As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• Options
    ItsIanKItsIanK Registered User regular
    Well, gave my liver a good run the past two nights to make sure things are up to speed. Looks like I'll be in "good shape" to drink with you all and not end up sloppy. And seeing as how Team Blue Gold is still a low numbered team...looks like we will ALL need to prepare adequately.

I'm just saying, Team Blue is known for picking up the slack when necessary, and we fully intend on winning this year, even if we do it with smaller numbers.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I can't wait for this. I plan on getting nice and toasty. I <3 not being a sloppy drunk.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote: »
    Any people from the Pokecrawl staying at the OmniParker House? I was thinking we could get one of the taxi services to send out a van to the last location.

It's a two block stumble ... I wouldn't sweat it.

I know as I am from the area...I just wanted to make sure my other teammates got back ok. Plus on a stumbling note on many occasions my buddy has made it a point to put his face into the Boston cobble. His dentist would appreciate any method we could employ to avoid it.

Are you staying there as well? We could have a Christmas colored stumbletrek.

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Any people from the Pokecrawl staying at the OmniParker House? I was thinking we could get one of the taxi services to send out a van to the last location.

I know as I am from the area...I just wanted to make sure my other teammates got back ok. Plus on a stumbling note on many occasions my buddy has made it a point to put his face into the Boston cobble. His dentist would appreciate any method we could employ to avoid it.

I should have my firm's corporate apartment, which is 1 block away ... so I guess I can walk one of the two blocks? Otherwise I'll just cab it/walk to my apt :D

Seriously though, the hotel's van would have to like ... drive up into Faneuil Hall to make the trip worth a damn ;)

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options

I should have my firm's corporate apartment, which is 1 block away ... so I guess I can walk one of the two blocks? Otherwise I'll just cab it/walk to my apt :D

Seriously though, the hotel's van would have to like ... drive up into Faneuil Hall to make the trip worth a damn ;)

If you could see my friends face you'd agree a cab ride of 10 ft was worth it. I am slightly jealous of you corp apt...but I'm not sure I am enough to wish I still worked in the office over the markets.

• Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oi, Team Blue Gold still needs a bunch of assistants.

Don't make me resort to nepotism, or picking assistants based on the length of their back hair or other silly criteria.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options

If you could see my friends face you'd agree a cab ride of 10 ft was worth it. I am slightly jealous of you corp apt...but I'm not sure I am enough to wish I still worked in the office over the markets.

Ahh, you used to be at 60 State or?

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Actually the 3rd Floor of the North Market Building. Used to work at an insurance agency that had an office up there.

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    lucazzo wrote: »
    Oi, Team Blue Gold still needs a bunch of assistants.

Don't make me resort to nepotism, or picking assistants based on the length of their back hair or other silly criteria.

Make sure to check their teeth and archery skills. Also a good session of jousting to eliminate the weaker ones is never a bad way to go.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    Red and blue teams, you may find the current Yetee shirt "The 151" to your liking: https://www.theyetee.com/
    I picked up the red ones for myself & my wife.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I doubt many of these locations will be on the crawl, but here's a list of 24 signature shots. At the very least, gives you some idea of the price range.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    tehnakki wrote: »
    If there's an opening anywhere you can add my boyfriend and I!
    And with that last roster update all teams are now closed. Unless people start dropping out do not plan on any spots opening up.

damn lol...my fault for not keeping tabs up with this post! I may stalk ya'll though at least lol

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    00MEG00MEG Registered User new member
    If possible I would like to be removed from team YELLOW SILVER and be a +1 on team YELLOW GOLD please =) and thank you!

• Options
    Actually the 3rd Floor of the North Market Building. Used to work at an insurance agency that had an office up there.

Gotcha, small world ;) If your friend needs to
    Direwolf wrote: »
    I doubt many of these locations will be on the crawl, but here's a list of 24 signature shots. At the very least, gives you some idea of the price range.

None of those bars are on the crawl, but that's a great list of places. Half the bars are really awesome, then another quarter are awesome dive bars (though TCs just burnt to the ground the other day :( )

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    tehnakki wrote: »
    If there's an opening anywhere you can add my boyfriend and I!
    And with that last roster update all teams are now closed. Unless people start dropping out do not plan on any spots opening up.

damn lol...my fault for not keeping tabs up with this post! I may stalk ya'll though at least lol

There's always(?) Team Snorlax!

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    folkitfolkit Lucille Bluth is my spirit animal. FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

Direwolf wrote: »

None of those bars are on the crawl, but that's a great list of places. Half the bars are really awesome, then another quarter are awesome dive bars (though TCs just burnt to the ground the other day :( )

Is there a list of bars posted?

edit: wait, just kidding, I read that wrong.

folkit on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Is anyone working on a Team Red shirt (or willing to)? I love my shirt from last year and would jump at buying another (if it's equally well-made and even half as awesome).

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Is anyone working on a Team Red shirt (or willing to)? I love my shirt from last year and would jump at buying another (if it's equally well-made and even half as awesome).

Unfortunately I don't have the time or resources to do another Team Red shirt this year but feel everyone is free to make their own if they wish.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Actually the 3rd Floor of the North Market Building.

I think you accidentally a word?

It's all about Green team sweatshirts! (Work in progress)
    2fzSI.jpg

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Fun!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular

That is one awesomely smug looking lizard.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    ThogginsThoggins Registered User new member
    Can I still add a +1 to my entry?

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Thoggins wrote: »
    Can I still add a +1 to my entry?

No. Signups are closed.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    Rhiley wrote: »

That is one awesomely smug looking lizard.

To be fair the dog is awesomely smug as well. I think the whole thing needs more top hat and monocle.

• Options
    UnlnvlslblEUnlnvlslblE Registered User regular

I don't think stumblor is coming this year... If he were here this year he would probably go full squirtle!

• Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    o

I don't think stumblor is coming this year... If he were here this year he would probably go full squirtle!

But everyone knows you never go FULL squirtle.

Kyuss on
  • Options
    ItsIanKItsIanK Registered User regular
    But everyone knows you never go FULL squirtle.

I laughed. But it doesn't make it any less true.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I know this isn't quite on topic, but starting a topic itself for this question which is related and people want to know so I'll ask. For the Boston peeps, What is the easiest way to mass transit from the convention center to the Sam Adams Brewery?

zepherin on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I know this isn't quite on topic, but starting a topic itself for this question which is related and people want to know so I'll ask. For the Boston peeps, What is the easiest way to mass transit from the convention center to the Sam Adams Brewery?

I'm versed in the buses so there may be an easier way by bus, but by subway you'd take silver->red (south station)->orange(downtown crossing)->stony brook. Sam Adams' website should have directions as well, if you need to double check. If you're going to be in town Thursday morning, the MMT will be doing the brewery tour: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/153810/east-prepax-magical-mystery-tour-2012-wednesday-44-thursday-45-schedule-posted

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Anyone at the seaport want to meet up and walk together to our starting point?

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I'm versed in the buses so there may be an easier way by bus, but by subway you'd take silver->red (south station)->orange(downtown crossing)->stony brook. Sam Adams' website should have directions as well, if you need to double check. If you're going to be in town Thursday morning, the MMT will be doing the brewery tour: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/153810/east-prepax-magical-mystery-tour-2012-wednesday-44-thursday-45-schedule-posted
    That's not a bad plan, however I plan on napping when I get in Thursday. So I can be better equipped for a pub crawl at night.

• Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

In the past there has always been a great mix, however I wouldn't come with expectations involving anything like "hooking up" That isn't the vibe of the crawl at all, it's a very fun and friendly group, don't mix those signals. Maybe she wants to be your pokebro, but doesn't want you to poke-her-bro.(not to say that is what you mean by this, but just in case! It also gave me an excuse to use that lame pun)

I don't know. I can think of at least one girl that totally "hooked up" with one of the Hogwarts Professors at the 2010 TriWizard. Rumor has it they are still doing okay.
    ....my girlfriend and I met during The Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament and I haven't been able to get rid of her.

Just sayin'.

^ This. Can't get rid of me.

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    GalFriday wrote: »

In the past there has always been a great mix, however I wouldn't come with expectations involving anything like "hooking up" That isn't the vibe of the crawl at all, it's a very fun and friendly group, don't mix those signals. Maybe she wants to be your pokebro, but doesn't want you to poke-her-bro.(not to say that is what you mean by this, but just in case! It also gave me an excuse to use that lame pun)

I don't know. I can think of at least one girl that totally "hooked up" with one of the Hogwarts Professors at the 2010 TriWizard. Rumor has it they are still doing okay.
    ....my girlfriend and I met during The Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament and I haven't been able to get rid of her.

Just sayin'.

I know theres people who met last year at the pokecrawl (although they talked before) who seem to be getting married now. Although the dude was one of the random tag alongs who didn't sign up but just faked it, which totally happens too.

• Options
    SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    I'm so sad I missed this opening twice :( I guess Mew escapes me this year

[x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• Options
    TheGrimLavaLampTheGrimLavaLamp Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    I choose you !Cyndaquil Gold +1

Someone PM me if editing in a +1 after the fact is not a good way of doing this >.<

TheGrimLavaLamp on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I choose you !Cyndaquil Gold

Teams have been closed for quite some time.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I choose you !Cyndaquil Gold

Teams have been closed for quite some time.

They are?! :P

Atlus should change the thread title to "SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED YOU SILLY SWANAS!"

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options

Just sayin'.

I tried searching snopes but this remains unconfirmed to me!

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular

Just sayin'.

I tried searching snopes but this remains unconfirmed to me!

You wouldn't understand. It's a headmaster thing.

• Options
    goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    Anyone still need assistants? I'll probably be done setting up my booth long before Pokecrawl starts and I'd have nothing else to do.

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter