As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Brazilian Jiu-[Chat]su

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    DO YOU SEE PONY

DO YOU SEE

i never imagined this was possible

rRwz9.gif
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    So that's some bump for Community's viewing figures, huh.

What's this? What happened?

Did it do well, I was unfortunately unable to catch it :(

I also heard they were putting parks and rec on break while community is back which is extremely disappointing.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Announcer on the classical music station this morning:

"I'll let you in on a secret, classical radio station announcers love St. Patrick's day because it means we get to say 'London derriere' with impunity!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Londonderry_Air

nibXTE7.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i did naht hit her i did naaaaaaaaaaaht

o hi jacob

obF2Wuw.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Wait one other thing I want to ask about:
    the mission involving Udina:
    On the platform, with Ashley. As soon as he pulled out on the counsellor I renegade optioned his shit without a moment's hesitation. I absolutely believed he had intent to shoot. Anyone wait to see what happens? Can you talk him down?
    No, you can't. But Ashley will shoot him.

Thom I feel like she and I are frenemies but I just want us to be friends :l
    She's pretty friendly with me now. That scene plays out as me trying to talk everyone down and putting away my gun as a sign of trust. Udina eventually gets pissed and says something along the line of "Fuck it, I'll do it myself." and Ashley shoots him. Now she trusts me. And I think she wants to jump my bones. But those are reserved for Cortez.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man, I wish I was still in Florida.

Saturday night, Papadosio closed out their sweet, sweet jamtronica set and the second stage immediately fired off Zoogma's drumstep interpretation of Three Six Mafia's Who Run It. All these hippie girls were suddenly getting club style raunchy in a way that I wouldn't have guessed they'd even know about.
    Ewww. Hippie girls. Gross.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    DO YOU SEE PONY

DO YOU SEE

holy shit

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh no, George Clooney got arrested for protesting against Sudan.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    i did naht hit her i did naaaaaaaaaaaht

o hi jacob

:^:

rRwz9.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    k thanatos i added u to my origins friends list

u beta not let me down

or i fuq kill u

obF2Wuw.png
    george clooney is so rad

edited March 2012
    k thanatos i added u to my origins friends list

u beta not let me down

or i fuq kill u
    Are you high? Post like an adult.

Also, my Krogan Sentinel is the best thing.

Thanatos on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    negatory

posting like an adult would result in mad depression

obF2Wuw.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    AssBro completed (well, the main story, anyway). Next up will be trying to get through ME1.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

It got a 2.2. Whatever that means. It's apparently a big deal, though.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    negatory

posting like an adult would result in mad depression
    this one time I shot thanatos with a rocket

actually it was a bunch of times. it was great.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thanatos wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man, I wish I was still in Florida.

Saturday night, Papadosio closed out their sweet, sweet jamtronica set and the second stage immediately fired off Zoogma's drumstep interpretation of Three Six Mafia's Who Run It. All these hippie girls were suddenly getting club style raunchy in a way that I wouldn't have guessed they'd even know about.
    Ewww. Hippie girls. Gross.

Hippie Girls and Florida, two of your least favorite things.

Timothy needs to redirect them hippie chicks to Orlando for a jamtronica set in my apartment.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    hi 5 tyrannus

obF2Wuw.png
    hi 5 tyrannus
    cp_gravelpit0001.jpg

Gooey wrote: »

there's a non-zero chance he might get deported to India, despite living in the US for most of his life

edited March 2012
    oh yeah that one

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    ME3: Multiplayer
    So the game insists on giving me shotguns. I have Katana IX right now. So I tried it. Still hate shotguns. But I did get the extended barrel for my Mantis. Which means lower level dudes are one shot kills.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Nobody ever adds me to their friends list

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Than what is your name on Origins again?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    My problem with D&D is that I always want to make characters that are good at everything but fighting, which doesn't really mesh well with the game.

D&D isn't the best system for that.

You maybe should try out Burning Wheel for non-combative RPG characters. There's a pretty robust "dual of wits" system and probably the most elaborate skill system I've seen in recent years.

I want to see systems that tend more towards elegance rather than complexity. What are some good systems that are based on as few rules as possible?

BW is actually pretty okay about this. There are a ton of options, yes, but it's not an inelegant or overly cumbersome game. Lots of stuff comes down to how your table wants to run situations. Combat for instance has different levels of involvement: the mook fights can just be single rolls to see if you outright murder the hapless thugs, or you can get down to a turn-by-turn D&D-esque fight for the more important clashes.

I've only recently started playing it, but I'm enjoying it so far. There are elements of the game I don't like so much, but it's a pretty refreshing departure from 4E.

Mouse Guard!

From what I understand they're basically the same game or at least super similar. I do want to give Mouse Guard a try at some point...my mouse apiarist must be realized! UNLEASH THE BEES!

Yeah, it's pretty much BW stripped down and focused nicely on the setting, but you could easily toss aside the mouse thing for a "party roaming the countryside" and get a nice set of mechanics for teamwork.

And the book is effing gorgeous. Very well-done and approachable product.

So long as I get an opportunity to yell "unleash the bees!" at some point during the game, I'll play it.

:bz = Mouse Guard

tim burton just needs to have sex with johnny depp and get it over with

Pony wrote: »

there's a non-zero chance he might get deported to India, despite living in the US for most of his life

doesn't particularly bother me

919UOwT.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Nobody ever adds me to their friends list

I have you on steam Lud, not origins though

u7stthr17eud.png

It got a 2.2. Whatever that means. It's apparently a big deal, though.

Google tells me that's a 38 percent increase over the season average. That's pretty terrific! I'd be thrilled if they could squeak into a fourth year, though in all honesty I've taken every season of Community after the first as an unlikely gift.

rRwz9.gif
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I have encountered a serious and unexpected problem playing Mass Effect 2.
    I just acquired The Prisoner and I've been quite friendly with Kelly my PA. But...

... I don't want the kids to see Dad sprawled on the living room couch with a bowl of chips and salsa, putting the moves on digital chicks.

It is hella awkward. I should have played this on the PC.

"Son, this is how you misuse rank to sleep with subordinates. Watch how daddy does it."

edited March 2012
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303863404577281483630937016.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read
    Want to avoid TSA pat downs, long lines and waltz through security with shoes and jackets on, laptops stored and all the soft drinks you can carry? As Scott McCartney explain on The News Hub, there is a way, and it costs just $100.

The Transportation Security Administration is rolling out expedited screening at big airports called "Precheck." It has special lanes for background-checked travelers, who can keep their shoes, belt and jacket on, leave laptops and liquids in carry-on bags and walk through a metal detector rather than a full-body scan. The process, now at two airlines and nine airports, is much like how screenings worked before the Sept. 11 attacks.

To qualify, frequent fliers must meet undisclosed TSA criteria and get invited in by the airlines. There is also a backdoor in. Approved travelers who are in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's "Global Entry" program can transfer into Precheck using their Global Entry number.

"It's a completely different experience than what you're used to," said Matt Stegmeir, a platinum-level Delta Air Lines Inc. frequent flier who was invited into Precheck when it opened at his home airport, Minneapolis-St. Paul. Besides zipping through security screening quickly and easily, Mr. Stegmeir noticed another difference: TSA agents at the Precheck lane are usually smiling.

"It's really a jarring contrast. It reminds you just how much of a hassle the security procedures in place really are," he said.

tyrannus on
    tyrannus wrote: »
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303863404577281483630937016.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read
    Want to avoid TSA pat downs, long lines and waltz through security with shoes and jackets on, laptops stored and all the soft drinks you can carry? As Scott McCartney explain on The News Hub, there is a way, and it costs just $100.

The Transportation Security Administration is rolling out expedited screening at big airports called "Precheck." It has special lanes for background-checked travelers, who can keep their shoes, belt and jacket on, leave laptops and liquids in carry-on bags and walk through a metal detector rather than a full-body scan. The process, now at two airlines and nine airports, is much like how screenings worked before the Sept. 11 attacks.

To qualify, frequent fliers must meet undisclosed TSA criteria and get invited in by the airlines. There is also a backdoor in. Approved travelers who are in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's "Global Entry" program can transfer into Precheck using their Global Entry number.

"It's a completely different experience than what you're used to," said Matt Stegmeir, a platinum-level Delta Air Lines Inc. frequent flier who was invited into Precheck when it opened at his home airport, Minneapolis-St. Paul. Besides zipping through security screening quickly and easily, Mr. Stegmeir noticed another difference: TSA agents at the Precheck lane are usually smiling.

"It's really a jarring contrast. It reminds you just how much of a hassle the security procedures in place really are," he said.

i wonder if the TSA's blog will say "we know our screening is meaningless, so we might as well make a few extra bucks."

919UOwT.png

To be frank, I have actually refused to visit the US since like, 2003 or so because of how insane it's become.

when i was in the states in 2005 every time i did an internal flight they took me out of line for a special trolling

I WAS VERY SAD

obF2Wuw.png
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Looks like Data finally sent that sleep command into Geth, who self destructed.

Fixed him with my sweet Omni-tool.

Pony wrote: »
    tim burton just needs to have sex with johnny depp and get it over with

Some actors and directors like to work together. Kurosawa and Mifune. Ford and Wayne. Scorsese and Bobby D. I never quite managed to grasp why Burton and Deep provokes an "Oh god, not again" reaction.

i wonder if the TSA's blog will say "we know our screening is meaningless, so we might as well make a few extra bucks."
    Can't be inconveniencing the 1%.

So much fucking hate.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    spool, I told mini-spool that he should be in bed. he told me he was on Spring break

aaahahha damnit he's on my Steam account isn't he!

Argh!
    no no, this was when you were playing xbox like, last night or the night before

Blargh! They're not supposed to be using my xbox live account unless they're playing Rockband! And certainly not supposed to be talking to people!
    hahahaah owned. I'm calling home now. :)

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I need to start thinking about the necessary ingredients for things before I start making them. That is all that stands in the way of me becoming the greatest chef in the world.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.