As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    according to their site graphic cards, and memory wont affect it, anything else is likely to hit you up
    Answer: With regards to the activation system, a PC configuration consists of the most important hard- and software components of your computer, including the operating system, the CPU, the motherboard and the system hard drive. Small changes such as exchanging the graphics card or adding RAM are not considered changes to the PC configuration and therefore do not require a new activation.

edit: ill stop now, i know im fanatical on this point and i really dont want to get everyone to stop using ubi, rather show im not quite as insane as it might look

edit2: in an attempt to fix the worst totp ever
    vmtdB.gif

farbekrieg on
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    @Ketar is a super classy gent for gifting me Unstoppable Gorg! <3 You guys and your classiness.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i might have to pick up gorg, i remember when it first came up, it seemed like a cool spin on Tower defense., and 5 is in my impulse range

sadly would have to tear myself away from FM2012.

camo_sig.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Same note, Anyone have impressions on Defenders of Ardania?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/73060/

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Nobody told me Burnout: Paradise was this good!

Absolutely loving the ideas this game has.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

I might not have conveyed it properly, but I'm fairly sure I've said to get Burnout Paradise every time it's been on sale.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I sure wish Anno 2070 wasn't 30$. That's sitting right outside my impulse range. I've wanted an Anno game since they took the old one off Steam before could snag it.

Choices.

steam_sig.png
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I'm glad so many people are loving Burnout Paradise. It's my favorite racing game of all time, and I really hope a proper sequel is in store down the road.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I'm done with steam for a while. No more purchases! I swear I'm serious this time.

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself? :D

I have a PS3 library to build up! The Newell has to wait a little while.

• noweatnoweat Registered User regular
    so is it not possible to buy a four pack when you already own the game? package info even says 'send the extra copies to your friends'.

steam_sig.png
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Am I just not looking in the right place, or does Best Buy not carry any of the cheap USB wireless dongle to use a wireless XBox controller with my PC? I've got a $25 giftcard.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Meiz wrote: »
    My friend made a game called Wizorb. It should be on steam now. Think Pinbal quest but with Arkanoid.

@Sumanai did me the courtesy of gifting me said game, so I'll be sure to fire it up and check it out.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Agreed. Just a super fun game, and I usually am not a fan of the open world style. The fact that it's so fast, and yet crams so much stuff to do into it, really makes it good times.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    So I know that it's against serving the Newell but ME1 and 2 are 50% off on Origin, odds are these will never ever go on sale on Steam right?

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    The DRM is 3 installs. 1 wears out every month so if you install it 3 times in a month, you'll have to wait a month before you can again.

Anything else I'm missing?

I didn't know you got one install back every months, which makes it slightly better. Unfortunately for me is that I'll immediately take up two installs, one on my main machine and the other on my laptop.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    So I know that it's against serving the Newell but ME1 and 2 are 50% off on Origin, odds are these will never ever go on sale on Steam right?

Huh? They were on sale recently (as in: something like December or January) for their usual $5 for each.
    (In fact, I'm waiting for another one to give a gift to someone. Just not Origin.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So in Valve related and fairly unsurprising news: The Portal 2 Puzzle creator is currently in beta, and it's also going to be using Steam Workshop to distribute the levels / any other mods being made. Later on Valve intend to introduce Steam Workshop to Left 4 Dead as well (I'm presuming they mean the 2nd one).

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/14/portal-2-puzzle-creator-in-beta-testing-now-will-use-steam-workshop/

A one-stop listing for mods, and instead of obtuse install processes, literally just click, download and play. This is something I like very much. Reminds me a bit of Torchlight's mod interface "Tochleach".

Come to think of it, I wonder whether it's too late for Torchlight 2 to go with some kind of Steam Workshop implementation.

subedii on
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So after playing a bit of Burnout today, I go to play it again, pick up my controller and nothing... Unplug/Plug it back in different USB ports and all I get is the 4 led's in a circle light up and then go out. It's a MadCatz 360 pad, and it's only a few years old, and has only seen very mild use. If it's alt least getting power(I assume by the lights flashing on and off) is there anything anyone can suggest to fix it?

I've had this happen. A simple restart of my computer fixed it.

I tried that first, and still the same thing. Plugged the thing into a laptop and the same thing. Thank for the advice though.

50433.png?1708759015
  • ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    As has already been said, it's a free weekend for Dungeon Defenders. If you haven't played this game yet, you should. It is wonderful and awesome and great and you can play with quite a few fellow arcadians.

I will likely be around to play some low level stuff, and I would be happy to serve as a tutorial for any of you who are new to the game. Join the steam chat and/or message me if you're interested.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Today is the 75th anniversary of H.P. Lovecraft's death so to celebrate here are a few Cthulhu Saves the World codes for Steam!

KBACA-7ZCJJ-XFVKX
    DQQ6C-BDDTH-WBG6X
    CFGKP-ICRBB-7QX32

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    RainbowDespair, damn it, I can't take your incredible gift. I'm going to break down and finally buy your game instead.

steam_sig.png
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Today is the 75th anniversary of H.P. Lovecraft's death so to celebrate here are a few Cthulhu Saves the World codes for Steam!

KBACA-7ZCJJ-XFVKX
    DQQ6C-BDDTH-WBG6X
    CFGKP-ICRBB-7QX32

Thank you very much. Took the second one.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    You just reminded me that I have it, but haven't installed it yet! I'm sorry! Checking it out now.

Steam: offday
    edited March 2012

KBACA-7ZCJJ-XFVKX
    DQQ6C-BDDTH-WBG6X
    CFGKP-ICRBB-7QX32

stolen activated! and ty rainbow, ill have to do something next month as cash is thin atm

farbekrieg on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular

KBACA-7ZCJJ-XFVKX
    DQQ6C-BDDTH-WBG6X
    CFGKP-ICRBB-7QX32

I think I'll go buy a few more copies!

(Seriously, I've bought a ton of these things.)
    (Everyone should own these games.)

steam_sig.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    The DLCs for Dungeon Defenders are also on sale. I already have the game but haven't played it yet. Are any of the DLCs a must have?

camo_sig2.png
  • ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    The only one that's a must have is the one that isn't on sale. The others are amusing but not really necessary.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    The DLCs for Dungeon Defenders are also on sale. I already have the game but haven't played it yet. Are any of the DLCs a must have?
    The only "Must have" DLC is the only one not on sale. The eternia shards.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • BlubbergutsBlubberguts Registered User regular

KBACA-7ZCJJ-XFVKX
    DQQ6C-BDDTH-WBG6X
    CFGKP-ICRBB-7QX32

Grabbed the first one. Thanks.

I think some of the clothing options are wortwhile on sale, the regular squire graphic gets really old after awhile...

played for the first time in forever (ie im hitting 71) did item inflation ever slow down, i was really burned out having to dedicate monsterous amounts of time to maps to get to the 'good' drops

• AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Thanks again @Chocobolicious for BoD/CStW pack. Unfortunately I do not have a classy Cthulhu gif for these kind of events.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Although terribly classy I thought we were refraining from posting serials in the chats so we don't attract the wrong crowd :/

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Adellios wrote: »
    Thanks again @Chocobolicious for BoD/CStW pack. Unfortunately I do not have a classy Cthulhu gif for these kind of events.
    67da60c7-cd47-44e1-a3a0-5ff1507bdf8e.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Although terribly classy I thought we were refraining from posting serials in the chats so we don't attract the wrong crowd :/

Kinda noticed a few people with 1 comment, and very few months in service grabbing things as of late. Though it's not up to me to say who can give what to whom, I am just pointing out that it seems quite a few people are grabbing up the 'free keys' that haven't really been a 'part' of the community.

50433.png?1708759015
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Kinda noticed a few people with 1 comment, and very few months in service grabbing things as of late. Though it's not up to me to say who can give what to whom, I am just pointing out that it seems quite a few people are grabbing up the 'free keys' that haven't really been a 'part' of the community.

For that to be a real concern would require a pretty intense and constant monitoring of the thread to grab a key that quickly.

I mean, I suppose you could set it up so you receive every reply to the thread via e-mail and then have a filter that alerts you if it contains a key or a steamgifts.com link.

Maybe.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If you are looking to get into Dungeon Defenders (due to the free weekend and the sale), while 50% isn't the best price ever, the price is still pretty decent. If the game hooks into you after the free weekend, 7.50 is a good price for the game, and gives you a lot of content. The only DLCs that are worth purchasing are the character DLCs (the Barbarian Hero DLC and New Heroes DLC) and pre-ordering the Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC, but with the following recommendations:
    * The Barbarian Hero is neat, and adds a Hero/DPS-based character that has NO towers. You would not be able to solo with him, but he's fun to play in a group. Get this pack if you find that you prefer melee over building towers when playing with friends.
    * The New Heroes DLC adds a gender swap to each of the heroes. By default you have a Male Squire, Female Huntress, Male Apprentice, and Male Monk. The New Heroes DLC adds a Female Countess (Squire), Male Ranger (Huntress), Female Adept (Apprentice), and Female Initiate (Monk). The gender swaps have slightly different abilities, but with the exception of the Countess (who is widely considered one of the best Assault map characters), these changes are not significant in terms of gameplay. Get this pack if you want a character that is the opposite gender of your favorite class.
    * The Lost Eternia Shards DLC - If you get this, you should preorder all 4 DLC, as it unlocks the highest difficulty for all maps. It also adds exclusive (as in, non-shareable... you can't leech off of someone who bought it) Campaign and Challenge maps (1 campaign and 2-3 challenge maps per chapter). I think it also gives you access to the Assault Pack DLC for free. Only the first 2 chapters are out right now. I wouldn't pick this up unless you are ready for Nightmare mode or you've exhausted the content available in the main game. It is not on sale, and not likely to ever go on sale until all 4 parts are released. But it's the best DLC pack available right now.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Also, has it been mentioned that the St Patrick's Day Indie Royale bundle is up? 5 bucks for Hard Reset, basically.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Is Spectromancer online only?

Looks kinda neat.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Is Spectromancer online only?

Looks kinda neat.

No, but the AI is pretty terrible, so the single player is really only worth playing long enough to learn the mechanics.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I know that some of you folks are buying the indie royal bundle that already have Hard Reset. If you pass one of your extra keys my way, I'd be more than happy to trade for a month of PS+ to anybody that has a PS3, or at least pay it forward.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
This discussion has been closed.