As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MechWarrior Online - Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. Open Beta Online.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Look up the Bloodhound for a real ugly looking design

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Pretty much every mech art is godawful. I don't know how that guy managed to keep his job and I am so happy with the new artist.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Duane Loose was the best

Got the original 3025 TRO with his art, it's a year older than I am

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Also I liked the guy who did the Clan art in the 3060 TRO? Whichever one had the Blood Asp

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Look up the Bloodhound for a real ugly looking design

xrwQR.gif

it does look kind of... dog like

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Now find a Jagermech III

It's a walking trashcan yet I can't help but love it

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    the Jenner looks like it could have been an early, rough sketch for the Catapult that the artist tried to pass off as a second mech because his deadline was up

Scudo on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Also I liked the guy who did the Clan art in the 3060 TRO? Whichever one had the Blood Asp

Matt Plog, who is moderately better but still prone to creating this sort of thing. Look at those poor malnutrioned legs.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    rqJ5s.png

Look at its little t-rex arms as it feebly fans its Axe at you!

• Options
    Clan Shadow Hedgehog's feared Robotnik

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I just love how Plog puts lenses in the barrels of laser weapons, it's a great artistic touch

Also the Piranha and Solitaire rule

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Urbanmech Appreciation Society

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Regarding that Jackal, Wiet, I don't think Plog was allowed to redesign the thing from scratch

He did his best with one of the uglier 3050 era designs

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Gimme a Tarantula.

3055u_Tarantula.png

• Options
    The current artist, Alex Iglesias, is so much better it hurts. He's the one doing all the concept art for this game. The story about how he got employed is fantastic.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    the next doodle thread should be "rejected MechWarrior designs"

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I mean come on. How adorable is this little guy?

Urban.jpg

SO adorable.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    like Draconis Combine's dreaded NPRmech, which beseeched its enemies to support public radio with a small donation

• Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    The death of Chromehounds has left a gaping hole in my soul. I hope MWO will fix it. World of Tanks has been kind of a temporary patch.

Also I want the fastest yet most useless light mech. I will arm it with one (1) laser of the weakest type. Why I want to do this I don't know, I just know that I want to do it.

• Options
    I used to play MW4 CTF in a clan, the big heavy turret mechs would guard the flag, mediums would work the midfield/pursue, and lights would be flag runners

I used a Raven, stripped of almost all armor and weapons, with the biggest engine upgrade and radar jammers

the big guys could usually cripple me (or worse) in one shot, but if they missed, I was gone

• Options
    MW4 multiplayer was terrible with all those jump snipers around, it could've been so good and yet turned out so bad.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone ever play living legends?

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    like Draconis Combine's dreaded NPRmech, which beseeched its enemies to support public radio with a small donation

I was amused.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    It's Wednesday and a new developer Q&A is out and can be found here.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Mechwarrior is one of the things I've always loved the idea of but due to circumstances never ended up playing any of the games for long- downloaded 4 mercenaries for free somehow last time this thread came around but that was about a week before the steam sales hit so I haven't touched it in ages. Looking forward to having a Mech game I can actually play when it's new and pretty.

mech 4 mercs is awesome

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    Scudo wrote: »

I was amused.

S1ESA.png

• Options
    fantastic

• Options
    If allies can feed their teammates targeting information - does that mean that firesupport mechs (ala the Catapult) can receive LRM locks from allies as well? Will that require a module? –Listless Nomad
    [DAVID] You can receive the targeting information from an ally but you can’t instantly receive a standard missile lock from them as well. You can, however, acquire a missile lock normally on any enemy that’s targeted by an ally simply by aiming at them yourself (even if there are obstacles in the way). Though I should add that the exact workings of equipment like Narc beacons, which essentially create missile locks, are still be designed and they may provide exceptions to that rule.

Yes! YES!. Someone bring me a scout pilot. I will rain death from the sky.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'll be your scout

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'll start out a filthy Merc. But as soon as I can switch...

Ghost Bear forever

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I'll start out a filthy Merc. But as soon as I can switch...

Ghost Bear forever

Star Adder!

• Options
    I'm still wish they'd put in Comstar rather than Rasalhague. My dreams of harassing people with giant robots for not paying their phone bill are shattered.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I will never, ever get why Duane Loose's stuff is practically worshipped.

Wierd looking, occasionally incomrehensible, awkwardly posed robots, interspersed with some sorta okay drawings of designs Studio Nue made.

I mean there are some really good ones too, but, man.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Have you considered that you smell

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Gotta agree with Waffle. Most of his mech art looks like shit from a pig's ass.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    Wiet wrote: »
    I'm still wish they'd put in Comstar rather than Rasalhague. My dreams of harassing people with giant robots for not paying their phone bill are shattered.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/11/19

Except it's an Atlas.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    2012 is the year of the mech

All I want is Hawken right now though

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    Hawken is slated to be released in like, December right? This game should be out before then, they have it planned for the summer of this year.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hawken looks alright but for my Mech dollar I always go with Mechwarrior.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've been unimpressed by footage of Hawken. It looks too much like an FPS with robot skins, rather than the measured tactical mech combat simulator I crave. But I'm willing to be proved wrong.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.