were some kind of articles or presentation or numbers on game pricing that I could look at. I feel like there are some interesting trends there, and I wish to be appraised of them.

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So after playing a bit of Burnout today, I go to play it again, pick up my controller and nothing... Unplug/Plug it back in different USB ports and all I get is the 4 led's in a circle light up and then go out. It's a MadCatz 360 pad, and it's only a few years old, and has only seen very mild use. If it's alt least getting power(I assume by the lights flashing on and off) is there anything anyone can suggest to fix it?

I've had this happen. A simple restart of my computer fixed it.

• cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Any word on Majesty 2? I played the original back in the day, but I have no idea if the new one is any good.

Oh, and Burnout Paradise seems like a cool game, just played it today, but man it has a really crappy console interface.

edited March 2012
    This isn't Steam, but it just has been announced that Diablo 3 will be released on May 15th. The relevant PA thread can be found here.

edit: fixed link

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Seems I can't put the Bastion soundtrack on my wishlist.

But then how will everyone know I want the Bastion soundtrack? It's so unfair.

Also, is anybody else's mousewheel scrolling acting weird on Steam? Since yesterday, it's been strange and jerky for me, but my mouse is fine on everything else.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • PeteRoseHairPeteRoseHair Registered User regular
    I picked up Wizorb off Steam but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It's the end of our financial quarter at work, so things have been more nuts than I'd like. This weekend though it's all Wizorb, Fractals, Vampire and Dungeon Defenders.

steam_sig.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I need some more Wizorb in my life!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    You can register your ME2 CD key on Origin if you wanted to. ME1 is too old and doesn't work though.
    You can, but you had to use some secret link thing on ea's website rather than doing in origin. Let me see if I can dig up the link

EDIT: https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do or try using the live help chat

If I get through my Steam copies of ME1 & ME2, will I be able to carry over my save to ME3 on Origin? If not, is there a way to register my Steam keys on Origin? I'm assuming there has to be a way to do this, because even EA couldn't be stupid or malicious enough to lock ME3 away from 1&2. I just want confirmation.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    The games let you search for the save games anyway so it shouldn't matter where you got them from

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Indie royalle is up. Hard reset up ins. Havent looked at the full list yet though. They just tweeted about it.

Edit: jolly rover, vertex dispenser, dlc quest and a bonus game from the dlc quest people

initiatefailure on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    The games let you search for the save games anyway so it shouldn't matter where you got them from

ME3 doesn't, but as long as you have it in the folder the game expects, it'll use it.

0DFKG-H3XH3-3BFY7

B2b1M.gif
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Indie Royale is live.

Hard Reset
    Jolly Roger
    Vertex Dispenser
    DLC Quest
    Lair of the Evil Doer

camo_sig2.png
  • cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote: »
    0DFKG-H3XH3-3BFY7

Nabbed it, thanks!